Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Double rainbow average DPS (Read 2947 times)
fr8o
Dragon Raider

Double rainbow average DPS
Jun 2nd, 2015 at 12:52am
Print Post  
I have seen many sheets listing the double rainbow effects and what not, but has anyone seems numbers on average damage per hit?  Between odds of a hit procing an effect, odds of each effect, damage differences of single bursts/dots and what not it is a lot to work through.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Double rainbow average DPS
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Just guess.  Difference is marginal either way.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Probably easiest to Bruntsmash test it. Get an average with prism toggled on vs an average with prism toggled off. Maybe script the spell rotation to reduce error.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 5:12am
Print Post  
There is a big difference between the damage Shiradi does when used with spells and metamagic feats active or when used with ranged or thrown weapons. As an endgame weapon user the damage bonus of LD should do more damage than the damage from Shiradi procs. And you should be able to keep the stacks maxed with manyshot/10kstars/fusilade/doubleshot anyway. Shiradi is just for getting primal past lives or when you need the CC from nerve venom/pin/whistle. If Shiradi does more damage than LD your weapon damage + attribute bonus before melee power is gimped (even as a shuricannon with 1d2 weapon die).

For casters with metas, good spellpower and multi-proc spells on the other side Shiradi can be nice because it is a good damage option without a DC and has built in CC. If you can go toe to toe with the mobs and have a good enough DC DI does more damage than Shiradi imho, but if mobs tend to save against you elemental burst you are better off spamming MM in Shiradi.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
The average damage of Double Rainbow is lower than it was at U14, while most of its competitors have used their scaling to keep surging forward. As sad as it is to say, they've powercrept fun procs as a viable playstyle right out of contention if you're a ranged character.

That was my playstyle since 2010, and, personally, I just can't bring myself to log back in and play something else.

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
In this case I am running a thrower LD and all trash fall to fast to care about, but I want to up my dps vs bosses so looking at twists for this purpose.  Most twists whistler etc only really assist with trash.  So now looking at twisting in prism/double rainbow or Echoes of the Ancestors: Primal for +1 dex and 10% attack.  But without numbers on rainbow it is a tough call.  May do the math later, just hoped someone had already done it to save me the effort.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
fr8o wrote on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 7:19pm:
In this case I am running a thrower LD and all trash fall to fast to care about, but I want to up my dps vs bosses so looking at twists for this purpose.  Most twists whistler etc only really assist with trash.  So now looking at twisting in prism/double rainbow or Echoes of the Ancestors: Primal for +1 dex and 10% attack.  But without numbers on rainbow it is a tough call.  May do the math later, just hoped someone had already done it to save me the effort.

The procs change every update, so it's probably not worth bothering. If someone does, I'm curious about the numbers though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint