Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine circling wagons.... again (Read 50220 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine circling wagons.... again
Reply #75 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:18pm:
I did not understand fully your previous posting. I agree that he is probably a golden child by turbine standards.

Didn't you hear? Severance has be performing brilliantly according to Ah Prick, whatever that means.

IP Logged

Tranquil
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:47pm:
The player's Council is full of tards because of Jerry.  Jerry's a tard and he likes people who like him cannot count to potato.  The PC should be packed with power gamers, diverse opinions are worthless when most of the pool involves people who eat lead paint chips.

He's just bad at his job, but if hew bans anyone who isn't an ass-kissing fanboy he might be able to fool people.

2015's Players Council was chosen primarily by Severlin. Summaries of the candidates were prepared for Severlin by Cordovan and a few others, they were all made aware of what Severlin was looking for in a Council member.

From the start Severlin had made it clear how he felt the selection process needed to be changed for this year. It was a integral part of his pitch to management, and briefings he took part in at the beginning of the year.  He outlined some rather high hopes for how he planned to steer the Council and and use proactive posting techniques, or PPT to deal with and disarm what was seen as the DDO forum community's boisterous and difficult relationship with production.

PPT and high visibility producers and/or publishers is a variation of techniques which were pioneered by the entertainment industry and publishing houses. It is now an emerging trend within the Game industry and is being widely adopted by publishers that are saddled with love/hate relationships between their core player base and production. It has been used successfully across the spectrum of games, but it requires a level social dynamism and EQ that many former coders don't come by naturally, as is the case with Severlin. 

When a PPT effort is headed by anyone who lacks those social skills or is unwilling to employ skilled assistants to act as a buffer for them things rarely turn out well.

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 10:40pm by »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #77 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:19pm:
Time Warner are a publically traded company. My guess is that anyone with a few shares and enough time and energy could track down some quarterly results.

No.  not really.

DoRayEgon wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 2:14pm:
I did a general search for this info and couldn't find it.  I wouldn't mind being pointed in the right direction to locate it myself.  Just by rumblings when I play most people claim to not be buying anything anymore...whether that is all hot air or not, I couldn't say.

That kind of specific information would not normally be publicly released or discernible from a subsidiary inside WB.

If they were looking to justify closing down a product line or division, then maybe.

Some smaller orgns are transparent with their internal reporting to their workforce, but I think Turdbine is too big and too regressive to allow sensitive commercial info into the general workforce.

My suspicion is that the numbers are either made up (unlikely), or from someone with access to that info.  Given Tranq's previous posts - I think it more likely we have an insider who isn't part of the Sev_Pay fanclub?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #78 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 10:36pm:
2015's Players Council was chosen primarily by Severlin. Summaries of the candidates were prepared for Severlin by Cordovan and a few others, they were all made aware of what Severlin was looking for in a Council member.

From the start Severlin had made it clear how he felt the selection process needed to be changed for this year. It was a integral part of his pitch to management, and briefings he took part in at the beginning of the year.  He outlined some rather high hopes for how he planned to steer the Council and and use proactive posting techniques, or PPT to deal with and disarm what was seen as the DDO forum community's boisterous and difficult relationship with production.

PPT and high visibility producers and/or publishers is a variation of techniques which were pioneered by the entertainment industry and publishing houses. It is now an emerging trend within the Game industry and is being widely adopted by publishers that are saddled with love/hate relationships between their core player base and production. It has been used successfully across the spectrum of games, but it requires a level social dynamism and EQ that many former coders don't come by naturally, as is the case with Severlin. 

When a PPT effort is headed by anyone who lacks those social skills or is unwilling to employ skilled assistants to act as a buffer for them things rarely turn out well.

Thank you for the insights.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #79 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:41pm
Print Post  

Yet another PERFECT example of the Peter Principle. Severlin trying to assuage the "masses" when he just plain sucks at anything social.

Well done Sev_pay.

Sev, learn a lesson from Dirty Harry and you'll do much better. That lesson is, "A man's got to know his limitations."

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #80 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:05pm:
they need someone better looking doing PR. its very simple to hire eye candy for us nerds

You mean like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nn-TKBxI9EI

Because I was thinking that someone like this is EXACTLY the sort of Customer Facing staffer DDO/ Turbine needs as an interface. And the sad thing is, it would likely be cheap to hire and pay for itself many times over.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #81 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:46pm
Print Post  

I thought a little more about this and, honestly, Sev doesn't need to learn the latest new-age, dealing-with-people claptrap.

The best thing for anyone who sets out to communicate with the public, no matter how demanding they might be, is to treat them the way you'd want to be treated. Tell them the truth and, whatever you do, don't tell half-truths or, as I like to call them, "non-lies." Be straight with people and trust them, as a group, to understand what you're trying to do.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:48pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #82 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:41pm:
You mean like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nn-TKBxI9EI

Because I was thinking that someone like this is EXACTLY the sort of Customer Facing staffer DDO/ Turbine needs as an interface. And the sad thing is, it would likely be cheap to hire and pay for itself many times over.

Seriously. You pick her. We know they can get Wesley, why did you not pick Felicia Day, and to answer her question, yes, yes I do.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #83 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Do you think having some hottie doing the Twitch every week instead of tons o'fun would actually bring in that many more people?

Do you think the problem is acquiring new people rather than retaining them after they hit level 4, get all fucked up in the harbour, run with Bigs on a "know it!" quest, can't climb up a ladder, and can't hit anything because they have a dwaraxe in each hand and hop around like bunnies?

These are semi-serious questions.  If you want new people, post some fucking ads.  And make those ads target new people, not people already playing who then go on the forums and exclaim "I'm seeing ads on Facebook!" as if that's indicative of anything other than good AI (irony, thy name is Larry).

I won't argue against eyecandy, but look at the numbers when the default server changes - you can still notice a bump.  There *are* new people coming in, they just don't stay.  At all.  Ever.  Increasing that number tenfold would be great, but they're not going to stick around because some video for an hour a week features boobs.

Probably.  Don't hold me to that.  You guys are still here, after all...

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #84 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:54pm:
Seriously. You pick her. We know they can get Wesley, why did you not pick Felicia Day, and to answer her question, yes, yes I do

I like Supernatural as much as anyone (even if they did jump the shark) but the point was that someone, indeed, ANYONE would be a step up from the fiasco they currently have doing customer interface. And she showed up early in the Google search.

Also, I know sweet-fuck-all about Felicia Day off-screen.

PS- I thought Wesley did a piss-poor job as DM. Wasted money, IMHO

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #85 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:31am:
... but they're not going to stick around because some video for an hour a week features boobs.

It sure the hell wouldn't hurt. At this point in the game, if Turd-bin actually wanted to increase the layer base, the cost of hiring a big titted girl to bounce in her chair while fumbling through Durks would be negligible compared to a massive advertising campaign.

Hell, shit like that would get more hits on youtube then funny cat videos.

I can't fucking stand watching their weekly videos with fat Jerry's down syndromed face on the screen. 

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #86 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:37am:
PS- I thought Wesley did a piss-poor job as DM. Wasted money, IMHO

I like the idea of it more than the implementation.  He's a huge D&D nerd.  That's cool.  But yeah, it didn't really work.  Random-ass quotes as you're trying to kill shit.

They should get him to do an open-ended chat on PRR and Ranged Power.   Grin

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #87 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Do you think having some hottie doing the Twitch every week instead of tons o'fun would actually bring in that many more people?

Do you think the problem is acquiring new people rather than retaining them after they hit level 4, get all fucked up in the harbour, run with Bigs on a "know it!" quest, can't climb up a ladder, and can't hit anything because they have a dwaraxe in each hand and hop around like bunnies?

These are semi-serious questions.  If you want new people, post some fucking ads.  And make those ads target new people, not people already playing who then go on the forums and exclaim "I'm seeing ads on Facebook!" as if that's indicative of anything other than good AI (irony, thy name is Larry).

I won't argue against eyecandy, but look at the numbers when the default server changes - you can still notice a bump.  There *are* new people coming in, they just don't stay.  At all.  Ever.  Increasing that number tenfold would be great, but they're not going to stick around because some video for an hour a week features boobs.

Probably.  Don't hold me to that.  You guys are still here, after all...

Attracting new players isn't the primary problem as you identify.  If you have a leaking water storage tank, pouring in more water is not a sustainable solution.
Through word of mouth, they are still getting new players (or lots of us making mule accounts).   Grin

There three prongs that need to be addressed.

1. Slow down the loss of existing customers - understand the reasons why (different groups have different reasons). Losing non-paying FTP accounts is lowest priority.  Losing VIP's and Premium is your biggest concern.

2. Enhance the Quality of game play - ie. QoL fixes - fix the serious and immersion breaking bugs.  Sure they don't make any direct sales, but they minimize people leaving the game and bad mouthing it.

3. Once you have those addressed, then find ways to bring new players in and keep them longer.  Fix the default class paths, make the first ten levels more new player friendly with more solo/small group friendly content, find ways to discourage inexperienced players from trying Elite content on 1st life - lots of things that need to be done to showcase the best of DDO to new players (before they experience the full buggy experience of DDO).

Having some celebs involved with the game would help to restore some coolness to the game and probably get people back.
Find a way to get Ed Greenwood for live stream chats, Vin Diesel, Felicia Day voicing some content - just make it an interesting enhancement without losing focus on the content and DnD experience.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 1:01am
Print Post  
When experienced people only want to run elite content, then the new players putting up LFMs for normal and hard runs wont get help.

And new players deciding to join elite content runs are either going to get carried, or carried but abused for costing 10% XP when they die over and over.

In my current TR I open up groups often and am prepared for the loss of XP and have to hold my tongue when I see insanely bad builds, knowing that if they play long enough they will learn... and next time around may not die as often.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #89 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 1:12am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:49am:
Fix the default class paths

Agreed on the rest; shit like this makes my neck veins throb.  It can't *possibly* be that hard, can it?  I'd redo that whole thing.

DDO's biggest strength (aside from the quickly-departing ties to pnp) is the build variability.  I'd hope most of us can agree on that.  The quests are ok, the loot blows, but that's the big advantage it has over the competition.

The problem with that is it's *really* easy to get to level 8 or 10 and start dying like a bitch all over the place.  Most of us can go down the feat list now pretty quickly and pick between two or three things, but when you start, it's overwhelming.  The pre-determined path is a great idea, but come on, it's so out of date it's probably just as bad as choosing random shit.

Find some serious builds - Cletus, Sestra, some pdk bard thing, a pure paladin, and just rip them off.  It's interesting when you get weaker in a game - I'm sure lots of us try and do some challenging things...  "Hmm, how about a dual-scimitar blah blah..."  When you first start though, you generally just want to smash shit.

- Destruktonat0r: TWF Barb, max str, whatever.
- Kill-proof: Paladin heavy armour easy-heal con/cha thing.
- Songstabber: Swash with some CC and decent heals.

We don't have to get them to 28, we just have to suck them in past 4 or 5.  Get them to 16, with "ZOMG EPIC" content on the horizon.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #90 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 1:17am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 1:01am:
In my current TR I open up groups often and am prepared for the loss of XP and have to hold my tongue when I see insanely bad builds, knowing that if they play long enough they will learn... and next time around may not die as often.

That's the fun part, no?  We're so caught up in grinding out everything - one more life, one more blade, one more level... you lose sight of the joy of not knowing what's around that corner.  If I get somebody new in a group, I'm following them!  It's vastly more entertaining to watch somebody try and figure out where to jump when they're getting sprayed with acid than to zerg through Spies for the 9 millionth time.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #91 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 2:02am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:49am:
Attracting new players isn't the primary problem as you identify.  If you have a leaking water storage tank, pouring in more water is not a sustainable solution.

You're goddamn right

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 2:02am
Print Post  
I guess I could follow but id rather not in elite content. Thats just going to cost me rez scrolls.

And the problem is new players dont seem interested in hard or normal content either. The game really has become 'elite or nothin'.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 2:21am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 2:02am:
And the problem is new players dont seem interested in hard or normal content either. The game really has become 'elite or nothin'.

this lies squarely at the feet of the bravery bonus streak

the bravery bonus needs to be removed and that xp dispersed among the difficulty levels of each quest

or the bravery bonus needs to stop being an 'all or nothing' penalty to the streak

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #94 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 1:12am:
Agreed on the rest; shit like this makes my neck veins throb.  It can't *possibly* be that hard, can it?  I'd redo that whole thing.

DDO's biggest strength (aside from the quickly-departing ties to pnp) is the build variability.  I'd hope most of us can agree on that.  The quests are ok, the loot blows, but that's the big advantage it has over the competition.

The problem with that is it's *really* easy to get to level 8 or 10 and start dying like a bitch all over the place.  Most of us can go down the feat list now pretty quickly and pick between two or three things, but when you start, it's overwhelming.  The pre-determined path is a great idea, but come on, it's so out of date it's probably just as bad as choosing random shit.

Find some serious builds - Cletus, Sestra, some pdk bard thing, a pure paladin, and just rip them off.  It's interesting when you get weaker in a game - I'm sure lots of us try and do some challenging things...  "Hmm, how about a dual-scimitar blah blah..."  When you first start though, you generally just want to smash shit.

- Destruktonat0r: TWF Barb, max str, whatever.
- Kill-proof: Paladin heavy armour easy-heal con/cha thing.
- Songstabber: Swash with some CC and decent heals.

We don't have to get them to 28, we just have to suck them in past 4 or 5.  Get them to 16, with "ZOMG EPIC" content on the horizon.

Serious builds require serious investment and are built around +6 stat tomes, raid gear, completionists etc. I wouldn't want newbies trying to build smth in the lines of 14 pally/6mnk Elf Dex-based monkcher and failing it miserably.

Default path builds need to be designed around 28pt, minimum investment and easy to understand, frontloaded with the best enhancements per level, given out starter packs with Cannith crafted gear/weaponry up to level 12. Slightly different starter packs depending on the Path. Granted at levels 1, 4, 8, 12. That's the sweetspot for f2p. If by that time a newbie isn't subbed or bought at least a pack, nothing will matter.

Just by having an updated path and the right gear will make their experience so-o-o-o-o-o much more pleasant and they'd also have easier time grouping with vets.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:15am
Print Post  

Simple fact is that effective spokespeople who are going to successfully promote and and entertain  need to be attractive or charismatic (preferably both), or at the very least they need to be presentable and likable.

As a rule gamers and coders don't need to be, but anyone who is going to be in the public eye has to make a effort.

Fat Jerry was originally brought in to moderate and run the community interface, his emergence as a public figure was never planned or managed. His experience in small market radio and as a fan make him suitable for pod-casts, and a possible bridge between Turbine and the fans. Yet even before he started showing up in videos that capacity to "connect" was all but gone in the wake of his moderation behavior, and how he allowed himself to be perceived. 

Like the larger population Jerry is not a aesthetically pleasing presence on video, at the risk of being cruel I will even go farther and say that Jerry's physical appearance and mannerisms in unguarded moments in recordings is a touch repulsive.

The world is not fair, attractive and charismatic people make better PR, and community relations personnel. It doesn't have to be a smoking hot young woman or even a woman at all, any male presenter that made a effort to represent Turbine in a professional way and convey a likable air would be a improvement over the current situation, Jerry Snook hurts Turbines bottom line.

And it goes beyond Jerry's physical appearance and mannerism issues, all his moderation mistakes, inadvertent insults, heavy handed tactics, blatant lies, failure to understand the game basics and legendary inconsistency of application make it impossible for people to separate Jerry from his moderation when he attempts to do PR.

The ideal situation for Turbine would be to have a competent community manager who is very knowledgeable about the game (or appears to be) that is a voice only heard in Text and known by their moderation and sense of humor rather than their face or voice.

Working in concert with that community manager would be a game-face, a active personality for the game who is attractive or charismatic and able to covey a sense of being a player or fan. Yes this is all rather calculated, but it has worked for a lot of games and it makes it easy for players to have a proxy investment in that face. For the Company, the face is a excellent buffer, the face-type provides updates, promotion, and entertainment. At the same time no one ever expects them to have on the spot answers to the type of tough questions that torpedo Fat Jerry and Sev_Pay on a regular basis because they "should know". Tough question? "oh wow! I don't know, I guess we will have to ask the team about that and let people know in next weeks twitch-stream.... yada yada yada... "

This isn't rocket science, games and cable channels, youtube channels have been running these types of personalities with great success for years to promote games, films, comics. G4 practically made it gospel for quite a while.

And talking heads that don't repulse? they come cheap, very cheap, bright-young things both male and female who need experience, exposure, and references are churned out by university media studies, and broadcasting programs, year after year. A smart company will keep a steady turn-over and year or two to maximize the effectiveness of that type of spokesperson.

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:18am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #96 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:28am:
Upper management didn't want to pay what real producer talent costs for a game they see as winding down and Sev_Pay has been at a stalled career plateau for several years now, so they were a match made in corporate heaven.

Well if you look at where he comes from... he was AC producer for quite a while before moving to DDO when it was announced that AC was going into Maintenance Mode.
So basically he is the Man That Put Games to Pasture, ensuring that some of the things that needs to be addressed before that are so at the lowest cost possible.

Bigjunk wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:47pm:
The PC should be packed with power gamers,

I Disagree, it shouldn't be packed with power gamers... It should be like last year, with some power gamers, some flower sniffer, some casuals and all...
But most importantly people that do know the game and the D&D system, as well as people that are critical when there's need to be critical, and that know
when to shut up.

2015's Players Council was chosen primarily by Severlin.

It was obvious that it wasn't Cordovan that selected them... While Cordovan has many problems in his relations with the community, he at least has a relatively fair sense of who in the community will bring interesting discussion and be critical...

HairyO wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 1:01am:
When experienced people only want to run elite content, then the new players putting up LFMs for normal and hard runs wont get help.

And new players deciding to join elite content runs are either going to get carried, or carried but abused for costing 10% XP when they die over and over.

Well it's been obvious for a few years now that Bravery Bonus and the No Death Bonus had to be killed, as they are hurting the game more than helping it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #97 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 2:30am:
Serious builds require serious investment and are built around +6 stat tomes, raid gear, completionists etc. I wouldn't want newbies trying to build smth in the lines of 14 pally/6mnk Elf Dex-based monkcher and failing it miserably.

Default path builds need to be designed around 28pt, minimum investment and easy to understand, frontloaded with the best enhancements per level, given out starter packs with Cannith crafted gear/weaponry up to level 12. Slightly different starter packs depending on the Path. Granted at levels 1, 4, 8, 12. That's the sweetspot for f2p. If by that time a newbie isn't subbed or bought at least a pack, nothing will matter.

Just by having an updated path and the right gear will make their experience so-o-o-o-o-o much more pleasant and they'd also have easier time grouping with vets.

This exactly Alex.
You cannot expect needs to be scroll casting Haste every 30 secs, Divine Might every 60 secs and activating half a dozen other action boosts and buffs every combat.

The build should be simple but effective.
Let them elect to have feats and enhancements selected for them, but explain it.
Allow them to override if they want.  Most won't.
The list of completely redundant feats and useless/broken enhancements is a major distraction.

Not that it is needed, but you could have gear drops at level 6 and 12 like Iconics get at 15.
This means newb players will at least have competitive gear, but can get better stuff from quests.  Call it a safety net for gear.

None of this is a lot of work, and as Ah Pook said, give them interesting names and it will add some flavour to the game as well.
The objective has to be to get them into the upper Heroics.
The casual difficulty is important for this as it allows new players to experience the content with little threat, then they can go back and play it on Normal or Hard. 
While Casual is scorned by vets, I recommend really new players to use it.  It really does ease the learning curve particularly as the difficulty steps up around lvls 8-12.

This stuff isn't brain surgery, nor is it new, why haven't they done any of this? There has been so many producers, yet none have sort to do anything different.   Are the internal update deadlines that mandatory that they can't see the forest for the trees?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #98 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:59am
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 7:56am:
Additionally the perceived value of the quality of input from this year's players council regarding the Warlock is at a company wide low. More than a few members of staff have remarked that the entire PC that was handpicked by Severlin had failed to make any of the types of observations concerning the short-comings of the new class that numerous Lammannia players were making by the score within the first day.

What the hell did they expect. There was no official discussion on the blast mechanics.

There was virtually no discussion at all on warlocks until it was time to discuss enhancement trees. The fail that is warlock is mostly due to the fact that all the important decisions were made behind the scenes by Turbine alone.

The PC is a waste of time, but you can't blame that on the "councilors". Council feedback on what was presented was fairly good. I'm not surprised the devs are blaming the council for the fail though, easier that than admitting to being clueless.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2015 at 5:01am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #99 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Q:
DropBear wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 4:29am:
This stuff isn't brain surgery, nor is it new, why haven't they done any of this? There has been so many producers, yet none have sort to do anything different.   Are the internal update deadlines that mandatory that they can't see the forest for the trees?

A:
Incompetence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint