Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine circling wagons.... again (Read 50212 times)
Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine circling wagons.... again
Reply #100 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:27am:
Well it's been obvious for a few years now that Bravery Bonus and the No Death Bonus had to be killed, as they are hurting the game more than helping it.

agreed

the Bravery Bonus should be turned into a bonus days event that happens every six weeks or so

better than challenge rewards bonus days
more fun than the mimic event

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #101 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:59am:
What the hell did they expect. There was no official discussion on the blast mechanics.

There was virtually no discussion at all on warlocks until it was time to discuss enhancement trees. The fail that is warlock is mostly due to the fact that all the important decisions were made behind the scenes by Turbine alone.

The PC is a waste of time, but you can't blame that on the "councilors". Council feedback on what was presented was fairly good. I'm not surprised the devs are blaming the council for the fail though, easier that than admitting to being clueless.

Munk - no reflection on you or many others who served as best as you could, but the PC this year under Sev's manipulative mgmt style was intended as nothing more than a convenient scapegoat.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of those less active PC accounts are nothing but dummy Turdbine logins, so they can post shit supportive of their decisions and then say "our feedback from the PC showed....."
That's the sort of shit we're talking about now.  Small minded petty tactics to prop up a fragile ego.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #102 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Pretty girl doing pr is not going to help if the core of the game is getting fucked by tardy leadership.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #103 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 5:51am:
the Bravery Bonus should be turned into a bonus days event that happens every six weeks or so

While this could be nice, I'm still leaning towards putting an underlevel bonus in place... That way those that can challenge quests will challenge then ( and find the game hard enough for them ).... You kill two birds with one stone.

But honestly : as long as it's on a quest by quest basis and that there's no Elite Streak to keep up, it will be good.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #104 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 1:12am:
Most of us can go down the feat list now pretty quickly and pick between two or three things, but when you start, it's overwhelming.

80% of the feats are "Fuck You" buttons. Man, I get annoyed when the fuckwit devs insist on wasting spots in the enhancement trees with shit like "+1 to hit," or "Your pet is still a fucking mistake, only now you've wasted AP on it," but it's good to remember how punitive feat selection is.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 7:34am:
Pretty girl doing pr is not going to help if the core of the game is getting fucked by tardy leadership.

Doesn't have to be a "pretty girl", it can be a guy as well, as long as it is someone who makes the effort and doesn't have off-putting presence like Fat Jerry and Toberlon girl have.

Obviously Turbine's management is screwing up the core game left and right. But the cold hard fact is that Jerry and his public interactions are doing damage to the game on their own, entirely outside of the management fuckups.

He is an unprofessional, fat, slovenly, repulsive, socially retarded buffoon who is only in the position as a result of coincidence and apathy, not design.   
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:24am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #106 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:51am
Print Post  
BArkat wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:46pm:
I thought a little more about this and, honestly, Sev doesn't need to learn the latest new-age, dealing-with-people claptrap.

The best thing for anyone who sets out to communicate with the public, no matter how demanding they might be, is to treat them the way you'd want to be treated. Tell them the truth and, whatever you do, don't tell half-truths or, as I like to call them, "non-lies." Be straight with people and trust them, as a group, to understand what you're trying to do.

Above all, this!!

You can only manipulate smart people for a little while before they catch on, and when they do you better have serious fixes in place or they will be twice as pissed as they were before.

Many people bought Fernando's QoL promise, fewer bought Rowan's, SeverancePay would have to be Sauruman to pull off "claptrap" this late in the game.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #107 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
It was obvious that it wasn't Cordovan that selected them... While Cordovan has many problems in his relations with the community, he at least has a relatively fair sense of who in the community will bring interesting discussion and be critical...

Oh bullshit Flav. Cordovan is incapable of doing any better at picking the council than Sev_pay is.

While Sev_pay would be looking to add people who wouldn't rock the boat too much, Cordovan wouldn't pick people HE didn't like.

Either way, end result is the same...a bunch of milquetoast "Yes" men/women sitting on the PC lapping up Turbine's jizz.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #108 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Tell us how you really feel.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #109 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:31am:
Do you think the problem is acquiring new people rather than retaining them after they hit level 4, get all fucked up in the harbour, run with Bigs on a "know it!" quest, can't climb up a ladder, and can't hit anything because they have a dwaraxe in each hand and hop around like bunnies can't get through the broken introductory quest, go to report it, and find a broken bug-reporting tool?

FTFY

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #110 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 9:30am:
80% of the feats are "Fuck You" buttons. Man, I get annoyed when the fuckwit devs insist on wasting spots in the enhancement trees with shit like "+1 to hit," or "Your pet is still a fucking mistake, only now you've wasted AP on it," but it's good to remember how punitive feat selection is.

exactamundo.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #111 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tell us how you really feel.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:23am:
He is an unprofessional, fat, slovenly, repulsive, socially retarded buffoon who is only in the position as a result of coincidence and apathy, not design.   

One of the best sentences I have read. Nice.

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #113 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:23am:
Doesn't have to be a "pretty girl", it can be a guy as well, as long as it is someone who makes the effort and doesn't have off-putting presence like Fat Jerry and Toberlon girl have.

Obviously Turbine's management is screwing up the core game left and right. But the cold hard fact is that Jerry and his public interactions are doing damage to the game on their own, entirely outside of the management fuckups.

Couldn't agree more. That fat fuckwit spends all his time protecting his sycophants and ass lickers, especially the ones in the PC. 

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 11:24pm:
One of the best sentences I have read. Nice.

Thanks. I do what I can.

Turd_Ferguson wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 12:19am:
Couldn't agree more. That fat fuckwit spends all his time protecting his sycophants and ass lickers, especially the ones in the PC. 

How delusional is it that Turbine expects players to magically put aside their knowledge of that habitual behavior by Fat Jerry, and view his his announcements and projects fairly?

Jerry and that fucked up history of his actually hurt perception of DDO and limit the positive impact that new releases and player engagement should be making.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #115 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Jerry's moderation sucks, but I'm not sure it would be different with anybody else.  They're all like that - companies are very protective of their forums, being searchable and all.

I think a hot chick would help introduce people, maybe.  The part that bugs me the most and wouldn't just be solved with eyecandy is that he doesn't know how the goddamn game works.  Everybody's mentioned it in the past - whatever boobs show up, if somebody asks a question, you'd better be able to answer it.  You don't have to run EE everything on the twitch, but you *should* be an expert on the game.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:35am
Print Post  
It's not about a hot chick with boobs, it's about having a professional that doesn't repulse or alienate players/customers while promoting the game and informing the base.

As to the moderation, DDO's is a industry low, there has been worse, but it didn't last and the companies involved made changes to correct.  He is incompetent.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:38am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #117 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:26am:
Jerry's moderation sucks, but I'm not sure it would be different with anybody else.  They're all like that - companies are very protective of their forums, being searchable and all.

I think a hot chick would help introduce people, maybe.  The part that bugs me the most and wouldn't just be solved with eyecandy is that he doesn't know how the goddamn game works.  Everybody's mentioned it in the past - whatever boobs show up, if somebody asks a question, you'd better be able to answer it.  You don't have to run EE everything on the twitch, but you *should* be an expert on the game.

I would agree with Hag that there are professional moderators who could do a better job.  Someone not involved with the game and the people might be beneficial.
Technical questions can be answered by the technical team or as I see on some forums, well respected forum members/players.
Specific technical questions about the game need to be addressed by the devs anyway - Cordo doesn't know very much about the game.

The marketing person is a different role - it is the face of the company.  There is pros to having them be an experienced player and cons too.
I liked Hag's idea of having someone who isn't a DDO guru so they can't get hung out to dry on not knowing anal details about the game.  There are a lot of ePeens around this game so it is easy to get shot down in flames on not knowing largely irrelevant minute details.

But they can be polite, professional, well spoken, savvy, even handed & consistent - things DDO needs if it is to become a professionally run game.

« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:30am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #118 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:59am
Print Post  
If you think a "professional" moderator (whatever that means - they pay tubby, so he's a professional) would have much of a different end result, you're dreaming, or don't have much experience with public gaming forums.  Jerry's flaw is that he has obvious triggers and golden people who can do no wrong (e.g. Uurlock, since they're friends), and he's terrible at bringing topics back in line, but there's not a mod in the world who would let this shit fly.  You can't have people going off on cursing rants against devs or posting boobs.  That's why we're here, mostly - the amount of moderation is once a week, maybe.

Having another public face is a completely different job, and I don't know why he's doing it other than money and nobody else wants to.  I think it's a far more important position than forum shit-shovelling though.  Of course it doesn't have to be boobs, but it'll be many people's first encounter with the game, so it needs to be good.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #119 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:18am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:18am:
Technical questions can't be answered by the technical team

Fixed a typo.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:59am:
If you think a "professional" moderator (whatever that means - they pay tubby, so he's a professional) would have much of a different end result, you're dreaming, or don't have much experience with public gaming forums.  Jerry's flaw is that he has obvious triggers and golden people who can do no wrong (e.g. Uurlock, since they're friends), and he's terrible at bringing topics back in line, but there's not a mod in the world who would let this shit fly.  You can't have people going off on cursing rants against devs or posting boobs.  That's why we're here, mostly - the amount of moderation is once a week, maybe.

Having another public face is a completely different job, and I don't know why he's doing it other than money and nobody else wants to.  I think it's a far more important position than forum shit-shovelling though.  Of course it doesn't have to be boobs, but it'll be many people's first encounter with the game, so it needs to be good.

The extent of your ignorance is breath-taking, you really don't have any idea of what you are talking about. Not. one. clue.

See, I had thought you were kind of ridiculous before when you tried to convince yourself that Sev had  "Performed brilliantly", and when pressed  on it you kept doubling down, dodging, and making excuses when you couldn't provide anything to back up that obvious bullshit call or illustrate in anyway that you had even the smallest clue as to what a producer does.

But frankly all the claptrap you have tried to spout in the 36 hours since is so much worse. It makes it clear that not only do you have no experience or understanding of how any business much less the a game publisher operates, you are in fact a desperate punk parroting words he doesn't understand to make noise and be noticed.

It's clear now that you are spouting your patched together nonsense in a mildly contrary manner just so you can be part of the discussion and hopefully be seen to be swimming against the logical tide. Your posts have been nothing more than a exercise in attention seeking, and approval hunting with no experience or knowledge to inform it, nothing else.   

So do all of us a favor and Piss off Pook, because the adults are talking about something pretty interesting here, and we don't have the time to indulge your fragile little ego adn delusions right now.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:30am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #121 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:06am
Print Post  
Well it's been obvious for a few years now that Bravery Bonus and the No Death Bonus had to be killed, as they are hurting the game more than helping it.

Disagree. Idiots choose to run Elite when not capable. That's a problem. There's no need for the extra streak difference to progress. Since coming back I've not had time, energy or inclination to maintain an Elite streak and levels still go by plenty fast enough on a Hard streak. I was pleasantly surprised (makes up for all the afk time).

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #122 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:59am:
What the hell did they expect. There was no official discussion on the blast mechanics.

There was virtually no discussion at all on warlocks until it was time to discuss enhancement trees. The fail that is warlock is mostly due to the fact that all the important decisions were made behind the scenes by Turbine alone.

The PC is a waste of time, but you can't blame that on the "councilors". Council feedback on what was presented was fairly good. I'm not surprised the devs are blaming the council for the fail though, easier that than admitting to being clueless.

PC=ML=PC.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #123 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:39am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:06am:
Disagree. Idiots choose to run Elite when not capable. That's a problem. There's no need for the extra streak difference to progress. Since coming back I've not had time, energy or inclination to maintain an Elite streak and levels still go by plenty fast enough on a Hard streak. I was pleasantly surprised (makes up for all the afk time).

you can disagree, and I disagree with you... for the first two sentences... On the other Hand I do agree with you that there's more than enough XP now to level fast enough on Hard and even on Normal.... At least as a First lifer.

Streak is stupid. People at large consider it mandatory to maintain an elite streak, and will not join Hard/Normal LFMs
Basically Streak is one of the mechanism that kills the LFM ( along with Dungeon Scaling ) because it's safer and easier to solo quests.

the Issue needs to be fully adressed :
- Killing BB and replacing it by a mechanism that gives out the same amount of XP ( underlevel bonus, daily bonus, whatever ) on a quest by quest basis.
- Killing BB so that people stop to do Elite quests two level above the quest nominal ( before Elite ) level.... And then whine that the game is too easy.
   With a mechanism like Underlevel bonus, people will actually challenge quests...
- Killing Dungeon Scaling and going back to the standard one size fit them all : Dungeons are Scaled for a balanced party of 4 people.
   A Full party will zerg through the content, a Soloer will have to be careful.
- Kill the No Death Bonus.... Because it's pointless if you bring back Underlevel bonus... people will die, even the best.

All in all the above will resurect LFMs ( as there's going to be an incentive to actually have a full group ).
It will also give something to chew to all the whiner that say that the game is too easy ( do a VON3 with a full party of LVL 5 First Life characters, and then tell me if the game is too easy... or a Madstone with a full party of LVL 7 characters ).
All the while it will allow new players ( we can dream ) and F2P to party up with others ( as Elite will be mostly for Favor farming, or reserved to the masochists that want's to get hurt ) 

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #124 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:04am
Print Post  
But then won't incompetent people end up in e.g. GH underlevel like the old days and just fuck up pugs' bonuses in a different way? I don't see how they can design for idiots.

I don't like BB either, but it's the players at fault for over-reaching, not the system. Elite is named that way for a reason...

(But yes, they should remove DA and reinstate the old TWF speed - not enough players for it to cause lag now anyway Cheesy )

Edit: I'm finding it's plenty enough XP on a third life+ too since they changed the progression / quest XP. Still like to farm the quests I enjoy though, the intended behaviour change from addressing all the base XP still doesn't get me into shitty, long-distance quests...
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:06am by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Send TopicPrint