Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine circling wagons.... again (Read 50182 times)
qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Re: Turbine circling wagons.... again
Reply #50 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:05am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 10:23pm:
You just realized that you trapped yourself didn't you junior? ha ha ha.

Look at you squirm! we are already arguing junior, arguing over your silly silly statement that you can't back up.

You try a lame attempt at getting me to set the qualifications so you can cobble together some answers to a subject that you clearly know nothing about? Well that just won't fly. "We'll start with that"? sorry, but did you forget we already started, we started on your claim that you are now trying to avoid like the plague. Here let me refresh your memory:

Do you see those words in bold italic? "he's performed brilliantly"? those are you words and your judgment, not anyone else's. You don't say "other's think that" or even "some people might think that" no, you tell us that you think that Sev_Pay "he's performed brilliantly"

So go ahead tell us lad, how did you reach this conclusion of your's? how is it that in your mind using your personal standards that you were able to come to the conclusion that Sev_Pay has "performed brilliantly"? and by all means go into detail about what you guess a producer does, I have little doubt that your lack of any actual knowledge will be as hilarious as your attempts to squirm out of the trap you put yourself in.

Go ahead, were waiting!  Come on, don't be shy, tell us all what you think a producer does and how it is that Sev_Pay has "performed brilliantly".

What? still nothing? still trying to think of a way to squirm out of your statement? 

Dropbear, you have 12 hours to...   

Oh man, I just had a flashback to an earlier time in the forum.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #51 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:16am
Print Post  
qweeve wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:05am:

Case closed.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #52 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:19am
Print Post  

I didn't..... 
This is not the flashback you are looking for.....

Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:19am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:23am
Print Post  

This post has "performed brilliantly".
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:28am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:23am:
This post has "performed brilliantly".

Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Tranquil
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:56am
Print Post  
I for one, would be fascinated to hear someone explain just how anything about the abortion of a performance by DDO at large during the last three months could be called a success. 

Since March they lost 11% percent daily log-ins, not counting Ghallanda. The DDO store POS revenue is down 28% for the year so far. Update 25 failed to produce any subscription bump at all. The team is not going to be able to deliver Update 26 on schedule or even in one piece.

After the first week the feedback for the new class preview on Lammania has been overwhelmingly negative. Additionally the perceived value of the quality of input from this year's players council regarding the Warlock is at a company wide low. More than a few members of staff have remarked that the entire PC that was handpicked by Severlin had failed to make any of the types of observations concerning the short-comings of the new class that numerous Lammannia players were making by the score within the first day.

Lastly the inability of Severlin or the community team to competently address the occasional community-wide outcry over a variety of issues without escalating the situation, is a enormous problem. Today's effective leaders in the industry are expected to be able to use social media to the benefit of their employers and product, or at the very least have a staff that can do so for them.

To be quite frank someone needs to be sacked, and everyone within DDO knows that. The negative visual aspect of removing Severlin at this point in the cycle is quite likely the only thing keeping him in his position for the time being. 
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:08am by »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:28am
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:56am:
I for one, would be fascinated to hear someone explain just how anything about the abortion of a performance by DDO at large during the last three months could be called a success. 

Since March they lost 11% percent daily log-ins, not counting Ghallanda. The DDO store POS revenue is down 28% for the year so far. Update 25 failed to produce any subscription bump at all. The team is not going to be able to deliver Update 26 on schedule or even in one piece.

After the first week the feedback for the new class preview on Lammania has been overwhelmingly negative. Additionally the perceived value of the quality of input from this year's players council regarding the Warlock is at a company wide low. More than a few members of staff have remarked that the entire PC that was handpicked by Severlin had failed to make any of the types of observations concerning the short-comings of the new class that numerous Lammannia players were making by the score within the first day.

Lastly the inability of Severlin or the community team to competently address the occasional community-wide outcry over a variety of issues without escalating the situation, is a enormous problem. Today's effective leaders in the industry are expected to be able to use social media to the benefit of their employers and product, or at the very least have a staff that can do so for them.

To be quite frank someone needs to be sacked, and everyone within DDO knows that. The negative visual aspect of removing Severlin at this point in the cycle is quite likely the only thing keeping him in his position for the time being. 

While I cannot argue with your numbers (they are exactly what was relayed to me a few days ago), nor the outlook of the staff at DDO regarding the warlock, updates, players council. I will tell you that I think you have the situation regarding Sev_Pay totally wrong.

You make it sound like he is on the chopping block and that it could happen anytime, but the conclusion that I have drawn from the information within DDO is that Sev_Pay would have to murder a granny with a baseball bat on live television for the upper management at Turbine to even start to consider it. The DDO producer job is a poison chalice for anyone who takes it, no one was lining up for the position, and there was no significant pay grade hike. The qualified candidates have moved on in the industry. Upper management didn't want to pay what real producer talent costs for a game they see as winding down and Sev_Pay has been at a stalled career plateau for several years now, so they were a match made in corporate heaven. 
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:29am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #57 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
The DDO store POS revenue is down 28% for the year so far. Update 25 failed to produce any subscription bump at all. 

How do you know this bro?

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #58 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 10:50am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 10:19am:

Good question.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  

I have a guess or two.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:01pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  

Time Warner are a publically traded company. My guess is that anyone with a few shares and enough time and energy could track down some quarterly results.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #61 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:19pm:
Time Warner are a publically traded company. My guess is that anyone with a few shares and enough time and energy could track down some quarterly results.

I'm a shareholder, and my 126 page annual report had 4 lines about Turbine. Maybe it's out there, but it wasn't low hanging fruit. I'd love to hear more, that's the kind of details I was hoping majMal would share in, what was it, February?

@Tranquil, if you do have an inside contact with a brain, give him all the support and encouragement you can, it must be soul crushing to be aware and stuck in that festering pit of incompetence.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
I did a general search for this info and couldn't find it.  I wouldn't mind being pointed in the right direction to locate it myself.  Just by rumblings when I play most people claim to not be buying anything anymore...whether that is all hot air or not, I couldn't say.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #63 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
. . .More than a few members of staff have remarked that the entire PC that was handpicked by Severlin had failed to make any of the types of observations concerning the short-comings of the new class that numerous Lammannia players were making by the score within the first day.

The player's Council is full of tards because of Jerry.  Jerry's a tard and he likes people who like him cannot count to potato.  The PC should be packed with power gamers, diverse opinions are worthless when most of the pool involves people who eat lead paint chips.

He's just bad at his job, but if hew bans anyone who isn't an ass-kissing fanboy he might be able to fool people.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #64 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:29pm:
@Tranquil, if you do have an inside contact with a brain, give him all the support and encouragement you can, it must be soul crushing to be aware and stuck in that festering pit of incompetence.

His numbers sound believable, he's gotta have a contact or he's just a great troll.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #65 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:47pm:
The player's Council is full of tards because of Jerry.  Jerry's a tard and he likes people who like him cannot count to potato.  The PC should be packed with power gamers, diverse opinions are worthless when most of the pool involves people who eat lead paint chips.

He's just bad at his job, but if hew bans anyone who isn't an ass-kissing fanboy he might be able to fool people.

I'm guessing this is the REAL reason the PC is a failure this year.

Replace Jerry and I'll bet real money things will start changing for the better for DDO.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #66 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:50pm:
His numbers sound believable, he's gotta have a contact or he's just a great troll.

Agreed, though "inside" could mean a number of places. Turdbin is the obvious, but a contact at WB, a contractor, or even somebody on the cleaning staff could source that kind of information too.

If it is an inside job, I bet SeverancePay is furious. With Munk thrown from the PC and reasonable doubt lingering, a further leak could convince many people Sev acted impusively and childishly and punished the wrong person. Anything that undermines his leadership after the last few months of shakey ground could cost him a lot of political clout both in-house and in the game.

If it's a troll, it's a work of art, and I want to keep believing the lie  Grin

Of course, if it is a troll, Turdbin could publish the true numbers and clear it up, but that is a dangerous precedent.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Sacking Ninja is when it all went south.

ML worked reasonably well before the rush job on MotU.

After that they no longer cared about player feedback because they never had time to make serious changes.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
The DDO store POS revenue is down 28% for the year so far.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:53pm:
I'm guessing this is the REAL reason the PC is a failure this year.

Replace Jerry and I'll bet real money things will start changing for the better for DDO.

I 100% agree with that.. he's shown how much he hurts the business by alienating it's players and is terrible about allowing his "pets" to say and do anything they want right up until someone calls them out. He's a waste of space and bad at his job. He's biased, ignorant and completely clueless as to how the game is actually played.

This is from a player who has never been banned or had an infraction point. I know I know, I don't belong here Tongue I get it.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #70 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
they need someone better looking doing PR. its very simple to hire eye candy for us nerds

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:05pm:
they need someone better looking doing PR. its very simple to hire eye candy for us nerds

Yeah some titties would be nice... just not gross man titties...

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 9:53pm:
I'm not going to defend him.  I think he's bad for the game.  I don't think Warner would agree with that sentiment.  That's all.

I did not understand fully your previous posting. I agree that he is probably a golden child by turbine standards.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #73 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:18pm:
I did not understand fully your previous posting. I agree that he is probably a golden child by turbine standards.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king?

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #74 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Well, at least Buffy got a ban....hopefully a fucking permanent one.

I was getting pretty tired of his/her schtick.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint