Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 2100 ToEE chests opened, zero named items drop. (Read 20554 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: 2100 ToEE chests opened, zero named items drop.
Reply #25 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 7:54pm:
Will your response be any different at 5,000?

Yes. He'll change 5,000 to 10,000.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #26 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 7:52pm:
I guess it is a good thing that nothing in there is worth farming. Congratulations on wasting no only your time, but our time as well reading this nonsensical drivel.

Do not be a dick, Dick!

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #27 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:47pm:
Check out Assassin's Kiss. If you don't have an assassin, nevermind.

haha check out sky pirate's dagger?

Ok not the same, but still the same crit profile.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #28 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 5:18am
Print Post  
I am going to get flak for this but I'd rather have "mythic" ( super rare - like it would be nice to have but you can't really "farm" it, it drops when it drops ) than everybody having their stuff after a day or two.
Shit should be tradeable though.
Does every ddo player have some ocd "must have item now or else" disorder or what ?

For the record, I have seen dagger, orb and bow, less than 20 runs combined, all EE.
~ 500 Grilled rusties, ~ 70 of each color shrooms.
I bought heavy armour from the asah though, didn't have any luck. Might make air khop for my pally, not sure yet.

"I spent xyz amount of money and I still don't have mah item" - get the fuck outta here.

Or I am just kidding and fully agree with you if it means you are gonna make more fun of Ironclown on the motherforums.

« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 5:32am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #29 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Life is better when you drop out of the grind marathon. Accept less-than-optimal gear sets and be free! Wink

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #30 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 5:18am:
Does every ddo player have some ocd "must have item now or else" disorder or what ?

Yes.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #31 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 11:23pm:
Yes. He'll change 5,000 to 10,000.

nope, he'll probably change it for Over 9000.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #32 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:26pm:
After 1.5K EE VoL runs without a Mythic Helm from there makes this guy`s 2100 tries statement legit even with the usual inflated numbers people pull out of their asses to make their point...

WAI move on.

Wow. Now I understand why this guy flung all the Astral Shards he owned at me for it when I pulled one. I didn't even really ask, just pointed out I was a relatively casual player and I am sure he could use it better but some pocket money for shinies would be quite nice?

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #33 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 5:18am:

I would prefer to have a reliable means of getting something I want beyond praying to RNGesus to bestow me with his glorious luck.  Even if I had to farm 100,000 mushrooms to upgrade a ml1 weapon to a mythic weapon that would be preferable to the RNG grind that currently exists.

That is why green steel and thunderforged are awesome.  You aren't always guaranteed a lot of parts for the stuff there, but over time you can consistently farm it in small, repeatable steps to get what you want.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Hammertop
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
I'm not so much gagging to have a named item at this point because I have T3 Thunderforged weapons.

Yet as I went on, getting the circuits done faster and faster and pulling more and more REchests I kept expecting to see something drop. Eventually at some point I became curious as to how long it would take. Especially in light of the various drop rate claims made and poo-poo'd on the forums and here, so I figured I could ride it out.

But I did think it was excessively poor drop rates by 1000 chests, by 1500 I was pretty crazy pissed, by 2000 I was zen, by 2100 I figured that I should post on the forums about it, as it was nearing drop-rate numbers that everyone had scoffed at.

I really think many (not all) people on the forums just say they have item x,y, and z to sound credible and to be "cool" when they really haven't run ToEE much and have not pulled any of the named items.

You will see the elemental victory around, but on Khyber at all hours of the day you can go weeks without ever seeing a character using a named item, or even a cosmetic of one. While you will see a upgradeable weapon armor at least once a week.

Anyway, the quest contiues, I took a break Thursday and plan on getting back after it tonight. Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes?

I guess when U26 comes out I will have to restart the count if I haven't pulled a named item by then.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 12:27pm by »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #35 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I guess when U26 comes out I will have to restart the count if I haven't pulled a named item by then.

Don't get too optimistic. A shitty drop rate that's increased 2x is now merely a crappy drop rate.

Before I found out what the drop rates actually were, I wasted about 450 AS on rerolls for the pyramid chest in ToEE part 2. After I found out what the drop rates were, I swore to NEVER waste shards on a chest re-roll EVER again. I haven't even stepped foot in ToEE since. It's just a HUGE waste of time IMO.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #36 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 1:19pm:
Before I found out what the drop rates actually were, I wasted about 450 AS on rerolls for the pyramid chest in ToEE part 2. After I found out what the drop rates were, I swore to NEVER waste shards on a chest re-roll EVER again.

And in two sentences, you've explained exactly why Turbine gets so pissed at Rodrak (and the Vault for that matter).  Wink

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 1:19pm:
Before I found out what the drop rates actually were, I wasted about 450 AS on rerolls for the pyramid chest in ToEE part 2. After I found out what the drop rates were, I swore to NEVER waste shards on a chest re-roll EVER again. I haven't even stepped foot in ToEE since. It's just a HUGE waste of time IMO.

GooFY wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:00pm:
And in two sentences, you've explained exactly why Turbine gets so pissed at Rodrak (and the Vault for that matter). 

Yup.  Friend did the same - 600 shards or so going for something.  Didn't get it, and when I showed him the drop rate stats, he went off the rails.  Didn't sign in for two weeks.   Grin

They knew exactly what they were doing when they added the reroll button (and almost got away with that "shitty" UI where you click it instead of loot all).

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #38 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
And in two sentences, you've explained exactly why Turbine gets so pissed at Rodrak (and the Vault for that matter).  Wink

You would think it would teach them to not be dick-fucks about the drop rates, but no.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
The only times that I have had decent luck with shard re-rolls, and have felt justified in using them is in Haunted Halls and epic Necro content.

I would be so fucking angry if I had drop 450 before Rodrak posted the drop rates. My condolences Arkat.

and OP? 2100? you got to get a life man.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:28pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #40 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I understand that ToEE droprates are really shitty, but grinding "EH + solo" is kinda bad in on itself.
At least invite some bodies to pull the lewts if you can.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:32pm:
I understand that ToEE droprates are really shitty, but grinding "EH + solo" is kinda bad in on itself.
At least invite some bodies to pull the lewts if you can.

With the spoiled Epic Stonepletionists that haven`t ran a quest in 2 years with 500 T3 TF weapons and armors??

Noty

I am not an ass (most of the times) if someone wants to flag i open it but when i am done with the end fight.

Everytime i opened it while doing objectives its usually

-Hi
*Yellow Alert*
*Orange Alert*
*Red Alert *
*Ding*
-Sorry i got lost
-Come rez me asshole i wanna loot
-NVM
Cake Ding Cake Ding Cake Ding Cake Ding
-I dunno what`s wrong i did 120 MoDs so far (by afk piking while other people do the raid) and have all the gear why i die?

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #42 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:09pm:
With the spoiled Epic Stonepletionists that haven`t ran a quest in 2 years with 500 T3 TF weapons and armors??

Noty

I am not an ass (most of the times) if someone wants to flag i open it but when i am done with the end fight.

Everytime i opened it while doing objectives its usually

-Hi
*Yellow Alert*
*Orange Alert*
*Red Alert *
*Ding*
-Sorry i got lost
-Come rez me asshole i wanna loot
-NVM
Cake Ding Cake Ding Cake Ding Cake Ding
-I dunno what`s wrong i did 120 MoDs so far (by afk piking while other people do the raid) and have all the gear why i die?

I hear you bro and it happens quite often, but what are the other options?
6 box the quest like LeDouche? (at least he spends TP on 6 accounts, so that counts for smth)
SMH...

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 4:16pm:
I hear you bro and it happens quite often, but what are the other options?
6 box the quest like LeDouche? (at least he spends TP on 6 accounts, so that counts for smth)
SMH...

Nah fuck that.

I don`t even have a Mule Account if i get banned one day i want to never be able to come back to this cancerous game.

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 2:34pm:
You would think it would teach them to not be dick-fucks about the drop rates, but no.

why should they? Turbine has proven that idiots will buy anything, even items that will be nerfed in a couple months. Turbine would sell an expansion with plans to close the doors 3 days later and laugh at the customers that would buy it.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #45 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that it's possible to waste your time, but thanks for that input.

I guess you cannot view it as such seeing as you are willing to run TOEE over 2100 times.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #46 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:47pm:
Check out Assassin's Kiss. If you don't have an assassin, nevermind.

I have an assassin that needs no gear. It is called Denibrut.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #47 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 5:02am:
Do not be a dick, Dick!

I am only a dick because I care, is that so wrong?

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #48 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:12pm
Print Post  

LOL, and despite their best efforts, they can't make us go away. All they can do is push us to venues they exercise even less control over. The Vault is getting linked from the DDOWiki, and ranks higher than the official forum for many DDO related searches, that must really yank Cordo's chain  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #49 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:09pm:
I have an assassin that needs no gear. It is called Denibrut.

That ain't no assassin; it's a nerf cannon.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint