Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Forum noobie is asking for his signature back (Read 64590 times)
Biscuit
Ex Member

Re: Forum noobie is asking for his signature back
Reply #50 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 11:02am:
I clearly didn't expect things to go that far when I put that picture here... I knew some were going to use it ( at their own risk ), but I really didn't expect to hit gold lode.

My favorite spank is Leslie so far. But the real star, Uurlock, hasn't arrived yet...

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #51 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Plot twist:

Crabe_Mace was Uurstupid all along!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #52 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Cordovan wrote:
Quote:
Normally we would never discuss moderation actions or incidents in public, but given the results of my investigation into this particular concern, and since this seems to involve a deliberate effort to shove the issue into the public spotlight, I feel comfortable in providing more information to better inform the community.

When I first saw the bug thread and the fighting that took up pages of it, I simply cubed the thread so I could sort it out after a meeting. While going through the thread, I issued several infractions and warnings, although only a warning to Crane_Mace (remember that warnings are not infractions, and have no impact on your account.) I was surprised to read a thread the next day in which people were saying Crane_Mace was allegedly banned, since I hadn't done anything of the sort. I double-checked to make sure I was being accurate, then made the post in which I stated as much.

My suspicion grew when a group of folks continued to beat the "I am Crane_Mace" signature drum and discuss the issue on the forums. So, yesterday, I dug a little deeper into the Crane_Mace forum account and within seconds realized that the account was an account created for the purposes of avoiding moderation on a person's main account. Furthermore, the person who created the "sock" account was the same person who just two days prior had had their forum ban lifted after an appeal. The evidence linking the two accounts (and several other accounts, by the way) was that the same email address was used for all of the accounts.

It appears that this incident is part of an effort by an external forum primarily known for bullying DDO players in-game and on our forums to disrupt the community and cause work for the moderation team. I don't know how many people were deliberately involved in the deception, or how many people were mislead into "supporting the cause" (it's not particularly relevant), but in any case, the actual number of people whose signatures had to be removed was three (although it looks like I have two more to take care of after seeing the image pop up in this thread.) If I clearly knew that the person in question was one of the folks behind the scenes taking part in the deception, I took additional disciplinary action, but leaned toward not doing anything further pending more time to investigate.

On the subject of the signature image: Besides being generally distasteful and semi-political, the signature image clearly calls out another player for attention. We do not permit people to call out others in their signatures, either positively or negatively, without the person's permission. Since the signature violated several parts of the Community Guidelines, it was removed. Since I was attempting to stop the trolls from misleading other members of the community (once I became more aware of what was actually going on), I removed the ability of people who had the signature from being able to use signatures.

If you deliberately use your signature for trolling or bringing attention to someone else in violation of the Community Guidelines, we will remove your ability to use signatures. If you truly believe you were mislead, and want to have your signature abilities back, PM me. Keep in mind that I'm getting a bit sick of the way a particular external forum negatively manipulates our community here, so I will be taking a close look at your forum account to make sure you don't have multiple accounts being used for nefarious activities. Please be aware of that intention before PMing me with an appeal.

If there is a lesson here, it's to be aware that one of the main reasons we do not publicly discuss moderation is that it often involves actions or behaviors that are not clear to the "average" person reading a post. We are also not interested in conducting public trials. This particular case includes examples that will hopefully provide further insight into the world of moderation.

Since this thread is meant to discuss moderation, and is part of a larger effort involving deliberate trolling, it will be closed. However, I'll leave the thread open for a couple of hours for people to discuss a bit first. Thank you!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:13pm:
I'm getting a bit sick of the way a particular external forum negatively manipulates our community here

Grin

Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:13pm:
It appears that this incident is part of an effort by an external forum primarily known for bullying DDO players in-game and on our forums to disrupt the community and cause work for the moderation team.

Grin

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #54 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Leslie_west guitar felcher wrote:

Quote:
This thread HAS NOTHING TO DO with free speech or new players. The OP is NOT a new player and the goal here for anyone who read the two past closed threads was to attack another forum poster for no good reason.

This is a publicity stunt by a website of fail that can not handle themselves like adults. There is NOT a worse display I can think of to put on display for new players looking to join in on some D&D adventure. Period. End of story.

Edit: Oh I was ninjad by Cordovan I see. Hehe...

Well done. It was the right move, and any chatter to the contrary is complete and utter BS. That's all

Ha-ha-ah-ah.
What's the matter Leslie_Fail Guitar Felcher?
Can't handle the heat w/o Daddy Cordo covering you with his Beef Curtains?
Fucking Amateur  Grin

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #55 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 11:02am:
I clearly didn't expect things to go that far when I put that picture here... I knew some were going to use it ( at their own risk ), but I really didn't expect to hit gold lode.

I never got to see the original, any chance you can link it here?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:19pm:
This is a publicity stunt by a website of fail that can not handle themselves like adults.

They give us too much credit. It is they who are giving the vault publicity instead.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #57 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:21pm:

Enjoy! Smiley

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #58 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:21pm:

It's in post #4 in this thread : http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1433866644

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #59 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Leslie_Womb Gay_Felcher wrote:
Quote:
For the record if there ARE any new players unfortunate enough to have walked in here, the behavior in this thread is the exception. They add nothing of value to the DDO community experience, which is best expressed IN GAME, IN QUEST, and amongst fellow adventurers. If new players want to PLAY THE GAME the way it was intended to be played, PM me, I'll be more than happy to recommend a quality guild on any server.

I hope the punishments are felt by those responsible for this pathetic stunt, because anything less then matching their negative energy will not be effective.

OMG,
If NEW players read that and actually refer to him for advice,
they are SET UP to FAIL right of the bat!
Don't do it Newbies, It's a TRAP!

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #60 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The evidence linking the two accounts (and several other accounts, by the way) was that the same email address was used for all of the accounts.

What a fucktard.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #61 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
On another note,
When did Memnir become such an asskisser?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #62 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
"bullying"? Really?!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:46pm:
For the record if there ARE any new players unfortunate enough to have walked in here, the behavior in this thread is the exception. They add nothing of value to the DDO community experience, which is best expressed IN GAME, IN QUEST, and amongst fellow adventurers. If new players want to PLAY THE GAME the way it was intended to be played, PM me, I'll be more than happy to recommend a quality guild on any server.

I hope the punishments are felt by those responsible for this pathetic stunt, because anything less then matching their negative energy will not be effective.

Wow. I get so turned on watching him massage jerry's cock so well. Would let him handjob me, bro

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #64 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
More gems from LW_GF:

Quote:
Exactly. It's not that they are silenced. Its that they are CORRECTED. Some people CAN NOT handle being told they are out of line. Just like some people think they can say ANYTHING behind the anonymity of the internet. But once exposed, they are TOTALLY different people. The last card they think they have is the FREE SPEECH card. It's nothing more than a deflection.

Same can be said about you Leslie_Douche  Cheesy
You COULDN'T handle being told you are out of line the last 2-3 times you tried your luck here,
or have you forgotten?

Come at me, bro! I know you are jerking off to every mention that you get here

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
We are a bunch of bullies :\

IP Logged

Grapeshot
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Two facts for you all.

One- Mr. Snook is lying in this instance and after the fact.

Two- He is allowing a two hour free for all to reward his minions, and encouraging a pile on.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #67 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
It's nice to see Leslie to an about face... because he had to.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #68 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:34pm:
It's nice to see Leslie to an about face... because he had to.

I am sorry, what now?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
What a fucking orgy of back patting and self congratulations.

Grapeshot cough up what you have please.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #70 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Two facts for you all.

One- Mr. Snook is lying in this instance and after the fact.

Two- He is allowing a two hour free for all to reward his minions, and encouraging a pile on.

Probably upset about a whole thread dedicated to him as "the greatest turdbin employee" ever...

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #71 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Aaaand old bullies back on top, claiming how their view is the only one CORRECT. How am I not surprised. Pathetic  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Karpfail
Korthos Resident

I Love DDrama!

Reply #72 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:41pm:
Probably upset about a whole thread dedicated to him as "the greatest turdbin employee" ever...

Booyah!

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #73 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:46pm:

Don't have to worry about that - ddo doesn't have new players.  And if I happen to be wrong and there are new players, they are still trying to get past the broken Grotto.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Grapeshot
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Take a seat by the river.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2015 at 11:40pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Send TopicPrint