Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Crane_Mace, Hero of the DDO people! (Read 27053 times)
Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Crane_Mace, Hero of the DDO people!
Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The account is still present:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/member.php/605486-Crane_Mace

Though it may have been banned. No way to tell without contact from the account owner.

Yeah but you can't send him a PM nor can you add him to your Friends list. That means he's banned.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:41pm:
I should have clicked on that thread....I just assumed it was the same ole crap.

It was.

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

CanadianCurseword
Korthos Resident

Vut der ferk?

Reply #27 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Quote:
The account is still present:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/member.php/605486-Crane_Mace

Though it may have been banned. No way to tell without contact from the account owner.

It's a ban. Looks exactly the same as mine does. lol

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 10:36pm:
Yeah but you can't send him a PM nor can you add him to your Friends list. That means he's banned.

Ah, didn't think to try that.

Fucking fuck Cuntovan with a thousand shit encrusted syphilitic pus oozing cocks of Turkish prison lifers.

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 1:19am
Print Post  
not bad, but my grandmother can swear better. Try again.  Cool

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Would be nice if he made a complaint higher up the chain and Jerry got overruled.

But at this stage of the game Turbine probably no longer cares about yet another player no longer playing.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 2:18am
Print Post  

Maybe he got unbanned, but I just sent him a PM and a friend request.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Ddostream with Jerry tomorrow Smiley
Post in IRC.
Make your voices heard.

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #33 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 2:24am:
Ddostream with Jerry tomorrow Smiley
Post in IRC.
Make your voices heard.

Oh, you mean a quick easy web based guest entry to DDO IRC?
Such as

Http://www.ddochat.com

Because he's streaming at 12:01 PM EDT on twitch.tv/ddostream

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 7:59am
Print Post  
The Wingnut-Tinfoil coalition shall rise again to honor the fallen Crane, onward to twitch glory boys, onward.

Remember set up multiple accounts ahead of time today so that you can switch quickly when they lock out a account for comments.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #35 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 7:59am:
Remember set up multiple accounts ahead of time today so that you can switch quickly when they lock out a account for comments. 

Old hands at DDO would already have 3 dummy account on top of their main... because of the Cube Pet for inviting 3 people to the game.
( come on who really sent invites to real people, safer to use 3 temporary mailboxes and just invite yourself... the accounts are there, you just need to remember the logins and passwords )
Add the eventual mule accounts... a Temporary account while waiting for your characters ( European Refugee only )...
The accounts created for the Anniversary Cards ( because you didn't remember the login/passwords of the 3 Cube Accounts... )

3 accounts is a minimum.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Good point Flav, but in this case I was talking about Twitch accounts so they could work Cordo this week in a fashion similar to what was done during the Tinfoil debacle.

By the way, I know we don't always see eye to eye but you made some great posts over on the mobos during the past couple of days. I don't know how you do it without losing your shit. I would love to have some of whatever it is that you and the Crane were using to keep cool.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #37 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:28am:
I would love to have some of whatever it is that you and the Crane were using to keep cool.

It is called "maturity". You may get some eventually.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:42am:
It is called "maturity". You may get some eventually.

At 49 years it should have gotten here by now right? 

Actually it is the previously mentioned "Dr. Jekyll & Mr. 4Chan" effect at work most of the time I would hazard.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:45am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #39 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:28am:
I would love to have some of whatever it is that you and the Crane were using to keep cool.

Despite what some say :
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 8:42am:
It is called "maturity".

It's just 23+ years of being on Internet. ( first on BBSs, Usenet, Mailing lists and now web forums )
Being caught is so many flamewars, having to deal with complete retards and so on...
After a while you just stop putting any passion in your posts and just go straight to the facts when you know that putting any passion will get you in trouble.
You also learn how to surf on the limit between what can and what cannot be said. It may also be caused by my line of work... after having had to deal with
so many emergency ( and shouting/angry/unhappy customers on the phone, dealing with 2/3 phone calls at the same time, while troubleshooting the problem ) you put things in relativity.
Last It's also a gut feel... it took me three try to write my boobies in mobo... I wasn't happy with how I wrote the first two... so I closed the page, browsed other stuff,
and came back to the thread.... twice, before actually hitting the post button.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2015 at 9:35am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 9:53am
Print Post  

Depending on the way, or order in which Turbine or the Chin bans a forum account can effect this. Some banned accounts cannot be added or messaged at all. While some can be sent PM's and requests but never receive them because they get the ban page all the same. I've had a couple accounts get torched and there is a variance.

What does seem to be the most telling signs are reputation and posts, if those are gone the account is surefire banned.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Inconsistency? say it isn't so!

It's too bad about Crane_Mace, he was excellent I would have given him more reputation if he had more posts that I could click on before they wiped him.

In the heat of it last night he was posting on two other threads  as well as that bug one, but all his posts on the forum are now gone.

I know they wiped a whole thread because it was a shit storm at the end, but going after all of a poster's posts and wiping them as well? That's a pretty rotten thing to do.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:01am by »  

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's too bad about Crane_Mace, he was excellent I would have given him more reputation if he had more posts that I could click on before they wiped him.

In the heat of it last night he was posting on two other threads  as well as that bug one, but all his posts on the forum are now gone.

What retarded planet are you from? He posted 5 posts EVER in one thread EVER. Well written posts, but ONLY 5. Guess good writers get banned fast.

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:22am
Print Post  
I'm not from any retarded planet or moon. Crane_Mace had 9 posts in total right before that thread was cubed and his posts and reputation were wiped. 5 on that thread,  1 on the IC closure thread, and 3 in the official discussions section.

No need to be dickish.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:22am by »  

IP Logged

Biscuit
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:46am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461309-Disgusting?p=5629225&viewfull=1...
Quote:
Bolded for emphasis. That's the reasoning behind the thread being cubed. As always, feel free to discuss bugs you'd like to see fixed, provided you don't fling insults at us or others.

We are not able to discuss moderation decisions, and one of the reasons is being demonstrated in this thread. In other words...huh? No one got banned, and I'm not even sure anyone got infracted. Would have to look it up. Simple removal of a thread that was on percentage more in violation of the Community Guidelines than not. Again, no one got banned? The person being discussed in this thread as being banned wasn't even infracted. As to why they have not chosen to log in, I couldn't say. Up to them!

We do not discuss moderation decisions on the forums per the Community Guidelines, so closing this thread.

And Crane_Mace, Hero of the DDO people who was never banned nor infracted (lol) got miraculously unbanned  Grin

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #45 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Jerry just closed a thread discussing this (not to be surprised there).

What is surprising is that he claimed

"We are not able to discuss moderation decisions, and one of the reasons is being demonstrated in this thread. In other words...huh? No one got banned, and I'm not even sure anyone got infracted. Would have to look it up. Simple removal of a thread that was on percentage more in violation of the Community Guidelines than not. Again, no one got banned? The person being discussed in this thread as being banned wasn't even infracted. As to why they have not chosen to log in, I couldn't say. Up to them! "

Sad part of that is why then are ALL his posts gone?  Are they really saying that he removed all his posts after having his most active post cubed? 

One has to wonder if they didn't ban him, then take over and unban the account to get ahead of this.  To be honest that is what I would probably do in there case as "damage control".   

if you can now PM and friend request him but could not before then that would make the most sense.  They can sock puppet the account, never do ANYTHING with it and in a couple of weeks drop warlocks which will provide something new will be in the drama pool and Crane_Mace will be all but forgotten 

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #46 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Bloody sock puppets

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:50am:
Sad part of that is why then are ALL his posts gone?  Are they really saying that he removed all his posts after having his most active post cubed? 

And his reputation, that all miraculously vanished as well.

I think it's possible that they did make a move to get ahead of it, look at the tin-foil response last month. If forced they can move pretty quick, which makes it all the sadder when they don't do anything.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2015 at 12:08pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Karpfail
Korthos Resident

I Love DDrama!

Reply #48 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Never forget Crane_Mace, he died for your forum sins.

#WeAreCrane_Mace
#Crane_MaceIsTheWay

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #49 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 11:50am:
One has to wonder if they didn't ban him, then take over and unban the account to get ahead of this.  To be honest that is what I would probably do in there case as "damage control".   

if you can now PM and friend request him but could not before then that would make the most sense.  They can sock puppet the account, never do ANYTHING with it and in a couple of weeks drop warlocks which will provide something new will be in the drama pool and Crane_Mace will be all but forgotten 

Yeah, that best fits the evidence so far.

I wonder if when warlocks drop a thread titled "Je suis Crane_Mace" will pop up with a body of just "If he wasn't banned at the time, why was his reputation removed and he was unable to receive PMs or friend requests?"

Of course after warlocks go live, they might welcome any diversion from discussion about how crappy they are  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint