Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Vageuille really really want's us to like Warlocks (Read 3409 times)
Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Vageuille really really want's us to like Warlocks
May 17th, 2015 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Nothing like a couple of dozen posts defending "what we are still working on" to show how it's already been decided how it's going to go.

Vage is practically frothing at the mouth trying to convince everyone how open they are to input, while at the same time pointing out how what they have is already "great".

Honestly? I'm not sure if he is on Severance_pay's shit list or reward list. All I know is that Sev found out that he was way to thin skinned to have a back and forth with dirty gamers, they quoted him, oh the horror to be quoted.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Vageuille really really want's us to like Warlocks
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Severance_Pay is using Varg as his shield maiden or is it more like his red shirt?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #2 - May 17th, 2015 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 17th, 2015 at 8:03pm:
red shirt

He better be a Scotsman or he is fucked.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2015 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 17th, 2015 at 8:03pm:
Severance_Pay is using Varg as his shield maiden or is it more like his red shirt?

That was my take-away as well.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2015 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
You know, sometimes I think they don't pay the devs enough considering the amount of insults and hate they have to put through when answering on the forum.....but then I think that they practically don't do a single fuck when coding this game and everything seems right all of sudden

Magical Roll Eyes

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2015 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on May 17th, 2015 at 9:07pm:

glad you got the reference.   Wink

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2015 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on May 17th, 2015 at 9:41pm:
You know, sometimes I think they don't pay the devs enough considering the amount of insults and hate they have to put through when answering on the forum.....but then I think that they practically don't do a single fuck when coding this game and everything seems right all of sudden

Magical Roll Eyes

How much do you think they get paid?

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2015 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on May 17th, 2015 at 11:28pm:
How much do you think they get paid?

Probably a bag of peanuts a month.
Severance_Pay probably gets a few bananas thrown into his package.
Grin

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #8 - May 18th, 2015 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Honestly, what did he expect? He is on a fine balance point right now. He could change how many players look and feel about DDO, all with this class.
In the past they have ignored large amounts of player feedback and rendered it useless. If he listens, and some changes are actually made, the players will go ape shit over having some feeling of control and importance in the game.

I am more interested in the outcome of this whole project. Releasing some information and talking about it before it is on lama to the public forum goers. He could revolutionize the players outlook on the devs and the game. With past experience and how this was all presented, he could very well make the forumites more sour, grumpy and resentful then they currently are. I cannot wait to see the end result.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #9 - May 18th, 2015 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 18th, 2015 at 5:28am:
Honestly, what did he expect? He is on a fine balance point right now. He could change how many players look and feel about DDO, all with this class.
In the past they have ignored large amounts of player feedback and rendered it useless. If he listens, and some changes are actually made, the players will go ape shit over having some feeling of control and importance in the game.

I am more interested in the outcome of this whole project. Releasing some information and talking about it before it is on lama to the public forum goers. He could revolutionize the players outlook on the devs and the game. With past experience and how this was all presented, he could very well make the forumites more sour, grumpy and resentful then they currently are. I cannot wait to see the end result.

I'm going with Option B.
They're putting it out there, but no-one is listening.
You need to view this then the lens of a Turdbine Dev.
Customers are stupid saps to be milked dry, players are idiots who don't know the game like the devs do, and devs are geniuses.
Once we realise this paradigm, it all becomes clear.   Undecided

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - May 18th, 2015 at 6:51am
Print Post  
From experience, what Varg posted was posted in the PC forum last Monday and went through a lot of flak, but some PC members were happy with it.
So they just steamrolled it to the public forums to see how it was going to be received... As from what I can read they have mostly finished the class and are at the tweaking stage.

Things that can be changed at that point : spells, some powers in the enhancements.... All the rest is pretty much set in stone.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #11 - May 18th, 2015 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 18th, 2015 at 6:51am:
From experience, what Varg posted was posted in the PC forum last Monday and went through a lot of flak, but some PC members were happy with it.
So they just steamrolled it to the public forums to see how it was going to be received... As from what I can read they have mostly finished the class and are at the tweaking stage.

Things that can be changed at that point : spells, some powers in the enhancements.... All the rest is pretty much set in stone.

I honestly don't understand this approach.
Why put it out there when it is already too late to take on feedback?
Sure it's disingenuous, but that's hardly unusual on the interwebz.

It's more the own goals they continue to kick by doing it.
There are some very valid points coming up and they unable and unwilling to address any of them.
Do they really believe that these first pass ideas are going to be received to record acclaim?
From an outsider's perspective, it just seems like a really dumb way to approach this.

IP Logged

Perpetual_Noob
Korthos Resident

Too much noise, not enough
violence!

Reply #12 - May 18th, 2015 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on May 17th, 2015 at 7:55pm:
Nothing like a couple of dozen posts defending "what we are still working on" to show how it's already been decided how it's going to go.

Vage is practically frothing at the mouth trying to convince everyone how open they are to input, while at the same time pointing out how what they have is already "great".

Honestly? I'm not sure if he is on Severance_pay's shit list or reward list. All I know is that Sev found out that he was way to thin skinned to have a back and forth with dirty gamers, they quoted him, oh the horror to be quoted.

Heh, wait 'til they post the Enhancement tree write ups. Their Insa-kill/caster tree has a bunch of quasi-Druid summoning enhancements, another tree that's mostly a support/healer thingy, and their anticipated Melee tree's primary ability shares a cool down with Cleave... /facepalmery all around.

I'm right, you're wrong. 'Nuff said.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint