Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Forum noobie is asking for his signature back (Read 64700 times)
Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Re: Forum noobie is asking for his signature back
Reply #200 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Jun 13th, 2015 at 7:53pm:
Sorry but, I don't have anything to add beyond what I have said before regarding the community management directive and industry norms,  I was more interested on everyone's take here.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

I really don't care about "industry norms", disruption is in the wind, and this stunt encourages me to sit pat for now but be prepared to jump at any opportunity that presents itself.

I'm still dabbling in DDO, but it's hard to have any loyalty to a company that acts as Turbine just did. In the short term, there won't be an obvious difference. The damage this incident did will manifest at some future decision point, when loyalty to D&D might otherwise have prompted me to spend my entertainment time and dollars with Turbine.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #201 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Jun 13th, 2015 at 7:53pm:
Now this made me smile:

Alas this is too little too late I think Madame Thaz.

It's akin to someone attempting to engage in a calm conversation the moment after after bursting into a room shouting at the top their lungs while throwing feces...

In other words, your moment to be taken seriously or objective has passed in this instance.

If it makes you feel any better your mercurial change in demeanor and stance did give me a chuckle if only at it's transparency. So, well done miss? you seldom disappoint in that regard.   

I was about to write "who are you?"... and got a sudden feeling of dejavu. As I couldn't find any information in your posts on this account, my guess is that the last time you commented on my posts, you were writing from a different one.

Meursault wrote on Jun 13th, 2015 at 8:21pm:
I'm sure Cordo will be relieved to see somebody believed him. But Crane is far more believable than Cordo at this point.

I'd love to hear his side of it too, but I fear he was another new player driven out by the old boy's club. I'd love to buy him a beer and have a long chat about what makes a good FRPG MMO, because I have faith that it won't be too much longer before I run into him in the forums of a new game rising to fill the void.

I see Grinding Gear Games, and Goblinworks, and even some of what Cryptic did with The Foundry, and I'm more convinced than ever that Turbine is squandering their rapidly dwindling time without serious competition. I already own a ton of content so I can putter without sinking any more money in, but I'm constantly scanning the horizon for signs of a FRPG MMO with a D20 basis and a strong commitment to crowdsourcing.

Crane_Mace is the type of player to find a game like that, join the community, and make it even better. He's a builder, a contributor, exactly the kind of person I want to have a conversation with, even if I don't agree with him.

I think you're highly underestimating crane_mace. Seeing as he's so aware of everything going on, is aware of all the ToS... and has a direct dislike for Uurlock, I don't think he's as innocent as you're making him out to be. My gut tells me that that account is a sock, and Cordovan's post confirmed it, so I choose to believe this is the case.

The ppl on the vault either know more than they're telling, doing a great job of acting... or are getting seriously fooled by crane_mace just because you dislike Cordo and his pet Uurlock.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #202 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 13th, 2015 at 9:18pm:
Cordo and his pet Uurlock.

Even less popular than the pet birds. Sales have been brisk, however, because he's more popular to hate.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #203 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 13th, 2015 at 9:18pm:
he's as innocent as you're making him out to be.

He's not just innocent, he's a martyr, Cordo saw to that. I'm just helping spread the legend  Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #204 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 13th, 2015 at 5:50pm:
All joking aside, is this weirdness just you?  Or do they like teach you that in French schools.  Or do the French just completely overlook everyone else's concept of continents and use your own guide lines?  You want to label them as 'middle eastern,' I can see that - but that's a region, not a continent.  Can you even give a source that puts Turkey in Africa (cause I can give like a million that puts it in Asia/Europe/Eurasia or whatever the fuck you want to call it).  (and keep in mind I'm discussing pure geography here, not social sciences).

Ok, I over simplified, since most of the Vaultee don't have a clue when it comes to Geology.

Turkey has it's own plate : the Anatolian plate, separated from Eurasia by the North Anatolian Fault, separated from what you call Middle East ( actually the Arabian Plate, I didn't call it Middle East when talking geology ) by the Levant Fault. and on the east Separated from Eurasia by the Egean Plate and the relevant faults for that plate. South it's separated from Africa. That still doesn't make them European since they are not in Eurasia.

if you want the full details around the earea :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriatic_Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9TtOxBIVds ( corso-sarde microplate )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolian_Plate

last here :

http://cpgeosystems.com/eurotectonic.html
especially :
http://cpgeosystems.com/50_Eocene_Eurmap_plates.jpg

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #205 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:01am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:47am:
Ok, I over simplified, since most of the Vaultee don't have a clue when it comes to Geology.

Turkey has it's own plate : the Anatolian plate, separated from Eurasia by the North Anatolian Fault, separated from what you call Middle East ( actually the Arabian Plate, I didn't call it Middle East when talking geology ) by the Levant Fault. and on the east Separated from Eurasia by the Egean Plate and the relevant faults for that plate. South it's separated from Africa. That still doesn't make them European since they are not in Eurasia.

if you want the full details around the earea :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriatic_Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9TtOxBIVds ( corso-sarde microplate )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolian_Plate

last here :

http://cpgeosystems.com/eurotectonic.html
especially :
http://cpgeosystems.com/50_Eocene_Eurmap_plates.jpg

I love the mentality though.  Shame we didn't think about it during the Cuban missile crisis.  'You know what Cuba?  We're revoking your right to be called North Americans.  You're part of Australia now.  Fuck you.'

That still doesn't make them European since they are not in Eurasia.

Even this reach (and congrats for nearly going back to Pangaea) still leaves at least a good 15 million of them born and breed on European soil Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:07am by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #206 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:26am
Print Post  
is this where I put a pic of asia minor?

oops. that was a minor asian

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #207 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:01am:
I love the mentality though.  Shame we didn't think about it during the Cuban missile crisis.  'You know what Cuba?  We're revoking your right to be called North Americans.  You're part of Australia now.  Fuck you.'

Even this reach (and congrats for nearly going back to Pangaea) still leaves at least a good 15 million of them born and breed on European soil Wink

That is awesome.

And you know what? If they had followed your idea, Australia would have better rum! As it stands their rum tastes like it was fermented inside a tire. An old tire!

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #208 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 7:57am
Print Post  

Ah, good old Flav, precise to a fault  Cheesy

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #209 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:12am
Print Post  
I don't really understand why some are still idly speculating on the motives of a now-gone poster. Motive is irrelevant and some might say directing discussion towards it, intentional or not, is a welcome deflection from the important bit of what happened.

Crane made a good point, then they were piled on and "bullied" off the main forums by blinkered suckups, which was then covered by stating this place was doing the bullying, and now they're apparently gone.

Well done, community team! Another satisfied player!

The motive, whether they were new or not, and so on, is irrelevant imo. Look at the outcome. Look at the behaviours, particularly by an employee who is meant to keep the place welcoming to players, new or old.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #210 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:13am
Print Post  
(I enjoyed my geology lesson.)

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #211 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:36am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:12am:
I don't really understand why some are still idly speculating on the motives of a now-gone poster. Motive is irrelevant and some might say directing discussion towards it, intentional or not, is a welcome deflection from the important bit of what happened.

Crane made a good point, then they were piled on and "bullied" off the main forums by blinkered suckups, which was then covered by stating this place was doing the bullying, and now they're apparently gone.

Well done, community team! Another satisfied player!

The motive, whether they were new or not, and so on, is irrelevant imo. Look at the outcome. Look at the behaviours, particularly by an employee who is meant to keep the place welcoming to players, new or old.

Thanks KG.
Glad someone gets it.

Well said.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:37am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #212 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:56am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:12am:

Yup, and honestly I don't care if he was a sock or not... the points wer good, he was piled upon by Leslie, Whiuny_Kobold and Thrudh despite being rational... that's all that matter.

you can still use the logo, it hasn't been removed from the host where I put it, evne if it's a bit No-No in the official forums to link it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #213 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:56am:
Yup, and honestly I don't care if he was a sock or not... the points wer good, he was piled upon by Leslie, Whiuny_Kobold and Thrudh despite being rational... that's all that matter.

you can still use the logo, it hasn't been removed from the host where I put it, evne if it's a bit No-No in the official forums to link it.

Did you ever get contacted about it by Cordoban or his minions?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #214 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:26am:
... asia minor?... minor asian

How about an Asian miner?

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #215 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Knowing the history of the vault's nsfw posting this could have been so much worse.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #216 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 10:01am:
Knowing the history of the vault's nsfw posting this could have been so much worse.

Yeah I didn't try very hard sorry.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #217 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Hammertop has a new sig:

Tasteful. Smiley

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #218 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hammertop has a new sig:

LMAO, I wonder how long before they trump up some charges to ban him on. I'd love to see that spread, though, it's very relaxing.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #219 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hammertop has a new sig:

http://i.imgur.com/g1Fqybn.jpg

Tasteful. Smiley

Meursault wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:01pm:
LMAO, I wonder how long before they trump up some charges to ban him on. I'd love to see that spread, though, it's very relaxing.

Yeah he has been at it for a couple hours now and in pretty good form, doesn't sound nearly as whipped as he did the other night.

Jerry's Kids Haven't gone full gang-bang him yet, I would guess they are hitting the report button an awful lot instead.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1434301265
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:26pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #220 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:26pm:
Jerry's Kids

Brilliant.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #221 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
I wish I could take credit, somebody else used it, I just can't remember who.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #222 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:06pm
Print Post  

Smiley

Guess I underestimated the guy, nice surprise.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:07pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #223 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Waiting for the eventual evolution into a pepperspray cop meme.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #224 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
My PM to Cordovan on this matter. Would not be suprised if I get the hammer.

[QUOTE=Erofen] Quote:
My suspicion grew when a group of folks continued to beat the "I am Crane_Mace" signature drum and discuss the issue on the forums. So, yesterday, I dug a little deeper into the Crane_Mace forum account and within seconds realized that the account was an account created for the purposes of avoiding moderation on a person's main account. Furthermore, the person who created the "sock" account was the same person who just two days prior had had their forum ban lifted after an appeal. The evidence linking the two accounts (and several other accounts, by the way) was that the same email address was used for all of the accounts.

It appears that this incident is part of an effort by an external forum primarily known for bullying DDO players in-game and on our forums to disrupt the community and cause work for the moderation team. I don't know how many people were deliberately involved in the deception, or how many people were mislead into "supporting the cause" (it's not particularly relevant), but in any case, the actual number of people whose signatures had to be removed was three (although it looks like I have two more to take care of after seeing the image pop up in this thread.) If I clearly knew that the person in question was one of the folks behind the scenes taking part in the deception, I took additional disciplinary action, but leaned toward not doing anything further pending more time to investigate.

On the subject of the signature image: Besides being generally distasteful and semi-political, the signature image clearly calls out another player for attention. We do not permit people to call out others in their signatures, either positively or negatively, without the person's permission. Since the signature violated several parts of the Community Guidelines, it was removed. Since I was attempting to stop the trolls from misleading other members of the community (once I became more aware of what was actually going on), I removed the ability of people who had the signature from being able to use signatures.

If you deliberately use your signature for trolling or bringing attention to someone else in violation of the Community Guidelines, we will remove your ability to use signatures. If you truly believe you were mislead, and want to have your signature abilities back, PM me. Keep in mind that I'm getting a bit sick of the way a particular external forum negatively manipulates our community here, so I will be taking a close look at your forum account to make sure you don't have multiple accounts being used for nefarious activities. Please be aware of that intention before PMing me with an appeal.

If there is a lesson here, it's to be aware that one of the main reasons we do not publicly discuss moderation is that it often involves actions or behaviors that are not clear to the "average" person reading a post. We are also not interested in conducting public trials. This particular case includes examples that will hopefully provide further insight into the world of moderation.

Since this thread is meant to discuss moderation, and is part of a larger effort involving deliberate trolling, it will be closed. However, I'll leave the thread open for a couple of hours for people to discuss a bit first. Thank you!

So the problem I see here is that people "have" to make sock accounts to avoid moderation from well composed valid concerns. This resonated well with even founders to the game. Should we really be in fear to post our concerns? This leads me to my next point...

Ok so I am well aware of a few players this way, but a majority of that community on the other side is actually just sick of being bullied here for speaking their mind if it goes against what some of the well established posters think. The moderation for these valid concerns is what brings so many disheartened people to that site which so disgusts you.

See we are back to this again. They related well to this "sock" and liked to make it known that they feel the same. Should we be in fear of idolizing a quality poster?

The next problem is that these quality concerns are labeled as trolling to dismiss any validity they might have. This needs to change. And by the way they are getting a bit sick of how you negatively manipulate the community here as well. This Moderator vs Player relationship really needs help on both sides as each has its faults.

Same basic premise that you are below moderators (an average person) if you see things differently then them.

Along with the closure statement so frequent is another point also demonstrated in the community here. When a well established poster does not like the ideas being said in a thread they can just flame it and make the thread disappear so all opposition to their viewpoints is eliminated. Is this really what we should be subject to on the official forum site? [/quote]
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:39pm by Erofen »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint