Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 2100 ToEE chests opened, zero named items drop. (Read 20550 times)
Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: 2100 ToEE chests opened, zero named items drop.
Reply #50 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:18pm:
why should they? Turbine has proven that idiots will buy anything, even items that will be nerfed in a couple months. Turbine would sell an expansion with plans to close the doors 3 days later and laugh at the customers that would buy it.

hahaha!

And you'd have people on the forums saying "it was worth it, I got to play the content."

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #51 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 8:47pm:
hahaha!

And you'd have people on the forums saying "it was worth it, I got to play the content."

That's by far the weirdest part about that closing thread.

"Hey, we're assholes, so here's your money back."
"No thanks!  What a great three months that was!  Keep it!"

Shocked

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:06am
Print Post  
When ToEE was live on Lammania I looked at the info and thought , "hmm, those weapons are inferiour to TF weapons.

Then I looked at the recipees and thought, "hmm, the grind to get those items finished will be insane. I am not grinding like that for gear that is not best in game".

When I did the quests on live servers I was not particularly impressed. There is a lot of quests that I would rather do than ToEE. I have done part one twice, and part 2 once.

But I do not see a problem with that. I just do stuff I enjoy doing and grind for gear that is worth grinding for.

ToEE is like the titan raid.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:07am by DDONoob »  
IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:42am
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:06am:

Except that the titan raid was actually relevant at some point in it's history, Temple of Elemental Errors? not so much.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 7:08am
Print Post  
A new thread needs to appear on mb. One wherein posters ask if all the new content will be in the mold of toee. Where drop rates are shit and saves are buffed to insane levels. Like, mobs making saves while held. And having secret fom buff that doesnt show up on examine. 1k a swing earth elles with true seeing.

This will divide the fanboys and the not-fanboys alike. Then the casuals will come in with the 1% of player base argument. Fran will spam exclamation marks. blackheart will complain it's too easy. others will remark on how they made the saves high to beat mem pot dupers. chai will say it's to increase store sales, p2w, and that he invented dnd. Uska will post one liners 18 separate times in the first 4 pages. cetus will ask for kensei buffs. what a glorious thread that would be.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:42am:
Except that the titan raid was actually relevant at some point in it's history, Temple of Elemental Errors? not so much.

True dat  Huh

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #56 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:34am
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:06am:

Strange, you signed for it ( as part of the Saturday Raidathon ) tonight.  Grin

Now like said above : Titan used to be relevant when Cap was 12.
Raidathon at that time was : Tempest Spine + Velah or Tempest Spine and Titan or Tempest spine + Kween.

It was taking too long to do more during an evening...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #57 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 7:08am:
This will divide the fanboys and the not-fanboys alike. Then the casuals will come in with the 1% of player base argument. Fran will spam exclamation marks. blackheart will complain it's too easy. others will remark on how they made the saves high to beat mem pot dupers. chai will say it's to increase store sales, p2w, and that he invented dnd. Uska will post one liners 18 separate times in the first 4 pages. cetus will ask for kensei buffs. what a glorious thread that would be.

That's uncanny, will you help me find my missing pet?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #58 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
A new thread needs to appear on mb. One wherein posters ask if all the new content will be in the mold of toee. Where drop rates are shit and saves are buffed to insane levels. Like, mobs making saves while held. And having secret fom buff that doesnt show up on examine. 1k a swing earth elles with true seeing.

Needs more Kawai, bruh.
Barely intelligible nonsense, tryharding to be edgy, but only "special" kind of people can decipher her "contributions".  Grin

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:48pm:
Needs more Kawai, bruh.
Barely intelligible nonsense, tryharding to be edgy, but only "special" kind of people can decipher her "contributions".  Grin

That stupid bitch, she went after the OP of the drop thread with some inane post where she pretends to be a judge hearing a case. These special flowers on the forums are so in love with themselves.

Did she pile onto Rodrak when he posted the drop rates last month? I curious, but too lazy to shift the all the butthurt pally posts condemning the "fake numbers"  to find out.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #60 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 2:51pm:
That stupid bitch, she went after the OP of the drop thread with some inane post where she pretends to be a judge hearing a case. These special flowers on the forums are so in love with themselves.

Did she pile onto Rodrak when he posted the drop rates last month? I curious, but too lazy to shift the all the butthurt pally posts condemning the "fake numbers"  to find out.

I think the only one who gave that guy a particularly hard time with those numbers was Ironclam.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
The OP took Ironclerk down pretty nicely, a couple of pages later Kawai stepped in to defend the by then silent Ironlung.   

Here it is, the crazy cow calls it "case dismissed" it's reply #93
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461101-2100-Temple-of-Elemental-Evil-r...

She sure thinks a lot of herself, I think Malcolm said it best:
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:48pm:
Needs more Kawai, bruh.

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:03pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #62 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  

Wow, that is a really cogent summary of most mobo threads!
Nice work Rubbins.
It really would be nice to be able vote people off the forums like in a reality show.
[daydreaming] It would be so nice to one day say, "Uska, the votes are in and you are the weakest link, good bye!"
[daydream ends].  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #63 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:56pm
Print Post  

I think this needs to be set to music.  Perhaps to the tune of "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things" or "What a Wonderful World it Would Be".

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
The OP has moved on from ToEE, I guess instead of farming randos he decide to insight a riot:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461268-Improved-Critical-feat-what-is-...

You must read reply number 41

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint