Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic does Server Wide XP bonus apply when using Otto's (Read 2574 times)
bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

does Server Wide XP bonus apply when using Otto's
Jun 12th, 2015 at 11:07am
Print Post  
stone?

Haven't used a stone in forever, and need to know if I need to get to 20 before weekend is over.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: does Server Wide XP bonus apply when using Otto's
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 11:13am
Print Post  
No.

IP Logged

Chi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Only the VIP bonus will work, not the standard one.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Chi wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 12:53pm:
Only the VIP bonus will work, not the standard one.

Correct.

So during this weekend you can get +75% total experience when using an Otto's box assuming you're a VIP

50% Pot
5% Item (Pale Green Ioun Stone, Master's Gift, etc.)
5% Experience Shrine on boat
10% VIP bonus
5% Special Weekend VIP bonus

2,000,000 EXP + 75% = 3.5 Million EXP from Otto's

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
This nugget from an arithmetic savant on the MB:

Community Member

That gives me an extra 30% XP! Great job on this bonus  thank you very much!

Stoner81."

Not retarded. I did the math. Took me all night running the numbers through MIT's supercomputer cluster, but indeed I was able to crunch 25% + 5% and it comes to 30%.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
The xp bonuses are not additive but multiplicative for ship, voice, pot, not sure about vip.

and thats an estimate +65% so with vip its either 80% total, or 1.65 x 1.15= 1.89, aka +89% bonus.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Chi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 12:21pm:
The xp bonuses are not additive but multiplicative for ship, voice, pot, not sure about vip.

and thats an estimate +65% so with vip its either 80% total, or 1.65 x 1.15= 1.89, aka +89% bonus.

That would be brilliant... except that it's totally wrong in every respect.  XP bonuses are most definitely additive.

Stoner81 would be proud to meet someone with your skills in arithmetic.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
42!

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 12:21pm:

You're a complete MORON. They ARE additive.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #9 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:56am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 3:43pm:
You're a complete MORON. They ARE additive.

You graduated in law, You are the complete moron. Roll Eyes

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #10 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Chi wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:34pm:
That would be brilliant... except that it's totally wrong in every respect.  XP bonuses are most definitely additive.

Stoner81 would be proud to meet someone with your skills in arithmetic.

Ye, dunno why I was under the impression of multiplicative-ism, my bad.

Myth busted I guess. Sad

EDIT: Also who the fuck is stoner81? Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 4:02am by m4lacka »  

Wow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint