Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I imagine you will hate this (Read 95691 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: I imagine you will hate this
Reply #100 - Jun 23rd, 2015 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Sigh..... I'm going to have to put a tariff on invoking my name for verification .....
  Grin

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:04am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 11:53pm:
Sigh..... I'm going to have to put a tariff on invoking my name for verification .....
  Grin

Well I'm looking at this here Drop:

DropBear wrote on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 9:43pm:
Actually, I don't think many people here will care that much.
You need a thick skin to stay here.
And being called "Juvenile half-wits" is pretty tame to what we get normally.  Take at look at what Cordo's pet Uurlock (Vault name = Black Eyes) called us.  Water off a duck's back.

I would have to call this one of your very few bad calls, because while like you I thought Hammertime's post was pretty tame and harmless it does appear to have incurred some AA wrath.

Arkat and Ash did not appear to be amused at all.

Pretty aggravating for me really, considering the number of times that I personally have failed to get a rise out of Arkat when trying my hardest. 

To see some naive near-pally noob get the old bear to growl? no justice in life, just no justice.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:05am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #102 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:45am
Print Post  
You guys may be taking this in stride, but I am FUCKING PISSED OFF!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ABOUT PEOPLE POSTING USEFUL INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE?
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:45am by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #103 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:04am
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 9:31pm:
Because you cannot "edit" after the fact on a comment page as you can on forum threads

gumba wrote on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 9:31pm:
I understand you anger

lol

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Tranquil
Ex Member

Reply #104 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Haha!   Grin

I was doomed as soon as I gave any advice about typos and spelling! The ancient Grammar-Gods had no choice but make a example of me.

I suppose it's too late to pretend that I "meant" to do that isn't it?  Embarrassed

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #105 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 9:20pm:
FTFY.

Kiss

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #106 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Quote:

You are an enigma. I still think you deserve a special title here, but I'm not sure what it should be now.

The Lone Crusader

or

Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em

or

Untouchable

or

Not Looking for Friends

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #107 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:04am:
I would have to call this one of your very few bad calls, because while like you I thought Hammertime's post was pretty tame and harmless it does appear to have incurred some AA wrath.

Ooh, I like Hammertime. 
MC Hammertime it is.    Cool

Regarding Arkat - methinks there is a backstory between Darren and Arkat.
Do tell Arkat?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #108 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:45am:
You guys may be taking this in stride, but I am FUCKING PISSED OFF!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ABOUT PEOPLE POSTING USEFUL INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE?

It's ok, it's all in the Sunshine & Rainbows... (Or was it Unicorns?) forum, so you can safely abrogate responsibility for any useful information contained therein.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:38am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:34am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:40am:
You are an enigma. I still think you deserve a special title here, but I'm not sure what it should be now.

The Lone Crusader

or

Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em

or

Untouchable

or

Not Looking for Friends

By and large Strake only gives out a titles unasked if it is a temporary Herpaderp title for a fuckwit or fuckwit like behavior. Otherwise posters themselves have to have ask strake for a title, and I don't get the impression that Hammertoe is looking for that.

I like the "untouchable" suggestion, but I will be curious to see if that lasts now that hammertime has complained so publicly about fat Jerry on Geoff's site. I think it's a good bet he catches a ban for it, as obnoxious as that might be.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:37am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

taco
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Things I hate about Geoff:

Signs his posts when his name is right next to his link and run blog post.
Links to blog posts instead of just copy and pasting into the thread.

Haven't read any of his blog so no idea if it's objectionable or not.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #111 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:22am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 9:39pm:
Why not just let the fanbois play in their sandpit and just confine yourself to the technical forums with non-confrontational questions?

Don't do it, Hammertop! Keep fighting, even if you know you can't win in the end. You play this game because the ideals of High Heroic Fantasy drive you. Rail against the injustice of Cordovan and his gang of bullies, and retire here with friends and bitter veterans when the fight is burned out of you.

Like Beowulf facing The Dragon with only Wiglaf at his side, or Byrhtnoth letting Olaf cross the bridge at Maldon, fight Cordovan and his lickspittle lackeys Leslie and Urlock and others, and die with the last of your Saxons around you, holding the land you were given to hold!

I fought them once, as you do, with measured words and mindful caution. I burned out and gave up, and others, like you, have taken the standard from my slack hands. Crane_Mace took the battle farther than I did, and you’ve carried it farther still. I doubt you’ll win, but you’ll make progress, and you’ll inspire others. I hope that someday, before it’s too late, Turdbin will see the folly of trying to hoodwink their customers and will work with us to save a great game, instead of killing it with a thousand bleeding nicks.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

geoffhanna
Korthos Resident

Default Catchphrase

Reply #112 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:49am
Print Post  
taco wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 3:15am:
Things I hate about Geoff:

Signs his posts when his name is right next to his link and run blog post.
Links to blog posts instead of just copy and pasting into the thread.

Haven't read any of his blog so no idea if it's objectionable or not.

I know! What an ass that guy is.

It is possible that you may find interest in this topic http://www.gamergeoff.com/railing-against-the-forums-hammertop-states-his-case/, even if only to compare edits.

Or not. I already know I am not changing any minds.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #113 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:55am
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:49am:
It is possible that you may find interest in this topic

Tl;nb;dr

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #114 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Archiving and politeness are the two strongest weapons against any corporate employee.

Confused politeness is a master hack on almost anyone. That's why our world seems like it's run by dumb blondes. Dumb blondes actually do rule the world.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Hammertop
Ex Member

Reply #115 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Geoff is attempting to use my own posts against me with dishonest edits, I am attempting to repost my comment without his slanted edits on his site but he is attempting to silence me, so I thought I should post he exchanges here, after all he started this thread on the vault for the attention and traffic.

So why not bring the attention to his biased and dishonest attempts to edit my position?

Here is latest exchange from his site:

Hammertop wrote:
Quote:
Geoff I’m am going to have to repost my original comment here, so others can see how you minimize and mitigate what I was trying to say. As I posted originally I have the name, threads, PM’s to back all this up, I suppose that now I will need to find a unbiased site to post them if you try to put words in my mouth for me again. Please don’t do that, I did not post anything over the line or that isn’t truly reflective of [edit] the DDO forums.

Here is the original post folks, please read and compare to what Geoff has tried to pass it off as above, you can easily see Geoff’s agenda and how he is being misleading.

/start/

At this point Geoff removed it all again, while leaving up his biased and slanted "article" representation of what I had posted and added this little dig.

Geoff wrote:
Quote:
[Edited by Geoff, deleted the whole post from here on, it was a repost of Darren’s original comment including the personal attacks I removed once already and now a personal comment from Geoff]:

Dude I don’t know how to be clearer about this but you are not posting personal attacks on anyone at my site.

I’m sorry you are unhappy with my edits; I gave a significant good faith effort to represent your views and remove only the attacks.

I encourage you to rewrite your post yourself if you do not trust me to do it. Write something without personal attacks and I will leave it alone. [End of edit]

So I reposted my original comment with this preface:

Hammertop wrote:
Quote:
Darren Raffin says:
June 24, 2015 at 9:43 am
Geoff, I’m sorry but the original needs to be available now. This is because readers need to be able to compare what you did to it, and see the clear agenda that you were pushing, how you consciously misrepresented what I said specifically.

Your edit, was misleading and sought to dismiss issues by being so.

Here is the Original again, you need to leave it up for others to compare against what you have tried to foist upon them, if you really made a “good faith effort” this would be obvious to you. Sadly it was just a attempt to silence me and slant my view in a way that would make it easy for others to dismiss it.

Have some integrity and leave it up so that others can make their own conclusions. If you don’t have the common decency to do that? you had best pull my comments entirely, especially your “massaged” versions of them, because what you presented was not my comment or position, it was a attack on me and my thoughts under the guise of editing.

So post it all Geoff or pull it ALL, no half-way, when you decided to try and put words in someone else’s mouth you lost that option of doing that and maintaining any credibility. So remember: All of it, or none of it.

/start/

Geoff, It’s terribly disappointing to read that wrote such a slanted article regarding 3rd party forums, a wasted opportunity.

Mr. Snook has engaged in a “attack dog” policy concerning posters for the past year and his use is escalating. Nearly free reign has been given to several very high profile posters on the DDO forums, and these individuals will preemptively attack and belittle any new players or posters who ask questions in good faith. Anyone who takes the time to read the forum during the last month will see it writ large that anyone who disagrees with the group-think or fanboi narrative will be mercilessly bullied, trolled, and outright insulted until the quit or take the bait and post a response that allows them to be infracted. Mr. Snook is not just complicit in this activity, he actively encourages it by removing entire threads where his bully-boys have broken a new poster/player but have broken the ToS themselves in the process. When this happens Cordovan pulls the thread with the incriminating posts to spare his pet-trolls the exposure.

This practice has created a large brigade of Trollbois that become more and more blatant with every week.

Now before you try to discount me as someone who was banned and just has sour grapes, I’m not. I have been playing for 4 years, and only began posting on the forums in the past few months, and I am still “not banned” but not for lack of trying.

My forum name is Hammertop, I’m right there on the forums, and I have been subjected to over 180 ToS breaking attacks/trolls/insults in just the past month. While I have been active I have had to spend more and more time trying to craft my posts so carefully just to avoid a infraction but at the same time refusing to allow this Turbine sponsored bullies to silence me. The correspondence I have had to compile and constantly refer to with Turbine to avoid a ban is enormous and ridiculous, scratch that, it’s absurd. I have had to endure the kind of abuse that has seen scores of my new guildmates, and Khyber players just toss the game and leave.

It’s a vicious cycle, start playing the game, fall in love, want to know more, start researching, begin mastering content, look forward to updates, look for updates, then post questions about content and updates, be ridiculed for start date, try to ask more questions, be ridiculed for post count, defend you questions, be accused of being a sock, defend and invite Turbine to vet account, be trolled, become exasperated and post, be infracted, become more exasperated, Be trolled by the same 5-6 posters over multiple threads, waste time reporting dozens of posts for harassment, get trolled even harder by the very posters you reported for abuse, try to defend yourself calmly, be called passive aggressive and holier than thou, watch your mates get even more abuse, see them baited, see them banned, see the Cordovan’s bully-boys take a victory lap, defend yourself, get trolled, get infracted, and eventually give up.

You have to put up with all that, just to support a game you have found and fallen in love with, all that abuse because you are new, all that abuse because you don’t agree with the attack dogs.

None of this is a secret, it is acted out daily week after week and it drives new players and posters like me and my friends away again and again. But you didn’t even mention it, not one word, instead you attacked the vault and tried to paint Mr. Snook as a victim.

Well for the record, the vault is a pack of juvenile half-wits more interested in cheating than actually playing the game, I find very little useful information there, and most time spent there is wasted trying to figure out all the stupid inside jokes. But as obnoxious as they are you miss the point, they are powerless, all they can do is make noise in their tiny little sandbox, a sandbox easily avoided.

The only power the Vault has, is as a strawman the Mr. Snook uses to defend his questionable performance as community manager. Every time Cordovan makes a mistake that he gets taken to task for, like the instulting “wing-nut, tinfoil hat” comments on the DDOtwitch he uses the Vault as a excuse and blames unrest on the vault. This gives the Vault what little power it has, it is just a boogeyman that Cordovan drags out when he needs cover or wants to discredit dissenting opinion.

How ironic that the all the scumbags on the vault who think they have some effect on Cordovan are actually just a handy tool for him to use as the situation might require.

Anyone objective, who took a few hours to read the DDO forums in a detached manner can see that, and when it was time for you to write this article you should have done that. Instead you produced some puff piece that gave Mr. Snook and his trained pack of trolls cover. You ignore the alienation of the new players and posters.

Who do you want to help? the game or your apparent friend Cordovan?

In closing I have avoided using other posters name here to avoid giving you a excuse to delete my comments, or engage in the type of public shaming I and my friends have been subjected to on the forums.

But if you would like to have them. or if you are thinking about trying to dismiss my facts and experience in service of Cordovan, let me assure you that I have all the names, the incidents, archived versions of removed threads, and the extensive and surreal correspondence I have had to have with Turbine since I began posting just a few months ago.

Being able to have access to Turbine and report and support the game as you do is not just a privilege, it is also a responsibility, a responsibility to the game and it’s community. And right now the community and the game are in danger, danger of chasing away all the new players and posters who will replace the players who eventually leave, we are the future of the game, we will be the ones who pay for content and fill pug LFM’s.

Mr. Cordovan and his pack of favorites run the risk of chasing us off and strangling the game if they continue as they have. So now you have to choose whether you will help them do that, or really be a fan of the game instead.

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:56am by »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #116 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:47am
Print Post  
The Geoff vs Hammertop battle suddenly got interesting. What ever will Geoff do? What will Hammer do? No one knows!

Edit: Post on the vault is what Hammer will do.. after calling the vault a sandbox full of halfwits with no power. What is the meaning of this?
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:49am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Biscuit
Ex Member

Reply #117 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:47am:
The Geoff vs Hammertop battle suddenly got interesting. What ever will Geoff do? What will Hammer do? No one knows!

Edit: Post on the vault is what Hammer will do.. after calling the vault a sandbox full of halfwits with no power. What is the meaning of this?

Who the fuck cares how he called Vault? It was very entertaining read.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #118 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
Who the fuck cares how he called Vault? It was very entertaining read.

I think you misunderstood my point. I don't care what he called the vault or the vaulties.

I assume ppl have ulterior motives for doing things. Hammer belittles the vaulties, and then posts his battle here for what purpose? To get us to take his side? I fail to see the logic in that.

Then again, he might just be posting for us to make fun of him and everything involved, which we can do..

Then again, I get stuck on him belittling the vaulties and then experting anything else in return. Just go away Hammer.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:03am by Angry »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #119 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:02am
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:49am:
Or not. I already know I am not changing any minds.

Until you are willing to consider that yours is the mind that should change, you cannot hope to change the minds  of others.

Also, the 2hrs you spent "moderating" Hammer's message look alot more like spin than "moderation".  You would have been much farther ahead to avoid any interpretation in your [bracketed comments] and instead go with [REDACTED].  This would have reduced the apparent bias in your "article".

Regarding Jerry lacking sufficient time resources to be impartial, I have this today: HORSESHIT .

Two hours for that whole article....  have you considered ghost writing producer's letters?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Hammertop
Ex Member

Reply #120 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Geoff has pulled my original comment again while leaving his "edited" slanted version of it here is his comment when doing so:

Geoff wrote:
Quote:
[Edit by Geoff again]

I find your repetitive attempts to contravene my decision on this to be rather irritating.

I think I am being very clear about this. Say whatever you need to say, but do it without including personal attacks.

[end of edit]

Here is my response made while reposting my original comment in it's entirety without Geoff's biased edits:

Hammertop wrote:
Quote:
Geoff, I think I have been very clear, if you are not going to use the “actual comment” that I made, you cannot post a your misrepresentation of it.

You dishonestly edited it, to slant the content and my position and attempted to hide it under a “happy talk” style comments. If you had made those edits in “good faith” you would understand my point here. And if you had made them in “good faith” you would be willing to let others compare both versions. And finally if you had made those edits in “good faith” but felt my content wasn’t acceptable, you would remove all of it in it’s entirety, rather than leave any objectionable content OR what I have pointed out is biased editing.

By continuing to remove my original comment but leaving up your “version” of my comment, it becomes clear that you are in fact just using your slanted and dishonest version of my comment as a vehicle to push a agenda of your own. Well guess what Geoff? if you want to push your agenda you need to use your own words and make it clear they are your words, not hide behind the edited and warped versions of other people’s names and comments.

ALL of it, or none of it Geoff, I think I am making myself very clear here, to do anything else is a dishonest attempt to co-opt my comment for your purposes.

All or NONE>

/start/

IP Logged

Rushboy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
Geoff is attempting to use my own posts against me with dishonest edits, I am attempting to repost my comment without his slanted edits on his site but he is attempting to silence me, so I thought I should post he exchanges here, after all he started this thread on the vault for the attention and traffic.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #122 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:14am
Print Post  
I would say, Hammer, that fighting with Geoff in this instance is a little bit like fighting with a reporter. It's not really gonna get you anywhere.

What you could do, is to set up your own blog or page if you wish to post your original comment without moderation.

IP Logged

Hammertop
Ex Member

Reply #123 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:14am:
I would say, Hammer, that fighting with Geoff in this instance is a little bit like fighting with a reporter. It's not really gonna get you anywhere.

What you could do, is to set up your own blog or page if you wish to post your original comment without moderation.

Well I guess we now know that you have no idea what the difference between a reporter and columnist is.  One report facts and statements, the other writes their opinion. Big difference.

That said I have no interest in engaging with you Thaz, please stay out of this, it is not some fresh new drama for you to bath in.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:23am by »  

IP Logged

Hammertop
Ex Member

Reply #124 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Geoff deleted my comment again with a cute graphic but no comment, and he continues to call his article "Hammertop makes his case".

My response:

Hammertop wrote:
Quote:
Geoff, as I have made clear, if you are unwilling to let your biased edit subjected to scrutiny, you have no right to post it as my words. You are being dishonest in doing so, you repeated efforts to remove my original actual comment but still keep your “twisted and untrue” version of it as content for your site is unethical and exposes you and your agenda clearly.

You can post your edited version of my original comment only with my comment available Geoff, otherwise you need to remove my name and any pretenses that I wrote what you have edited.

ALL or NONE Geoff, very simple, to not abide by that makes it crystal clear that you are only using my name to hide behind while you push a agenda in a dishonest fashion.

All or NONE Geoff.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Send TopicPrint