Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) He said sorry! (Read 14219 times)
Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

He said sorry!
Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458419-Yes-the-Threat-range-buff-did-q...
*edit* Since you will probably be reading this Cordovan, Very classy. Appology accepted, although I never needed one, since I reserve my tinfoil hat theories for things like Government corruptions, not just some guy doing his job.

Cordo's Quote (I did the bolding)

37:21 - 39:55
43:40

If you've been interested in this discussion, you may want to see the clips in some context. Missing of course is the spammer(s) in our chat room during the show, the "I heard someone who said he said" thread on a different forum and the person(s) who have been inundating my inbox for days now.

When I mentioned "tin foil hats" I was referencing the folk(s) who have been accusing us of deliberately not including this change into the update to personally spite them, rather than those who are encouraging us to add a critical threat range bonus to the Mechanic tree. Even when I was speaking, I was cognizant enough to know that the behind-the-scenes moderation issue shouldn't have been aired in public, so didn't explain the comment further, but since I didn't explain, I can understand why some folks felt I was referencing them. For that I apologize, and also apologize to anyone who was offended by the comment. Ultimately, I should have simply banned the spammer and not referenced the issue being spammed, but made a poor decision.

This thread has been open for some time now, despite it being in violation of the Community Guidelines. Since folks seem to have had their say at this point, and we need to start doing more about the spam issue we've been seeing on the forums and social networks in recent days, this thread is being closed. If someone feels they need further clarity on the issue, please PM me and we can discuss.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:09pm by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: He said sorry!
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:16pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
HAHA i guess my spamming worked!

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Sweet.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
nicely done. and fuck Thrudh.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Apologies are good things. Jerry helped relieve a little bit of my cynicism. I disagree with a lot of things he does, whether he believes he has to as a corporate shill, or not. But this, at least, does show class. 180 degrees from Turbine's usual behavior, he treats someone with respect.

Goddamn, it would be awesome if that would last beyond this one moment.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:23pm:
Apologies are good things. Jerry helped relieve a little bit of my cynicism. I disagree with a lot of things he does, whether he believes he has to as a corporate shill, or not. But this, at least, does show class. 180 degrees from Turbine's usual behavior, he treats someone with respect.

Goddamn, it would be awesome if that would last beyond this one moment.

Do a lot of pot, maybe some mushrooms, and then attempt to read it again. It will last a lot longer, then be totally gone forever.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Wow, you guys have become pretty accepting?

Quote:
When I mentioned "tin foil hats" I was referencing the folk(s) who have been accusing us of deliberately not including this change into the update to personally spite them, rather than those who are encouraging us to add a critical threat range bonus to the Mechanic tree. 

I'd almost believe it but there are a few things in this apology that indicate to me that is a begrudging apology and not sincere.
There are quite a few weasel statements, which is what you say when your giving a Clayton's apology (an apology that isn't really an apology but a justification).
The above quote is one such fallacy.

Who are the folks who have accused Turdbine of personal sleights against them?  Then bulk of the opposition posts have been civil and constructive.

The core of the opposition has been Flagged who was asking for a response from Sev and a few others who have said that Jerry's behaviour was inappropriate for a CS rep.  There is always the odd fruitcake screaming my Uber planned build is ruined, but that is not really who Jerry is referencing.

And Jerry didn't just make an off-the-cuff comment.
He made it several times and laughed at his own witty put downs.
Does someone laughing like that resonate with someone thinking internally that "I should not be saying this because of background moderation issues...blah, blah, blah".  BS.

Sorry guys, but I am going to be cynical and say his apology is not sincere and he's just doing it because he's been told to close the issue out.
Sev and Cordo know there are mule accounts just waiting to cause them grief so they're trying to shut it down - plain and simple damage control.  Nothing more and nothing less.
Sorry to those few optimists left amongst us.

Quote:
This thread has been open for some time now, despite it being in violation of the Community Guidelines. 

I call bullshit on this for two reasons.
1. Have you ever known Cordo not to close a thread or use the banhammer?  The guy is a trigger happy power deprived forum moderator with a insecurity complex.  Why has he been so "generous" this time?
2. What exactly is the violation that Flagged has committed?
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:22am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:46am
Print Post  
This.

But he did apologize and it was one of the longest posts he has made in a couple of months, which is as unusual as the half-hearted apology. 

Pro-tip: former Radio people HATE to write down statements when they could just use their 'gift' (voice) and speak off the cuff or from talking points. If you listen to Fatty you know the guy loves the sound of his voice.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:49am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 2:32am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:46am:
This.

But he did apologize and it was one of the longest posts he has made in a couple of months, which is as unusual as the half-hearted apology. 

Pro-tip: former Radio people HATE to write down statements when they could just use their 'gift' (voice) and speak off the cuff or from talking points. If you listen to Fatty you know the guy loves the sound of his voice.

I gotta admit, Cordo has a lot better voice than the new DDOCast guy. I have to crank up the volume just to hear him, and then I still can't understand half of it through the mumbles.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
we need to start doing more about the spam issue we've been seeing on the forums and social networks in recent days

It will he amusing to see cordo cracking down even harder. Deleting words as you type them would be a nice touch.  Cool

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 4:18am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 2:32am:
I gotta admit, Cordo has a lot better voice than the new DDOCast guy. I have to crank up the volume just to hear him, and then I still can't understand half of it through the mumbles.

It is true Cordo has a voice and face for Radio, best speaker of the bunch. And how about Sev's voice and speaking manner? he is like the ghost of so many Game-convention nerds manifest is flesh, the condescension, the halting manner with bursts of babble, the body language MY GOD THE BODY LANGUAGE!, the whole package. He makes Cordochin look like jimmy fallon. Perfect example of advancing at a company through merely surviving the purges, mediocrity floats to the top eventually if you pour enough cream out.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 4:22am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:42am:
It will he amusing to see cordo cracking down even harder. Deleting words as you type them would be a nice touch.  Cool

Yeah nice passive aggressive touch, what a bitch he is.

You know what is funny? this dumbshit has no idea just how much slack and traction he would have gotten if he posted a real and heartfelt apology with no qualifiers, seriously he missed the boat, or is just to insecure to do it.

If he had come right out and said, hey I'm sorry that was a mistake, and I'm going to try not to do it again? fucker would have bought himself a free pass for months. He would have empowered his legions of Fanbots and discredited a pack of folks who are now going to just wait for his next fuck up to pounce on.

Can't fix stupid.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:07pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458419-Yes-the-Threat-range-buff-did-q...
*edit* Since you will probably be reading this Cordovan, Very classy. Appology accepted, although I never needed one, since I reserve my tinfoil hat theories for things like Government corruptions, not just some guy doing his job.

If you've been interested in this discussion, you may want to see the clips in some context. Missing of course is the spammer(s) in our chat room during the show, the "I heard someone who said he said" thread on a different forum and the person(s) who have been inundating my inbox for days now.

When I mentioned "tin foil hats" I was referencing the folk(s) who have been accusing us of deliberately not including this change into the update to personally spite them, rather than those who are encouraging us to add a critical threat range bonus to the Mechanic tree. Even when I was speaking, I was cognizant enough to know that the behind-the-scenes moderation issue shouldn't have been aired in public, so didn't explain the comment further, but since I didn't explain, I can understand why some folks felt I was referencing them. For that I apologize, and also apologize to anyone who was offended by the comment. Ultimately, I should have simply banned the spammer and not referenced the issue being spammed, but made a poor decision.

This thread has been open for some time now, despite it being in violation of the Community Guidelines. Since folks seem to have had their say at this point, and we need to start doing more about the spam issue we've been seeing on the forums and social networks in recent days, this thread is being closed. If someone feels they need further clarity on the issue, please PM me and we can discuss.

I think Who cares you misunderstood Cordoban. The focus was on the sentence inred, not the one you wanted to see (bolded in blue). Grin
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2015 at 5:59am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 4:18am:
Perfect example of advancing at a company through merely surviving the purges, mediocrity floats to the top eventually if you pour enough cream out.

So true  Sad  Turdbin needs more protein in it's corporate diet  Cheesy

Yeah, I found it pretty weak too. If it was a violation, state what specific term it violated. If it was a moderation issue, STFU already. In no case throw out a dismissive phrase and then laugh.

I'd love to put out some comments Cordo can't moderate, too bad I'm embarrassed to even mention DDO in my social media. And can't stand actually watching his twitch stream. And don't have any hope left for the game. OK, so there are a lot of reasons I'm not going to bother posting anything. I think Turdbin has developed Ablative Shit Armour  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 8:07am
Print Post  
I never said it was a good apology, as far as the *edit* Pascal's wager! I have never hid who my toons are, you know Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2015 at 8:08am by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all

Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #16 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 9:26am
Print Post  
I can't believe it took me so long to remember this gem:

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:18am:
I'd almost believe it but there are a few things in this apology that indicate to me that is a begrudging apology and not sincere.
There are quite a few weasel statements, which is what you say when your giving a Clayton's apology (an apology that isn't really an apology but a justification).
The above quote is one such fallacy.

Who are the folks who have accused Turdbine of personal sleights against them?  Then bulk of the opposition posts have been civil and constructive.

All true. But this is Turbine. Jerry's apology, full of justifications as it is, represents a drastic change all by itself.

Baby steps.

m4lacka wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 5:57am:
I think Who cares you misunderstood Cordoban. The focus was on the sentence inred, not the one you wanted to see (bolded in blue).

I think the quote is from Burn Notice, and I know I'm misquoting it: "The best way to hurt a liar is to pick one of his lies and make it true."

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Reply #18 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 10:15am
Print Post  
I agree with Drop and Hag, it was just a big 'ole passive-aggressive begrudgingly-done apology that probably came at the behest of some one up the food chain.

I mean, yeah, I guess it's "nice" that he bothered to apologize even if it wasn't sincere, full of shit and self-righteous. It would have been MUCH better had he did a sincere one, without adding in all the sidebar crap to try to justify himself doing it.

The sad part all the zealots will be bowing down and having the Jim Jones effect/Stockholm Syndrome they usually have and think Jerry can do no wrong, and corporate can smile while banging skanky secretaries and sipping their Joe and say to themselves "PR disaster avoided."

Either way, I wasn't offended, I thought it was cute, which goes to show you that Turbine DOES INDEED come here to find out what the fuck is going on in their game.

Move out and draw fire.

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #19 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Well at least he posted it at 9 PM Saturday night his time. It's at a point where we're forcing him to constantly be in a state of paranoia and ruin his personal life by making him sweat for his job 24/7....and for that I stand up and applaud you all.

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:26am by CosmicCharlie »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:25am:
Well at least somebody posted it at 9 PM Saturday night his time.

While it's probably only Jerry handling the Cordovan Account, there can be more than one person actually handling said account. ( or having the ability to make posts using that forum name )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I would have felt better if the post he made actually was also in the dev tracker.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #22 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:32pm:
While it's probably only Jerry handling the Cordovan Account, there can be more than one person actually handling said account. ( or having the ability to make posts using that forum name )

OK, well, we can keep them busy 24/7, there is an army of us and only a few of them.  If it keeps him up at night or taking away from his free time outside of work, we're winning.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:07pm:

LOL

IP Logged

Cordovan
Korthos Resident

I Hate Players

Reply #24 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Next time I will have to school you on how its done.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint