Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine circling wagons.... again (Read 50128 times)
Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Turbine circling wagons.... again
Jun 1st, 2015 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Fat Jerry was on the the warpath this morning, closed 3 threads flat out removed 5 in entirety and cut 48 posts from just this one that appears to be "too big to cube"

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/460743-Holy-Sword-and-Improved-critica...

And that's just from where the number was at when I last looked at that last night, could well be more. Pretty sure he cut a couple dozen other posts from various threads as well, but I could only remember that thread's post count clearly. 

And after all that mobo community freak out for three days what did the Devs have to say about holy sword, blood strength, IPC, warlock, warlock sucking, etc..... ?

NOTHING, nothing at all. 6 dev posts today including the usual G-berg down, screenshot of the week, so really 4 posts, all by Cordo all shedding no light anywhere. So the cone of silence has descended at DDO, Sev must be "working on" another producers letter.

Note, that 4 post count doesn't include Jerry the Chin's thread closing posts, that are not on the Dev tracker. Go read them if you get a chance, I can see why he didn't put them in the tracker, he is all kinds of butthurt and bitchy.

So anyone catch a mobo ban?
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:00pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine circling wagons.... again
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:01pm
Print Post  

Prolly cuz the bean counters said WTF. Quit inciting riots in the streets, we lost XXXX accounts this weekend, what did you do Sev?

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I like "G-berg."  I'ma use that.   Grin

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Sev_Pay got fished.  https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/460743-Holy-Sword-and-Improved-critica...

First he tried to just shut it down with his "plain-talking-producer" routine:

Sev_Pay wrote:
Our current plan:

Holy Sword: Yes
Improved Critical: No

Sev~

And then in classic Sev_Pay petulance he couldn't help trying again 8 mins later

Sev_Pay wrote:
Holy Sword will be changing at some point.

Improved Critical will not be changing in the near future, at least not without an outcry from the player base. Although it varies from the pen and paper, and probably wasn't intended to work that way, it's been in place since the earliest days of the game with its current functionality so we are loathe to change it at this point.

Sev~

By the second post he is already trying to hedge his bets, and then defend how the IPC is wrong, so wrong, but you're all a bunch of babies so it will stay wrong, but it's still wrong.. blah blah blah

He just want's to be able to bitch about features and call them "overperforming" but not have to do the heavy lifting to figure out what to do about it.

He does this for a couple reasons. 
-By calling things "overperfoming" the way he does, he is throwing a bone to the butthurt players who don't like a ability giving them hope that he might do something and that they have a right to be butthurt.
-By only calling it a name but doing nothing he keeps all the people who like it happy

When he does this, it's a calculated move. He has no real interest in digging into a existing problem he oversaw implementing and changing it, he would rather focus a padding his resume with his new content. Pally? Bard? Barb? that's all old news he wants to move one, the Rogue rollout is a perfect example of it. Spew out content, wait for applause move on, being careful to not trip over the countless Acrobat corpses that the update left in it's wake.

While I didn't think much of the thread on the mobos at first, after rereading it a couple times I gotta say I was pretty impressed the way it was able to carefully disguise it's real intent and troll Sev into posting a Holy Sword post that would whip up a shit-storm as a result.

How Sev_Pay ever got into production is a mystery for the ages, such a incompetent.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:45pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
I truly enjoyed those threads, so funny to read and to participate  Cheesy

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
How Sev_Pay ever got into production is a mystery for the ages, such a incompetent.

It's the Peter Principle at work: Promoted to the maximum limit of his incompetence.

That, and he's the Axe-Man they brought in to usher DDO into maintenance mode.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 12:18am:
It's the Peter Principle at work: Promoted to the maximum limit of his incompetence.

That, and he's the Axe-Man they brought in to usher DDO into maintenance mode.

I don't even think it's that complicated.  The ones who are making the real decisions ("we need to cut six people") aren't reading the forums, either here or there.

Nothing you say now will affect things greatly.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 2:39am
Print Post  
yawn

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 4:47am
Print Post  
lol, who from u is the pally4life dumbass?Smiley

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 5:09am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 2:00am:
I don't even think it's that complicated.  The ones who are making the real decisions ("we need to cut six people") aren't reading the forums, either here or there.

Nothing you say now will affect things greatly.

You miss the point entirely, clearly what is posted on the mobos and here does have a affect. Just nothing good.

When Fat Jerry goes on a tear like that, and Sev goes to ground because so he can't say anymore stupid shit it's a direct result of what was posted and the noise the players were making. Which are all a direct result of the stupid shit that Sev_pay and his team do and say.

Additionally, it's pretty clear that Sev_pay was socially engineered by the nature of that thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really impressed with your whole "cynical seen it all pose" but it doesn't really apply to this particular instance.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 12:18am:

that must be why majmal got promoted out of the company.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
I was one of them, but the amusing thing is the post was a Catch-22. A shame I don't really care enough to use it to mess with them - they'll be dead in a few years, anyway. Wild Game Studios will happen again.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 5:09am:
You miss the point entirely

Well, obviously.  What IS the point?  I don't see anything he wrote indicating a change of mind on his part.

Hag Master wrote on Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:43pm:

I think you don't know what a producer actually does.  Aside from his lack of foresight about how angry and frustrated some of the community really is, he's performed brilliantly.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #13 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
title of this thread brings this to mind

"eat.  digest.  repeat.  the taste will never leave your mouth!"  sounds like Turban to me.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 3:29pm:
I think you don't know what a producer actually does.  Aside from his lack of foresight about how angry and frustrated some of the community really is, he's performed brilliantly.

I think you need some examples here. QA, game design, delivery of content and such have been piss poor. I have no idea if he is hitting targets like manpower and sales and neither do you.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #15 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 4:47am:
lol, who from u is the pally4life dumbass?Smiley

I was wondering that too. I thought he was serious until I read that shit about "role players" then I just knew it was a beautiful troll post.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #16 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 6:25pm:
I think you need some examples here. QA, game design, delivery of content and such have been piss poor. I have no idea if he is hitting targets like manpower and sales and neither do you.

Producer Severlin's KPIs:
1. Pump "content" out the door on time.                                      Check
2. Producer's Letter to stimulate excitement in the customers.       Check.
3. Keep the $'s rolling in.                                                            Check
4. (Personal goal) PacMan LARP champion.                                   In Progress

[flips to next few empty pages]
Nope, no mention of QA/QC or game design.  Content delivery is acceptable as per the Paiz model: ie. the putz's will pay for any shit that passes for content.
No mention of content quality and bug fixes, customer satisfaction, customer service, QoL maintenance fixes, meaningful engagement with the client base, system uptime, process uptime (bug reporting tool, character copy tool) - so by my reckoning, Producer Severance_Pay is golden in the eyes of WB.

The only time he will attract attention is when revenue drops below cost and then someone will take a look, see the colossal fuck up it is, realise it is too late to "fix it" and see the servers shut down instead of Maintenance.

The game is not growing, nor is it being allowed to gracefully enter Maintenance mode.  It is being fundamentally damaged with significant system changes that alienate decent amounts of the population and completely unbalance aspects of the game because they have no feel for what they're doing and won't listen to feedback.

Perhaps Sev_Pay's master plan is to morph the game into a generic MMO that he can market to the masses, make a quick buck before being promoted to a janitorial role at Turdbine's mobile development HQ?  Maybe his talents are more suited to a corporate role in WB as chief cum-bucket?

« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2015 at 8:12pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Well, obviously.  What IS the point?  I don't see anything he wrote indicating a change of mind on his part.

Don't be obtuse. The point is that Turbine once again was forced to "circled the wagons" after a large wave of negative feedback and fanboi feedback feedback rolled in over the weekend. It's right there is the title pook. Unlike a healthy game/company they cannot abide it.

As to Sev_Pay? prior to the wave he posted publicly that he was going to hit Holy sword, something he said in the PC forums months ago but was loathed to admit publicly and has spent months avoiding giving even a hint of a impression that he was "actually going to do it." That thread trolled him or poked him, or whatever you want to call it, and successfully provoked him to go public, and then promptly go to ground because of the backlash.

I never said he changed his mind I said he fucked up and is hiding while Fat Jerry wipes threads, cuts posts, hints that this is why the forums can't have nice things like honesty.
[/quote]

Clearly you have no idea. So please tell us all in your bizarro world how has he "performed brilliantly"?
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:30pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 9:21pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 8:43pm:
Clearly you have know idea. So please tell us all in your bizarro world how has he "performed brilliantly"?

See Drop's checklist.  I won't bother with the rest.  When you turn 15 and get a job, maybe you'll understand a little better.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Meaning you can't defend your "performed brilliantly" statement. Trying to tag on to Drop's exchange with Mystafyi won't do.

So please tell us in detail, how Sev_Pay is "performing brilliantly", go ahead tell us all.

What's that? you got nothing?  you won't "bother"? just as I thought.

You run along back to the kiddie pool junior,  the adults are talking now.
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2015 at 9:48pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
You're retarded.  In the mentally handicapped sense.

Let's put it this way - what is it you think a producer does?  We'll start with that, and then we can argue.  I think you have this idea that his role encompasses many other things, but that'll need some clarification.

I'm not going to defend him.  I think he's bad for the game.  I don't think Warner would agree with that sentiment.  That's all.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
You just realized that you trapped yourself didn't you junior? ha ha ha.

Ah Pook wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 9:53pm:
Let's put it this way - what is it you think a producer does?  We'll start with that, and then we can argue.  I think you have this idea that his role encompasses many other things, but that'll need some clarification.

Look at you squirm! we are already arguing junior, arguing over your silly silly statement that you can't back up.

You try a lame attempt at getting me to set the qualifications so you can cobble together some answers to a subject that you clearly know nothing about? Well that just won't fly. "We'll start with that"? sorry, but did you forget we already started, we started on your claim that you are now trying to avoid like the plague. Here let me refresh your memory:

Do you see those words in bold italic? "he's performed brilliantly"? those are you words and your judgment, not anyone else's. You don't say "other's think that" or even "some people might think that" no, you tell us that you think that Sev_Pay "he's performed brilliantly"

So go ahead tell us lad, how did you reach this conclusion of your's? how is it that in your mind using your personal standards that you were able to come to the conclusion that Sev_Pay has "performed brilliantly"? and by all means go into detail about what you guess a producer does, I have little doubt that your lack of any actual knowledge will be as hilarious as your attempts to squirm out of the trap you put yourself in.

Go ahead, were waiting!  Come on, don't be shy, tell us all what you think a producer does and how it is that Sev_Pay has "performed brilliantly".

What? still nothing? still trying to think of a way to squirm out of your statement? 

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Still waiting Pook, You felt strongly enough to post that Sev_Pay has "performed brilliantly" in your opinion, surely you can man-up and explain why he is?

Or is it hard to explain that you were just talking shit with no clue as well?

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #24 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
*shrug*  You seem to think of yourself as some great debater, but you're trapped in your own delusions.  Ranting over and over about "you don't know anything, but I'm not going to put anything out there" just makes you look dumb.  Speed isn't indicative of a good argument either, nor is calling your superiors "lad."  Sorry.  Also, learn how to punctuate.  Your apostrophes make my eyes bleed.  I know you become functionally illiterate when you get heated about something, so maybe you could send me a pm before you post.  I'd be happy to proofread and correct it, and then you wouldn't look like quite such a neen.

Anyway, since you don't know, having never had a real job:

1. Pump "content" out the door on time. ✓
2. Keep the $'s rolling in. ✓
3. Producer's Letter to stimulate excitement in the customers. ✓

'twas a fine list, and fairly accurate.  You called him "incompetent," which indicates you think there's something he should be doing that he isn't.  That's all I'm asking - what do you think his role is, and how is he bad at it?

If you say "Warlocks are boring and stupid," I won't disagree, but that has no bearing on his evaluation as a producer.  QA isn't his demesne; nor is keeping Ghallanda up, other than making sure the nerds are doing whatever they can to fix it, along with getting content out.  If it were every server blowing up every other day, he'd swing the focus way over to that, but since it's one, and they have nfi what the problem actually is, it takes a back burner to getting content out.

You don't get to define his job description, sorry to say - Warner does.  And I'm sure they think he's doing a bang-up job.  I don't need to "squirm out of my statement," because it was fairly clear, and I stand by it.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint