Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I imagine you will hate this (Read 95597 times)
geoffhanna
Korthos Resident

Default Catchphrase

I imagine you will hate this
Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:41am
Print Post  
So I thought I'd give you a good place to start the hating.

http://www.gamergeoff.com/more-ddo-resources-the-forums-the-wiki-and-the-ddo-vau...

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: I imagine you will hate this
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:55am
Print Post  
no need to hate:) u presented your view, and i wont be probly only one to respect that.

just couple objections - the site is very mostly sfw - there are rules about nsfw visual content, which are followed.

and second - i personnaly found vault pretty better source for useful (non exploit) info, esp in build section. it s true that when one ask for some help, he got some dickjokes and PM Epoch advice, but very likely info from pretty competent bunch o people who are here.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:59am
Print Post  

Meh, I found nothing hate worthy in the post. I have never been banned or infracted, and I still don't like Cordovan, he's unprofessional. But that is My opinion. Have a nice day. Smiley

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:22am
Print Post  
The vault has safe-for-work rules, but it is - by any means-  not save for work. At least not for my workspace, an institution similar to the FDA.

As for the "hate": For a site like the vault any kind of attention is good attenion and your post will get us some new lurkers and members for sure. Some will come for the exploits, some will come for some herp-a-derp and some will stay for the tits/donuts.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:24am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:27am
Print Post  
No probs for me, good directions for noobies.

You are rather blind to Fat Jerry's many fuck-ups, after a couple dozen it stops being us picking on him, there has to be a basis for grievance otherwise the steam would have run out years ago.

It's not that Snook is the "disciplinarian", it's that he is such a inconsistent and slanted one.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:30am
Print Post  
I like it.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
WTF. Cordovan's real name is Jerry Snook??? For real? Huh Shocked

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Snookiee!! Grin Grin Grin

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:37am
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:41am:
So I thought I'd give you a good place to start the hating.

http://www.gamergeoff.com/more-ddo-resources-the-forums-the-wiki-and-the-ddo-vau...

Nailed it. Little "over the top" on Jerry's defense, but I know you guys do coffee in RL.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #9 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:43am
Print Post  
I would like to know how much Turbine pays for Cordo's (and Tolero's) position. "Powered by our fans." always sounds like "Let enthusiasts work for peanuts." to me. But maybe that’s just because I worked for marketing and we should expect more bang for the buck.. dunno…
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:44am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Links to wiki and the motherboards: White on white background?

No link to the Vault?

I would have included reddit as a forum.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/

oh and I haven't done this on the forums before
You're a dick!

have a nice day Cheesy

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #11 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Thanks Geoff for posting this here.  I respect your openness.

I know after reading your blog that you expect hatred, but I really hope you don't get it.  But chances are you'll get a couple of cheap shots - it is to be expected due to the diversity of people here.

I agree with some of what you say, but I also disagree with some of it too - and I will try to express why.

This statement in particular.
Quote:
As if the dross and hate were somehow contagious, or like maybe it is a pool of hate and if you dive in, you still have some of it on you when you climb out.

I think this characterises the Vault in a particularly negative way, and I'm disappointed that you feel this way as I respect you.  There are many different elements here - you take the good with the bad.  Most days I look forward to reading the Vault.  Sometimes I cringe, other times I almost spray my coffee on the screen as I lol, other times I skip threads completely.  Alot of communication occurs via PM's because the Vault is read by Turdbine and informants, so if you're not part of those, you miss a lot of interesting chatter.

I found this quote to be unbecoming of you, but it's your opinion to own.
Quote:
But if you go, I suggest you bring an alcohol wipe or other disinfectant.   Liberally apply on exiting the Vault.

And this:
Quote:
People who are banned from the forums are banned by Jerry, and end up on the DDOVault vomiting bile towards him as if it were something personal he did to them.
Hey, you pride yourself on how outlaw you are, you make a point of breaking the rules, okay, be that guy. But own it when you get caught, and stop blaming others for your own behavior. No one cares that “you can’t prove it for a fact” as if this was some kind of court of law where proof was necessary. You knew what you were doing. It was not Jerry, it was you, and you know it. Now man up (or woman up!) and own it.

I agree with the sentiment - if you do something wrong - own it.
But do you characterize the Vault as all rabid Jerry haters because we are DDO forums rejects?  That would be disappointing.
I think those are the minority. 
I'm not one.  I come here to be able to speak openly, debate and learn from others whose knowledge is greater than mine.

Sure there is lots of inane and puerile stuff here and you have to filter it.  I make absolutely no apologies for that stuff - it is a unavoidable byproduct of limited moderation.

But I find the open, honest and sometimes insightful comms here far more interesting than the sterile DDO forums with an obvious bias in the moderation.

There is a wealth of information and good people here if you invest the time.  You probably don't see that as a lurker.  I never really met the Vaulties until I started contributing to the community.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about the Vault.     Undecided
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:10am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #12 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Pretty much exactly my take on DDO Vault as well.

If you post here, you better have a pretty thick skin. And it helps to not take this place too seriously... Wink

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #13 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:48am:
No link to the Vault?

I'm assuming you ask this rhetorically?    Huh
He advises the need to sterilize yourself upon leaving, so I hardly think Geoff will include a link on his site as it would be seen as endorsing this site.

IP Logged

geoffhanna
Korthos Resident

Default Catchphrase

Reply #14 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:48am:
No link to the Vault?

I would have included reddit as a forum.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/

Both of these oversights have been corrected. Thank you for pointing them out.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #15 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:33am:
WTF. Cordovan's real name is Jerry Snook??? For real? Huh Shocked

Well. It is not a secret or anything.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:34am
Print Post  
I never had a problem with Jerry and i kinda felt sorry for his crappy job as the punching bag of the whole community..

I got banned from the motherboards and Facebook ~3 years ago because i reached my breaking point after MotuD hit live and it was justified 100%.

Stayed off the motherboards for years and DDO Vault was my main source of DDO related informations,new builds,number crunching on what works best(or correctly),current bugs and surprisingly it wasn`t the sploits paradise that it was advertised at first.

After spending time at the various subforums and watching Jerry`s desperate efforts to clean the forums from the naughty Vaulters i just stopped bothering and usually skipped these threads because the outcome is the same every time.

10% is baiting infractions,the rest 80% are banned because they got bated by the usual Turdhs and another 10% without any reason behind them like Tes getting kicked as being Teh_Troll`s sock  Cheesy A verified account that was part of PC  Shocked

We aren`t the blood thirsty revolutionaries that want to disrupt the Motherboard or Turbine,most of the posters here are hardcore endgamers (it was fun watching most raid Speedrun records being held by people banned from forums or using socks) with game knowledge far greater than all the tards in the motherboards combined.

For some reason we still love the game and don`t want to see it die but unfortunately our voices/suggestions aren`t heard in the official channels (not officially Wink ) at least.

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:29am:
Well. It is not a secret or anything.

I always wondered if that was his real name or his virtual/ official alias.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #18 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Truly a wretched hive of scum and villainy. But necessary.

LOL.

Quote:
Meaning, negative news about the game, bans and especially, exploits.

Not that many exploits as if it is a regular thing tbh. Maybe once in a while.

Quote:
As a result it is NSFW

Don't agree with this. There is a NSFW policy.

Quote:
I don’t think there is a single page on the whole site that does not contain a penis or someone being called a penis or at the very least, a dick joke.

Mentioning penises, dick jokes or any type of offensive language are abundant. But there are rules for NSFW material, so no penises (assuming pictures are meant there). Therefore, half of it is not true.

Quote:
But own it when you get caught, and stop blaming others for your own behavior.

Real Vaulties own it.

Quote:
It does serve a purpose. But if you go, I suggest you bring an alcohol wipe or other disinfectant.

Don't worry. We use condoms.   Grin

Anyway, fine. Carry on now.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #19 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:37am:
I always wondered if that was his real name or his virtual/ official alias.

Real.

https://twitter.com/jerrysnook

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:46am:

It's because of his twitter account that I wondered.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:12am
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:18am:
Both of these oversights have been corrected. Thank you for pointing them out.

new on reddit will “rank in chronological order” from newest to oldest

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #22 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
My only problem with your article is at no time do you mention mammary glands. Seriously dick jokes are a super minority compared to the amount of pure boobage that appears here.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #23 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:49am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:04am:
But do you characterize the Vault as all rabid Jerry haters because we are DDO forums rejects?  That would be disappointing.
I think those are the minority. 
I'm not one.  I come here to be able to speak openly, debate and learn from others whose knowledge is greater than mine.

Sure there is lots of inane and puerile stuff here and you have to filter it.  I make absolutely no apologies for that stuff - it is a unavoidable byproduct of limited moderation.

But I find the open, honest and sometimes insightful comms here far more interesting than the sterile DDO forums with an obvious bias in the moderation.

There is a wealth of information and good people here if you invest the time.  You probably don't see that as a lurker.  I never really met the Vaulties until I started contributing to the community.

All of this.

I have a DDO forum account in good standing and I've never had an infraction.

I find the DDO.Com forums to be a pretty terrible source of information because of Jerry's moderation.

People have complained about the signal to noise ratio here, but I find it to be pretty efficient (the noise is easily ignored), and much more efficient than Jerry's forum. 

At least here the participants are permitted to point out when someone is full of shit and support the assertion with confirmable data.

Prior to the Jerry's forum downgrade, I participated there much more regularly than here.  Since then, my urge to visit has declined to the point that I find myself following a link from here to a topic of interest there much more often than I click Get New Posts.

Jerry's egregiously biased and ham-handed "moderation" is much more sickening to me than the occasional Rick-Roll to Blue Waffles I get here, probably because the trolls here are usually honest and forthcoming about it, and so display more integrity than Jerry.

Quote:
Jerry Snook a.k.a. Cordovan, who has been put in the impossible position of being the forum disciplinarian while at the same time being the community face of DDO PR efforts.

Jerry's position is NOT impossible.  It may be time consuming and frustrating, but the things he does WRONG are WRONG because he chooses not to be impartial.  He doesn't need to give everyone who says "Severance Pay sucks" a hug and a code for 1000tp, but at a minimum he should enforce the CoC for everyone who violates it.

Regarding the Face of DDO PR, his lack of preparation for the quests and characters he will be playing on Twitch is completely inexcusable. 

Nobody expects him to have a triple completionist with all best-in-slot gear, however he should come prepared to use the abilities of the characters he's playing.  For example, if Rogue: Spot, Search, DD, OL gear, tools, and an understanding of about where the character's skills need to be in order to do the job.  Same for other classes.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 12:04pm by OldCoaly »  

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
jerry is a cock smoking retard. sorry to shatter your image of your hero, geoff

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Send TopicPrint