Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Lamannia...with Warlocks... (Read 28382 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Lamannia...with Warlocks...
Reply #25 - May 30th, 2015 at 5:35am
Print Post  
volt_ wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 4:05am:
Warlock will be anywhere from good to overpowered.  Here's some math:

Sorcerer with chain lightning or DBF in draconic:
29d6 = 101.5 base damage

Eldritch blast in shiradi:
13d6 base
14d4 pact
3d6 light
~20 shiradi
=116 base damage

The base damage is roughly the same.  Of course, the sorc has higher spellpower with metas and takes full spellpower bonus (eldritch chain takes 75%).  But the eldritch chain procs way faster (~%50 faster) does 60% more crit damage and most of the damage can't be saved. 

Eldritch blast is like having a chain lightning repeating crossbow ;x

except missiles fire more and faster

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 30th, 2015 at 6:08am
Print Post  
volt_ wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 4:05am:
Warlock will be anywhere from good to overpowered.  Here's some math:

Sorcerer with chain lightning or DBF in draconic:
29d6 = 101.5 base damage

Eldritch blast in shiradi:
13d6 base
14d4 pact
3d6 light
~20 shiradi
=116 base damage

The base damage is roughly the same.  Of course, the sorc has higher spellpower with metas and takes full spellpower bonus (eldritch chain takes 75%).  But the eldritch chain procs way faster (~%50 faster) does 60% more crit damage and most of the damage can't be saved. 

Eldritch blast is like having a chain lightning repeating crossbow ;x

You're fucking high.

Go on Lamma and play, then tell me those slow blasts are anything like a chain-lighting.  It's possible to out run your own blast.

And btw chain lightening in epic is your reference point? uninstall the game retard.

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 6:09am by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #27 - May 30th, 2015 at 6:15am
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 6:08am:
You're fucking high.

Go on Lamma and play, then tell me those slow blasts are anything like a chain-lighting.  It's possible to out run your own blast.

And btw chain lightening in epic is your reference point? uninstall the game retard.

Chain light on mass held mob actually does extremely good dps when burst is on cd, people unable to realize that have appereantly never played a maxed out air savant.

Have to see with my own eyes how and if arcane alatricity plife and evoc cd twist from magister affect blasts before i have a clear opinion about warlock.

IN case both work out, and knowing how stacking system is in ddo, that should be 26.5% faster firing of blasts. Will try when i get will to log to lamma.

Also that dude that complained about warlock hp at 20.
If i was varq i would respond the same way he did.
It just doesnt make any sense to argue with idiots, so better to send replies like that and make the tard give up on sending tells.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 6:17am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 30th, 2015 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 6:15am:
It just doesnt make any sense to argue with idiots

Between your inability to spell, even with active spell checker, your "insight" about the rare air savant, and then admitting you haven't even been on Lama yet?

Yup, so it's better not to argue with you.

That being the case I will just direct you:

Go post some more of your ignorant motherboard posts there you stupid clam, you're too dumb to even try to post here where Cordo is not around to protect you.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 7:12am by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #29 - May 30th, 2015 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on May 29th, 2015 at 11:11pm:
It doesn't bother me so much that you don't have a con bonus or seem to know how to get your hp up, but it bothers me that Varg couldn't think to ask you "what's your con? Are you using any hp items?"

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, Varg!

His comments sound like he only knows this game through what players tell him. That's kind of unsettling.

Started with a base of 16 con, took the two con in enlightened spirit and toughness. I didn't equip any form of HP or con item to prove my point. If I equiped that, had my actual past lives, etc. I'd be at a good 700hp estimation before epic destinies. I just wanted to show them that they need to buff the MELEE tree a bit, otherwise everyone will burst like a baloon with a hit or two.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - May 30th, 2015 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 7:21am:
Started with a base of 16 con, took the two con in enlightened spirit and toughness. I didn't equip any form of HP or con item to prove my point. If I equiped that, had my actual past lives, etc. I'd be at a good 700hp estimation before epic destinies. I just wanted to show them that they need to buff the MELEE tree a bit, otherwise everyone will burst like a baloon with a hit or two.

Was your point that a Characther with no gear has low hp? Because if so, your point was proven.

If you had any other point, the only thing that you proved is that you cannot build a character. Seriously, complaining about 260 with NO hp or con item? You must be kidding us. 700 HP before Epic destinies and before Past lives with Medium armor, it doesn't sound bad at all.

Pro tip: wear a con item next time.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 7:27am by Shuy »  

IP Logged

Chi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 30th, 2015 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 7:21am:
Started with a base of 16 con, took the two con in enlightened spirit and toughness.

There's supposed to be +20HP in one of the cores when wearing medium armor. As usual with Turbine, it doesn't look like it is working, unless it's a toggled enhancement (didn't bother trying that).

Not equipping usual items and ship buffs made your point easily dismissed - any first lifer can get GFL and +6 Con by level 20 with no effort. The problem of HP is not much different than with pure Rogues.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #32 - May 30th, 2015 at 7:55am
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 7:11am:
Between your inability to spell, even with active spell checker, your "insight" about the rare air savant, and then admitting you haven't even been on Lama yet?

Yup, so it's better not to argue with you.

That being the case I will just direct you:

Go post some more of your ignorant motherboard posts there you stupid clam, you're too dumb to even try to post here where Cordo is not around to protect you.

Huh?
Me not being a native english speaker and not giving a fk about spelling has nothing to do with my game knowledge.
The rare air savant is strong, very strong and your inability to know how useful chain ligh is in epic elites is what makes me sad.
But again, why bother with idiots is what i will ask myself and wont continue talking with a clown such as yourself

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #33 - May 30th, 2015 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 7:55am:
Huh?
Me not being a native english speaker and not giving a fk about spelling has nothing to do with my game knowledge.
The rare air savant is strong, very strong and your inability to know how useful chain ligh is in epic elites is what makes me sad.
But again, why bother with idiots is what i will ask myself and wont continue talking with a clown such as yourself

Native speaker or not, the little red line means you're spelling a word wrong.

Now, if they could just design moronic statement checker for defects like you. 

Remi may be a little turd but he is not wrong about Chain-lightning, or that your savant 'insight' was pointless. At least it wasn't quite as wrong and pointless as the drivel you post as Black on the mobos. Some of your posts there are so inane, so poorly informed, so absent of any logical content  that I feel like I lose points from my IQ every time I read of your mobos posts. Truly, your posts and your underlying grasp of the game are garbage. Do everyone in the game a favor, stop posting and learn how to play the game and how it actually works before you ever post again you over-posting imbecile.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 9:06am by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #34 - May 30th, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Quote:

Remi may be a little turd but he is not wrong about Chain-lightning, or that your savant 'insight' was pointless. At least it wasn't quite as wrong and pointless as the drivel you post as Black on the mobos. Some of your posts there are so inane, so poorly informed, so absent of any logical content  that I feel like I lose points from my IQ every time I read of your mobos posts. Truly, your posts and your underlying grasp of the game are garbage. Do everyone in the game a favor, stop posting and learn how to play the game and how it actually works before you ever post again you over-posting imbecile.

Every single fucking thing i post on those forums about game and game mechanics are mostly correct.
I can be wrong, and i am and i admit that and i love my ability to learn and evolve.
But most of the things that i write there are correct.
Chain ligh in epics is a good spell, it works wonderfully and i will defend that after soloing nearly every ee quest and some raids as sorc in epics and running out of lv 6 mats from spaming that spell as part of rotation.
Comes from pure game knowledge and experience, not some moronic "its not good because i say so" claim.
But hey most people who i talk with dont even have the ability to solo lod on ee but have the strong urge to talk about how this game should be balanced in ee.
Sigh, same old mornic stuff i see every day on mother forums has made its way here sadly.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 10:17am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #35 - May 30th, 2015 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 10:07am:
Every single fucking thing i post on those forums about game and game mechanics are mostly correct.

I understand that you're English Second Language, but even with that, you must appreciate that "mostly correct" is not "correct" in the same sense that "only a little pregnant" is not the same as "not pregnant".

Don't be like Turbine.

A thing is correct or it is not.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #36 - May 30th, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Chi wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 7:44am:
There's supposed to be +20HP in one of the cores when wearing medium armor. As usual with Turbine, it doesn't look like it is working, unless it's a toggled enhancement (didn't bother trying that).

Not equipping usual items and ship buffs made your point easily dismissed - any first lifer can get GFL and +6 Con by level 20 with no effort. The problem of HP is not much different than with pure Rogues.

Lol, no. Their enhancement worked. I guess I should have put on +6 con item and GFL, but even then it'd still have been less than 400hp at 20 as a first lifer while wearing medium armor.

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #37 - May 30th, 2015 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 11:10am:
Lol, no. Their enhancement worked. I guess I should have put on +6 con item and GFL, but even then it'd still have been less than 400hp at 20 as a first lifer while wearing medium armor.

What a gimp. I often have 450 hp at level 20 because I am lazy and use my lvl 12 gear until 28 when I regear. And I barely die. Yes, game is that easy now so stop crying. I don't want to see any more stupid shit like PRR, barbarians, TOEE buffs, etc.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #38 - May 30th, 2015 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Lemming wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 11:41am:
What a gimp. I often have 450 hp at level 20 because I am lazy and use my lvl 12 gear until 28 when I regear. And I barely die. Yes, game is that easy now so stop crying. I don't want to see any more stupid shit like PRR, barbarians, TOEE buffs, etc.

Woah there pal. I'm a gimp because I purposefully didn't gear a toon, especially when the character transfers are down and I certainly couldn't have all my past life feats on to help boost that HP? You just blew my mind.

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #39 - May 30th, 2015 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 12:43pm:
Woah there pal. I'm a gimp because I purposefully didn't gear a toon, especially when the character transfers are down and I certainly couldn't have all my past life feats on to help boost that HP? You just blew my mind.

No. You are a gimp for whining about hp on non geared 1st lifer.

How many hit points you want? 1k? Would it be enough for you?

Because of people like you, the game is where it is today. So fucking sad.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 1:55pm by Lemming »  

IP Logged

Chi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 30th, 2015 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 11:10am:

Good for you, still doesn't work for me.  I just rolled a new warlock with 16 Con, toughness to check. I had 207HP pre enhancements at level 20 (Warlocks get d4 hit dice - thought they were supposed to get d6?).

I should have +90 from enhancements (including +15 from Harper) take me to 297, but instead have only 242. The extra Con enhancements work, but nothing else in the Enlightened tree did (not the +15 from T1, not the +2 Con and Cha from capstone, nor the level 6 core (and yes, I was wearing medium armor).

If they do get the enhancements working, you'd have 427HP after +6 item, GFL and ship buffs (that's +40 between Hag's Apothecary and the extra Con).  But with nothing much working you won't get that on a first lifer (more like 372HP).
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 1:54pm by Chi »  

IP Logged

volt_
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - May 30th, 2015 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 6:15am:
Chain light on mass held mob actually does extremely good dps when burst is on cd, people unable to realize that have appereantly never played a maxed out air savant.

Have to see with my own eyes how and if arcane alatricity plife and evoc cd twist from magister affect blasts before i have a clear opinion about warlock.

IN case both work out, and knowing how stacking system is in ddo, that should be 26.5% faster firing of blasts. Will try when i get will to log to lamma.

Also that dude that complained about warlock hp at 20.
If i was varq i would respond the same way he did.
It just doesnt make any sense to argue with idiots, so better to send replies like that and make the tard give up on sending tells.

Alacrity probably won't do anything.  At least tenser's doesn't slow it down.  Lantern ring does work though. 

Essentially, it's an auto-attack that is coded as a spell for damage purposes.  There's nothing to increase the attack rate as far as I can tell (apart from the enhancement that specifically increases attack rate).

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #42 - May 30th, 2015 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
volt_ wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 2:28pm:
Alacrity probably won't do anything.  At least tenser's doesn't slow it down.  Lantern ring does work though. 

Essentially, it's an auto-attack that is coded as a spell for damage purposes.  There's nothing to increase the attack rate as far as I can tell (apart from the enhancement that specifically increases attack rate). 

There's a way to change the projectile speed from my testing but no way to increase the actual attack rate.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - May 30th, 2015 at 7:26pm
Print Post  

You don't even close to 50/50 correct you poser. In fact I am in awe of just how often you get it wrong, your so desperate to be considered a expert that you say the stupidest things.

Comes from pure game knowledge and experience, not some moronic "its not good because i say so" claim.

Oh I love this quote, this self-skewering hypocritical quote.  Yesterday La-douche, aka Blackheartburn made a couple of wide sweeping generalizations on a Crossbow thread that were obviously wrong. After he foolishly made them a some of the forumites asked him to cite his sources, or even his math as his statements were so wrong. Old La-douche being caught in his bullshit scrambled for a half-dozen posts because he had no sources or math to back him up, and then floated the two turd quotes below.

Blackheartox wrote:
Trade secrets
I like to keep some fun stuff for myself.
After you test out for a bit you will figure it out yourself with the past lifes and "game knowledge" you have

Blackheartox wrote:
My math is simple tho and always works and uhm shows that 18 outdpses.
But again, trade secret, research a bit and you will end to same conclusion as me

After he posted these they didn't let him off the hook, some of them even offered to share compare spreadsheets and results via PM, but nothing from La douch, a poster even offered to let La douch join a testing session ha ha ha ha but little Blackheart being caught in a lie ran off to other threads to share his "expertise" with people who wouldn't ask for proof.

You are such a clueless fuckwit La Douche, so transparent, you write that kind of shit and don't expect people from the Vault to see it?

I mean really? you float through that crossbow thread yesterday spouting "because I said so" left and right and then you are stupid enough to bitch about people doing it a few hours later?

Ha ha ha you're a stupid bastard, humiliated and chased off a motherboard thread by a couple of forumites.

You silly hypocrite. 
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015 at 7:29pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - May 30th, 2015 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:

This right here is pure comedy gold.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - May 30th, 2015 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I try to maintain a positive outlook about all things DDO, it's my playtime afterall, but in the case of the warlock debut I have to make some observations about it's many shortcomings.

They have had 5 months to work on the warlock and this is what they have? 

The eldritch blast is to slow to start, half the abilities don't know if they are strikes or stances, the damage is underwhelming, the trees contradict themselves and are probably only good for exploit multiclass so far and then, they don't even have a past life feat figured out.

After talking himself and the class up for so long this is a terrible debut, and shows that too much talking and to little work was applied by Severlin. They decided what the wanted it to be, and then sat on their bums, they did more work shooting down player suggestions than implementing the actual designs they were already married to.

The graphic expressions of the class are just a cheap hash-up of many others already in the game, done poorly.

This is a dog's breakfast, and if this is the best they can do by the last days of May someone should be getting the sack.

I don't want to minimize your disappointment in any way Miss Factor, but I can easily picture you stamping your foot while reading this.

Those are all good points, it's just hard to take you serious when you are angry, it's just not your thing.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #46 - May 30th, 2015 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 7:36pm:
I don't want to minimize your disappointment in any way Miss Factor, but I can easily picture you stamping your foot while reading this.

Those are all good points, it's just hard to take you serious when you are angry, it's just not your thing. 

Oh, it's not too hard when M is around.
(I didn't want to use the "name" should it accidentally summon it.)

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - May 31st, 2015 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Ah yes, very good point Dropper.

But you have to admit it does take a lot to provoke the lass, I would bet Miss Factor farts daisies and unicorns.

You piqued my interest as well, and after a little looking I am happy to report the aforementioned Troglodyte "M" hasn't logged on here since that spanking she got in Feb, and doesn't appear to have been on the mobos is over three weeks.

Dare we hope?
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2015 at 2:20am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #48 - May 31st, 2015 at 3:50am
Print Post  
Miss Factor, when you get mad you be like:

IP Logged

Aeplo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
volt_ wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 3:13am:
Got the same error for the longest time.  The fix for me was to delete files and let the launcher re-download.  When you run the launcher, see what files get modified (by the file date).  Delete all those files and run the launcher again. 

worked for me too mate thanks alot  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint