Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Interesting (Read 18425 times)
Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Interesting
Apr 25th, 2015 at 7:54am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Interesting
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:05am
Print Post  
looks like op and our op have something in common.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:06am
Print Post  
anyway, looks like gm commands to tele to player, loc or tele to quests. cloak on means they can monitor you without you knowing. they can only enter instanced quests that are IP if they are cloaked.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:07am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Admin commands pop up when you fuck up the instance/teleporting logic, like teleporting to an instance before it has been created or teleporting directly from a public instance to a private one.

My guess is that since only admins are able to bypass certain types of restrictions, the game just assumes that you're an admin by doing so.

The commands will never work tho, or at least they never did for me.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:23am by Sasha »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:31am
Print Post  
For posterity....

Quote:
So I was running around the Sands wilderness, rare hunting.. I brought up a DDoor and attempted to teleport, only to get this message.

(Admin): You cannot use /telechar or /teleto to get into an existing dungeon unless you are quest cloaked. (/cloak on) Please use /telequest or /teleportal if you wish to participate in the quest.

I'd post a screenshot but I don't know how... Looks like admin commands that I figure shouldn't be there?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
I've been seeing weird stuff the last several days. Like getting randomly teleport locked while doing a repetitive enter/recall farm....and recalling out of a wilderness with a quest entrance UI open and then being able to directly enter that quest from the public instance.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 4:19am
Print Post  
*rolleyes*

In case you never bothered to look at the old logfiles from before motu, it has always been obvious that the client is exactly the same for GM and for us.
It's just a parameter in the command line generated by the launcher to start the client after querying the GLS server : something akin to : F2P, Premium, VIP, Admin1, Admin2, ...
( I remember that I saw more than one level of Admin account )

just for posterity : /featrespec [parameters]

How do you think /rename works ? the rename token just set up a flag on the server, via the GLS server, that allows us to rename the character for a while...
( in Europe we just had to ask nicely to a GM to get the same result )
It's the same thing with all the commands, they are here, our accounts are not flagged to use them.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 4:43am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 6:43am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:03pm:
recalling out of a wilderness with a quest entrance UI open and then being able to directly enter that quest from the public instance.

that sounds like the reverse of the teleport group to quest through wilderness.

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Asheron's Call 1 would do similar things when it used to launch from the Zone WAYY back in the day.

You'd get funky warnings and it'd cite dev/admin commands.

Flav is right, a lot of that shit is in the pre-MOTU files, as he is about a lot of the Server side stuff dealing with DDO and their network setup.

In all honesty, that parameter flag shouldn't be too hard to recreate, granted it'd get noticed really fast (J/K it's Turbine they'd never notice), I'm sure their server side shit is built on Microsoft SQL 2008. Unless they're doing what the Army likes doing and running a Linux Red Hat Enterprise VM on a Windows Server 2k8 Rev 2. Granted much of their server/private IP side of the house is protected, they drop UDP packets, and it looks like ICMP. Doesn't matter from where, I tried it from a BGAN terminal, no go.

Granted you could get a bunch of losers from the #-chan who claim to be "Anons" and have them DDoS the shit out of the public one, but that wouldn't fix anything.

That'd give them a fucking headache, having a bunch of people running around with admin rights. Back to the lab.

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Apr 27th, 2015 at 7:24am:
That'd give them a fucking headache, having a bunch of people running around with admin rights. Back to the lab.

Oh, but in the right (responsible) hands it'd be so much fun!
Grin

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 9:22am
Print Post  
It'd be nice, just to create a force of "GMs" who actually address player issues.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #11 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Apr 27th, 2015 at 7:24am:
In all honesty, that parameter flag shouldn't be too hard to recreate, granted it'd get noticed really fast

If you're talking about turning your account into an admin account solely by fucking around inside the game then I don't think there is a way to do it in the live servers. I know many people in my server who have tried it a lot a few months ago and we never got any result other than getting a number of admin commands (which is also completely useless since you can watch Cordo's stream for 10 minutes and you can make up the whole list by yourself).
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2015 at 10:20am by Sasha »  

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #12 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 10:26am
Print Post  
But that would involve having to actually *watch* Cordo.    Cry

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #13 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 5:04am
Print Post  
If someone already figures bout being admin, try this Wink

/create eq_accessory_ring_A
(select created ring on ground just don't pick it )

/effect add eff_tr_mutation_wear_plus10.wc
/effect add eff_tr_mutation_recharge_10day.wc
/effect add eff_tr_mutation_level_30.wc
/effect add eff_tr_mutation_max_charges_50.wc

and let's say
/effect add eff_tr_mutation_spell_staff_arcane_power_selector.wc

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #14 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Apr 27th, 2015 at 8:52am:
Oh, but in the right (responsible) hands it'd be so much fun!

Most definitely. AC1's Approach to that was awarding players that had been around since the Beta stages in '98 and got pre-screened through their Vetting progress certain rights...and a really cool shield with a sweet aura. Those were the Player Advocates, Envoys and Emissaries, I got to be one from '99-'00, it was pretty cool. Mostly moving people who got stuck in the landscape or forcing the named Gelidite bosses in Frore to respawn.

Sasha wrote on Apr 27th, 2015 at 10:18am:
If you're talking about turning your account into an admin account solely by fucking around inside the game then I don't think there is a way to do it in the live servers.

Negative, Sasha. I mean from the Server Side itself. I am sure it is a simple flag value in the launch parameters from the GLS/GUN server that Turbine runs. Unless it's in the .ini file but that would be so fucking stupid, I'll scan through it anyway.

Granted I could do a force entry attack on Cordo's acct to try to populate it, the run a packet sniffer to see if there is anything out of the ordinary that populates as opposed to a regular account.

Still, I'm sure those Admin Accts are controlled, and will probably enter of a pool or at least a special room in the Chat Server, and seeing some wierd named previously-f2p character with Admin Rights would mobilize the Nerdy Kill Botz.

I have been trying to (unsucessfully) recreate what they are doing via Microsoft SQL 2008 and MySQL on Linux in the lab (my garage I work in), with limited results, since with the advent of Akami and Post-MOTU, those old files really don't hold any relevance other than reference material and the feeling of "fuck-I-should've-done-this-a-few-years-back"

Still, worth trying it. And I am more of a SATCOM/CNR guy, there are some computer and cyber warfare dudes who would be a lot more fruitful with their efforts, but with our OpTempo geared towards doing Army stuff, and not being an asshole and fucking with Turbine, they won't help me.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Apr 28th, 2015 at 1:50pm:
I am sure it is a simple flag value in the launch parameters from the GLS/GUN server that Turbine runs.

Oh it's a simple flag, well a simple parameter, I don't remember it, but I remember seeing it in the launcher log files and wondering if I it was possible to hack the GLS server in such a way that he sent back the right token for an admin account.

Yeah I see that you too are stuck with the sour feeling that you should have looked deep into the things earlier. the Akamai debacle got rid of a lot of legacy things.
( those log files were extremely useful when troubleshooting connection issues. Nowadays you're just left wondering )

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #16 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 28th, 2015 at 3:01pm:
Oh it's a simple flag, well a simple parameter, I don't remember it, but I remember seeing it in the launcher log files and wondering if I it was possible to hack the GLS server in such a way that he sent back the right token for an admin account.

Yeah I see that you too are stuck with the sour feeling that you should have looked deep into the things earlier. the Akamai debacle got rid of a lot of legacy things.
( those log files were extremely useful when troubleshooting connection issues. Nowadays you're just left wondering )

Akami did mess things up for us, as well as them running the launcher through a proxy. It's all standard operating procedures for the cyber-domain we exist in, where any idiot on 4chan can torrent or SourceForge the LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon) and will intermediate knowledge of C# can modify it and run it through a VPN in an internet cafe to take out Chase or American Airlines servers.

DDO however, is still a game, and I doubt their counter cyber-warfare knowledge is up to par.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand. I am sure that the parameter is extremely simple in it's nature as you said, probably in the form of some SSL Certifcate or XML signature file, I doubt they're running some 256-bit AES encryption lol.

I was looking at the DNDClient.txt log files, and I say this one line that caught my eye.

286362065.693: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_PlayerSessionStart_ServerToClient: player: 0x0213000000xxxxx

(I X'ed out the last parts in case they're unique per account)

I wonder if that number is indeed unique per player character, or is it unique per account...or perhaps per type. If some people can provide theirs in a PM for me and/or Flav (if he's interested) to look at, that would be nice.

If anyone of you are familiar with Asheron's Call 2, a German dude going by Haraxx was pulling together a group of people from around the web to create an emulator for Asheron's Call 2...we were actually pretty successful, but Turbine gave us a C&D, then about a year and a half later relaunched AC2 for shits-n-gigs.

I know he, or someone on his old forums, had a program that could read those Turbine .dat files, unless you know of a good one Flav.

The one's that would most likely contain our answers are:
client_cell_1.dat
client_cell_2.dat
and maybe even patchclient.dll

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #17 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
-  the player IID is unique by account. ( it's not a incase, it's a fact as it's provided by the GLS server before you start the client...  Once the account has been validated by the GLS server )

- client_cell_1.dat is Eberron
- client_cell_2.dat is Faerun   
   they are the part of the world definition... An interesting thing would be to adapt the tools they have for AC to make world maps out of the files for DDO.
   I'm sure we would discover some interesting things. ( but I'm not good enough at coding to bother with doing that... well the only Language I'm not sucking at coding is   Assembler... and well it would to take me ages to get something done if I had the mind into it )

As far as I can tell the client_map files contains the map definition, and the client_cells files contain the textures... but I didn't dig too much into them.
the files _2 files appeared with Faerun, that what makes me think they have a split world, and that each file contains a world.

You can use the DATunpacker to get each entry in the dat files...Otherwise, the structure is the same as for the AC files... so anything that works for the AC files should work for DDO files... ( and LoTRO files )... with minimal adaptations. For the rest, there's a two year old thread called DAT file Format or something like that in The Vault General sub-forum that contains a lot of information regarding the file format.

as far as I can tell :

- client_anim : the animations ( probably in a 3DS or something similar format, I haven't looked at them )
- client_cell_1 : part of Eberron
- client cell_2 : part of Faerun
- client_map_1:  the other part of Eberron
- client_map_2 : the other part of Faerun
- client_highres : high resolution textures
- client_mesh : the walkmeshes
- client surface : the surfaces
- client_sound : sound files, in OGG format, including the OGG header.
- client_local_[englich/german/french] : the text for a lot of things... in relevant language
- client_general : general stuff
- client_gamelogic : that's where a lot of stuff is hiding...

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks for that Preface, Flav. You're right I assume it would be in client_gamelogic.

I read up on the forum too, very informative.

Unfortunately they guys who headed up the whole SourceForge Project Pyreal AC2 emulator (Haraxx and Oplock32) over on lost-company.net have disappeared. I'll try to do some digging from dudes over at SourceForge since their UAS2 Asheron's Call 1 Emulator is still up and churning.

Of course I don't think it could be a Client-Side thing, all the lines in the client logs say most of the client side actions require server side authentication.

I just wonder if there is something client side that warrants that flag...it'd be interesting to get into contact with someone over at Turbine that's privy to this...or a laid of Turbine Dev, that'd be sweet.

I'll be getting back with the boys in the CyWar lab, and ask them their input in this, I am sure the hand-shaking script that is run from the initial launch via the launcher (duh) is one of the first things that are run.

Still, might just force-entry cordovans acct...that'll be funny.

Separate question for Twitch...do each of those streams have it's own unique IP? It'd be funny to DDOS the crap out of his twitch streams just to get in his head.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Apr 28th, 2015 at 8:37pm:
It'd be funny to DDOS the crap out of his twitch streams just to get in his head.

There is nothing funny in Cordovan's head.

Please don't do things to make them paranoid.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

ICU
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

The Good The Bad The Ugly
Reply #20 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
There's nothing funny about it . The spaggity western that is there code is well that full of shit but looks great after 10 _20 years then it's a classic .

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #21 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Apr 28th, 2015 at 5:04am:
If someone already figures bout being admin, try this Wink

/create eq_accessory_ring_A
(select created ring on ground just don't pick it )

/effect add eff_tr_mutation_wear_plus10.wc
/effect add eff_tr_mutation_recharge_10day.wc
/effect add eff_tr_mutation_level_30.wc
/effect add eff_tr_mutation_max_charges_50.wc

and let's say
/effect add eff_tr_mutation_spell_staff_arcane_power_selector.wc

now this got me thinking : what the hell is this .wc extension...
and where the hell can I get it's file format.

We already know, thanks to those that dug the stuff out that the sounds contained in client_sound are mostly Vorbis OGG files stacked one after the other and that the texture files are a standard bitmap file. ( I forgot which one ). maybe there *.wc are also a standard file format in game industry with a known header...
a quick google didn't bring anything.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #22 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Apr 28th, 2015 at 8:37pm:

Of course I don't think it could be a Client-Side thing, all the lines in the client logs say most of the client side actions require server side authentication.

I just wonder if there is something client side that warrants that flag...it'd be interesting to get into contact with someone over at Turbine that's privy to this...or a laid of Turbine Dev, that'd be sweet.

Ahem...there was recently a bug where some accounts that played on Lammania were reflagged as F2P when they came back to live....

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #23 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 3:32am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 3:24am:
Ahem...there was recently a bug where some accounts that played on Lammania were reflagged as F2P when they came back to live....

Yeah, that was very interesting.  Obviously not server based.
Shame it was a downgrade, but interesting nonetheless.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #24 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 5:13am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 3:32am:
Yeah, that was very interesting.  Obviously not server based.
Shame it was a downgrade, but interesting nonetheless.

Proves that it can be altered client side....

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint