Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I imagine you will hate this (Read 95767 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

Re: I imagine you will hate this
Reply #125 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Quote:
Well I guess we now know that you have no idea what he difference between a reporter and columnist is.  One report facts and statements, the other writes their opinion. Big difference.

I wasn't specifically referring to a newspaper reporter.

But that really wasn't the point.

Quote:
That said I have no interest in engaging with you Thaz, please stay out of this, it is not some fresh new drama for you to bath in.

Well.. fuck off then. Because drama is exactly what you are creating.

I was offering you an idea to an alternative way of getting your voice heard, but if you just want to act stupid and keep harassing geoff, feel free. He should just delete your comments and leave his post any way he likes until you GROW THE FUCK UP.

Shit head.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:37am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Hammertop
Ex Member

Reply #126 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Geoff deleted original post again

Hammertop wrote:
Quote:
Since you are unwilling to let others see what you have done in your “good faith editing” we are going to have to end this now Geoff, you need to pull down your misrepresentation of my original comment and go write a article of your own, about those fluffy polls you mentioned. Because you cannot use only portions of my original comment and then twist and misrepresent the rest.

If you don’t either removed your twisted version of my original comment or allow my original comment that you are attempting to monetize with a biased version exist along side of it I will take what legal remedies are available to me as the original poster and pursue them.

Put simply you created a Article entitled “railing against the forums: Hammertop states his case” and then knowingly perverted my position with malice and forethought. You then went to other third party sites to post about your article and post a link to it, to drive traffic to this site to monetize the content.

For those actions and reasons you have only two choices available to you now, you post it all or you post none of it. I’m not going to sit by and allow you to attempt to twist my words and misrepresent my original comment so that you can push your personal agenda and try to create traffic and money with it.

ALL or NONE Geoff, and next time? don’t be so blatant in your biased editing, and perhaps you will get away with it.

/start/

IP Logged

Hammertop
Ex Member

Reply #127 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:54am
Print Post  
So now Geoff has blocked me from pointing out how he has twisted my comment for his and Cordovan's ends.

Nice work Geoff, very telling.

You start this entire thread to drive traffic to and get attention for your site, but when you get caught misrepresenting and using the words of others you hide from it.

Very telling indeed.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:58am by »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:19am
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:49am:
I know! What an ass that guy is.

It is possible that you may find interest in this topic http://www.gamergeoff.com/railing-against-the-forums-hammertop-states-his-case/, even if only to compare edits.

Or not. I already know I am not changing any minds.

Yeah but you are changing other people's actual words right Getoff?  ya little bitch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #129 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:14am:
I would say, Hammer, that fighting with Geoff in this instance is a little bit like fighting with a reporter. It's not really gonna get you anywhere.

What you could do, is to set up your own blog or page if you wish to post your original comment without moderation.

No, it's not, because a reporter would either have the integrity to report accurately or have consequences for his dishonesty, and Geoff apparently has neither.

Hammertop's request to pull the comment entirely if a middle ground cannot be reached is perfectly reasonable. I respect Geoff's right to pull it if he finds it unacceptable, but not to edit it in a way that distorts the original intent.

Geoff, this is beneath you. Comments posted to your blog do not become your intellectual property. Take it down unless and until you two can work out a version that you both find acceptable.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #130 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Quote:
So now Geoff has blocked me from pointing out how he has twisted my comment for his and Cordovan's ends.

Nice work Geoff, very telling.

You start this entire thread to drive traffic to and get attention for your site, but when you get caught misrepresenting and using the words of others you hide from it.

Very telling indeed.

So you are surprised that guy who defends Jerry to the ends of the earth actively moderates posts and acts in poor faith? 

Really? And the rest of us are the half-wits?  You didn't think it through.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #131 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:31am
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:49am:
I know! What an ass that guy is.

It is possible that you may find interest in this topic http://www.gamergeoff.com/railing-against-the-forums-hammertop-states-his-case/, even if only to compare edits.

Or not. I already know I am not changing any minds.

The fact that you can dish it but can't take it then change words to seemingly back your case is pathetic. Sure it's your site, but if you want people to take you seriously you'll tell and show the true story and not an edited version because you didn't like it.

You're the epitome of what's wrong with our media these days. They twist and angle things to promote their agenda. You try depict yourself as honest and unbiased but are in reality anything but that.

At the least you are disingenuous, but mostly likely you are a liar.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:34am by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #132 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:33am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:02am:
I think you misunderstood my point. I don't care what he called the vault or the vaulties.

I assume ppl have ulterior motives for doing things. Hammer belittles the vaulties, and then posts his battle here for what purpose? To get us to take his side? I fail to see the logic in that.

Then again, he might just be posting for us to make fun of him and everything involved, which we can do..

Then again, I get stuck on him belittling the vaulties and then experting anything else in return. Just go away Hammer.

"I assume ppl have ulterior motives for doing things."

Is it sad and/or tiring living with that belief and the extra processing it requires?

(I suspect people think little before they do most things, including post here and including me.)

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #133 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Bah, fucksticks - that's quoted the wrong name, but the right text. Bizarre. It was, erm *scrolls up*, Thaz.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #134 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:23am:
Hammertop's request to pull the comment entirely if a middle ground cannot be reached is perfectly reasonable. I respect Geoff's right to pull it if he finds it unacceptable, but not to edit it in a way that distorts the original intent.

Geoff, this is beneath you. Comments posted to your blog do not become your intellectual property. Take it down unless and until you two can work out a version that you both find acceptable.

Indeed. I know who I think comes out of that looking bad.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #135 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Hammertop's request to pull the comment entirely if a middle ground cannot be reached is perfectly reasonable.

Not really, since Hammertop is not trying to find a middle ground... to quote him ALL or NOTHING. ( multiple time )

if at least he tried to find a middle ground... but he doesn't.

note : I'm not defending geoff, I'm just stating the obvious. I usually don't visit the site and most of the time the ad posts just rubs me the wrong way.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hammertop
Ex Member

Reply #136 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:02am:
Until you are willing to consider that yours is the mind that should change, you cannot hope to change the minds  of others.

Also, the 2hrs you spent "moderating" Hammer's message look alot more like spin than "moderation".  You would have been much farther ahead to avoid any interpretation in your [bracketed comments] and instead go with [REDACTED].  This would have reduced the apparent bias in your "article".

Regarding Jerry lacking sufficient time resources to be impartial, I have this today: HORSESHIT .

Two hours for that whole article....  have you considered ghost writing producer's letters?

As I posted I am now full spectrum banned, so I don't think I will be around much anywhere DDO is a subject. But I did see this post by you and I thought it deserved a honest response from me before I left.

Coaly, I posted here on the Vault for the same reason I posted my thread about ToEE loot drops here on the Vault. So it would be seen and last, not because I wanted anyone to be on my "side" or because I wanted to be made fun of.

I posted here because no matter what problems I have with the Vault posters, I knew that if I posted here at least it would last, and be available if anyone wanted to look for some reason in the future.

On the main forums and on Geoff's site that is not the case, I saw what happened to Crane, and what happened to me several times. So whether I like it or not I appreciate that the Vault would at least let it stand.

And it says a lot that the only place my posts will be available untouched is a place the I expressed my distaste for.

But wasn't it better that I am honest about how I felt about the Vault, rather than trying to kiss up to you guys and have it both ways? 

Just a thought.

IP Logged

ThereIsNoSpoon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Why doesn't everyone just report him on the official forum.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/462043-DDOGamer-Railing-Against-the-Fo...

I can see at least 3 guidelines he's violating by posting that.
https://www.ddo.com/en/community/community-guidelines

It'd be interesting to see how Jerry doesn't do anything about it.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
What a fucking cunt Geoff is. I mean I always thought he was annoying, but this is such a clear hand job for Jerry... it's fucking breath-taking in it's manipulative nature.

I hope you get your just desserts Geoff, you are fucking cancer.

IP Logged

geoffhanna
Korthos Resident

Default Catchphrase

Reply #139 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I know better than to try to change minds, but I do want to correct a handful of things.

RemRemi wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:17am:
Let's see him try to post some smart ass comment, that must be why your here now eh asshat?

Yes I have had a Vault tab open all day. I usually do now that I am working from home. Not when I was working in an office though!

Quote:

and

Flav wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:46am:
note : I'm not defending geoff, I'm just stating the obvious. I usually don't visit the site and most of the time the ad posts just rubs me the wrong way.

There is this interesting idea out there that I am seeking to "boost my traffic" for some reason. I don't make money off of DDOgamer. It has no ads. It's just a fansite that I run because I can. I like to promote the game, I like it when people read the blog, and I make an effort to let people know about it, but again, it doesn't make me money. It costs me money.

And it is probably not money well spent.

Quote:

No, I blocked you for spamming the site with the same 1200 words over and over and over even after I asked you to stop. Nicely. Several times.

RemRemi wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:19am:
Yeah but you are changing other people's actual words right Getoff?  ya little bitch.

No, that did not happen. I removed some of his words, and clearly annotated where I did that, and included a (clearly annotated) summary of what I thought he was trying to say.

However, I probably am a little bitch.

NoGoodDoc wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:31am:
Sure it's your site, but if you want people to take you seriously you'll tell and show the true story and not an edited version because you didn't like it.

No one is going to take me seriously no matter what I do. Nor should they. But again, his post was not "changed". It was "moderated", as fairly as I could (which you may disagree), and completely transparently (which you cannot disagree).

Nor did I do anything to the many angry posts Hammer added to the article, except to remove the 1200+ word original comment, which he spanned half a dozen additional times.

See above regarding intent. And I didn't really get a request to pull the comment, I received arrogant orders to include all of the original content including the personal attacks that I had removed.

But the rest of your point may have some validity, maybe? I think I am in the right here, but I don't believe I am unassailably so, rather instead, I am quite fallible. Perhaps this is yet another instance.

Would today be different if Hammer had said something like "Hey Geoff, I don't think you got the meaning of my comment right, can we hold off on your post?" Maybe.

But I dunno, I'd already done the whole graphic and everything, and besides we all agree that I am just a little bitch. And an asshat.

You guys really do need to add some ranks to your Insult skill. I miss Gawna.

harharharhar wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:13pm:
Wow, GAME BAN? How in the world can that be justified?

I don't know what to say about this. Whatever else you can say about the guy, he clearly has a passion for the game. Nothing he said on my site should have anything to do with anything in-game.

Maybe there is more to the story?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
ThereIsNoSpoon wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:14pm:
Why doesn't everyone just report him on the official forum.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/462043-DDOGamer-Railing-Against-the-Fo...

I can see at least 3 guidelines he's violating by posting that.
https://www.ddo.com/en/community/community-guidelines

It'd be interesting to see how Jerry doesn't do anything about it.

Simple. After the bans and the cranemace mess jerry got himself into, he needed some good publicity. What better way than to get his dick sucking, cum swishing, pin cushion to write an article for him? Genius. Motherboards will click on the bait giving geoff his site hits. That he so desperately needs. Please guys, give him hits. He begs for it all the time. He's the ddo version of a reddit karma whore that posts clickbait.

So much fail, geoff. You should probably consider killing yourself now.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #141 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:45am:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ABOUT PEOPLE POSTING USEFUL INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE?

I've stopped.  I'm sorry for any past transgressions.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

geoffhanna
Korthos Resident

Default Catchphrase

Reply #142 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:39pm:
Simple. After the bans and the cranemace mess jerry got himself into, he needed some good publicity. What better way than to get his dick sucking, cum swishing, pin cushion to write an article for him? Genius. Motherboards will click on the bait giving geoff his site hits. That he so desperately needs. Please guys, give him hits. He begs for it all the time. He's the ddo version of a reddit karma whore that posts clickbait.

So much fail, geoff. You should probably consider killing yourself now.

Still nowhere near Gawna level but it is an improvement over "asshat"

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #143 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:33am:
"I assume ppl have ulterior motives for doing things."

Is it sad and/or tiring living with that belief and the extra processing it requires?

(I suspect people think little before they do most things, including post here and including me.)

Yeah, I guess I overestimate ppl.

Geoff's site is registered? as a fan site of ddo... so I guess that would affect what he writes, or allows on his site. But he already told Hammer several times he will not allow the original comment on the blog, yet Hammer went full retard and kept demanding all or nothing. Before blocking, Geoff asked Hammer to rewrite the comment himself, which he refused.

I honestly don't understand what Geoff's intentions with this blog post was. Maybe he thought he was being fair? A mistake on his part seeing as the drama it created. Or maybe he was just looking for more views on his blog? I donno.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:44pm by Angry »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:41pm:
Still nowhere near Gawna level but it is an improvement over "asshat"

no one has shit on me. fuk a gawna.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #145 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 9:43pm:
Take at look at what Cordo's pet Uurlock (Vault name = Black Eyes) called us.  Water off a duck's back.

I still laugh to myself when I see uurlock tooling it up in the shithole forums and knowing what a dipshit wannabe trollbro he is here.   Grin

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #146 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:38pm:
No one is going to take me seriously no matter what I do. Nor should they. But again, his post was not "changed". It was "moderated", as fairly as I could (which you may disagree), and completely transparently (which you cannot disagree).

Oh I can disagree without breaking a sweat, you misrepresented what Hammer had said in entire sections you removed, and then prevented any readers other than then those of us on the vault from being able to see how much you misrepresented it. If hammer hadn't posted here you would have successfully blog-raped him cold.

Preventing any of the readers of your site from being able to see what was really written? hardly transparent Geoff, you lying cunt. 

And as for your parting "Maybe there is more to the story?" classic Jerry's kids tactic, thanks for showing us your hand fuckwit. Hammer had walked a tightrope over on the mobo successfully since The Crane got the axe, if anything his post were even milder of late, the only thing that happened was you posting a link to your site from the mobo to tank him, and I would imagine dropping Jerry a couple of PM's bragging about the solid you were doing him.

Bam, Hammer is gone, so when you say "Maybe there is more to the story?" it's pretty clear you wrote it for your own gain at Hammertop's cost.

Now run along and make some more of your phone light-hearted bullshit comments, you lying prick.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:56pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #147 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:52pm
Print Post  

do yourself a favour and go play in traffic you fucking twat

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #148 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Rushboy wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:12am:

brilliant.  sim-sala-bim worthy even.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #149 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Fact: Everyone at Turbine is very busy. The kind of detailed moderation you want is very time-consuming; it took me an hour to properly edit this one post! If I was facing a thread full of dozens of such posts it would take all day. No way Jose.

No, they are not busy. And, no, it wouldn't take all day. You're just not very bright, so...

Quote:
Just for the record, it took me two hours to moderate and properly respond to this one comment, and even that wasn’t really enough, I had to cut myself short. Still, two hours! That means something, in and of itself.

Yep. Retarded. confirmed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Send TopicPrint