Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hammertime (Read 6295 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Hammertime
Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Looks like someone decided not to just roll-over after all:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461572-Swashbuckling-bug-V-S-Expert-bu...

Bartharok simpered:
Quote:
Actually, its not backwards. You used empirical evidence, which is notoriously susceptible to subjectivity thanks to the way its collected.

Coyopa made a guess based on the information granted over time.

Trying to be superior helps little.

And what did Cranestyle crank did Hammertop have?

Hammertop wrote:
Quote:
No. I'm sorry but you are even more wrong here.

See, Coyopa made a guess, period. He was musing and guessing about information that IS NOT AVAILABLE to anyone outside of Turbine's staff. Simple fact, that type of information has not been "granted" over time, it has not been granted at all.

Where on the other hand I am basing my conclusion on data, information, and developer statements available to the public and player community.

For the life of me I can't really see how it is possible that you keep getting mixed up about this, it is all rather obvious and hardly bears repeating, unless you are just trying to be obtuse and difficult in the pursuit of some other agenda.

Finally, although I hesitate post anything that might be seen as playing into your obvious and clumsy attempt at baiting me here, I think it bears saying that being right about something is not the same thing as "being superior", it is simple being right.

Either way thanks for your input.

I reckon Hammer got laid last night, and is feeling a bit more full of beans, I mean he even found a way to put "agenda" into his response, and look at his new signature! 

Do you think he know that he is about to be made a example of come Monday morning?  Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:02pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Biscuit
Ex Member

Re: Hammertime
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Lol. Bartharok the smartass. Pretty sure he is able to read your whole mind from one written sentence. And make 3974 false assumptions about you in the process.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
So how did Bartcock take being cunt-punted publicly? what was his witty comeback? 

Bartcock whined:
Quote:
Thank you for the evidence i needed.

Hahahahah, Cordoban's little bitches are even pretending not to be snitches anymore!  so much butthurt.  Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bartharok

one of the shittiest shit posters that ever did shit.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Bartharok is almost on the same level as Uska..

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Hammertop wrote:
Quote:
No need to thank me Bart, like I said before the evidence is in the form of data, game-play, and Team comments is public and widely available for any of us to look over, so I can't really take the credit.

Thanks for the post.

That is some fucking hilarious Crane-style pivot work right there!  Grin  I wonder if Bartcock take as much offense to his name being abbreviated as Uurlick pretended to.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 2:34pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 2:26pm:

omg! just noticed this. all his posts are usually just one sentence long excruciatingly boring replies. Could it be that he is an uska sock?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 2:33pm:
omg! just noticed this. all his posts are usually just one sentence long excruciatingly boring replies. Could it be that he is an uska sock?

Ahahahah I wouldn't even be surprised!

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 2:26pm:

Wow, that's pretty low then.....

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
someone give this guy a custom forum title.

he nailed it.

Although, really, with changes to sneak attack and thrown speed/proc rate achievable on throwers, the bard crit multi being fixed would actually make the best bard build possible only a 10-15% better than the best possible rogue heavy thrower build (11-13Rogue, 3(+) Monk, X whatever.

Now, if Turbine knows this, like cuz they read my threads, then he might be wrong and it's something else. Because that's not that much of an advantage, and that's at the absolute tuned, min/maxed upper margins of build+gear+pl's. Frankly, I don't think Turbine is aware of enough of these things in such detail to make design decisions.

I think they probably are ignorant, and assume based on incomplete investigation that the extra crit mod would make throwers so vastly overpowered that nothing could stop them.

It's probably because absolutely no one at Turbines plays a thrower, and certainly not at end-game, and probably thinks a Shuricannon is both beastly, and the be all and end all of everything. It's exceptionally easy to build and gear without PL's, and thus it's relative lower ranking on the power scale is probably eclipsed by SevPay's apoxic-rat like reasoning that anything more powerful than an easy to roll and gear shuricannon must be just SOMUCH op. Apparently he disparages shuriken builds on the forums, so we know he has a bias.

Just in case anyone relevant from Turbine is reading, You could change shuri builds without nerfing anything (unnecessarily) by fixing the SWB crit range. They aren't overpowered compared to melee builds now that you've buffed melee so hard, and it allows for a whole new class of builds to take place. If you would do that, and just add extra doubleshot for non-shuriken throwers, you could create a rich and vibrant environment for throwing builds of many shapes and sizes utilizing Bard, for all types of throwing weapons, which are otherwise balanced with the exception of Doubleshot/# of missile Procs as represented by Doubleshot, Shuriken Expertise, and Ninja Master.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
I also have a conspiracy theory that crit threat multiplier is busted on the Shuriken, or at least based on testing by people like gibbons regarding how crit threat range stacks bizarrley, that maybe crit multi stacks fucked up, and so they haven't touched it. Remember, right now, the crit threat stacking bug isn't so bad because there there are so few ways to decrease your crit threat range outside of Critzillas bizarre mix of classes and abilities, which deny the insanely powerful use of shurikens with stacking extra procs.

And it seems, the issue with crit threat stacking is not with IC Ranged, as all the IC feats seems to stack correctly. It with non-feat based sources of Crit Threat range increase which really bork things up and double stack, like Crit Rage, Exploit Weakness, Keen, and expanded threat range thrown weapons. So the issue sort of circumscribed, like a zit around an infected sebacious gland, containing it.

However, I theorize that non-Feat based sources of Crit threat for throwers also stack inappropriately, and therefore opening that up to SWB and Bard +Barb would be something of a Donkey Show.

Anyway, insane ramblings of a guy who likes throwing builds.

Post test edit:

Neither Lethality nor Master Builder seem to apply to throwing daggers. Would be nice if someone could alert the Known Issues list on motherboards.

Edit:

Lethality does seem to be applying to throwing daggers, while Expert Builder does not appear to do anything. Unconfirmed reports from Forest that none of the enhancements grant crit multiplier
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:33pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
We are of a same mind on what the impact of creating double shot options for all thrown would mean for the builds. How hard fucking hard could it be to change shuriken expertise to Throwing expertise???

They fix the crit multiplier = Mech/Bard/arty FTW

If you can stomach watching the twitch stream from Wednesday there was a point about halfway through when someone posted about the majority of Mechanic Sneak Attack dice being given to thrown weapons and Bows and it absolutely stumps fat Jerry:

"Thrown weapons and bows don't get those? gosh! really? someone should asked about that...." 

Cue collective face-palm. 

And I your right Hammertime needs a custom title.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:07pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:01pm:
I reckon Hammer got laid last night, and is feeling a bit more full of beans, I mean he even found a way to put "agenda" into his response, and look at his new signature! 

Because I feel it's necessary to be a bit of an asshat this morning...  the bird in his signature is a heron, not a crane.  Maybe on purpose, maybe accidental... but definitely not a crane.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Heron, not a crane... That is pretty clever.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 6:30am
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 8:17am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 6:30am:
I just started reading that.

It drags on too long. One solution is to treat the first book as the only book. Alternately, stop at three. If I remember right, three provides a feasible, "This could all be finished here."

If you don't stop at three, don't say I didn't warn you. 4-11 all kind of feel the same. There's a lot of whining. Different stuff happens to different characters, but ... it starts to feel Sisyphean. Harsh to say, but it was a good thing Jordan didn't finish before he died. Either Brandon Sanderson is a better writer, or he simply wasn't afraid of moving the plot forward the way Jordan seemed to be. The characters stop being walking parodies of themselves and regain the depth and complexity that made them compelling in the first place. He was still stuck with the contract and plot for 14 billion books, though.

The last three are as good as the first three, getting better as they go instead of worse, so at least it finishes on a high note. 12 still drags a bit, 13 is already a relief, but doesn't quite overcome the bloat, and 14 finally remembers there's a big bad villain to fight. If only they didn't expect you to know what happened in between, and who all these people are, you could feasibly get away with only reading those six.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #17 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 8:38am
Print Post  
"Actually, its not backwards. You used empirical evidence, which is notoriously susceptible to subjectivity thanks to the way its collected."

Wish Imaranger would meet this guy. He would eat out his heart.

Empirical evidence susceptible to subjectivity. LMAO. Grin Grin Grin

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #18 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 8:17am:
It drags on too long. One solution is to treat the first book as the only book. Alternately, stop at three. If I remember right, three provides a feasible, "This could all be finished here."

If you don't stop at three, don't say I didn't warn you. 4-11 all kind of feel the same. There's a lot of whining. Different stuff happens to different characters, but ... it starts to feel Sisyphean. Harsh to say, but it was a good thing Jordan didn't finish before he died. Either Brandon Sanderson is a better writer, or he simply wasn't afraid of moving the plot forward the way Jordan seemed to be. The characters stop being walking parodies of themselves and regain the depth and complexity that made them compelling in the first place. He was still stuck with the contract and plot for 14 billion books, though.

The last three are as good as the first three, getting better as they go instead of worse, so at least it finishes on a high note. 12 still drags a bit, 13 is already a relief, but doesn't quite overcome the bloat, and 14 finally remembers there's a big bad villain to fight. If only they didn't expect you to know what happened in between, and who all these people are, you could feasibly get away with only reading those six.

It seems like all really long series get bogged down like that. Unless they are by Jim Butcher.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #19 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 8:17am:

After wading through all of the books I'd pretty much agree. I always thought the dull middle ones were a result of poor editing rather than poor writing per se. Jordan's missus was the editor iirc and it was her job to point out the endlessly repetitive descriptions using identical words and phrasesfor the same characters, and the formulaic scene setting and tedious descriptions of what each female character was wearing.
it's an epic series though, but not for the fainthearted.

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 7:38am
Print Post  
merciless wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 3:54am:
After wading through all of the books I'd pretty much agree. I always thought the dull middle ones were a result of poor editing rather than poor writing per se. Jordan's missus was the editor iirc and it was her job to point out the endlessly repetitive descriptions using identical words and phrasesfor the same characters, and the formulaic scene setting and tedious descriptions of what each female character was wearing.
it's an epic series though, but not for the fainthearted.

Burn me, that's rude to say! (grand said while pulling on his braid....)

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 7:38am:
Burn me, that's rude to say! (grand said while pulling on his braid....)

+1

You could make a drinking game of that line.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint