Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) More rogue enhancement changes (Read 11960 times)
bugblatterbeastoftraal
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

More rogue enhancement changes
Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:00am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/456558-Rogue-Assassin-Changes/page75#p...
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457246-Rogue-Mechanic-%28and-Traps%29-...
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/456559-Rogue-Thief-Acrobat-Changes/pag...

"We have finished our testing, comparing the Thief-Acrobat's DPS and mitigation to a wide variety of build in both heroic and epic content. We have some changes coming to improve its performance.

Rogue

Sneak Attack damage now scales with 150% Melee Power or Ranged Power (depending on weapon). Previous: 100% Melee Power or Ranged Power.

Rogue - Thief-Acrobat

Innate Abilities

Cartwheel Charge: After tumbling you gain a +2 Morale bonus to Strength and Dexterity for 12 seconds. Passive: +2 Maximum Dodge, +20% Doublestrike. Previous: +5% Doublestrike.

Tier One

Acrobat Staff Training damage with staves increased from +1 to +2.

Tier Three

Sweeping Strikes - +1/3/5(W) to all nearby enemies and trips them. The trip DC is 10/14/18 + Rogue Level + Dexterity Mod + Trip Bonuses. The enemy rolls Balance to negate the trip. Previous: +1/+2/+3(W), the Trip DC was 10 + half Rogue level + Dex Mod.

Tier Five

Acrobatic Staff Training: +10 Melee Power, +3 to hit and +3 damage with quarterstaves. Previous: No Melee Power.

Sev~"

"We have completed our testing, comparing the DPS of Assassin in heroic and epic content versus a variety of top end builds. We have some changes to improved its performance.

Rogue

Sneak Attack damage now scales with 150% Melee Power or Ranged Power (depending on weapon). Previous: 100% Melee Power or Ranged Power.

Rogue - Assassin

Innate Abilities

Lethality - (Removed all old functionality.) While wearing light or cloth armor you gain +1 Insight bonus to critical damage multiplier to any weapon you are wielding.

Tier One

Poison Strikes - a new Assassin's Mark now refreshes the duration of an existing mark.

Stealthy - Movement speed during stealth is increased to +25/+50/+75. Previous: +20/+35/+50%

Tier Three

Shadow Dagger - the saving throw is now 10/14/18 + Rogue Level + the greater of Intelligence or Dexterity bonus. Damage now scales with 400% of Melee Power. Previous: the saving throw was 10/14/18 + half Rogue level + Intelligence bonus, and damage scaling was 200%.

Tier Four

Execute - Extra damage now scales with 400% Melee Power. Previous: 200%

Tier Five

Assassinate - the saving throw is now 10 + Rogue Level + the greater of Intelligence or Dexterity bonus + bonuses to Assassinate. Previous: the saving throw used 10 + Rogue level + Intelligence bonus + bonuses to Assassinate.

Measure the Foe - now gains 6 Melee Power per stack. Previous: 4 Melee Power per stack

Deadly Strikes - now adds +10 damage against enemies with an Assassin's Mark. Previous: +5

Sev~ "

"We've finished our testing of Mechanic, comparing both repeating crossbows and non-repeating crossbows to a variety of builds. We have some changes coming soon.

Rogue

Sneak Attack damage now scales with 150% Melee Power or Ranged Power (whichever is higher). Previous: 100% Melee Power or Ranged Power.

Rogue - Mechanic

Tier One

Sharpshooter: Non-repeating crossbows increase the damage to +2 and add one Sneak Attack die.

Tier Two

Sharpshooter: Non-repeating crossbows increase the damage to +2 and add one Sneak Attack die.

Tier Three

Tier Four

Leg Shot: Requires level 4. Previous: Required level 12.

Tier Five

Sharpshooter: +3 additional damage and one Sneak Attack die with all non-repeating crossbows. Now requires level 12.

Sniper: Non-repeating crossbows increase this to 3 Sneak Attack dice and also gain +2(W).

Mechanical Reloader: Fixed a bug where the +20% Ranged Alacrity with non-repeating crossbows wasn't working.

Sev~ "

Plus a follow up post answering some questions:
"~Is this final now? Or do you still want feedback on these changes?
~Any estimate as to when these changes will go live?

Answers:
~ Final for the next build, open to feedback after that. I would have loved to have a Lamannia testing phase, but doing that for an interim update isn't in the cards.

~ Soon.

Sev~
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:03am by bugblatterbeastoftraal »  

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: More rogue enhancement changes
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:33am
Print Post  
they're over 18 now

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Seems really good.

trip dc change makes it viable now.

TA gets 20 dstrike, 10 melee power and extra +5 to damage.

Sneak now scales with 150 melee power.

Assassins get 6 melee power per measure foe stack. assassin giving +1 to crit multiplier. poison strike scaling with 400% melee power. 10 damage on marked victims.

non-repeaters get 8d6 sneak alone. no small thing. 18/x builds should be at around 25d6 or something stupid like that. and +2 (w) along with +5 damage. There is also 20% alacrity wasnt working, so that should be even more damage now.

Looks like I will be doing few rogue lives. \o/

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NightLord
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:55am
Print Post  
Finally  Cheesy

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 5:43am
Print Post  
bugblatterbeastoftraal wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:00am:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/456558-Rogue-Assassin-Changes/page75#p...
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457246-Rogue-Mechanic-%28and-Traps%29-...
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/456559-Rogue-Thief-Acrobat-Changes/pag...

"We have finished our testing, comparing the Thief-Acrobat's DPS and mitigation to a wide variety of build in both heroic and epic content. We have some changes coming to improve its performance.

Rogue

Rogue - Thief-Acrobat

Innate Abilities

Cartwheel Charge: After tumbling you gain a +2 Morale bonus to Strength and Dexterity for 12 seconds. Passive: +2 Maximum Dodge, +20% Doublestrike. Previous: +5% Doublestrike.

Tier One

Tier Three

Sweeping Strikes - +1/3/5(W) to all nearby enemies and trips them. The trip DC is 10/14/18 + Rogue Level + Dexterity Mod + Trip Bonuses. The enemy rolls Balance to negate the trip. Previous: +1/+2/+3(W), the Trip DC was 10 + half Rogue level + Dex Mod.

Tier Five

Acrobatic Staff Training: +10 Melee Power, +3 to hit and +3 damage with quarterstaves. Previous: No Melee Power.

Sev~"

"We have completed our testing, comparing the DPS of Assassin in heroic and epic content versus a variety of top end builds. We have some changes to improved its performance.

Rogue

Rogue - Assassin

Innate Abilities

Lethality - (Removed all old functionality.) While wearing light or cloth armor you gain +1 Insight bonus to critical damage multiplier to any weapon you are wielding.

Tier One

Poison Strikes - a new Assassin's Mark now refreshes the duration of an existing mark.

Stealthy - Movement speed during stealth is increased to +25/+50/+75. Previous: +20/+35/+50%

Tier Three

Shadow Dagger - the saving throw is now 10/14/18 + Rogue Level + the greater of Intelligence or Dexterity bonus. Damage now scales with 400% of Melee Power. Previous: the saving throw was 10/14/18 + half Rogue level + Intelligence bonus, and damage scaling was 200%.

Tier Four

Execute - Extra damage now scales with 400% Melee Power. Previous: 200%

Tier Five

Assassinate - the saving throw is now 10 + Rogue Level + the greater of Intelligence or Dexterity bonus + bonuses to Assassinate. Previous: the saving throw used 10 + Rogue level + Intelligence bonus + bonuses to Assassinate.

Measure the Foe - now gains 6 Melee Power per stack. Previous: 4 Melee Power per stack

Deadly Strikes - now adds +10 damage against enemies with an Assassin's Mark. Previous: +5

Sev~ "

"We've finished our testing of Mechanic, comparing both repeating crossbows and non-repeating crossbows to a variety of builds. We have some changes coming soon.

Rogue

Sneak Attack damage now scales with 150% Melee Power or Ranged Power (whichever is higher). Previous: 100% Melee Power or Ranged Power.

Rogue - Mechanic

Tier One

Tier Two

Tier Three

Tier Four

Leg Shot: Requires level 4. Previous: Required level 12.

Tier Five

Sharpshooter: +3 additional damage and one Sneak Attack die with all non-repeating crossbows. Now requires level 12.

Sniper: Non-repeating crossbows increase this to 3 Sneak Attack dice and also gain +2(W).

Mechanical Reloader: Fixed a bug where the +20% Ranged Alacrity with non-repeating crossbows wasn't working.

Sev~ "

Plus a follow up post answering some questions:
"~Is this final now? Or do you still want feedback on these changes?
~Any estimate as to when these changes will go live?

Answers:
~ Final for the next build, open to feedback after that. I would have loved to have a Lamannia testing phase, but doing that for an interim update isn't in the cards.

~ Soon.
Also, rogues will become p2p class, unlockable with 1000 free agents favor or through the ddo store with 995 TP!

We are also planning to remove monk earth stance PRR, coz monks are too powerful and then planning to add "berzerker wizard" enhancement tree to clerics!

Sev~

You missed some stuff.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:08am:
Looking at old screenshots or old vids. Wtf happened or rather when did everybody started sucking so much that we need all this shit.

it isnt about "we.

Like, during open dupe season, I met a ton of first life or new TRs with fully decked out TF armor and weapons equipped. Rare augments were more common than the vendor's augs. Plat was free. And still many of those players couldnt really contribute. On normal or hard raids. And soulstones in ee quests. Basically given much gear needed to equip themselves properly. Using builds off forums. All of that doesnt make me better than someone who just knows the game well, even though they are using a less efficient build with roughly same gear.

It's about making classes uber. Everyone wants to be a champion(look at popularity of League of Legends). No one wants to be that healer that can only babysit then get ripped on after the quests if party wiped. That shit is garbage. This leads to more grouping. Not less. The reason the game cant get groups is because there's really only 1000 people playing daily across 7 servers. Roll Eyes

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Every change worries me, because Turbine code is resilient as wet tissue paper. The devs have the foresight of Nixon with a tape recorder. And about the same ability to recognize the shit they break as they have to fix it.

These changes look like they will suck less, if any of them wind up working.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:29am:
Everyone wants to be a champion(look at popularity of League of Legends)

Looks like I deleted my post ha.
I played LoL for a while. You'd usually lose 2v1, you can't do stuff alone.
That's the whole point.
Too easy game becomes boring for everybody eventually.
At this point I don't think we need more reasons not to group. All these buffs or "revamps" or whatever it's called, what's it good for.
This crop of devs are just bunch of idiots, really. Can't see the big picture whatsoever.
You'd think that newbie trying this game is interested in empty lfm panel and solo everything ? Like we all do at this point basically ?
Logged in after two weeks to participate in that 10 weeks thingy ( really bored at this point ). 4 ( four ) lfms on Ghallanda around 11 am gmt.
What.The.Fuck.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:14am:
Logged in after two weeks to participate in that 10 weeks thingy ( really bored at this point ). 4 ( four ) lfms on Ghallanda around 11 am gmt.
What.The.Fuck.

orien isnt any better.

are the devs really going to make things that cant be done alone at this stage of the game? with no players, trying to force coop is a loss.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 9:44am
Print Post  
They totally removed lethality and replaced it with a +1 to crit multiplier?  Lethality was one of the best abilities assassins had, and now I'll have to figure out how to work manslayer into my gear.  Should have been worth at least a +1 to crit range as well as the multiplier.

- Zorro

IP Logged

CanadianCurseword
Korthos Resident

Vut der ferk?

Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 10:17am
Print Post  
So, how long till some sandy vagina.. I mean forum paladin starts whining that rogues are too OP?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 9:44am:
  Lethality was one of the best abilities assassins had,

Nope.

