Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) I love the Forums on the weekend. (Read 16278 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: I love the Forums on the weekend.
Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jun 7th, 2015 at 4:32pm:
Did you see that troll-trap post Steve Howe wrote after that:

Steve Howe wrote:

Right there is some fine blocking for his buddy Uurdork who is currently down for a three count after that kick in the nuts Crane gave him.

That sticky little post of Mr. Howe is just inviting Crane to go off on Cordovan, favoritism, etc.. so they can jump him.

Don't take the bait Cranemace! don't do it!

I saw it...
There's probably something true or at least partially true about that.... I reported Whiny_Kobold several time because he had a picture in his sig that was twice the allowed size...
it took several month before he reduced it to a decent size...  ( ok,I did it once too with Leslie, but his is just a little bit bigger than it should, so I didn't report more than once  )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Now Leslie and Thrudh are piling on to try to help Whiny_Kobold...

Thread saved, I just need to know if the old Vault_Troll email address is still valid...So that it can be added to the Vault Drama for posterity.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:00am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:33am:
I reported Whiny_Kobold several time because he had a picture in his sig that was twice the allowed size...
it took several month before he reduced it to a decent size...  ( ok,I did it once too with Leslie, but his is just a little bit bigger than it should, so I didn't report more than once  )

IIRC Cordo made them change it at the same time most of us had the Angry Mob sig.
All the people asked to change it accused Jerry for favoritism towards Uurlock`s  and Leslie`s long immunity on that issue.

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Ah.... Well There was definitely some favoritism, as they were clearly breaking the rules and weren't forced to fit in despite reports.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:43am:
Now Leslie and Thrudh are piling on to try to help Whiny_Kobold...

Thread saved, I just need to know if the old Vault_Troll email address is still valid...So that it can be added to the Vault Drama for posterity.

Ask Strak. Vault_Troll is his sock.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #30 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:18am
Print Post  
oradafu wrote:
Quote:
How did this thread gather the protected triumvirate of Cubethulu summoners?

Grin

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #31 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:10am:
Ask Strak. Vault_Troll is his sock.

I know.... I just need to get confirmation of the email (if it has changed or not since.... long ago) to send the files to.

edit :

I suspect that the thread will be Cubed as soon as Cordovan can log onto the forums now...
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 6:43am by Flav »  

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Page 1: https://archive.is/S17MQ (zip)
Page 2: https://archive.is/DwGp4 (zip)
Page 3: https://archive.is/Fjhm6 (zip)

I am tempted to build a site that does nothing but automatically archive the shithole ddo forums content, to build a case against cuntovan.

Just some links for reference on this subject:
http://mementoweb.org/tools/
https://archive.is/
https://webrecorder.io/
http://timetravel.mementoweb.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_archiving
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 7:26am by »  

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #33 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Not defending Uurlock, but he has this one right; coders are constantly debugging.  At least I was.

I perpetually rewrote code and database calls and database tables to improve them if I figured out something better along the way.  I recently learned that one company I worked for STILL uses my Oracle database structure I designed 20 years ago on a particular project, even though the company is now on complete rewrite four of the product. 

So the protected triumvirate is Thrudh, Uurlock, and Leslie?  There has got to be a few more.

AHA!!  Oradafu is a vaultie.

Crane_mace and highlander, pretty funny and uurlock cannot take it.

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 7:52am by notajedi »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #34 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 8:09am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 7:47am:
Not defending Uurlock, but he has this one right; coders are constantly debugging.  At least I was.

I perpetually rewrote code and database calls and database tables to improve them if I figured out something better along the way.

Yes and no... at least in my case when Coding in Assembler I ended up at a point where making more changes to the code would have been detrimental to performances.

In database calls there's almost always ways to improve code... but in other stuff ( say hardware level graphic functions, Real Time systems ) you can only go so far before
making changes to the code is detrimental to the function coded.

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #35 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 8:20am
Print Post  

This statement may be true for turbine.
Without automated regressions-tests this behavior is the top source for breaking a complex system.  Wink

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #36 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 9:00am
Print Post  

He's not right, he's using a half truth to hide a lie. Sure coders are always debugging, and the goal of debugging is to reduce bugs, but he left out the other half of the equation.

Total bugs = preexisting bugs + introduced bugs - debugged bugs.

He is leaving out "introduced bugs" so his equation is wrong. You can't just leave an element out of an equation because it is preventing you from getting the results you want! Well, you can, but it makes you wrong, like Urlock  Roll Eyes

And it sounds like you used programming best practices like encapsulation which minimize undesireable interactions in complex systems and reduce the chance of debugging in one routine becoming bugging (buggering?) another, which Turdbin seems to ignore. Like other software best practices, of course.

Urlock is making a ton of unstated and unsuported assumptions to press small bits of truth into support for his towering mass of ego and bullshit. I bet he's got ego-dung beetle eggs in there that are going to hatch and eat their way out, making a whole new generation of Urlocks.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:14pm by Meursault »  

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #37 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Being back in the vault I must say this was one of the better and more articulate breakdowns I have read. Crane should be the Valut's honorary Crafty deconstructor of the week.

+1

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #38 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
I perpetually rewrote code and database calls and database tables to improve them if I figured out something better along the way. 

Turbine does not rewrite extant code with the intent of improving it (refactoring), and they do not figure out better things along the way (which is a form of learning from mistakes).

Before he left, MajMal should have made the bug list customer facing and sortable by several metrics including age of bug, and number of times submitted, and dev assigned to resolve.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #39 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Leslie just woke up and had to put another layer of attack on Crane... To try to defend Whiny_Kobold.

Leslie :
Quote:

Crane_Mace,

Can you list the top 50 bugs that must be fixed before any new content is added to the game?

This would have been a much better argument than trolling and attacking another forumite, who CLEARLY knows more about the "game behind the game" and can probably give you a tour of either "game". I'm not in 100% in agreement with him or his delivery, but his vision is based in a realism that many of us that have been around a long time understand.

Now you've clearly done your homework and are participating in lots of things. That's cool as hell.

But please be SPECIFIC and list every bug (up to 50 will work for me) you've got a problem with to the extent of not wanting ANY development time to go into new content.

In my opinion your argument of "Fix Em All" is laden in naivety, alas a much easier pill to swallow when you've only been playing this content for less than a year versus a DDO veteran who's been playing the game for 9+ years (heck even include those that have played for 4+ years).

Really it's fanboi piling time now...  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Let's see if we can give Crane a hand alright?

I'm starting a new thread called birdwatching here on the vault, everyone put every current bug you can think on that thread.

Hopefully Crane will see it or somebody who knows him will see it and  Leslie can get it right back in his face!

Any joiners?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #41 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Whiny_Kobold got his wish!

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #42 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
When Leslie comes to your defense while washing ths shit stains his American Flag underwear you know for a fact that you have won at DDO Forums.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #43 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:34pm:
When Leslie comes to your defense while washing ths shit stains his American Flag underwear you know for a fact that you have won at DDO Forums.

Good point. Once Leslie barge in, everything is said/told/done.... a bit like Godwin Law.

Maybe be I should write a DDO Godwin Law :
Once Leslie take side in a thread anybody not agreeing with him will be Cubed and/or banned appropriately by Cordovan.

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #44 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Uurlock is a fucking sycophant that eats all the shit Turbine puts out and tries to convince everyone that it's chocolate.

I can't fucking stand the whiney little piss stain. The fact that Fat Jerry doesn't even hide his man love for him makes it even worse.

I can only hope that someday Uurlock chokes to death on Jerry's shit filled ass hair.

Pardon my French.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #45 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Turd_Ferguson wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:51pm:
Pardon my French.

You're excused.

Je suis Crane_Mace

( I need to turn it into the right logo... that's for tomorrow )

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #46 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:54pm:
You're excused.

Je suis Crane_Mace

( I need to turn it into the right logo... that's for tomorrow )

I really hope that Crane has a few more sock accounts he can use. I would wager that Uurlock and Fat Jerry are shitting their adult diapers over any forum poster with small post counts, thinking that Crane has returned.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #47 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
That thread is pure gold.  Judging by the fact that I can't access the original without a sign-in, I'm guessing it did indeed get cubed, which is pure, unadulterated bullshit.

The only troll in that thread was tUurdsuck (ok, Thurd too, but that's a given, and he was just pasting the template of his same-ol'-same-ol' shit).

If Jerry locked this, just this one example is really all you need to know about his level of professionalism.  If Crane got banned (anyone know?), then that is just disgusting - he said nothing ban-able whatsoever.  At any real company a moderator would get fired for this level of obvious favoritism.  Sad indeed.

P.S. Thanks for the links yabber
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:36pm by GooFY »  

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #48 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
There were some additional posts that didn't get captured by the archive. They essentially boil down to:

"Post 50 bugs that need to be fixed right now"
"Here's the Official Known Issues list with 60 bugs. Plus these other ones I thought of off the top my head."
"Those aren't game breaking! Post game breaking bugs!"
"Bullshit bullshit bullshit"
<Thread cubed>

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:32pm:
P.S. Thanks for the links yabber

You're welcome. Smiley I have saved the zip files as well, as I expect that Cuntovan will be trying to intimidate archive.is into removing them as we speak.

Goon wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:42pm:
There were some additional posts that didn't get captured by the archive.

Yeah, sorry, I had to go to work. Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint