Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I imagine you will hate this (Read 95641 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: I imagine you will hate this
Reply #50 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:15pm:
Also - Exactly what does it take to be seen as a Vaultie? You've posted here a number of times Geoff as have I - Are we Vaulties in Cordovan's eyes?

Exactly this Fran.
Does posting here forever taint you as Evil and Foul?
There are many reasonable posters who come here to debate or defend their positions.

The community here is at least as diverse as the DDO forums (likely more so).  Openly calling out the vault in the way he did is an oversimplification of reality.  Cordo has recently allowed a very slippery slope to get even steeper and greasier.  It will get out of control.

Don't worry Fran, we love you here.  The attention you receive here is a subtle sign of the love the peeps here have for you.
Either that, or at least you know where you stand here because people are honest?    Huh

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #51 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Fran, you're a Vaultie.
Infracted for some nebulous reason? Check.
Posting on the Vault? Check.
Some sort of personality disorder? Check.

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:30pm by rest »  

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
http://www.hannasolutions.com/DDO/ddo.png

Given the relationship described above, I would also advise that vault users block www.hannasolutions.com and hannasolutions.com to prevent IP address harvesting via hosted sig image.

If I were friends with an adversary site I would certainly pass along the logs for correlation. Not saying Geoff does, but he could, and if I thought of it...

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:29pm:
Fran, you're a Vaultie.
Infracted for some nebulous reason? Check.
Posting on the Vault? Check.
Some sort of personality disorder? Check.

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

Smiley

Best laugh all day. Thanks rest!

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #54 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:23pm:
Don't worry Fran, we love you here.  The attention you receive here is a subtle sign of the love the peeps here have for you.
Either that, or at least you know where you stand here because people are honest?    Huh

Lol - Have you seen Rubbins' thread about me?

What I get here isn't honest - It's blatant nastiness!

The reason I simply accept it is that I know there's nothing I can do about it other than state my case and move on!

Whereas on the DDOForums there's supposed to be something you can do about that sort of shit but unfortunately the trolls there know exactly what they can and can't get away with saying!
They say the same things as here...Just couched in terms they can get away with and hidden away deep in posts that they know Cordovan won't wade through!

I know for a fact that Cordovan has been influenced by people here into infracting me!
I'm still stunned that he allowed himself to be browbeaten by a few trolls from over here into moving my "Know Your Enemy" alts thread to the achievements forum when he knew full well that I don't consider it to be any kind of achievement!
I also note that a number of those troll posts are still in that thread and were never removed!

Now I didn't know that Crane_Mace was a vaultie though I suspected he may be.
HOWEVER: I didn't go into that thread and accuse him of being one without proof!
I didn't go into later threads and continue to make those accusations about yet another player without proof!
I didn't crow and brag after Cordovan stated that he was a Vaultie!
I'm sure we all know the people who did do those things!
People who I no longer have any respect for!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #55 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:39pm:

The reason I simply accept it is that I know there's nothing I can do about it other than state my case and move on!

OK, but it's the same nastiness we all get. You don't get special nastiness. Well, maybe a little because you're well known and outspoken on the main boards, but not much more.

The point is you're just as unwelcome to make your point as the rest of us, and you're free to make it as often as you like. You can beat that horse for a whole week if you want to, and we'll all admit you make more sense than Bambibeer, and are less annoying than Diddles.

I'm sorry to hear Cordo has it in for you too. I like to see highly visible proof of the damage the current "policy" is doing because I hope that will lead to getting it fixed, but it's unfortunate that the proof comes at the expense of innocent people.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #56 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:09pm:
Regarding Jerry, you all are way too hard on him.

No, we aren't.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #57 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:51pm
Print Post  

Whereas on the DDOForums there's supposed to be something you can do about that sort of shit but unfortunately the trolls there know exactly what they can and can't get away with saying!
They say the same things as here...Just couched in terms they can get away with and hidden away deep in posts that they know Cordovan won't wade through!

I know for a fact that Cordovan has been influenced by people here into infracting me!
I'm still stunned that he allowed himself to be browbeaten by a few trolls from over here into moving my "Know Your Enemy" alts thread to the achievements forum when he knew full well that I don't consider it to be any kind of achievement!
I also note that a number of those troll posts are still in that thread and were never removed!

Now I didn't know that Crane_Mace was a vaultie though I suspected he may be.
HOWEVER: I didn't go into that thread and accuse him of being one without proof!
I didn't go into later threads and continue to make those accusations about yet another player without proof!
I didn't crow and brag after Cordovan stated that he was a Vaultie!
I'm sure we all know the people who did do those things!
People who I no longer have any respect for!

Can you please do the world a favor and just fucking kill yourself already?

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #58 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Also - Exactly what does it take to be seen as a Vaultie? You've posted here a number of times Geoff as have I - Are we Vaulties in Cordovan's eyes?

Tainted by touch. If you've ever typed the letters v-a-u-l-t in sequence, you're dead to him. He banned my mom for that. True story.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  

I was going to help you! You clearly are devoted to the game! There isn't any need to blame others! You have been playing for years! Why not improve! We're here for you!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #60 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:50am:
It's because of his twitter account that I wondered.

He also has a LinkedIn account.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #61 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:58am
Print Post  

I meant honest as in at least you know how Rubbins feels about you.
Isn't that a fact of life - we all have someone who does not like us in RL.  Why should forums be any different?
On the forums, they'll be setting you up as your fwiend and then spamming the report button on your ass.

As Meursault said, you do need thick skin here.  We all do.  It would be no different if I said something stupid and someone disagreed with me.

People are going to disagree with you sometimes - expect it, especially if you express your views and they are non-conformist.

Do you know the quickest way to end a flame war - stop posting.
Either state your case or apologize and move on.

Nuff said.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #62 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:47am:
I was going to help you! You clearly are devoted to the game! There isn't any need to blame others! You have been playing for years! Why not improve! We're here for you!

See!  We're here to help!
Rubbins just has a different way of communicating it.   Grin

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #63 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Exactly what does it take to be seen as a Vaultie?

Balls.    Grin

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #64 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:25am:
He banned my mom for that. True story.

LMAO.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #65 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Geoff, I think that was a pretty good write-up. There are good reasons for the CoC, and it's damn stupid for anyone to whine about getting banned for violating it. It gets foggy when someone is banned for a minor infraction. It gets even foggier when examples of that same infraction remain posted by others in the same thread.

TL;DR: You have not thought this through.

Quote:
Hey, you pride yourself on how outlaw you are, you make a point of breaking the rules, okay, be that guy. But own it when you get caught, and stop blaming others for your own behavior. No one cares that “you can’t prove it for a fact” as if this was some kind of court of law where proof was necessary. You knew what you were doing. It was not Jerry, it was you, and you know it. Now man up (or woman up!) and own it.

This paragraph expresses the majority of opinions posted in the Infractions section. Why have you written it as if responses here are not exactly the same? I think you're missing some crucial information.

You don't make it a secret that you lurk here. Is it just that you missed all of the times someone came whining after getting banned, showed us the infraction, and then got laughed at and told they deserved it?

Or is it too much cognitive dissonance for you that sometimes the consensus is an infraction was unfair? You do recognize it's impossible to hold Jerry to a standard of no mistakes, right? Meanwhile, it is a good standard, and serves an important role in getting the judgment right as often as possible, and especially in correcting a judgment made in error.

I'm confused. You appear willing to group everyone who posts here with the whiners. By that logic, how do you not characterize the official forums by their lowest?

Matters of uneven enforcement aside, the official forums are associated with a place of business, and that business is legally at risk, and at risk in the market for what goes on in them. It's understandable that a moderator treats everyone there the same way a playground monitor treats children. No one can be allowed to take responsibility for themselves, because that puts Turbine's liability in the hands of strangers.

It doesn't have to be likable. Painting someone in an adversarial light for expressing dislike on a different forum is unhealthy. And in no way is it one of Jerry's job responsibilities. Come to the place where it is spoken, if you disagree. If this concept is difficult, be aware that is a sign you are at risk of codependency. It's called passive aggression. Turbine's policies, while reasonable in other ways, force any participant in their forums to act in a passive aggressive manner. I imagine this goes double for a moderator.

Often, those who have been banned have been banned for refusing to be passive aggressive. Yes, I hear the objection you raise, why participate then? I think that question demands the participant to be clairvoyant. But the better question is if you can see it coming, then why are you participating?

The Vault does not have anything like the same liabilities. People can be treated like adults. And regardless of their age, they usually are. Just as the opposite happens on the official forums. Regardless of age, people are treated like children.

Accountability is possible here. On the official forums, it's impossible. That responsibility is moderated for you (or left unattended, sometimes for years, until someone with a chip on their shoulder goes digging through history).

In The Vault's Defense, it can't be defended. There is no "Vault" in the way you seem to think of it: a singular entity, with a singular personality and agenda. There will always be an urge to paint the posters here as a unified group, but the simplicity of thinking it doesn't make up for how wrong it is. You post here. Uurlock posts here. Cetus posts here, etc. Each owns his/her own responsibility.

You don't know me, and for that reason, you shouldn't trust me. That's the way I like it, and that's why The Vault suits me. Don't take me at my word; take my words on their own merit, or lack thereof. If you prefer, you are quite free to group me with some of the idiots and fuckwits who post here. Dismiss me because of where I post, if you like. Who am I to say how much complexity of thought you want to have when you look for community resources for your video game?

If you think my words have merit, though, then you have a problem with the official forums. Blaming me or anyone else for that irritation will never make it go away. Excusing Jerry for his part in an adversarial relationship with Turbine's customers is also not fair to Jerry. He has reasons. Holding him accountable for them is adult behavior.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #66 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Frans crossed over to the dark side.  Its like George RR Martin writing an issue of Archie.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #67 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 2:51am:
Frans crossed over to the dark side.  Its like George RR Martin writing an issue of Archie.

Or Salvatore writing LOTR the sequel?

Précis - the new series of ten novels kicks off with the Hobbits busily smoking ganja in Hobbiton, and a new dark skinned Hobbit protagonist, Driz'zt, having to clean up the remaining forces of Sauron.
In his encounters, he comes across a commander called Artemis who becomes his nemesis.
In beating down the Uruk-hai, he discovers that they're actually a matriarchal society and he has to take on a new deadly foe, called matron mothers.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:14am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
http://www.hannasolutions.com/DDO/ddo.png

Given the relationship described above, I would also advise that vault users block www.hannasolutions.com and hannasolutions.com to prevent IP address harvesting via hosted sig image.

If I were friends with an adversary site I would certainly pass along the logs for correlation. Not saying Geoff does, but he could, and if I thought of it...

Sounds like a great conspiracy. Can you tell me more?

Preferably in the form of a newsletter or some other periodical.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #69 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:02pm:
its official now

vault forumites worse than those on reddit

next milestone will be out doing 4chan

DropBear wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:58pm:
Yes, he's human as are the majority of us here.

Needs fewer humans.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:06am
Print Post  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #71 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:28pm:
I'm sure even Hitler's dogs were fiercely loyal to him.  Insert appropriate joke about your mouth and Jerry's dick here.

You lose.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #72 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 9:21am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:03am:
Or Salvatore writing LOTR the sequel?

Précis - the new series of ten novels kicks off with the Hobbits busily smoking ganja in Hobbiton, and a new dark skinned Hobbit protagonist, Driz'zt, having to clean up the remaining forces of Sauron.
In his encounters, he comes across a commander called Artemis who becomes his nemesis.
In beating down the Uruk-hai, he discovers that they're actually a matriarchal society and he has to take on a new deadly foe, called matron mothers.

Considering what he did to Star Wars I wouldn't want him anywhere near Middle Earth!

Salvatore wrote a Star Wars novel and killed off Chewbacca!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #73 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 9:21am:
Considering what he did to Star Wars I wouldn't want him anywhere near Middle Earth!

There's no worries...

Tolkien enterprise ( aka Middle Earth Enterprise aka Saul Zaentz ) is anal when it comes to derivated works from their IP ( The Hobbit and The Lords of the Rings )

The Tolkien Family, while a bit less anal than the above can, and will, make a fuss if things derivated from JRRT's work still in their hand ( everything NOT The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings ) does not fit their vision.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Coasterhops
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 9:21am:

But don't we all love it when a high profile character from any substantial Series gets killed, there's nothing quite like that 'what the fuck' moment.

Also would anyone really give a shit if Hobitton was burnt to the ground and all the miniature Trolls slaughtered?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Send TopicPrint