Should have been worth at least a +1 to crit range as well as the multiplier.

Those fuckers will not give Threat range out again, ever. Look at the silence regarding threat range for the last month, except Fatty's video fuckup. That silence in the face of hundreds of posts asking about threat range buff indicates the new order. But the Devs don't want to deal with all the butthurt (deserved) that ruling out threat range will bring, just as they won't touch the the threat range buffs they gave out last year to the Bards, Pallys, and Barbs.

Classic Sev, too hard? just go silent. Easy? post post post.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:30am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:58am
Print Post  
CanadianCurseword wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 10:17am:
So, how long till some sandy vagina.. I mean forum paladin starts whining that rogues are too OP?

sighted already on threads. monkey-boy and few others. let it sink in until tomorrow night. you will have much sandy vag pallies

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:29am:
Nope.

Those fuckers will not give Threat range out again, ever. Look at the silence regarding threat range for the last month, except Fatty's video fuckup. That silence in the face of hundreds of posts asking about threat range buff indicates the new order. But the Devs don't want to deal with all the butthurt (deserved) that ruling out threat range will bring, just as they won't touch the the threat range buffs they gave out last year to the Bards, Pallys, and Barbs.

Classic Sev, too hard? just go silent. Easy? post post post.

Barbs didn't get a threat range buff either, you fucktard.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 12:11pm by »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Nice so now we see just how fucking clueless you are bitch.

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Oooh, an epeen fight on the interwebz, I've never seen that before  /popcorn!   Cheesy

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
They totally removed lethality and replaced it with a +1 to crit multiplier?  Lethality was one of the best abilities assassins had, and now I'll have to figure out how to work manslayer into my gear.  Should have been worth at least a +1 to crit range as well as the multiplier.

Horse hockey.

Lethality sucked because it didn't scale at all into Epic levels. The Vorpal attack only worked on things with fewer than 1000 HPs and EVERY mob in Epic content has well over 1000 HPs.

Lethality was Gay & Retarded. Now it scales and works very well with Rapiers and Kukris.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:39pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 1:29pm:
Nice so now we see just how fucking clueless you are bitch.

What clueless ? They didn't get anything new related to a threat range buff with the slight change to their enhancements. Anything permanently that is. Now go fuck yourself.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2015 at 4:39am by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
What clueless ? They didn't get anything new related to a threat range buff with the slight change to their enhancements. Anything permanently that is. Now go fuck yourself.

What exactly do you call Critical Rage, then?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Don't waste your time 5step, that douche is so clueless I wasn't going to bother. Fucking dumbass is even less informed than the actual troll. God save us from ignorant posers.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:33am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:14am:
What exactly do you call Critical Rage, then?

lol this old thing from module 9 is new to you ?
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:35am by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:25am:
Don't waste your time 5step, that douche is so clueless I wasn't going to bother. Fucking dumbass is even less informed than the actual troll. God save us from ignorant posers. 

You dickhead, this thing you call new which they brought forth from ancient times ?

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Again for the retarded.

Barbarian Critical Rage I and II can no longer be trained. Characters that currently possess these enhancements will retain them until they reset their enhancements, and these enhancements count as their "Barbarian Specialty". (Module 9 Release Notes)

http://ddowiki.com/page/Barbarian_Critical_Rage_%28history%29

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:44am
Print Post  
And according to the time when we got a enhancement pass it wasn't last year, but 3 years ago. You have been proven wrong again "Hag Master" the retarded.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #24 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:51am
Print Post  
In this corner weighing in at over 350 posts we have the nipple-less wonder, the imposter of imposters, big, green and totally mean Teh_Troll!

And in this corner weighing on at over 3000 combined posts we have the master of hags, beater of bags, snooty and a bit loony the Hag master! And his partner for todays bout, the stepper of steps, the stomper of noobs, the poster of boobs, 5 Foot Step!

Who will come out victorious? Who will post the most inane shit? Who will cry like a bitch first?

But most importantly, who cares?

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint