Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Server Population Check (Read 44570 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: Server Population Check
Reply #50 - May 6th, 2015 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
AllBorkedup wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 8:40am:
. Or this this Turdbines way of getting more $$ through transfers.

It all makes sense now.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - May 6th, 2015 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 8:09pm:
OK, I am waiting for a guildmate to log on so we can take a run, and he's having login problems. So I ran around the marketplace and wrote down character names, then looked them up in WHO.

Of the 50 I looked up, only 1 was anonymous, and it might be that he just logged off.

So 2% anonymous for the sample, I'd say it's safe to assume the  population is < 5% even if I had really bad luck sampling.

Anonymous people often don't socialize much so they shouldn't be on friends lists. However I assume its less than 10% of server population (as far as non-boxes).

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #52 - May 6th, 2015 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Thank you Severlin !
The population is completely fucked, thanks to the brilliant decision to spend what little resources and time they had on needless changes, ridiculous buffs and "balance pass" ( all of that fucks cooperation and grouping even more ) instead of SOME content - at least SOMETHING that kept the remaining people interested.

Hey at least we have ten new hundred page threads bitching about "balance" or xyz class every week.
Too bad there are no people playing.
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2015 at 6:05pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #53 - May 6th, 2015 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 1:54pm:

Pretty much this.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #54 - May 6th, 2015 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
OMG, new Oracle graphs, I think I just had a datagasm.

@Kobold, nothing to do with friend, guild, LFM, or chat, I ran around the Marketplace instance and wrote down the name of each character I saw, and looked to see if each showed up on WHO list. I agree with you that those lists concentrate social players and I wanted a sampling method that avoided that bias.

This method would overreport anon usage as a player could log out before I looked them up, so the only underreporting would come from sample size. 10% is way high, 2% is the best estimate and 5% is a conservative overestimate.

I also checked to make sure I didn't have a ton of low level characters because they might not yet know about anon, but my most frequent level was 28 and I only had 3 of level 5 or below.

I can't wait to get home and view this on something bigger than an iPad!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #55 - May 6th, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 1:54pm:
Thank you Severlin !
The population is completely fucked, thanks to the brilliant decision to spend what little resources and time they had on needless changes, ridiculous buffs and "balance pass" ( all of that fucks cooperation and grouping even more ) instead of SOME content - at least SOMETHING that kept the remaining people interested.

Hey at least we have ten new hundred page threads bitching about "balance" or xyz class every week.

Oh, that is a bit harsh.
You might hurt Severance's feelings.

What about that excellent LOL Heart of Madness release?    Huh
Wasn't that enough to keep players going for another year?
The replayability in that content is awesome, kinda like TOEE....

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - May 6th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 12:08am:
Interesting that U25 barely made a blip on the logins.

The lack of more logins and maintaining the increase of logins for a few days after U25 can be summed up in this video.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #57 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I'm making a go of it. They won't read it. But, I have to try.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/459875-Seriously-it-s-time-to-merge-se...

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #58 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 1:53pm:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/459875-Seriously-it-s-time-to-merge-se...

Not sure Cordo will approve of the link. It says "vault" in it.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
And the Turbine fanboy no lifer award goes to Thrudh or Turdhh and his 16k comments stopping every valid point.
Hi welcome to the mb GDIAF

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #60 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:05pm:
And the Turbine fanboy no lifer award goes to Thrudh or Turdhh and his 16k comments stopping every valid point.

Yeah, I don't even...

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #61 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I vote we all move to Wayfinder just because that would be funny. But, I honestly don't care which.

I've said that before... it would inevitably turn into me going and everybody else jumping somewhere else.  "Hey... guys?  Where is everybody?"   Grin

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:05pm:

He should get the lifetime achievement award for turbine reach arounds...

IP Logged

archon
Korthos Resident

Hugs! Not Drugs!

Reply #63 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 1:53pm:

I'd be annoyed if I have to change my name... petty I know... but it'd be just one of those things: "But why doesn't he --> have to change his name!  WHAAAA Wink"

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #64 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
archon wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 3:01pm:
I'd be annoyed if I have to change my name... petty I know... but it'd be just one of those things: "But why doesn't he --> have to change his name!  WHAAAA Wink"

DOH. Names... I forgot about names.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #65 - May 7th, 2015 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 8:09pm:
OK, I am waiting for a guildmate to log on so we can take a run, and he's having login problems. So I ran around the marketplace and wrote down character names, then looked them up in WHO.

Of the 50 I looked up, only 1 was anonymous, and it might be that he just logged off.

So 2% anonymous for the sample, I'd say it's safe to assume the  population is < 5% even if I had really bad luck sampling.

Another graduate of the Cletus Institute of Technology & Science?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #66 - May 7th, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 3:05pm:

To me, that's the way bigger technical problem than the guild stuff.  When you primary on first_name only, you've already painted yourself into the corner.  That combined with the fact that they never delete inactive accounts...

The two obvious solutions are
- Active wins over inactive.  Hasn't logged in for a year?  You're out.  Destination server toon gets priority if both are active.

- Unique on first+last...  That *shouldn't* be a problem when you set things up properly, but I can't even imagine the hoary code that's been written over the years depending on first_name only.  Optimally, you'd "just" change your table stuff, and on collisions (like mailing something to Monkeyfucker) it prompts you with "Did you mean Monkeyfucker McGee or Monkeyfucker Dingleberry?"  Obviously, we're far past that point, and it would take an insane amount of dev time to fix it properly.

Ergo, it's never gonna happen.  I'm sure they briefly discuss it in hushed tones, and then try and forget as they move on to how to provide more sources of melee power.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #67 - May 7th, 2015 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Adam Smith:
Quote:
People that advocate for server mergers just want to turn DDO into a nice big chatroom. No thanks, we do not want that at all. 8 servers is just fine and adding more would be perfectly fine as well. Lord of the Rings Online has 29 servers. So we could use 21 more in DDO.

Shocked

Grin

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #68 - May 7th, 2015 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 4:31pm:
Adam Smith:

Shocked

Grin

yeah...

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #69 - May 7th, 2015 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 4:18pm:
To me, that's the way bigger technical problem than the guild stuff.  When you primary on first_name only, you've already painted yourself into the corner.  That combined with the fact that they never delete inactive accounts...

The two obvious solutions are
- Active wins over inactive.  Hasn't logged in for a year?  You're out.  Destination server toon gets priority if both are active.

- Unique on first+last...  That *shouldn't* be a problem when you set things up properly, but I can't even imagine the hoary code that's been written over the years depending on first_name only.  Optimally, you'd "just" change your table stuff, and on collisions (like mailing something to Monkeyfucker) it prompts you with "Did you mean Monkeyfucker McGee or Monkeyfucker Dingleberry?"  Obviously, we're far past that point, and it would take an insane amount of dev time to fix it properly.

Ergo, it's never gonna happen.  I'm sure they briefly discuss it in hushed tones, and then try and forget as they move on to how to provide more sources of melee power.

good points.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #70 - May 7th, 2015 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 4:11pm:
Another graduate of the Cletus Institute of Technology & Science?

I'm always open to improving my methods, what flaws do you see in my approach, or what is a better alternative and why?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #71 - May 7th, 2015 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
well as stated in another thread : WoW lost 3 Million players after the latest 'update'... DDO lost 1000 times less than that with U25.

Sooner or later they are going to go down lower than us...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #72 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 3:05pm:

Welcome, Meathead-1.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #73 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
I want server merges just to get a chance to play with some of you guys.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Cow humper
Ex Member

Reply #74 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 6:24pm:
I want server merges just to get a chance to play with some of you guys.

One big happy family

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint