Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) "Compare that to world of warcraft I dare ya" (Read 14246 times)
palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Re: "Compare that to world of warcraft I dare ya"
Reply #25 - May 7th, 2015 at 9:23am
Print Post  
I tell you what, I took a year and a half off and just got back into this game a month or so, just playing occasionally (may be 4-5 hours per week). I have been soloing everything I can, just visiting the old game quests; I am about to hit level 17 and now I am starting to look up and I notice, no one is around....I am on Thelanis. I pop into meridia...nothing, I tele over to amrath....not one person. I look up to see if there is another instance...nothing. I go check the social panel and then check for raids for my level.....Nothing.

I myself have a HUGE curve to catch up on, but unless I am in a guild that is active, I have no clue what im gonna do when I get to EPICS.

DDO seems lost now IMHO. All the changes originally is what led me to leave, but now it feels like there is no one really to play run with.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #26 - May 7th, 2015 at 9:59am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:08am:
And the constant system changes invalidate those guides too.

There have been lots of changes to mob behaviour, toon development and combat systems to make it a moving feast.

Pants Shitter wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 7:02am:
The point being, is it takes me and a team of vets about 2 months to train a newb to competence and get them through their first life. That might be why you're not getting the help you need. It is a very fucking steep learning curve for a video game when a proper tutorial takes the equivalent of a semester of a college level course to figure out.

palmer01 wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 9:23am:
DDO seems lost now IMHO. All the changes originally is what led me to leave, but now it feels like there is no one really to play run with.

A new casual player can jump into the game, hunt and peck around Korthos for a few days on Normal or Casual, and make it to Harbor without much if any study or effort, but once they get to Harbor or Market and start running with more experienced players who have perfect foreknowledge of the quests as well as well considered gear on their characters, the new player becomes aware of the significant performance gap.

If they take the time to study and learn how to close this gap, they are rewarded by Vargina and Severance using a bulldozer to implement new systems when a little finesse of the old environment would have been sufficient.

It's frustrating as hell for many people who may not want to be the best players, but would like to get more than 10% of the kills in a two person group.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #27 - May 7th, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have never seen anyone help a fellow player ingame. Are you sure you are playing the same game ?

Well that explains a lot  Roll Eyes Probably playing alone or with people like yourself.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 7th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Lemming wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 10:07am:
Well that explains a lot  Roll Eyes Probably playing alone or with people like yourself.

he could just be the pivot boy

sorry. no appropriate pics for that comment

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #29 - May 7th, 2015 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have never seen anyone help a fellow player ingame. Are you sure you are playing the same game ?

That will be because:
A: You are an arsehole.

B: You have no friends.

C: because of point A, it follows you are a member of a shitty guild with other arseholes.

D: You will always be an arsehole.

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #30 - May 7th, 2015 at 11:28am
Print Post  
merciless wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 11:27am:
That will be because:

C: because of point A, it follows you are a member of a shitty guild with other arseholes.

D: You will always be an arsehole.

tyvm. You can come visit Thelanis anytime  Cheesy.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #31 - May 7th, 2015 at 11:39am
Print Post  
I would say:

A: You are a troll.

B: Trolls have no nipples.

C: Because of point B, it follows you are incapable of providing new players a tit with which they can suckle upon.

D: New players, fucking LOL.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 11:39am by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #32 - May 7th, 2015 at 11:40am
Print Post  
but unless I am in a guild that is active, I have no clue what im gonna do when I get to EPICS.

If you're a new returning player, getting an active guild is essential IMO. You would be surprised how many masochists veterans keep many characters at low levels to run content of that level with newbies or guildies. Of course, the last time those players actually had a reason (specific loot for example) to run said content was 6 years ago or so.

merciless wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 11:27am:
That will be because:

Teh_Fake is just lying. The majority of the population in Thelanis may be retarded but gotta admit people help eachother quite often, probably because everyone is bored to death.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 11:40am by Sasha »  

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #33 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 11:40am:
If you're a new returning player, getting an active guild is essential IMO.

I hear ya, just mulling through whether and/or which "wonderful" guild i "need or want" to join in order to update my skillz, aka gimp retarded ass finger flexing button mashing, for Epic content.

Outside of that, I dont see massive (or for that manner) any large PUG raids, that used to be the norm on Thelanis. This place is a ghost town.

Sans a guild, I am content with having and being forced to learn epics on my own. I am sure over time I will be able to handle epic normal and hards. Time will tell all though.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 12:29pm:
I hear ya, just mulling through whether and/or which "wonderful" guild i "need or want" to join in order to update my skillz, aka gimp retarded ass finger flexing button mashing, for Epic content.

Outside of that, I dont see massive (or for that manner) any large PUG raids, that used to be the norm on Thelanis. This place is a ghost town.

Sans a guild, I am content with having and being forced to learn epics on my own. I am sure over time I will be able to handle epic normal and hards. Time will tell all though.

The only things ran on thelanis are von 3, wiz king, spies and von 5/6.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #35 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:

WOW - thanks for giving out the "short short" list. Now im gonna check out all the epic stuff and how those 5 quests translate to be the only worthy quests for epic/cap play.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #36 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:26pm
Print Post  

Yes.

It's better at peak times. But, it's not enough better.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #37 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Too much retarded and less brain here. I am done.

Quote:

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #38 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Quote:
tyvm. You can come visit Thelanis anytime  Cheesy.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #39 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #40 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
I tell you what, I took a year and a half off and just got back into this game a month or so, just playing occasionally (may be 4-5 hours per week). I have been soloing everything I can, just visiting the old game quests; I am about to hit level 17 and now I am starting to look up and I notice, no one is around....I am on Thelanis. I pop into meridia...nothing, I tele over to amrath....not one person. I look up to see if there is another instance...nothing. I go check the social panel and then check for raids for my level.....Nothing.

I myself have a HUGE curve to catch up on, but unless I am in a guild that is active, I have no clue what im gonna do when I get to EPICS.

You need to get to Forgotten Realms. There are quests in that range over there and Eveningstar is always busy enough. Amrath is dead because it was always shit and now people don't need the crap XP or the outdated gear.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:34pm:
You need to get to Forgotten Realms. There are quests in that range over there and Eveningstar is always busy enough. Amrath is dead because it was always shit and now people don't need the crap XP or the outdated gear.

Xp and gear, You hit the nail on the head.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #42 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:34pm:

Maybe therein lies my problem. I haven't quite explored everything yet and still visiting the old haunts. I was just running the meridia to get my access to the shroud and was gonna run amrath to be raid ready as well. To be honest, I never really cared for the gear out of amrath anyway. I keep hearing thunderforge, etc etc. SO seriously have to sit down this weekend and take a look at what I really want and review some of the "newer" quests available.

Im gonna have to do it sooner rather then later because im nearing level 20

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #43 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:39pm:
Maybe therein lies my problem. I haven't quite explored everything yet and still visiting the old haunts. I was just running the meridia to get my access to the shroud and was gonna run amrath to be raid ready as well. To be honest, I never really cared for the gear out of amrath anyway. I keep hearing thunderforge, etc etc. SO seriously have to sit down this weekend and take a look at what I really want and review some of the "newer" quests available.

I still like Amrath. There's been talk of Epicifying it forever. I hope they do. ToD is still a fun raid imo.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #44 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:44pm:
I still like Amrath. There's been talk of Epicifying it forever. I hope they do. ToD is still a fun raid imo.

It's on the docket, but it's supposed to be all new quests.  I'm cool if they use the same (or similar) areas for the quests, since they're some of my favourites, visually.  I also freakin' LOVE fighting devils and demons.

Maybe we'll get to find out what that Mad Archon in the cave is all about.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #45 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
well since im running a new toon, i will still get raid ready and get the boots and get shroud ready as well. but from what you guys r telling me there is no need to grind it out anymore for the gear is obsolete until epicfied

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #46 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:57pm:
well since im running a new toon, i will still get raid ready and get the boots and get shroud ready as well. but from what you guys r telling me there is no need to grind it out anymore for the gear is obsolete until epicfied

Hey. Bauble is nice even though that's not a flag quest.

The gear is pretty much lame at this point. It had some niche uses even up till a few months back. Now, I think even that is gone.

Stuff that MIGHT be useful still:

Holy Burst rings for monks
Ranged Set for stacking ranged alacrity?

I doubt the sets are useful given that it will take up two slots.

Is there anything else?

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #47 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:44pm:

On my last life I pugged amrath with one other guy when I was 20 or 21 and fully destinied because we were bored and wanted yugo pots. It was a little sad really....once upon a time you would run those quests and basically be shit scared the whole time....now it is oneshotting everything.... still always will love the devil death animation though

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #48 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
DOH, Yugo pots. Forgot about those. They're still useful!

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #49 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:39pm:

There used to be impossible demands and rusted blades, but the nerf hammer goth both of them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint