Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Butthurt players turn on each other and Rogues pay (Read 19379 times)
Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Re: Butthurt players turn on each other and Rogues pay
Reply #50 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
I was looking forward to playtesting an 18rogue/1druid/1monk (master of forms) acrobat Sad.

Or fvs instead of druid with sireth...

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #51 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 7:22pm:
I don't waste time on hobby-vaulters and amateur-firestarters like you,  they never can make it worth my while.

And here I thought I was going to become Vault MVP with my .45 posts per day average. To be fair, I read a lot more than I post.

I want nice things as much as anybody, and I was drooling over the possibility of having another +1 crit multiplier on my mechanic (I don't currently have an assassin or thacrobat), but two things gave me pause when it came to Lethality: 1) that build options get eliminated when two 18 cores are a can't miss and work together and 2) we have been a little too supportive of silly creep-crazy changes like Holy Sword. If the counter argument is that there is still more power needed in those individual trees to keep up with the other recent changes, I can get behind that if the math supports it. Otherwise, and I'm sorry for the redundancy, we lose out on build variety if these can't miss abilities go into the late cores of different trees, and build variety is what this game primarily has to offer.

I do have to ask; if there is such a concern about missing out on powerful abilities, why not make a well-reasoned case in the thread that is clearly being read by devs instead of complaining in the Vault?

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2015 at 10:15pm by FM »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #52 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 3:51pm:
And with only the very top end gear, meaning all those end-gamers that have yet to fully twink are non-represented.

Yikes, what vanishingly small segment of the playerbase is fully twinked and at end game?

I've got a bunch of characters at 20 and I've been trying to decide if I should advance them into epic levels or TR them, so I've been checking the "Who" and "LFM" lists periodically. There don't seem to be a ton of capped characters on, and I can't imagine "fully twinked" would describe even half of those.

Wow, 2 testers, less than a day. That's pathetic. Imagine what they could do if they used Lamania properly  Cry

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #53 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 6:55am
Print Post  
FM wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 9:53pm:
Otherwise, and I'm sorry for the redundancy, we lose out on build variety if these can't miss abilities go into the late cores of different trees, and build variety is what this game primarily has to offer.

Actually, putting a "must have" ability in multiple trees improves build variety.

Putting a "Meh" ability in multiple trees degrades variety because there are fewer distinct abilities to choose from, but a tree that precludes taking a "Must Have" will get pruned from build choices entirely, resulting in less overall variety.

I agree that build variety is desireable, I disagree with the premise that the "Hard Choices" approach advances that goal.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #54 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 7:15am
Print Post  
FM wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 9:53pm:
I do have to ask; if there is such a concern about missing out on powerful abilities, why not make a well-reasoned case in the thread that is clearly being read by devs instead of complaining in the Vault?
Because past performance has shown us that there is no hope for reasonable discussion.

The devs do not read, at best, they skim.  A well reasoned case with a solid supporting argument will not be read because it's hard.

It's hard for them to consider that their point of view is misinformed because they are certain all the players are stupid.

It is true that many are, but Cordovan is a shitty filter and does nothing to help the signal to noise ratio.

Have you seen him talk about his level of play skill and watch him demonstrate it in his live streams?  He is not qualified to evaluate anything about game mechanics.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #55 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
Or fvs instead of druid with sireth...

For Sireth sure.

I was still leaning towards druid though. There is enough AP for KTA so divine might is a wash. 1 racial, 31assasin, 35TA, = 13 harper  (I was actually tempted to try it out as a primarily int build)

I quite liked the look of the TOEE staff with 1 druid:

8[1d6] (5 base +1.5 shillelagh +1.5 A dance of flowers) 13-20 crit threat, (19 base -1 TA, -1 DC -4 I.Crit)
13-18 * 5 multiplier (base 3 + 1 TA +1 Lethality)
19-20 * 7 multiplier (5 + 1 OC, +1 master of forms)

Oh what could have been Sad
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:57am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Tincan
Korthos Resident

I dove Llama!

Reply #56 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 6:55am:
Actually, putting a "must have" ability in multiple trees improves build variety.

Bullshit, as long as you can get all of them, which you could. It then becomes a no-brainer, which is probably exactly the level most people operate on. Sev and team are just so challenged that they didn't consider the possibility at all and I'm not jaded enough that I wouldn't try to save the last surviving monads of a good game.

@Munk: Lethality would have been a multiplier and as such superior on the 18-20 bases. 18r/1m/1x is also a paperplane with 12 PRR base.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:53am by Tincan »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #57 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Tincan wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:41am:
@Munk: Lethality would have been a multiplier and as such superior on the 18-20 bases. 18r/1m/1x is also a paperplane with 12 PRR base.

Eh, my monk has over 100prr, the only hit I'd take on an 18/1/1 is -15 from Iron Skin.

With the initial proposal:
Sireth: 4.5[d10], 11-18 * 4, 19-20 * 6
(24.75base+8) * 53 (9normal attacks + 32 attacks [11-18*4 range] + 12 attacks [19-20*6 range])
=1735.75 damage per 20 swings.

Elemental Bloom: 8[1d6], 13-18 * 5, 19-20 * 7
(36 base damage+7) * 55 (11normal attacks + 30[13-18*5 range] + 14 [19-20*7 range]
=2365 damage per 20 swings

It's worth mentioning that the crit profile on the Elemental Bloom is technically better. With Lethality they both had 44 crits per 20 swings, but the elemental bloom gets 2 extra non crit attacks.

Without Lethality per 20 swings:
Sireth has 34 crits + 9 non crits = 43
Bloom has 36 crits + 11 non crits = 47

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:48am by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #58 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Bullshit, as long as you can get all of them, which you could. It then becomes a no-brainer, which is probably exactly the level most people operate on.

If there is exatly one combination of trees that lets you get all of the "Must Haves" then pretty much all of the builds for that class will take that one combination, and their higher tier choices will come from only that combination of trees.

If there are 2 choices of tree to provide one of the "Must Haves" then the builds will be split, with some drawing it from one tree and some from the other, so the builds will have more higher tier choices to round out with, and will be more diverse.

The best way to promote diversity is to not have one enhancement, or combination of enhancements, that clearly outshines all others. Absent the skill and will to make that delicate balance, the second best way to promote diversity is to provide a variety of ways to get the one enhancement or combo.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:13am:
Eh, my monk has over 100prr, the only hit I'd take on an 18/1/1 is -15 from Iron Skin.

With the initial proposal:
Sireth: 4.5[d10], 11-18 * 4, 19-20 * 6
(24.75base+8) * 53 (9normal attacks + 32 attacks [11-18*4 range] + 12 attacks [19-20*6 range])
=1735.75 damage per 20 swings.

Elemental Bloom: 8[1d6], 13-18 * 5, 19-20 * 7
(36 base damage+7) * 55 (11normal attacks + 30[13-18*5 range] + 14 [19-20*7 range]
=2365 damage per 20 swings

It's worth mentioning that the crit profile on the Elemental Bloom is technically better. With Lethality they both had 44 crits per 20 swings, but the elemental bloom gets 2 extra non crit attacks.

Without Lethality per 20 swings:
Sireth has 34 crits + 9 non crits = 43
Bloom has 36 crits + 11 non crits = 47

http://i.imgur.com/rIdwcWi.png

Now add 30 dmg on average to sireth from lightning strike, cloudburst plus supreme good and you will notice that they are pretty much even.

Also fom is very important, which usually is hard to fit in your gear layout.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:21am by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Bullshit, as long as you can get all of them, which you could. It then becomes a no-brainer, which is probably exactly the level most people operate on. Sev and team are just so challenged that they didn't consider the possibility at all and I'm not jaded enough that I wouldn't try to save the last surviving monads of a good game.

Are you the fucktard named Tinco on the motherboard who relentlessly was against lethality providing a +1 crit multiplier for all weapons across the board before they finally changed it to function with single handed weapons only ?

If yes, then pelase do me a favor and get the fuck out of here.

Maybe try being less butthurt, but instead actually support the game.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/456558-Rogue-Assassin-Changes/page76
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:30am by »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #61 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
Now add 30 dmg on average to sireth from lightning strike, cloudburst plus supreme good and you will notice that they are pretty much even.

Also fom is very important, which usually is hard to fit in your gear layout.

Acrobats basically have fom.

Lightning Strike = 9.15, Cloudburst = 8.75, Supreme good = 10.5

Sireth = 98.8125 per swing
E.Bloom = 101.05 per swing

It's close, but the bloom does come out slightly ahead, before factoring in it's procs (which are admittedly pretty shit)

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #62 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:29am:
Acrobats basically have fom.

Lightning Strike = 9.15, Cloudburst = 8.75, Supreme good = 10.5

Sireth = 98.8125 per swing
E.Bloom = 101.05 per swing

It's close, but the bloom does come out slightly ahead, before factoring in it's procs (which are admittedly pretty shit)

Nah, fom works slightly different than knockdown immunity. For instance getting held and such, which is very annoying.

Also i heard kik up is bugged.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:33am by »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #63 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
Nah, fom works slightly different than knockdown immunity. For instance getting held and such, which is very annoying.

Fair point, I use the flask for fom anyway.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:35am:
Fair point, I use the flask for fom anyway.

I really hate using the flask on my barbarian  Cheesy.

IP Logged

Tincan
Korthos Resident

I dove Llama!

Reply #65 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
If yes, then pelase do me a favor and get the fuck out of here.

Sorry, must have contracted some butthurt from an Epic Red Dragon Helm Thread.

I give a flying trolldung of what you think of my agenda. I'd advise you making a sensible point on the motherboards for lethality if that would be within your capabilities.

Meursault wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:23am:
The best way to promote diversity is to not have one enhancement, or combination of enhancements, that clearly outshines all others. Absent the skill and will to make that delicate balance, the second best way to promote diversity is to provide a variety of ways to get the one enhancement or combo.

You're arguing exactly down my alley.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:02am by Tincan »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Tincan wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:55am:
Sorry, must have contracted some butthurt from an Epic Red Dragon Helm Thread.

I give a flying trolldung of what you think of my agenda. I'd advise you making a sensible point on the motherboards for lethality if that would be within your capabilities.

So it was ultimately your fault they changed lethality ?

At least you were able to admit it.

IP Logged

Tincan
Korthos Resident

I dove Llama!

Reply #67 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Yes, I have the combined powers of earth, fire, wind, water and love over Sev.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Tincan wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:04am:
Yes, I have the combined powers of earth, fire, wind, water and love over Sev.

Did you say SOMETHING ?

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Sometimes i wonder what you fucktards are doing over there. Instead of helping fix said old bugs, all you do is cry about this and that.

You really make me sick.

IP Logged

Tincan
Korthos Resident

I dove Llama!

Reply #70 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:30am
Print Post  
I'll mark that as my monthly achievement in the boy scout calendar. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Tincan
Korthos Resident

I dove Llama!

Reply #71 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:13am:

Sireth would have gotten a better increase in LD, with both variants w/ Lethality (not counting 19-20 mods) sitting at 43 hits out of 20 swings, which is 6 up for Bloom and 8 up for Sireth.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Tincan wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:45am:
Sireth would have gotten a better increase in LD, with both variants w/ Lethality (not counting 19-20 mods) sitting at 43 hits out of 20 swings, which is 6 up for Bloom and 8 up for Sireth.

What did you cry for then ? If barbarians can do that, why not rogues too ? You got a problem with that ?
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:50am by »  

IP Logged

Tincan
Korthos Resident

I dove Llama!

Reply #73 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What did you cry for then ? If barbarians can do that, why not rogues too ? You got a problem with that ?

Did you discover rhethorical questions this morning? Maybe tomorrow you'll find 'reading comprehension', it's not like I'm particularly obscure when it comes to 'why'. Also, FM's post.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Tincan wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 12:06pm:
Did you discover rhethorical questions this morning? Maybe tomorrow you'll find 'reading comprehension', it's not like I'm particularly obscure when it comes to 'why'. Also, FM's post.

No, all i saw was you crying about rogues getting some love.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint