Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Forum noobie is asking for his signature back (Read 64597 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Forum noobie is asking for his signature back
Reply #225 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Erofen wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:37pm:
My PM to Cordovan on this matter. Would not be suprised if I get the hammer.

So the problem I see here is that people "have" to make sock accounts to avoid moderation from well composed valid concerns. This resonated well with even founders to the game. Should we really be in fear to post our concerns? This leads me to my next point...

Ok so I am well aware of a few players this way, but a majority of that community on the other side is actually just sick of being bullied here for speaking their mind if it goes against what some of the well established posters think. The moderation for these valid concerns is what brings so many disheartened people to that site which so disgusts you.

See we are back to this again. They related well to this "sock" and liked to make it known that they feel the same. Should we be in fear of idolizing a quality poster?

The next problem is that these quality concerns are labeled as trolling to dismiss any validity they might have. This needs to change. And by the way they are getting a bit sick of how you negatively manipulate the community here as well. This Moderator vs Player relationship really needs help on both sides as each has its faults.

Same basic premise that you are below moderators (an average person) if you see things differently then them.

Along with the closure statement so frequent is another point also demonstrated in the community here. When a well established poster does not like the ideas being said in a thread they can just flame it and make the thread disappear so all opposition to their viewpoints is eliminated. Is this really what we should be subject to on the official forum site?

Yeah, that ain't going to resonate with Jezza sorry.

His world is much easier if the DDO forums and his fwiends are all rainbows and unicorns, and the Vault is all that is evil and wrong with the game.  No PM to Cordo is going to change his perceptions.
Being told to "become a professional moderator or you're out on your arse" might get his attention, but that ain't coming from any of us.

Sadly, neither the DDO team or the orgn are mature enough for constructive criticism.  It is far easier for them to build a wall of unsupported arrogance around themselves and just to believe that anyone who disagrees with their perfect world is either a shit slinger or just jealous of their fabulousness.

They do not want any criticism, and unfortunately nor are they obligated to heed any, so therefore no criticism will be abided or considered.
The side effect is that even the good constructive advice is ignored because it disagrees with their plans and agendas.

There is no point trying to change anything about DDO whilst the current mgmt and team are there.  Just like a sticky turd, the whole orgn just needs a really good flush.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 10:22pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #226 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:09am:
Did you ever get contacted about it by Cordoban or his minions?

No.
And that's quite a surprise... I was really expecting to be contacted since I was clearly identified as the creator of the sig, at least to make it unavailable, at worst with a nice standard message giving me a few points... or a Forum Vacation. ( though that last one would have been easy to appeal : I didn't come near the thread about the sig )

Quote:
Tasteful.

Yup, really nice sig.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #227 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:40am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 10:22pm:
Sadly, neither the DDO team or the orgn are mature enough for constructive criticism.  It is far easier for them to build a wall of unsupported arrogance around themselves and just to believe that anyone who disagrees with their perfect world is either a shit slinger or just jealous of their fabulousness.

They do not want any criticism, and unfortunately nor are they obligated to heed any, so therefore no criticism will be abided or considered.
The side effect is that even the good constructive advice is ignored because it disagrees with their plans and agendas.

They know better than us...
They have to, they have the game code... while some of us only have 30 years of PnP or more ( with D&D, ADD, and several other systems ).

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #228 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:40am:
They know better than us...
They have to, they have the game code... while some of us only have 30 years of PnP or more ( with D&D, ADD, and several other systems ).

I'm glad you said they "have" the game code, because they sure as shit don't "know" the game code ..... Or the game. ...... Or their market. ..... Or their target audience..... Or the concept of "fun"
Undecided

Luckily they have PacMan LARP for their CV's.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #229 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Jerry gives us so much power. If we want to ban someone, all we have to do is rally behind them and support them.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #230 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 6:11pm:
Jerry gives us so much power. If we want to ban someone, all we have to do is rally behind them and support them.

Ok, who's first then?

Uurcock?
Uska?
Thrush?
Bathacock?

Wouldn't that throw the little sycophants a curveball.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #231 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
So are we suggesting that july be agree with an idiot month? We pick an idiot and then stalk them and then agree with everything they say?

Seems like it would be fun for like maybe a day or two before I lost interest.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #232 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:17pm:
So are we suggesting that july be agree with an idiot month? We pick an idiot and then stalk them and then agree with everything they say?

Channel your inner DiddleDoo or HueHueHue.  You could keep it up for over a month.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #233 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:17pm:

Can you imagine poor Cordo trying to deal with that?
He'd have to make up new "guidelines" so he could infract you for agreeing with his sycophants.  I imagine it will have to look like this:

You have received an infraction at Dungeons & Dragons Online Forums.

Reason: 666.
Overly agreeing with Uurlock, Thrudh, Bartharok, and other Paladins of the DDO forums.  This is unnatural.  No-one can completely agree with them all the time, including me (but I get immunity to infractions).

-------

-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=696969
Uurlock,
I couldn't agree more with you that moving between instances should cost 5AS.  Anything we can do to help fund Turbine to solve lag is worth it.

All the best,
Your good mate
Cordovan
Dungeons & Dragons Online Forums
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:19am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #234 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:24am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 7:05pm:
Ok, who's first then?

Uurcock?
Uska?
Thrush?
Bathacock?

Wouldn't that throw the little sycophants a curveball.

No need; the suggestion is the real attack. it's so much better for them to do the work themselves.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #235 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post  
While I think it could be very funny, I'm afraid I'd vomit on my computer if I tried to participate, sorry.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #236 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:18am:
Reason: 666.
Overly agreeing with Uurlock, Thrudh, Bartharok, and other Paladins of the DDO forums.  This is unnatural.  No-one can completely agree with them all the time, including me (but I get immunity to infractions).

Now that's the find of Infractions I would try hard to get revoked.... seriously.... I'd feel dirty if I earned an infraction like that.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #237 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 10:07am:
I'm afraid I'd vomit on my computer if I tried to participate

Sounds perfect!  You're in!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]