Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine circling wagons.... again (Read 50210 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Turbine circling wagons.... again
Reply #150 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:03am
Print Post  
I got curious when I TR'd and noticed my streak had carried over. Apparently you can have a streak that's higher than the number of quests in the game.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:03am:
I got curious when I TR'd and noticed my streak had carried over. Apparently you can have a streak that's higher than the number of quests in the game.

L33ter, dirty dirty L33ter.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #152 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:20am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:39am:
the Issue needs to be fully adressed :
...- Killing Dungeon Scaling and going back to the standard one size fit them all : Dungeons are Scaled for a balanced party of 4 people.
   A Full party will zerg through the content, a Soloer will have to be careful.
All in all the above will resurect LFMs ( as there's going to be an incentive to actually have a full group ).

I agree except for this one - killing scaling doesn't encourage grouping so much as it discourages shortmanning. If you are a pair of casual player friends struggling through a quest and the choice is to ride on the coattails of a TR train who's gear and skill make you look like the noob that you are, how fun is that?

That's great fun for the uber guys who get to look like double heroes, but that sucks for the pair of friends. And when they get together next time to decide what game to play, DDO probably won't be as high on the list.

I'm hardly one to throw stones on this topic, but you're living in the past, Flav. Years ago most gamers played online games to *find* new friends, but in recent years the dynamic has shifted and the majority play online games to spend time with friends they already have.

Spending a lot of effort to make the LFM panel an effective social mixer is like inventing new hardware to make rotary dial phones easier to use. If you can do it without hurting another segment (touch tone dialing, for example) then fine, but removing dungeon scaling is a huge blow to a large segment of the playerbase.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #153 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:20am:
I agree except for this one - killing scaling doesn't encourage grouping so much as it discourages shortmanning. If you are a pair of casual player friends struggling through a quest and the choice is to ride on the coattails of a TR train who's gear and skill make you look like the noob that you are, how fun is that?

That's great fun for the uber guys who get to look like double heroes, but that sucks for the pair of friends. And when they get together next time to decide what game to play, DDO probably won't be as high on the list.

I'm hardly one to throw stones on this topic, but you're living in the past, Flav. Years ago most gamers played online games to *find* new friends, but in recent years the dynamic has shifted and the majority play online games to spend time with friends they already have.

Spending a lot of effort to make the LFM panel an effective social mixer is like inventing new hardware to make rotary dial phones easier to use. If you can do it without hurting another segment (touch tone dialing, for example) then fine, but removing dungeon scaling is a huge blow to a large segment of the playerbase.

Well maybe elite should be automatically scaled to 6 people then. That way solo achievements mean something. And new people would learn to respect the difficulty categories, choosing the appropriate one for their play level rather than bitching about needing easy buttons.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:49am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:18pm:
Silly Pook, scrambling again, why is it that whenever you get outed you just keep making bigger and bigger bullshit claims? hmm we may never know.

Otherwise, you Pook were the one who posted:

When you were dumb enough to post this 4 days ago we asked you to explain specifically how he had performed brilliantly and you couldn't.  First you tried to use Drop's post and when that didn't work you tried to pivot the argument and get others to explain to you what a producer does because... you don't know and you could only start making bullshit answers up when you had something to base them on. 

Because you don't know, and no one was gullible enough to explain for you what a producer actually does you were NEVER ABLE to explain what Sev did much less give examples of how he "performed brilliantly while doing it. Every time we reminded you about it and pointed out that you still hadn't been able to explain or show even the most rudimentary knowledge, you would panic and start spewing more childish insults while you again attempted to distract and dodge.... unsuccessfully.

And now? well now you have really painted yourself into a corner with your lies and exaggerations, and you have decided to try the "Cetus Tactic" which is hilarious.

Like Cetus when you get caught in a lie and clearly can't display the simplest understanding or knowledge of a subject you have been posting about, you whip up a imaginary "career" and "qualifications" as a pathetic defense.

So now you're going to tell us all how you wrote our software...he he he  and let's see, according to your post, you claim that you have been "working on games" longer than I have been playing, so I guess that means you're claiming to have been at it for more than 30 years, snicker snicker.

The best, and I do mean best of all? You were so desperate and stupid that you actually were foolish enough to post this little gem:

"I work with them every day" Really? wow, that means that you can now without delay or any more stalling explain to us all in detail exactly what a producer does, and much more importantly exactly how it is that Sev_Pay has been "performing brilliantly" while doing it right?

I mean it stands to reason that since you see it "daily" you don't need to take another 4 days to finally be able to come up with the explanations and knowledge that you deal with every day on your "job" working on games. Right?

Right?

God, I just laughed so hard when I saw you had been stupid enough to write that, I mean come on!  even Cetus wouldn't have been foolish enough to trap himself like you just did.

And Pook? just in case you don't already know it? that's check-mate.

Hey, Hag, I think Pook meant "in bed" up there. He was just too embarrassed to say so. So cut a guy some slack, ok?

Sev performed brilliantly in bed.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:49am by Hiding »  

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:04pm:
Drop: 2+2 = 4
Hag: wuts 2+2?
Quoting Drop: "2+2 = 4"
Hag: nonono ur dum you dn't kno wut 2+2 is

If somebody says something correct, and I agree, because I'm saying it, it becomes wrong?  That's cute.

You're so deperate for attention I feel sorry for you.  This constant need to fit in gets depressing.

Were you home-schooled or something?  You seem to have missed the point where hitting girls on the schoolground to show you like them isn't cool anymore.  Your total crush on Thaz was cute, except when you slipped up and professed your true love, and then denied it over and over.

Hi!  My name's Gag Factor!  I'm 34, a virgin, and losing my hair.  I live in my mom's basement which is super-cool, since I can spend my McDonald's salary on video games and shitty weed!  I wet the bed (but only at night) and feel guilty after I beat off to beach pics of people I don't know, so to alleviate it I insult them over the internet.  Don't mess with me - I have a Tapout shirt collection to rival Dana White!  When I pick you up in the family minivan (just kidding I never leave the house lol) you'll appreciate the way I smell, since I have the lifetime "Gallon Drum" subscription to Axe body fumes.  Please look at my picture and marvel at my effusive nature.  Do you like my hair?  I spend 3 hours on it a day.  Pay attention to me!  Pay attention to me!  Pay attention to me!  Pay attenti[character limit exceeded]

*plonk*

(btw, if you want some Shattered Steel concept art, lemme know; otherwise perl -we '$_ = q ;476f204675636b204120446f67as;; for (s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s) {s;(..)s?;qq qprint chr 0x$1 and \161 ssq;excess;}')

Hey! I don't wet the bed. Or have a job. Or...have access to weed Sad or live anywhere near my mother and I'd never, never insult the hotties I jerk off to!

After all, as my lecherous drunken uncle always said "treat the young ones nice when they're young and they'll treat you nice when you're old."

No, really, one day those pics will come alive for me! Shocked

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #156 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:45am:
Well maybe elite should be automatically scaled to 6 people then. That way solo achievements mean something. And new people would learn to respect the difficulty categories, choosing the appropriate one for their play level rather than bitching about needing easy buttons.

That's fine, scaling is already much less on Elite, and it still leaves 3 other difficulties as viable options for those smaller parties. Maybe Flav meant for Elite only, but it sounded like he was advocating the removal of all dungeon scaling, and that would be a huge blow to DDO.

We need tough stuff to challenge the top players just as much as we need to keep content accessible to average players! But the converse is also true, we need to keep content accessible to average players just as much as we need tough stuff to challenge the top players.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:49am:
Hey, Hag, I think Pook meant "in bed" up there. He was just too embarrassed to say so. So cut a guy some slack, ok?

Sev performed brilliantly in bed.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Grin

Happy? this post finally forced my hand, I had to use a emote. Damn you, Damn your eyes.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #158 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:04pm:
Drop: 2+2 = 4
Hag: wuts 2+2?
Quoting Drop: "2+2 = 4"
Hag: nonono ur dum you dn't kno wut 2+2 is

If somebody says something correct, and I agree, because I'm saying it, it becomes wrong?  That's cute.

You're so deperate for attention I feel sorry for you.  This constant need to fit in gets depressing.

Were you home-schooled or something?  You seem to have missed the point where hitting girls on the schoolground to show you like them isn't cool anymore.  Your total crush on Thaz was cute, except when you slipped up and professed your true love, and then denied it over and over.

Hi!  My name's Gag Factor!  I'm 34, a virgin, and losing my hair.  I live in my mom's basement which is super-cool, since I can spend my McDonald's salary on video games and shitty weed!  I wet the bed (but only at night) and feel guilty after I beat off to beach pics of people I don't know, so to alleviate it I insult them over the internet.  Don't mess with me - I have a Tapout shirt collection to rival Dana White!  When I pick you up in the family minivan (just kidding I never leave the house lol) you'll appreciate the way I smell, since I have the lifetime "Gallon Drum" subscription to Axe body fumes.  Please look at my picture and marvel at my effusive nature.  Do you like my hair?  I spend 3 hours on it a day.  Pay attention to me!  Pay attention to me!  Pay attention to me!  Pay attenti[character limit exceeded]

http://www.rexburgpolice.com/AnimalShelter/Images/Barking.gif

*plonk*

(btw, if you want some Shattered Steel concept art, lemme know; otherwise perl -we '$_ = q ;476f204675636b204120446f67as;; for (s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s;s) {s;(..)s?;qq qprint chr 0x$1 and \161 ssq;excess;}')

What a Frantic spamfest, lame. Shattered steel? that shit was crap 20 years ago, you're really scappin the barrel you retard. Man, do me a favor, if you can't describe what these mythical producers you work with do and how  that asshat Severancepay did it brilliantly? Just shut the fuck up for a while all right?  I'm fed-up with having to see Fagmaster school your lying ass every time you start spouting your dumb excuses. Are you so retarded that you actually think anyone is stupid enough to believe you know anything? Or are you so gay that you can't live without the hag mistress's attention?

GDIAFF

Hag? Arrogant much? You don't need to point out the same obvious shit every shitting time he posts. What? do you think you are the only one smart enough to see what he's trying to do? Or is your head that far up your own ass that you can't just walk away when you made the point? Is your ego that hungry that you gotta spend a fucking week spiking the ball in the endzone just because you found a stupid poster willing to be your punching bag. Pick another target fucker and give the rest of us a break.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2015 at 7:47am by »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #159 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:29am
Print Post  
+1 Yep.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #160 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 5:12am:
the removal of all dungeon scaling

Yup... that bit...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

geoffhanna
Korthos Resident

Default Catchphrase

Reply #161 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:57am
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:56am:
Some stuff that included a British colloquialism

A troll. A good one. But still, a troll. Probably British.

Unless there are Brits at Turbine? Maybe there are?
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:58am by geoffhanna »  

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #162 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:20am:
Years ago most gamers played online games to *find* new friends, but in recent years the dynamic has shifted and the majority play online games to spend time with friends they already have.

I kind of agree with this, except I would like to throw out that to me it seems that folks want to play online with others, but want the game to be mostly solo.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #163 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:57am:
A troll. A good one. But still, a troll. Probably British.

Unless there are Brits at Turbine? Maybe there are?

Geoff, "sacked" certainly is not exclusively British.

I've used it on occasion albeit very rarely though.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #164 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 11:33am:
I would like to throw out that to me it seems that folks want to play online with others, but want the game to be mostly solo.

That's a really interesting observation, and one I hadn't considered before. Even if I'm soloing a quest (I prefer to group with friends, but if none are available I might or might not PUG) I like participating in general chat if there is an interesting discussion.

And I guess it fits the Facebook model too - everybody is doing their own thing, but they are talking with others about it.

Maybe Turbine should stop trying to get everybody into LFMs and work on making chat more socially friendly - more like news aggregators where you up or down voted other chat users and it always showed you posts of people you regularly up-voted, always hid posts of people you regularly down voted, and proportionally mixed in posts of people you haven't voted on or had a mixed record.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:27pm by Meursault »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #165 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:19pm:
Time Warner are a publically traded company. My guess is that anyone with a few shares and enough time and energy could track down some quarterly results.

nope.  WB barely lists Turbine and does not give a detailed P/L for it.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #166 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:29pm:
I'd love to hear more, that's the kind of details I was hoping majMal would share in, what was it, February?

you mean instead of coming to the vault, hat in hand, begging for start up funds?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #167 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:10pm:

no one uses that term in the US.  or CV.  or redundancy.  most people don't even know what those terms mean.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:10pm:

qft.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #169 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:38pm:
you mean instead of coming to the vault, hat in hand, begging for start up funds?

Well, yeah, though I was willing to settle for a little dig rather than rubbing his nose in it, but I'll take setup to your spike, nice one  Cool

Yobai wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:40pm:
no one uses that term in the US.  or CV.  or redundancy.  most people don't even know what those terms mean.

We use "sacked" and "redundancy" here in "New England", but CV is uncommon outside academia.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #170 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 2:10am:
No, because they won't be able to handle Madstone by LVL 8, and they'll get utterly lost just getting there.... ( and die a few time )
But at least it will kill the main whining reason for the lack of LFM ( I probably won't change anything on that side either ).

On the other side, the L33t streak assholes ( those that just can't break said streak once in a while [ we all know it takes half an hour to recover it ] ) will not be able to whine
that their strea was broken by a n00b...
And we also will see if they are so l33t as they say ( It takes skill to do Crucible at LVL 8 for example... even on Normal with a full party  )

with the underlevel bonus they can have a small epeen... and those that can handle it can have a large/big epeen.
If done the right way ( ok, I'm dreaming here... Turbine ) they can have more epeen level than the N/H/E streak ( say 5 for example )

What I've learned from this post is you are both gay, retarded, and French.  I've always suspected they were synonymous.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #171 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:40am:
L33ter, dirty dirty L33ter.

lol. Solo is the easiest setting. Though I have to admit I prefer pre-scaling. Also, I blew my streak to get certain mats before the easy-button dupping door closed. So that tells you right there, I couldn't get those mats 'l33t.

Hiding wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:45am:
Well maybe elite should be automatically scaled to 6 people then.

Instead of one size fits all, why not make scaling a fucking toggle in the settings? Leader sets it, with the default as is.

God damn fucking nonsense, all this "limit other people's options" bullshit, in an MMO modeled after an improvisational role-playing game.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #172 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 8:03pm:
Instead of one size fits all, why not make scaling a fucking toggle in the settings? Leader sets it, with the default as is.

God damn fucking nonsense, all this "limit other people's options" bullshit, in an MMO modeled after an improvisational role-playing game.

Smiley

Wow, what a breath of sanity that is!

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #173 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:32pm:
Smiley

Don't encourage him M.

Grin

And there's no chance of it being implemented if Turdbine think it is a good idea....    Undecided
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:05am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #174 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:32pm:

Shit. I am clearly not doing my job. I'm going to have a hard time looking Lovecraft in the eye, and that's not just because the hallucinations of teeth where his eyes should be are triggering my ondontophobia.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint