Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) I love the Forums on the weekend. (Read 16241 times)
Shellfish
Ex Member

I love the Forums on the weekend.
Jun 7th, 2015 at 6:37am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461219-Update-Let-s-fix-bugs?p=5627468...

With Cordocan't off for the weekend small proxy wars flicker between the Fanbois and Trolls. Really the only time you get to see tools like Uurineinmymouth getting burned after posting his asslicking like this:

Community Member

Quote:
UurlockYgmeov's Avatar Join Date
Aug 2006
Quote Originally Posted by Crane_Mace  View Post
...stuff...
I am not a Developer for Turbine, nor do I work for any part of Warner Brothers. (*disclaimer I have worked for some part of DnD in one form or another (will not disclose) before)

I am not on the Players Council, nor have I been. I probably will not be in the future.

I am a daily player and reader of forums, watcher of livestreams by Dev's and Turbine employees; and do participate in Dev events on Lamannia. (Daily play will be subject to change in the near future)

I have at least half a brain, and do have developer experience (again, will not disclose any more details, nor can I).

I pay attention and am extremely observant and insightful (or so I've been told many many MANY times).

I can only paraphrase, but it has been said in numerous ways, in numerous formats by numerous official people basically what I said.

What did I say? Well I said that the Dev's have continual, often never publically documented, fixes and upgrades to the game.

So to remind everyone of this : Every software company has continual fixes and upgrades to any and all live software. e.g. Windows update; Mac Update; Linux builds; EllisDee37's Character Builder Lite (see link in my sig).

So to summarize and to reinform you of what I have told you I would say, and then said what I was going to say: DDO continually has internal bug fixes and upgrades they don't tell us about, and nor should they.

HAND!

After Uurine posted it the guy he was hassling dropped this truth-bomb on him:

Quote:
Community Member

Just to be clear for anyone keeping score, you are saying that you are not a developer, not a Turbine employee and not a players council member. Fine, expected as much.

So now, that means you're working with the exact same facts and information that I have. I play daily and read and view all the sources you named plus more beyond that. Additionally I actively participate in all dev events in Lammania and live. Lucky for me I also have a full brain (your implied brain insult was breaking the COC by the way) and daily I am being told just how observant, insightful, terribly clever, and detail oriented that I am. How great are we eh?

And while we both have identical data and reasoning, there is one thing it appears that you have the I don't, A Agenda.

Because I treat DDO, Turbine, and the Development team in a dispassionate, unbiased, and rational matter I am able to offer a far more cognizant observation than a that of a long self-declared fan/defender like yourself. Your love of the game, Turbine, and the team blind you to the obvious facts regarding long standing bugs, and the eternal known issues list. You are a self appointed volunteer public relations rep, who cannot make or abide any statements that do not sing the praises of Turbine and this game.

Since I am a more recent arrival and have not tied myself so closely to the game or it's developers I able able point out the good and bad freely, with clear eyes in hopes that the team will take note and strive to fix problems.

Apologists for the game like yourself hurt it much more than your blind devotion ever helps it. While developers appreciate support, they need real feedback not spin to keep the ship on course.

So, as I said before the numerous legacy bugs and the lag should be addressed without any further delay, and I will go farther to say they should be dealt with as the highest priority, even at the cost of new content for the time being.

If this was weekday? that wouldn't last a hour before Fatty scrubbed it off.

Weekends are the best.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2015 at 7:22am by »  

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: I love the Forums on the weekend.
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Why exactly you made the font size of the quoted posts -20?

Either way, Uurlock is both gay and retarded (will not disclose any more details).

IP Logged

Shellfish
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Sorry, fixed it.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Nice, you fixed it up quite well.
GJ OP!

Also, Crane_Mace has delivered and he delivered it well!
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 12:26am by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

Shellfish
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 7:23am
Print Post  
I'm new to the vault, I will pick it up.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2015 at 7:23am by »  

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry, fixed it.

Thought you did it on purpose Smiley

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
LOL, that's awesome, Uurlock is such a whiny annoying twerp and that's a direct hit by CraneMace, maybe even a crit. He caught the hang of things pretty quick with only 3 posts, I may go pile on some reputation. Though I don't want to encourage him too much lest he get himself banned by Monday  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Your right OP, weekend on the forums rule,

Grin that is a good thread! very funny.

Cranemace certainly got under Uudork's skin quickly, that Turbine stooge broke the forum rules about half a dozen times trying to take down Cranemace.

He had to be pissed by all the posts supporting Cranemace's response.

Cranemace posted another response poking holes in Uudorks story, same tone. Guessing he will be out on his ear first thing tomorrow.

Pffft these forum celebs have the thinnest fuckin skin.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:52pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Yep, its a belter alright.

Wierd how a fanboi can describe perfectly the attributes of a fanboi and then not realise he's a fanboi.

Then again, maybe not

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
oh dear....

Lets see :

Worked for PnP Publication : Check.... between all the stuff I've done for fanzines and the fact that my name appears somewhere in the credits of an ICE ( Shadow World ) supplement it should fit. ( I forgot : putting in place the first French webpages for Shadow World for the GROG, and semi-maintaining the French RM/MERP mailing list for a few years )

Worked in coding : Check... I suspect programming a complete graphic library for a VGA screen and a 68000 processor in assembler count as coding... then spending a few years troubleshooting bugs ( again in assembler ) in telco systems.

So basically I have the same fucking pedigree than the Whiny Kobold.

I know I can be whiny, gay and retarded when I set my mind to it.... but still not THAT whiny, gay and retarded.

This one is precious too :

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461219-Update-Let-s-fix-bugs?p=5627637...
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2015 at 3:39pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
for posterity :
Whiny Kobold :
Quote:

Well you didn't read very well. I DO have Developer experience and DO have commercial software (code) writing experience (at the microcode, os, and app level).

I do not apologize for the game, and most certainly am subjective with what I say because everyone perceives things differently.

I do not think the game is perfect, in fact far from it. I DO perceive the game is going in the right direction and DO understand that limited resources are the normal, and that we as players need to be (somewhat) understanding and be willing to work with the Dev's in making sure our game survives another 10 years.

I DO understand that many more bugs are fixed than ever reported, and the number of fixes and upgrades if disclosed would astound you. This is industry standard - standard the entire world over.

This game is over 10 years old (yes OVER 10 because the core engine and core code was being written before it was made public even in Beta).

And because I have been here from basically the beginning I have an OBJECTIVE overview of the entire life of this game, and its bugs and its lag; this game is in great shape and continues to evolve and progress in a player positive direction.

Calling this game unplayable - well go play DDO for Dummies then or another game - all of whom have more bugs and lag than DDO (this is especially true of WoW) - and go play amongst the bots (the number of bots directly correlates to just how boring the game is (ie more bots = more boring))

You are entitled to your subjective perspective and corresponding opinions, as is everyone else. Saying you are objective is misleading; saying you are without agenda is also misleading; saying that you are lead by facts alone is also misleading. You are (I am presuming) a human and therefor subject to all human conditions including perspective bias. A large part of your bias is an account started in this month of the current year (which makes me ponder many tangents concerning very recently started accounts with its only posts in this thread).

My opinion of your opinion has been stated. I play the game and will continue to do so because I enjoy doing so. I readily admit my Player-centric bias.

Answer from Crane :
Quote:

-*-No I read it just fine, as you pointed out: You are not a DDO developer, you do not write code for DDO, you are not on the players council, and you do not work for Turbine.

So as I pointed out to you before this means that you and I have all the same data and nigh identical reasoning capacity, as I have developer experience and wrote code for a living as well, Twinsies!

The only thing that you have that I don't have is the aforementioned agenda, which 45-70% of you posts illustrate on a daily basis. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with having agenda so don't puff up about it please, it's existence is empirically manifest you posting history. No one who had read your excellent and often funny post history could ever arrive at the conclusion that you are objective in regards to the game and any problems it may have. But don't feel too bad, loyalty is a excellent quaulity, just not objective.

Because of your personal investment in the game and the agenda that it drives you make a great many assumptions. To say something so bald as "many more bugs are fixed than ever reported, and the number of fixes and upgrades if disclosed would astound you." is just wishful thinking without access to the data that you would only have access to as a Dev, PC, Turbine employee, all of which you have admitted that you are not.

No amount, or depth of personal experience as you claim to have, would allow someone to just know the amount of bug fixing Turbine has or has not done without the real kind of data and facts not available to a fellow on the outside like you and I. All that your extensive last post did was to give voice to your hopes for the game regarding bugs and lag

I on the other hand do not have agenda driven by intense personal in the game, if you would like to continue to hint as you did that do have a agenda, I would have to insist that you provide some facts or examples of that... other than the fact that I disagreed with you on this issue.

Since late last year I have paid to play this game, and I continue to do so, but unlike yourself I look at it with rational and realistic eyes. By examining all the data and information available I have no choice but conclude that bugs and lag continue to exist unabated, in fact several are years old. Turbine's failure to address them is a genuine problem for a newer players like myself, the bugs and lag threaten the retention of us, why would I stay with a game that can't fix a problem like lag or bugs? things that I have been dealing with as a player and a customer every month since I started playing?

Unlike you, I don't have a decade of play invested in the game, so it is much easier for someone like me to take a step back look at a problem and see that they haven't fixed the vast majority of problems that affected the quality of game play when I started 9 months ago.

-*-You know there is something that I just don't get about you Uur, why don't you support other posters when they ask the publisher to hold off on new content until they can get a handle on the bugs and lag?

Is your knee-jerk reaction to anyone who points out a real problem Turbine has so bad that you can't see that these are players willing to forego new content so that Turbine can get the game in it's best shape. Can't you see that urging Turbine to get it's DDO house in order is what is best for the game you love? These posters are willing to deny themselves new quests and loot if it will give the publisher the time and resources to sort the problems out, but you just attack them and try to diminish the validity of their grievances out of habit.

That doesn't help the game's long term potential, it only serves to endorse poor short term thinking on the part of the publisher all while you and those like you keep running interference and apologizing for their subpar performance and product.

You and those like you have a very unhealthy relationship with the game, Turbine continues to fail to fix it's problems while you continue to pretend there are none. You are enabling Turbine to drive something beautiful that you love into the ground when you do that.

Like I said, very unhealthy.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
That is a Killer take down, good stuff.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2015 at 4:32pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Did you see that troll-trap post Steve Howe wrote after that:

Steve Howe wrote:
Quote:
Crane_Mace,

I have it on good authority Uurlock and Cordovan are RL friends. I'd bet real money that is why Uurlock will never be on the PC (conflict of interest?). It would also explain the volunteer public relations rep behavior you seem to have observed in your post above. Finally, it explains some of what appears to be some "insider knowledge" you questioned Uurlock about.

Right there is some fine blocking for his buddy Uurdork who is currently down for a three count after that kick in the nuts Crane gave him.

That sticky little post of Mr. Howe is just inviting Crane to go off on Cordovan, favoritism, etc.. so they can jump him.

Don't take the bait Cranemace! don't do it!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jun 7th, 2015 at 4:32pm:
Right there is some fine blocking for his buddy Uurdork who is currently down for a three count after that kick in the nuts Crane gave him.

That sticky little post of Mr. Howe is just inviting Crane to go off on Cordovan, favoritism, etc.. so they can jump him.

Don't take the bait Cranemace! don't do it!

Their tears will be delicious

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Now Uurdork is posting that the thread is bad and that it should be cubed.

What a whiny little bitch.

"Whaaaa they are picking on me! shut it down Jerry! shut it down!"

IP Logged

Residue
Korthos Resident

down trodden, with the
rest of you refuse

Reply #15 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 7th, 2015 at 8:52am:
LOL, that's awesome, Uurlock is such a whiny annoying twerp and that's a direct hit by CraneMace, maybe even a crit. He caught the hang of things pretty quick with only 3 posts, I may go pile on some reputation. Though I don't want to encourage him too much lest he get himself banned by Monday  Roll Eyes

While your at it, please pass him a vault invite via PM so we can high five  Cool

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
CraneMace - love your work bro.

That was truly an enjoyable read.

+1

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #17 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Dear Crane-Mace:

Your work is fucking magical.

Hearts and Flowers;
MB

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #18 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Crane_Mace

Smiley

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Crane_Mace again.

Quote:
UurlockYgmeov:
Quote:
Insider information? I have zer0 insider information; am just a humble player who pays attention and reads between the lines and sees trends. BTW what I do in RL, I have been told that I am quite well known for this and that it allows me to do my job better than most.

Glad to see you acknowledge this once again, you have no more data than the rest of us who take the time to do research. The only difference is that you have a agenda which is well established by your post history. Don't take that wrong, there is nothing wrong with having a agenda, nothing at all.

But that agenda and the role that you have created for yourself in pursuit of said agenda make you biased concerning this thread, and prompt you to make extraordinary generalizations in defense of your position. Generalizations that you could in no way back up with hard facts as you are not privy to the inner workings of DDO. You do not know how many bugs are dealt with, you cannot as you are not a developer with access to that data. So when you try to silence the OP by suggesting so many bugs are being fixed all the time you are speaking from your heart, not facts.

I have little doubt that your heart is in the right place, but what you are telling every one "is happening" is in fact just what you are "hoping is happening" because you don't really know because you don't have access to those facts.

Little terms like "reading between the lines" are red flags that someone is seeing what they want to see, which leads to people basing statements and judgments on a hunch or a subjective desire, not facts and objective reasoning.

Now there would be no problem with you doing that, after all everyone has a right to a opinion. The problem (a big one) is that you repeatedly and habitually attempt to silence those you disagree with by pretending your hunches, hopes, and opinions are established facts... which they are not. Even more problematic is that you regularly attempt to portray that your "facts" are from some remarkable source of information not available to the masses, or some arcane method of data analysis that only someone as "special and clever" as you could make.

This of course is not true, as we finally established you have no more access to information or data than the rest of us who follow the game closely do, because you are not a Dev, or on the PC, or a Turbine emloyee. You read and analyze the same data that the rest of us have access to, nothing more.

What you do have, is a agenda and a desperate need to be right or at least perceived as being right. Whereas I have no dog in this fight, other than wanting the game's numerous bugs that were present when I joined 9 months ago to at last be fixed. Furthermore, I really don't care if anyone thinks that I am right or not, I just want the vast list of bugs dealt with in a timely and professional manner. And I would like myself and others to be able to share conclusions and discuss them rationally without someone like yourself attempting to silence and invalidate our posts with the troubling and disingenuous tactics of the type you have used repeatedly today.

Finally, you have complained that this thread has "gone bad" and should be closed, that is the last refuge of someone who has been talking out of his hat and doesn't like any scrutiny of his position, access, and data. The thread was just fine, until you felt the need to double down repeatedly with the outlandish and unsubstantiated claims of how those of us who agreed with the OP didn't know about all the amazing bug fixes that were being done in secret all the time, but somehow you did know about it and you were able to find some data no one else could, and that we should take your word as gospel because you insisted on repeating it again and again.

As I warned you before, this blind support and attack agenda do a great deal of harm to the game especially in regards to the retention of new players like myself.

So, if you really want to help the game? in the future you will simply state your opinions without framing them as "facts" and try to stop talking down to others and refraining from putting on airs.

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Crane rolled a 20
Critical hit!

That is such a awesome responses and rightly so, he should take it up to the higher ups!

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Someone defeats the most hardcore fanboys with logical arguments and facts without being frustrated by their density and their firewall of stupidity?
Not even when they joined forces?  Cheesy

Kudos Crane.

I suggest you come to the IRC too and try to face the ultimate troll named Koi sometime.

Too bad that this Thread would be instalocked (if it wasn`t the weekend ) as soon as Uurlock saw that he is losing the fight and spammed the report button resulting prolly to the ban of Crane....
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:49am by Bacardi »  

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:17am
Print Post  
yawn

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider