Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Crane_Mace, Hero of the DDO people! (Read 26988 times)
Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Crane_Mace, Hero of the DDO people!
Jun 8th, 2015 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
In memory of the most heroic thread in which Crane_Mace took on the bloated Fanboi Trolls and was eventually swallowed whole by Cordovan, the insecure Cube Rider.

His struggle was epic, batting aside the inane protestations of fanbois like Thurd, Urlock, and Leslie West.

Let us not let his tale be forgotten! Whenever a PUG hears whispers of his deeds and turns to the bard Google, let them find this memorial to his valiant effort to save Turdbin from themselves. I will provide a link here once Strake has the thread preserved in the shrine of drama, but until then, pile on your praise and testimonials, and Google it often so we rise high in the search rank!

After all, Turbine took away the only competing search result, that should let us win by default!

If you're a DDO player who heard about Crane_Mace and went to Google to find out what the fuss is about, allow me to explain.
Somebody (DigitalJC, I think) posted on the main forums a polite request to have an update dedicated to fixing some of the numerous bugs in DDO.

Fanbois, Urlock first but soon others, jumped on him insinuating he was a rude idiot for even implying DDO was imperfect or could be better. A brave newcomer, Crane_Mace, rushed to his aid, pointing out the fallacies and hidden agendas in the posts of said Fanbois.

They went rabid. Character assassination, personal attacks, throwing around "facts" newly minted to support their arguments, etc. Crane_Mace held his own nicely, politely but indisputably tumbling their shaky arguments.

In grand Turbine style, an intelligent opinion critical of the status quo could not be tolerated, so as soon as the game was out of maintenance Monday the thread was silently removed.

But we are not under Turbine control, and Fanbois don't have Cordovan to neuter effective counters to their jeers and insults. So the legacy of Crane_Mace lives on, read it in the link below!

https://archive.is/S17MQ
https://archive.is/DwGp4
https://archive.is/Fjhm6

Hopefully we'll have these in a more readable form soon, and there is also some interesting supporting conversation at the following

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1433772804
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1433673428
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:48pm by Meursault »  

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Re: Crane_Mace, Hero of the DDO people!
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
LOL, Meur!

I do not share the enthusiasm you have displayed, but in my hearts of hearts, I HEAR YA!. Crane was calm and collective, which is not typically the norm for a lot of forumites when the pressure is on. He broke down the facade articulately and for that, I enjoyed his writings immensely.

+1 to Crane for refusing to be bullied around!

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
I should have clicked on that thread....I just assumed it was the same ole crap.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:27pm:
LOL, Meur!

I do not share the enthusiasm you have displayed, but in my hearts of hearts, I HEAR YA!. Crane was calm and collective, which is not typically the norm for a lot of forumites when the pressure is on. He broke down the facade articulately and for that, I enjoyed his writings immensely.

+1 to Crane for refusing to be bullied around!

Thanks, Palmer!

Aaaaaaand, we did it already! the top ranked search result for "Crane_Mace DDO" is this thread!

Boy Cordo, too bad you cubed the thread your fanbois were losing in, now it's bringing new people to the vault, where the debate will continue but you can't steer it. The one that got away. Boo hoo  Cry

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Cordo is the best recruitment tool the DDO Vault has ever had.

We should be thanking good ol' Jerry!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
THE CRANE IN THE NORTH !

IP Logged

Grapeshot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
It appears the Snook wiped Crane off the boards as well. I would guess they found the 3 boxes of reputation he stacked up in a day's time a bit alarming.

Way to retain those new players Turbine, if your bugs don't make them leave maybe your fanbois and a ban will do the trick.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:07pm by »  

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Meursault grab the stored pages from the other thread and update the boobies.

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:59pm:
THE CRANE IN THE NORTH !

The Cordobannister sends his regards  Grin

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It appears the Snook wiped Crane off the boards as well. I would guess they found the 3 boxes of reputation he stacked up in a day's time a bit alarming.

Way to retain those new players Turbine, if your bugs don't make them leave maybe your fanbois and a ban will do the trick.

Oh that's pure gold. 3 stacks in one weekend?! Any halfway decent copmany would recognize that meant what he was saying resonated with the players and they should pay close attention. Turbine's response it to try to sweep it away. Don't they remember the Marketplace Bridge?

Bacardi wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 2:28pm:
Meursault grab the stored pages from the other thread and update the boobies.

Done, thanks

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #10 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Wow ... it's hard to believe that they actually wiped him.  Unless something more was written when I read the only thing you could "accuse" him of that might have violated the terms was his stating that they had an agenda.

Gonna have to sweep those archives and see if the ripped it up at the end for some reason.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:25pm:
Wow ... it's hard to believe that they actually wiped him.  Unless something more was written when I read the only thing you could "accuse" him of that might have violated the terms was his stating that they had an agenda.

Gonna have to sweep those archives and see if the ripped it up at the end for some reason.

No, the Crane seemed unflappable all the way to the end. Which infuriated Uur, Leslie, and company.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 3:44pm by »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Not so with Uurlackey, he is still posting live.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #13 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Not so with Uurlackey, he is still posting live from deep within Jerry's cavernous asshole.

FTFY

I was never really on the Jerry-hate bandwagon, but this one has got me turning into a true believer.  Angry

An absolutely disgusting display of favoritism.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:47pm by GooFY »  

IP Logged

doubleBs
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
I HATE Uurlock with a passion.  He is currently the reigning Dev kiss ass of the DDO forums.

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
We need to post this story somewhere else it will get picked up. Something like...
- a good blog post on the subject (suggest written by Hag)
- blog must be able to withstand a slashdotting (suggestions?)
- then submit it to the aggregators, reddit, slashdot, kotaku, ars, etc.

Write it up with a good clickbait title, the aggregators love that shit these days. The article submitted to the aggregators should link back to the vault and the shithole ddo forums.

We need to make Cuntovan a public liability to Turbine to put a stop to this shit. Seriously, we need to organise on this one.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #16 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:45pm:
was never really on the Jerry-hate bandwagon, but this one has got me turning into a true believer. 

An absolutely disgusting display of favoritism.

Ditto.

Well, I've been on the Jerry-hate bandwagon for a while, but for stuff like this.

I love this game, or at least what the game could be, and having these clowns shut down meaningful conversation over their buthurt egos is pathetic.

What this culture of censorship over engagement is doing to the game is already obvious to smart people, but I'd love to see this censorship have consequences so obvious even Turbine sees them. Like John Hancock signing the Declaration of Independence. He was even from Boston, wasn't he? What Irony  Smiley

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #17 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We need to post this story somewhere else it will get picked up. Something like...

Write it up with a good clickbait title, the aggregators love that shit these days. The article submitted to the aggregators should link back to the vault and the shithole ddo forums.

We need to make Cuntovan a public liability to Turbine to put a stop to this shit. Seriously, we need to organise on this one.

Oh, I like the way you think! I remember when the Heartseed Protest got picked up, that sure put pepper in their panties.

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  

More to come...
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 7:43pm by »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Jerry never fails to live up to his reputation as unprofessional and incompetent.  What a rank amateur.
Jerry just moved to equal first with F_ernando as pieces of dead wood that need to go.

There was nothing in that thread that warranted deletion except Uurlock having his ass handed to him on a plate.

Uurlock's pleas for Cordo to save him should become the new default signature.

Turdbine really are fucked as an orgn, especially with Jerry as their customer facing representative.
We should keep compiling that huge fracking lists of bugs and keep posting that list on their website in a very polite fashion.
Keep records of every time it is posted and deleted, and then publish that as "Turdbine refuses to acknowledge most of the bugs in their game."

That might resonate more with the media - they love salacious cover ups.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:

If that's true, it sounds like a second documented offense, after the "tin foil hat" comments. A fair indication that Jerry meant none of his apology, and has broken the promise therein.

In any case, Cordovan is keeping up the tradition of using the report feature as a "click here if you're losing an argument you started" button.

Quote:

I bet the same folks behind the "tin foil hat" protests would be happy to take up the cause. If Crane Mace can be contacted, to confirm the ban, that would be best. It really hurts a protest if the wind can be taken out by revealing Crane Mace deleted his own account. Otherwise, it seems to me that two goals are in order: 1, An apology from Cordovan for rashly banning Crane Mace. 2, Immediate lifting of said ban.

Secret third: Document the whole exchange. More examples will accrue. It's Cordovan, after all. With enough fully documented exchanges, Turbine can be forced to change their non-compliance with their own posted policies. Turbine does not GAF, but WB can be made to pay attention.

Cordovan is shit at his job, but I'm fairly sure that replacing him would be treating the symptom, not the cause. Oddly enough, it could be that he's shit at his job because he hates decisions forced on him by management. Nobody has any illusions about where he sits on the totem pole.

Crane Mace responded to a troll. That is a violation of the forum rules, but nothing close to bannable. A reasonable protest would center around the need for reasonable responses, such as a warning, instead of the egregious overreaction of banning. In no reasonable scenario does the troll receive a lighter punishment than the one baited.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We have enabled the ability for you to link to images for your signature. Please keep the following in mind:
  • Images should be no larger than 150 pixels high, and no wider than 450 pixels wide.

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 8:08pm:
It really hurts a protest if the wind can be taken out by revealing Crane Mace deleted his own account.

The account is still present:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/member.php/605486-Crane_Mace

Though it may have been banned. No way to tell without contact from the account owner.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 8:59pm by »  

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
I kinda thought crane_mace was Rubbins or someone from here. If you look at the conversation from the Paladin side, good ol' crane was baiting Urinlock in the most effective of manners - lacking rude words and writing gracefully.

Of course he was banned. He outmatched Urinlock in every way possible - Cordoban had no other recourse than blunt force.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #24 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Man you should make a gallery of these.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 10:12pm by Sasha »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint