Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Some more gems from our good mate BlackHeartOx (Read 55614 times)
GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Re: Some more gems from our good mate BlackHeartOx
Reply #150 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:21pm:
doing everything they can to silently destroy the systems and shit

No kidding.  Let's say you pulled the Turbine team together and asked "Other than turning the servers off, what can we do to make sure we never get another new player?"

Completely breaking the intro quest would have to be at or near the top of the list, right?  Or it might be second on the list, just after popping a message that says "Fuck off we don't want you here."

Then again, that doesn't keep new folks out of The Vault, so maybe it wouldn't be at the top of the list.   Huh

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #151 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:34pm:
No kidding.  Let's say you pulled the Turbine team together and asked "Other than turning the servers off, what can we do to make sure we never get another new player?"

Completely breaking the intro quest would have to be at or near the top of the list, right?  Or it might be second on the list, just after popping a message that says "Fuck off we don't want you here."

No, I think this was Turdbine's best solution to solving the lag problems.

"If we stop those annoying prats from joining, we have less load on the servers......"

If the shoe fits....     Grin

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #152 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:07pm:
I was chatting to someone who recently tried running The Grotto (the first mandatory quest in the game after character creation) and it was bugged and not completable.  They tried 4 or 5 times with the same issue (NPC pathing from the sounds of it).  WTF?

You sure your chat buddy isn't retarded?  I just ran the damn thing a couple of weeks ago and it seemed fine.  can't imagine a bug like that not being a major whine in the motherboreds.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #153 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
It gets bugged sometimes, a guildy had a similar issue in the Grotto with the npc going brain dead after talking to it.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #154 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:52pm:
It gets bugged sometimes, a guildy had a similar issue in the Grotto with the npc going brain dead after talking to it.

no shit?  never seen it.  never.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #155 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:54pm:

Same.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #156 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
What happened to me the first time I ran it. The first fight was went as scripted, with all the NPC's there. I talked to jeets afterwards to opened the trapped door. I then zerged like I always do. At the end fight the only one that was there was Jeets. I figured I had broke the quest by over zerging it. I ran all the way back to the begging to look for Calimas with no luck. And you have to talk her or the quests won't complete, and you can't just click on the door to enter Korthos it gives you an error message about having to complete the quest first. So I did it again. The second time at the first fight. Calimas was the only one with me there, after that fight I couldn't even progress because whichever NPC opens the gate to get the key never spawned. Sure am glad I did this on my main server, because I have this vague memory of not being able to even skip the storyline if you haven't done it at least once.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:43pm by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #157 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:37pm:
You sure your chat buddy isn't retarded?  I just ran the damn thing a couple of weeks ago and it seemed fine.  can't imagine a bug like that not being a major whine in the motherboreds.

The chat buddy was a friend I convinced to try the game out.
And no he isn't retarded, but thanks for your concern.

Yobai wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:54pm:

Pretty sure I'm not retarded either, so I just created a new mule account and it happened 8 times in a row before I got bored.
Jeets very obviously gets stuck with pathing, and then becomes non-responsive at the trap door.  Other NPC's get stuck at various points too.
I tried different things each time, slowing down, pausing between scripted actions etc.  Different bugs, same net result.

Of the many accounts I have created, never had this happen before either.  But it is happening now.
Guess it must be a bit random.  NPC pathing in general has been buggy for awhile.

But this is what new players to the game encounter and they cannot bypass or progress.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:11am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #158 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:09am
Print Post  
You know what guys, this is what I love about the vault. The first 5 pages of this thread is us giving some guy shit over some gay and retarded shit he put in his bio. This site truly is the opposite of the official forums.

On the MB threads start off, about half the time, being someone with a legitimate complaint or suggestion, then de-evolving into a "my internet pee pee is bigger than your internet pee pee." Here on the vault threads start out as total fucking bullshit and evolve into something productive and useful, sometimes, you just have to be able to get through the first five pages.

Fuck Off, That is all

Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #159 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:09am:
You know what guys, this is what I love about the vault. The first 5 pages of this thread is us giving some guy shit over some gay and retarded shit he put in his bio. This site truly is the opposite of the official forums.

On the MB threads start off, about half the time, being someone with a legitimate complaint or suggestion, then de-evolving into a "my internet pee pee is bigger than your internet pee pee." Here on the vault threads start out as total fucking bullshit and evolve into something productive and useful, sometimes, you just have to be able to get through the first five pages.

Shhhh - we hide the good stuff down the back of threads.
We just hope Cordo doesn't have the appetite to read beyond the first few pages (or can use a search engine).   Grin

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #160 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Well maybe Cordo should just take my fucking advice and change his avatar already. I mean fuck I went through all the trouble to make it for him and everything.

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:17am by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #161 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:19am
Print Post  
i can has order as canvas print ?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #162 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:27am
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:19am:
i can has order as canvas print ?

If I were you I would go for the metal print, that way if someone gets crazy over you for holding a sign, you can always use it as a weapon.

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #163 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:27am:
If I were you I would go for the metal print, that way if someone gets crazy over you for holding a sign, you can always use it as a weapon.

And I'll take improved crit: bludgeon. Ledouche is probably coming after me for my serverhopping-psychobiostalking antics.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #164 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:27am:

My motto: Why wait for crazy? I can bring that shit myself.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:45am
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:51am:
serverhopping-psychobiostalking antics.

you! I like you!
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:45am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #166 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:37am:
My motto: Why wait for crazy? I can bring that shit myself.

I hear you. There are many levels of crazy. I tend to find myself bouncing back and forth between, "crazy like a fox," and "bat shit crazy."

Crazy like a fox gets more done, but bat shit crazy is more fun.

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #167 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:17am:
A friend of mine said, "hey man, did you hear that dungeons and dragons online went free to play?" To which I replied, "there's a dungeons and dragons online ?!?"

That was almost exactly my same conversation/reaction... back in 2010...  have seen zippidty-doodah-squatola in advertising from Turbine since....

I mean, 6 freaking LotR/Hobbit movies have come and gone, and Turbine still had zero advertising for their LOTRO game....  imagine seeing an add in one of those pre-movie
trailer spots in a theater - talk about a targeted audience...  what a missed opportunity.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
HiWelcome wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:03am:
That was almost exactly my same conversation/reaction... back in 2010...  have seen zippidty-doodah-squatola in advertising from Turbine since....

I mean, 6 freaking LotR/Hobbit movies have come and gone, and Turbine still had zero advertising for their LOTRO game....  imagine seeing an add in one of those pre-movie
trailer spots in a theater - talk about a targeted audience...  what a missed opportunity.

I found the game from googling dnd pc games. Nov-2012. There were even people playing back then too! was great. infi lfms for all of necro 1-4, von, sands(needs a fukin teleporter btw)

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #169 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:00am:
I tend to find myself bouncing back and forth between, "crazy like a fox," and "bat shit crazy."

Maybe you should shoot for Foxbat crazy...

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 1:24pm by GooFY »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #170 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 1:22pm:
Maybe you should shoot for Foxbat crazy...

Looks like it requires too much gear...

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #171 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:04pm:
sands(needs a fukin teleporter btw)

/Signed!

And not just a teleporter to tie into the teleporter network, they need an NPC to teleport to quest entrances once you've been there, and to teleport between entrances while you are inside so you can run all of the quests in the chain without endless running or recalling and going back in.

We've payed both our TP and our grind dues, and you've nerfed the XP and drop rates, so just let us run the quests already.

A hot 20 year old can afford to be coy, when you're 45 you need to get to business before your customer falls asleep.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #172 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:16am:
Well maybe Cordo should just take my fucking advice and change his avatar already. I mean fuck I went through all the trouble to make it for him and everything.

Hey, you mis-spelled 'retarted'...    Grin

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #173 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 5:04am
Print Post  
HiWelcome wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:27pm:
Hey, you mis-spelled 'retarted'...    Grin

Well I am glad you lol'd at this, because the humor was lost on me. Maybe you should explain it to me like I am doggyrapist.

And Cosmic, lol you made my fucking day when I saw your new avatar. I was a long hard day of de-construction, followed by construction, lots of cussing, and throwing of the hammer.

Thanks I really needed it!

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #174 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Tested grotto on Orien with a human barbarian, G-land with a halfling monk, Thelanis with a warforged sorc, and Khyber with a halfing rogue and all went fine.

On each life I zerged the quest as fast as possible and the NPCs were always right behind me.  On the rogue, I trapped the trap without even talking to jeets.

The closest I got to breaking it was on the rogue life, I tried dragging the end fight, along with all the NPCs, nearly all the way back to the trapped door.  This broke Celimas' dialoge near the end, but after the wf caught up she became responsive and gave me my end reward.

At this point I got lazy and decided not to do any more.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint