Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic favor farming? How to do so efficiently/quickly so (Read 9998 times)
Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

favor farming? How to do so efficiently/quickly so
Apr 18th, 2015 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
If you have Vet 2, and are only premium with nothing else going for you on a newish account, how would you list the quests to run in best order for getting 100 favor and then a list to 500 favor in the shortest time possible?

This presumes starting with no plat, on new server, solo running and beginning in marketplace after leaving the vet airship from levelling to 7, plus buying a level 7 hireling after the first couple quests (having earned enough in chest item sales to get one).

I've gotten a lot of conflicting suggestions from google and the ddo forums, are of course, useless.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Re: favor farming? How to do so efficiently/quickly so
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
if premium - cannot open elites - meh.
consider starting at lvl 4 instead and join some pugs
also often nets you a ship invite
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2015 at 1:53pm by crunch »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Best is to do it with box account that has a barb/sorc runner,
Move acc you want quests completed on as "spoonge" to quests where your "runner" confirms completition.
Back in the day when we farmed tp we managed to do 15 minute 25 tp runs, fastest was i think 12 or so minutes we had but that was when we were in top form and yes most will say its useless, but some people just enjoy the get for free without doing a shit approach.

I can explain better, but best is to ask a friend to explain further.
There are many strategies about route/time/dual/triple box routes that you can do,
Fastest is in a 2 man cell with 2 boxes
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2015 at 2:02pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
So just dual box with my main account and as I am about to complete, then invite the other character in and complete the quest?

I hadnt considered dual boxing this game, but I suppose that works.

Thanks.

O, and btw, why sorc/barb in particular as a runner?

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 2:33pm:
So just dual box with my main account and as I am about to complete, then invite the other character in and complete the quest?

I hadnt considered dual boxing this game, but I suppose that works.

Thanks.

O, and btw, why sorc/barb in particular as a runner?

Barb with sprint boost. Blow through quest super fast and destroy end boss fast. Bring in your second box after your main box (barb / elite opener capable toon) enters on elite.  Another option is monk or ranger with sprint boost if you have those.  Hope you already have a high level character with fast run speed because just building one up is going to take longer than actually farming.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Ill be fresh on each server for both accounts, so meh, its just time.

Is the sorc level for teleport or something?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 6:23am
Print Post  
Its mainly a build you level up to level 14 or so on a f2p account. 12 levels of sorc 2 barb.
barb gives you sp boost and sorc gives you aoe /fireballs /wall of fire/haste/wings from air savant for maximum speed efficiency, teleport, ddor. Basically eveerything you need for fast favor runs.
Wizz has slower  cast time and no wings so no wizz isnt as good
basically a sp boosted winging sorc can bypass many lockout points or cheest for fast times in completition

Also it is very nice when you move your main account to put a wall or smthn spell in quest that require killing something specific.

Your best bet for tp is to do fast 100 favor runs on every server then just do regular runs.
I know it gets annoying, but as time progresses you will unlock most packs for tr and while tring main thro heroic content you will get enough tp to buy even more packs potentially unlockin eveything.
Thats how me and friend did it tho, also keep a eye on events on fbook/twiter/google+, they are rather generous with events and you can easily explot to get 4-5 k tp per event
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2015 at 6:27am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 19th, 2015 at 6:23am:
Its mainly a build you level up to level 14 or so on a f2p account. 12 levels of sorc 2 barb.

Nice explanation, thanks for posting that.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 11:44am
Print Post  
TYVM

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Wife and I just got tp as we TR but once in awhile I would just make a tr barb if I was just missing 25 or 50 tp and did

1) Heyton's Rest           6  korthos
2) Storehouse Secret       6   korthos
3) Cannith Crystal         6   korthos
4) Collaborator            12   korthos
5) Bringing The Light      6    harbor-leaky dinghy
6) Information Is Key      12   harbor-leaky dinghy
7) Haverdasher             6    harbor
8) Durk's Secret           12   harbor
9) Garrison's Pack         12   harbor
10) The Lost Tome          9    harbor
11) Kobolds new ringleader 12   harbor
12) Butcher's Path         12   harbor
13) the sunken sewer        9   marketplace
14) swiped signet          12   marketplace
Total favor in all(elite) = 132

delete and repeat

Fastest way to farm tp though is just go mow someones lawn one afternoon and use the $ and buy some.

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Or you can suck jerry's dick for a tp code, i hear that paid out for a lot of the player's council.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #11 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Apr 19th, 2015 at 11:50am:
Fastest way to farm tp though is just go mow someones lawn one afternoon and use the $ and buy some.

Absolutely this.

Unless you're in the southern hemisphere, in which case shovel some snow.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #12 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:07am
Print Post  
the best timeframe was 25 tp/ 30 mins.

veteran I coz lvling to 7 takes more time. +1 min prolly

MIA 9, sunken sewer 9, stealthy reposeession 9, ringleader 12, Baudry p-chain III. redbox 9, garrison 12, durk 12, haverdash 6, info is key 12, bringing the light 6, and storehouse secret.

This was the method b4 they focked up harbor and korthos path retardedly. Now u need 4 favor from somewhere else.
Return to sanctuary redbox 9 favor maybe, sharns suck as they r plcaed crappily in market.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #13 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:56am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:07am:
the best timeframe was 25 tp/ 30 mins.

veteran I coz lvling to 7 takes more time. +1 min prolly

MIA 9, sunken sewer 9, stealthy reposeession 9, ringleader 12, Baudry p-chain III. redbox 9, garrison 12, durk 12, haverdash 6, info is key 12, bringing the light 6, and storehouse secret.

This was the method b4 they focked up harbor and korthos path retardedly. Now u need 4 favor from somewhere else.
Return to sanctuary redbox 9 favor maybe, sharns suck as they r plcaed crappily in market.

25 per 30 mins lol?
Best we had was 12 minutes if i remember right.
Even now its around 15 minute mark/25 tp for a experienced boxer, and you can do it a bit faster now with new harbor drop point
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:57am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #14 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:56am:
25 per 30 mins lol?
Even now its around 15 minute mark/25 tp for a experienced boxer, and you can do it a bit faster now with new harbor drop point

if you do it with party, yes it can be taken down. try dualbox only, an opener and a runner, and you will see.

EDIT: and btw how much time does it take to set up the other accounts, to get the quests into near complete state, to create the toon, maybe watch the clock on your computer to see the actual time, not just add up the quest completion times. Coz then ye, completing the quests takes only 30-60 sec.

Also one could just macro toon creating and running and run it while at work, etc.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:28pm by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:56am:
25 per 30 mins lol?

That's still essentially working for less than 2$/hr.

I did a bunch of favor runs to test out the different classes when I was new to the game, but once it turns into a grind it makes more sense to do that grind at work...even if you make minimum wage.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Fikumiku
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 8:18am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 5:10am:
That's still essentially working for less than 2$/hr.

I did a bunch of favor runs to test out the different classes when I was new to the game, but once it turns into a grind it makes more sense to do that grind at work...even if you make minimum wage.

In some parts of the world people work for few $ per day. And yes, they still got internet access. Not everyone was lucky to born in developed country Wink Not to mention its not possible to buy TPs from some countries. Maybe using Paypal but its another story.

About favor runs. Most effective is dualbox. You can do a solo run on a boxed dedicated runner and sponge in 20-23  minutes. As someone above said its 13-15 min when you find someone to help with.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint