Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Jerry the Banner (Read 56294 times)
Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Re: Jerry the Banner
Reply #125 - May 23rd, 2015 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 5:21pm:
Looking at them as they are right now...

- Reply button points to Munk... except in one post he didn't have it
- Memberid is pointing to Jerry & Munk, as I found both
- Offline/ Online thing is saying that it can't be Munk.

All we know is that the html-pages have been edited by an amateur, who wasn't able to consistently frame Munk, if that was his intention. Unless that's what he wants us to think, and it was Munk all along. (but really.. I think it was just a really sloppy edit job)

I don't know the PC members well enough to make any kind of guess as to who it could be, so if Sasha knows, I'm curious.

Monks much better at it than an amature.. i took a screenshot of my router page, and he was able to do his magic in like.. 2 seconds.. (hope hes still not got that image.. #pron Cheesy)

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #126 - May 23rd, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
3 accounts: DDO Transparency, Munk, Vault Troll.

• I'm going to rule out Munk being a Strake sock, and Vault Troll being a Munk sock. DDO T could conceivably be a sock of either, but three players seems to make more sense.
  • Definitely a sock of someone who has access to PC, or access to leaks. So whose is it?
  • Why did Munk get banned as soon as DDO T leaked, but before Vault Troll leaked? The "incriminating" evidence was in the Vault Troll leaks.
  • No malice needed. Whoever is behind DDO T could have simply seen Turbine's trigger-happy ban, and hastily modified the files he was sending to Strake, so as to appear "case closed."
  • This doesn't rule out malice.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #127 - May 23rd, 2015 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 8:03pm:

• I'm going to rule out Munk being a Strake sock, and Vault Troll being a Munk sock. DDO T could conceivably be a sock of either, but three players seems to make more sense.
  • Definitely a sock of someone who has access to PC, or access to leaks. So whose is it?
  • Why did Munk get banned as soon as DDO T leaked, but before Vault Troll leaked? The "incriminating" evidence was in the Vault Troll leaks.
  • No malice needed. Whoever is behind DDO T could have simply seen Turbine's trigger-happy ban, and hastily modified the files he was sending to Strake, so as to appear "case closed."

You're taking notes again, aren't you?

Be honest.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #128 - May 23rd, 2015 at 9:55pm
Print Post  

The official abbreviation for DDO Transparency is DDO TP. Because, TP.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #129 - May 23rd, 2015 at 11:45pm
Print Post  

Vault Troll is the sock off of Strake's left foot.  Not the right, it was stained and has since been banned.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #130 - May 24th, 2015 at 12:14am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 12:37pm:
Here's how it appears to me:
"Someone" was in the PC after agreeing to the NDA. 
"Someone" broke their word.

Yes, agree with your facts up to this point.
How did you then make the connection to Munk?
If you had the read the threads, it is anything but clear.  There are conflicting facts. 
There is not enough evidence to either endict or clear him.
I guess if more come out, we know it definitely wasn't Munk.

Just surprised that your view is so black and white on this issue.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #131 - May 24th, 2015 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Strake and Munk know, and maybe somebody else.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - May 24th, 2015 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 12:23am:
Strake and Munk know, and maybe somebody else.

I figured it out after reading all those leak threads listed. Sasha gave all the clues to narrow it down and figure it out who. Also, somebody else did give a hint, but I'm too lazy to go back to page 2 or 3 I think and see who wrote that post.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #133 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:14am
Print Post  
I know who the Vault Troll sock is... well PM epoch for details... he knows, Arkat knows also... and all the old ( 3 years+ ) Vaulties probably knows too.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #134 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:37am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 1:48am:
I think Jerry did the right thing. 

Munk agreed to the NDA then broke it out wide open.  Deliberatly, intentionally, wilfully. 
NDA = non disclosure agreement.  It's something based on your word that you agreed to.  And you forfeited your word.  You now stand as a man without honour.  A liar. 

I despise liars.  I have no trust in what they say.  I put them in the same category of people as journalists, politicians and lawyers.  Scum.

FACT RANT

Factually speaking, when someone lies in one context it does not mean they are going to lie in another. People are not universally truthful. People are (generally) truthful in the manner that servers them.

Confirmation bias is a major problem in the sciences. Sectarian bias leads someone into assuming truth from which they have no experience.

Intentional lies (in the case of an NDA) mean that the liar did not respect the institution the NDA was protecting. There are various whistleblower scenarios in corporations: all of those people "lied" on their NDAs.

While breaking turbine's NDA might be (morally) wrong in this case, I don't think that the decision has any harm to other people when you do break it.

If a lawyer lies to protect someone he believes to be a murderer, he is valuing money over a potential threat to society. There is harm in this scenario.

If a vaultie leaked NDA info, they forwent any personal benefit of that info (for playing, or selling optics etc). Maybe turbine has some genuine detriment in sharing development info.

« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 8:38am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 8:37am:
they forwent any personal benefit of that info

I will use this as an example of my charitable and selfless behavior when I disseminate exploits.   Grin

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #136 - May 24th, 2015 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 6:55pm:
Monks much better at it than an amature.. i took a screenshot of my router page, and he was able to do his magic in like.. 2 seconds.. (hope hes still not got that image.. #pron Cheesy)

They would have saved themselves a whole lot of trouble by saving the pages as (edited) images or pdf instead of html... that way there would have been a lot less of evidence for us to find. Not saying this hasn't been fun, just saying you could have hidden the culprit's identity properly, or hung him out to dry for us to laugh at.. instead you did a shitty edit job with a lot of mistakes in it.

Oh, hell yeah I'm picking on the person doing it. I'm far from impressed.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #137 - May 24th, 2015 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
So Munk... when do we get to see the letter Jerry sent you after the boot?

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - May 24th, 2015 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
what I want to know is why the fuck are they still talking about 10k stars and many shots after 10 fucking years that they have worked the same goddamn way.
- then were altered to be on the same timer - then who the fuck knows.

Top reason I stopped or sporadically play this goddamn game anyways is the fact that they couldn't even fix the goddamn ladder bugs after 10 years, the fact they break it every update a little more,
And that the graphics utterly and entirely suck - Not to mention that they don't really support 4k at all.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - May 24th, 2015 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
My email was very bland.

"Not the right fit. Thanks anyway. Keep on truckin'.

I wasnt worthy of anything beyond a template despite all my time in ML.

Would have been nice knowing up front how little ML mattered. At first I thought I was there to help. But that hadnt happened in a very long time.

Even bug reports would be ignored.

As for this drama, its really not going to change anything. And is anyone surprised that 90% of the posts are from morons while the smart people get ignored?

Devs need to create their own content to pad their resumes. Not going to look good if they never did anything beyond listening to a committee.

Anyhow, thread needs more drama.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 6:31pm by HairyO »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
They can shove their bannable offenses straight in the weasel stick hole.  These are not even NDA worthy notes.  It's not their code or admin shortcuts or some crap.  Just a bunch of gibber jabber over a +11 here or a +12 there.

The time and energy they spend on policing this is embarrassing.  This is also why you can't half allow people in like a council.  Either allow all to see or just keep it in house.  Amateurs.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
As a bit of an aside, its interesting that half of the PC couldnt be bothered posting even once in dozens and dozens of threads.

That alone should see them booted.

IP Logged

taco
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 9:55pm:
As a bit of an aside, its interesting that half of the PC couldnt be bothered posting even once in dozens and dozens of threads.

I'd rather people that don't play certain classes and whatnot not comment on them TBH, the moneyshot thread was really bad for that kinda thing.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #143 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:42am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 9:55pm:

That's something we mentioned during the debrief last year... Some of the PC members barely posted at all.
Last year I can remember 3/4 just lurked.

taco wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:12pm:
I'd rather people that don't play certain classes and whatnot not comment on them TBH, the moneyshot thread was really bad for that kinda thing.

Yeah, but over all the leaked thread they should have had a post... As I pointed last year when I was attacked on the topic, I stayed far away from the class threads where I didn't have anything (semi) useful to say. But it didn't stop me to post on other generic thread ( the One Bug thread, the Feedback Thread and the What's up with PC thread are a dead giveway that a good portion of the 2015 PC is just there to have snippets of information before the unwashed mass and nothing more.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Yeah you would think there is at least new thing they would have an opinion on.

They didnt need 12,000 posts like angelus_dead but something would be good.

I laughed at the mention of an IRC channel. There was one in ML which was active. Quite a lot of on topic discussions but mostly it was all the friends chatting to eachother.

I was surprised at how many on ML not only knew eachother but were in the same guilds.

Then again its a small game so maybe its hard to get a bunch of independent thinkers.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #145 - May 25th, 2015 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 2:42am:
That's something we mentioned during the debrief last year... Some of the PC members barely posted at all.
Last year I can remember 3/4 just lurked.

Yeah, but over all the leaked thread they should have had a post... As I pointed last year when I was attacked on the topic, I stayed far away from the class threads where I didn't have anything (semi) useful to say. But it didn't stop me to post on other generic thread ( the One Bug thread, the Feedback Thread and the What's up with PC thread are a dead giveway that a good portion of the 2015 PC is just there to have snippets of information before the unwashed mass and nothing more.

It is possible that some have left the game and couldn't care less about the PC, it speaks volumes that they couldn't withdraw and let someone else in.
Same for the non-posters - how friggin lazy do you need to be to not even make an occasional post just for appearances sake?
Pretty ordinary given you need to apply and accept (if nominated).

If Cordo was remotely organised, he'd give people 3 months to contribute and then remove them.  If they're no contributing then it defeats the purpose of a focus group.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #146 - May 25th, 2015 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 9:15pm:
You're taking notes again, aren't you?

Be honest.

Yes.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #147 - May 25th, 2015 at 9:09am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 9:16pm:
They can shove their bannable offenses straight in the weasel stick hole.  These are not even NDA worthy notes.  It's not their code or admin shortcuts or some crap.  Just a bunch of gibber jabber over a +11 here or a +12 there.

The time and energy they spend on policing this is embarrassing.  This is also why you can't half allow people in like a council.  Either allow all to see or just keep it in house.  Amateurs.

Absolutely correct. Many games have public bug sections.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #148 - May 25th, 2015 at 9:13am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 3:34am:
If they're no contributing then it defeats the purpose of a focus group.

Not if the focus group is in name only and many of the threads go unread...

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #149 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 5:43pm:
So Munk... when do we get to see the letter Jerry sent you after the boot?

Dissss

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint