Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Server Population Check (Read 44603 times)
Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Server Population Check
Reply #75 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
It's probably a bit late for server merge.

Althou I'd like a merge even tho I'm not really playing at the moment, the game is not dying because of no groups/no people to play with, it's dying because of all the other shit that the Devs have been doing all these years.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #76 - May 7th, 2015 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 6:57pm:
It's probably a bit late for server merge.

Althou I'd like a merge even tho I'm not really playing at the moment, the game is not dying because of no groups/no people to play with, it's dying because of all the other shit that the Devs have been doing all these years.

Yeah, this.

I don't care how crowded/empty the server is, I'm not grouping under these conditions, and I would find groups at half the current server population if the current problems were addressed.

Reduce power creep and the huge gap between "average" and "good" players, make it easier to identify and get to people who have a playstyle similar to yours, and remove the penalties for player death (not penalty to the one who died, keep those) and breaking streak and you'll have much more grouping without any change in population.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #77 - May 7th, 2015 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 7:54pm:
you'll have much more grouping without any change in population.

This isn't even possible. How many groups can you possibly have with 350 measly people online?! It's silly sauce.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #78 - May 7th, 2015 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 8:44pm:
This isn't even possible. How many groups can you possibly have with 350 measly people online?! It's silly sauce.

58.33333 just to head off that obvious reaponse.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #79 - May 7th, 2015 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 8:45pm:
58.33333 just to head off that obvious reaponse.

+3 anonymous groups.   Grin

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #80 - May 7th, 2015 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
How about 29-116 for an asshole response.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

CaptainObvious
Korthos Resident

I may not know what I'm
talking about

Reply #81 - May 7th, 2015 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Interesting to see that with all of these people calling for a server merge, they don't consider what it could do to the server other than just adding more players. Lets say a server were to close and the players forcibly placed onto another, and the increase in traffic were to create massive lag. Turbine would then have another Ghallanda, and one less server. Even if they had kept the previous server, they could not transfer the new players back to their old server as they have had problems with this for some reason, and all transfers seem to be a one way. Transferring a character will not transfer Astral Shards, Vanity pets, TR Cache, and Auction/Mail. Losing these you can probably understand why people could get mad, on top of not being able to play with the lag. It seems like a worse case scenario, but just making Orien the default server created a fair amount of lag: 
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/459305-Orion-Lagtastic#post5598188

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #82 - May 8th, 2015 at 12:02am
Print Post  
So, your claim is that their servers can't handle more than about 500-600 people without massive lag.

DDO is no longer an MMO. It's just an MO.

IP Logged

CaptainObvious
Korthos Resident

I may not know what I'm
talking about

Reply #83 - May 8th, 2015 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 8th, 2015 at 12:02am:
So, your claim is that their servers can't handle more than about 500-600 people without massive lag.

Aye, if a server merge does happen, hopefully they've upgraded the hardware and fixed some more instance issues beforehand.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #84 - May 8th, 2015 at 12:32am
Print Post  
DDO is no longer an MMO. It's just an MO.

This MO's MO makes the PCs PO, with the OP BB, MP and PRR.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #85 - May 8th, 2015 at 12:33am
Print Post  
CaptainObvious wrote on May 8th, 2015 at 12:13am:
Aye, if a server merge does happen, hopefully they've upgraded the hardware and fixed some more instance issues beforehand.

I hope I'm not the only one who reads your posts in a pirate voice.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #86 - May 8th, 2015 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on May 8th, 2015 at 12:33am:
I hope I'm not the only one who reads your posts in a pirate voice.

I sure as hell do. Argh!

Fuck Off, That is all

Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #87 - May 8th, 2015 at 1:55am
Print Post  

According to the information provided all along by both Turbine and Codemasters...

a DDO server can't handle ( without generating lag )
- more than 50/60sh poeple in a given public instance... yup compare that to the 24+ summons + mob from Maban and you understand why it was a lag-clusterfuck-fest )
- more than 2000-3000 people on a given server.

people whine for a merge because they see public instances empty... It's mainly caused by the number of public instances...
if we went back to the Eberron instances only ( get rid of all the Faerun one ) or moved everybody to the Faerun ones ( get rid of Eberron ) we would see that there's a decent amount of people in each instances... The issue is that many public instances have spread the population all over the place... thinly.
( that's probably also one of the reason why we don't have a Homlet public instance... )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - May 8th, 2015 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 8th, 2015 at 1:55am:
According to the information provided all along by both Turbine and Codemasters...

- more than 50/60sh poeple in a given public instance... yup compare that to the 24+ summons + mob from Maban and you understand why it was a lag-clusterfuck-fest )

people whine for a merge because they see public instances empty... It's mainly caused by the number of public instances...
if we went back to the Eberron instances only ( get rid of all the Faerun one ) or moved everybody to the Faerun ones ( get rid of Eberron ) we would see that there's a decent amount of people in each instances... The issue is that many public instances have spread the population all over the place... thinly.
( that's probably also one of the reason why we don't have a Homlet public instance... )

Was the above always true? Didn't this game have more players than the above at some point in time?

I decided to TR one of my characters. Playing him through 1-20, there's almost never an lfm in my level range. When I've posted them, I sometimes get one or two people joining, but more often no one. Admittedly, I'm playing roughly opposite to American time - and there are a fair amount of lfms for epic level quests. So maybe you're right.

Is it not possible to build some kind of bridge between servers? Or combine their computing power into one larger server?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #89 - May 8th, 2015 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on May 8th, 2015 at 2:11am:
Is it not possible to build some kind of bridge between servers? Or combine their computing power into one larger server?

For who? NcSoft? Blizzard? Retarded monkeys?

« Last Edit: May 8th, 2015 at 2:18am by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #90 - May 8th, 2015 at 2:30am
Print Post  
I don't see an easy solution here.

Yes. I would like a server merge but I also don't want problems with names, guilds, shards, pets, etc.

I agree with some that the game had many more players but no lag in the past. But its Turdbin.

I am also not sure about the capacity of Turdbin to handle this.

IP Logged

SmokeMonster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - May 8th, 2015 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Maybe if they gave everyone some TOEE mats when they server merge it will ease the tensions...

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #92 - May 8th, 2015 at 11:30am
Print Post  

You pulling this so called information from cordos asshole or what ? Whether you have more player on one server at once or not, there will always be lagg. We have clearly seen that the population by itself has nothing to do with lagg. Only horrible coded quests or events aka deathwyrm, mabar and co are the cause. Your fluffy excuses that a server can't handle x from y people are laughable at best. Sometimes i wonder if you even play this game flav, because you pretty much do a good job at talking shit. You should apply at turbine hq, even cordovan won't stand a change against you.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2015 at 11:35am by »  

IP Logged

CaptainObvious
Korthos Resident

I may not know what I'm
talking about

Reply #93 - May 8th, 2015 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on May 8th, 2015 at 2:30am:
I agree with some that the game had many more players but no lag in the past.

With every feature implemented, it is another possible conflict with something already implemented into the game. We didn't have champions, all the enhancement trees/destiny trees, Forgotten Realms, etc. Any time one of these are called upon, because DDO is so inter-weaved, it has the chance to clash with something else. Giving more chances to be possible.   

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #94 - May 8th, 2015 at 1:30pm
Print Post  

I think people whine for a server merge because they see a relatively low (compared to other MMORPGs owned by major companies such as WB, even if the developers are not a huge team) amount of LFMs up.

I honestly don't even pay attention at how many people sorround me when I'm in a public instance, they're all just a path to my airship really.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #95 - May 8th, 2015 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You pulling this so called information from cordos asshole or what ? Whether you have more player on one server at once or not, there will always be lagg. We have clearly seen that the population by itself has nothing to do with lagg. Only horrible coded quests or events aka deathwyrm, mabar and co are the cause. Your fluffy excuses that a server can't handle x from y people are laughable at best. Sometimes i wonder if you even play this game flav, because you pretty much do a good job at talking shit. You should apply at turbine hq, even cordovan won't stand a change against you.

Oh I got the attehtion of Teh_Fake.

I pull the information, from 9 years of official forums reading... sometime people let slip pearls of wisdom.

The lag is tied to the population, but there's also your computer lag, your ISP lag, the Tier 2/1 carrier genrated lag, then there's the PNAP lag...

The point is that I was talking about server generated lag. When talking about lag with me you need to follow the topic, as I separate the various lag sources.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #96 - May 8th, 2015 at 2:09pm
Print Post  

logic and reason have no place here.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #97 - May 8th, 2015 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 8th, 2015 at 1:56pm:
Oh I got the attehtion of Teh_Fake.

I pull the information, from 9 years of official forums reading... sometime people let slip pearls of wisdom.

The lag is tied to the population, but there's also your computer lag,your ISP lag, the Tier 2/1 carrier genrated lag, then there's the PNAP lag...

The point is that I was talking about server generated lag. When talking about lag with me you need to follow the topic, as I separate the various lag sources.

LOOOOL ! You just sound like turbine. Gratz !

IP Logged

Cow humper
Ex Member

Reply #98 - May 8th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
LOOOOL ! You just sound like turbine. Gratz !

And you sound like gay and retarded. Gratz!

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #99 - May 8th, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And you sound like gay and retarded. Gratz!

What does it take to make you shut the fuck up, you son of a bitch ?         Start playing the game before you act like complete dumb truck.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2015 at 3:56pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint