Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Crane-spawn (Read 8881 times)
Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Crane-spawn
Jun 17th, 2015 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461701-Turbine-going-live-with-unteste...

Solid boobies at the beginning of the thread, then he starts going into to whack-a-mole mode when "Jerry's Kids" start jumping him. Even uses the term Fanbois, wont end well.

Guess his Crane-Foo needs more work.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Crane-spawn
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2015 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
i dont know why anyone really cares so much if it has bugs

everything has bugs in this game

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2015 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
My god, that is so wise... I'm going to write that down, you're really something special.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Failedlegend, amazing comedic mind!
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2015 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461701-Turbine-going-live-with-unteste...

Failedlegend wrote:
Quote:
You do realize they have their QA team right once it hits lama its mostly just going to be numbers tweaks. Thats why the Council exists and i gotta say their doing a bang up job, and i think we did pretty good last year

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 8:45am
Print Post  
And that is why I almost never read the MB. Good ******* god how bloody stupid can those disgusting dickheads get?

In their own mind it's perfectly normal that devs don't fix the bugs cause that is way it has to be. Iron Clan 's mom must be really proud of her "special" kid.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2015 at 8:45am by Artorias »  

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Only way things are going to change is if no one buys the Warlock package due to the bugs.. (like that will ever happen). Money talks and if nobody is paying for untested buggy code they might do something about it. But all the completionists are already poised to grab the package thus confirming that turdbine can spew out whatever trash they want and we will keep lapping it up like the good little consumers we are.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Anyone who thinks Lama is a test server is naive.  The fact that occasionally people report bugs that they find on Lama and that those bugs then get fixed before a roll-out is just a happy coincidence.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Looked like Hammertop got pretty pissed off and got suckered into saying some ToS breaking shit, looks like he is toast.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 10:09am
Print Post  
@AllBorkedup
Im not buying warlock. Already made my mind since it was announced and now im more sure than ever. The real problem is that Turbine is ripping off customers who want to hold their completionist feat.

@BigPeanuts
Agreed. I already wrote once that Lammania is a PREVIEW server but let's be honest about one thing. If you as a company release some new content as preview and it's completely bugged you're not really giving a good impression of yourself (Flav also pointed this I recall)

All in all I feel like this update is kinda of a blackmail with ransom included:

You want your completionist feat back? Pay the new shitty class broken as it is.

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #9 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 10:41am
Print Post  
I am going to be getting it just for the simple fact that it will be nice to play something a little different then the standard builds that are currently out there.

Sad fact is I enjoy the game bugs and all. I might bitch and moan but I will still ante up for new content/class's etc. Been here close to 6 or so years now so have weathered a lot of changes both good and bad. Least this might give a little more variety. Just wish it would come with some long needed bug fixes and revamps as well but that is to much to ask for.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 11:51am
Print Post  
AllBorkedup wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:43am:
Only way things are going to change is if no one buys the Warlock package due to the bugs.. (like that will ever happen). Money talks and if nobody is paying for untested buggy code they might do something about it. But all the completionists are already poised to grab the package thus confirming that turdbine can spew out whatever trash they want and we will keep lapping it up like the good little consumers we are.

I do wonder how many accounts have completionist, though. It seems like pushing out crap and counting on the completionists to keep it afloat is a risky model. Didn't Super Producer Glib or whatever his name was say there were like 3 of them left? Or was that some other rare accomplishment? Whatever, there can't be many left at this point, and they aren't selling it for $500, so they are going to need broad appeal to make a ROI.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
AllBorkedup wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:43am:
Only way things are going to change is if no one buys the Warlock package due to the bugs..

I won't be buying it. I think I'm not alone.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:54am:
Anyone who thinks Lama is a test server is naive.

I think Lama is a test server for my builds. Would be a pain to test all the ideas I have on life.
(I thought it was more back when I tried to report all the bugs I came across but I stopped it when the bugreport bugged out)  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2015 at 12:49pm by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Failedlegend, amazing comedic mind!
Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 17th, 2015 at 10:11pm:

Well he is right... What gets showed to the PC gets tweaked a bit for numbers, then it hits L-Space and gets more tweaking... and then it's pushed Live.
Bugs will be dealt with at a later date. I read something about that yesterday... here : http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-pentagons-concurrency-myth-is-now-available...
Concurency Development : put in operation something that is field tested and barely out of prototype stage... and then play catch up.

L-Space is a preview server : it's broader than the PC and it allows Kookie to collect more feedback... While the Kobold that Jumped Ship Before Being Fired wanted to make it a test server, since he Jumped Ship it's back to being a preview server.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:38pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 12:33pm:
I won't be buying it. I think I'm not alone.

I'm not either, and I know the 4 RL friends who have logged on in the past year aren't buying it as well. The pevailing sentiment is why spend money on a game that buggy, wait for them to get things under control first.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:37pm:
I'm not either, and I know the 4 RL friends who have logged on in the past year aren't buying it as well. The pevailing sentiment is why spend money on a game that buggy, wait for them to get things under control first.

this is silly.

the bugs are often the most fun part of this game.

then again, looking at a mostly flawless game like Destiny, bug free can be awesome too.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #16 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:46pm:

Some bugs, sure, but I'm talking about the ones that interfere with normal play.

Stacks of bottled tornados? OK, that was cool, and I've got hundreds in reserve in case that bug comes back, they make playing fun. Having to dismiss and re-summon my dog AGAIN to make him pull a lever, not so much so.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 3:17pm:
Some bugs, sure, but I'm talking about the ones that interfere with normal play.

Stacks of bottled tornados? OK, that was cool, and I've got hundreds in reserve in case that bug comes back, they make playing fun. Having to dismiss and re-summon my dog AGAIN to make him pull a lever, not so much so.

Minor game bugs can be worse than major ones. They're harder to notice, sometimes affecting only a small portion of the players, and fixing them often gets pushed down the list of priorities. Sort of inherent in the definition of "minor bug."

But they're a real irritant, and after being irritating for long enough, they impact gameplay as much as a major bug. To you, your dog might as well explode upon summoning.

Sometimes, though, Turbine really just seems to categorize a player's problems as "not my problem," while categorizing a fun bug as "major."

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Failedlegend, amazing comedic mind!
Reply #18 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:36pm:
Concurency Development : put in operation something that is field tested and barely out of prototype stage... and then play catch up.

Think they'll try that on the space programs?

It sounds very glib, and I'm sure it is appropriate in some industries under some circumstances (where the risks are low and theoretical testing is not effective).  Mining is an industry that tends to do it.  You can spend 12 months doing bench testing and theoretical modelling, but sometimes it's quicker to isolate an area and try something different and assess how it worked.
Some do, some don't.

In software development, it is not a prudent approach.
Once you lose a customer due to dissatisfaction, it is hard to get them back.
To the bean counters and shiny pants, it would sound great - faster development times, "free" beta testing and less accountability (everyone else is doing it).  But shit product really does make you look unprofessional.  It all comes down to Turdbine's belief in customer retention is short so therefore quality doesn't matter as they will leave anyway.  Self-fulfilling behaviour.

Most reasonable people are tolerant and a few non game breaking glitches like string table errors are going to get thru - but most devs who take pride in their work swing back and fix most of the known bugs in the first hotfix.  The devs I know hate the idea that their work has errors or is substandard.
I guess the Turdbine employees mostly don't GAF or aren't allowed to GAF by their leader.
Turdbine just seem to pick and choose what suits them to fix when they like, with no weight given to the impact on players/customers.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #19 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 6:39am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:46pm:
this is silly.

then again, looking at a mostly flawless game like Destiny, bug free can be awesome too.

Destiny mostly flawless? Hehehehe, as long as they want to believe it, I will never be banned. The problem with destiny is that people post stuff on fucking youtube and they seem to pay attention. They are more subtle ways to spread information and continue access to perks.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #20 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Well there were over 50 Warlocks yesterday on Orion about 1 hour after the launch . Logged onto today and there are about 30-40 and starting to see a lot more mains that made the transition now rather then just an alt tester. Even have a Guild called Warlocks Inc...

Looks like its a success if this is mirrored on other servers. I would imagine that most have already had the TP saved up by favor like myself but never know some might have actually purchased it.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #21 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
AllBorkedup wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 9:15am:
Well there were over 50 Warlocks yesterday on Orion about 1 hour after the launch . Logged onto today and there are about 30-40 and starting to see a lot more mains that made the transition now rather then just an alt tester. Even have a Guild called Warlocks Inc...

Looks like its a success if this is mirrored on other servers. I would imagine that most have already had the TP saved up by favor like myself but never know some might have actually purchased it.

VIP's get it free.
Give it a week or so - first few days is probably people grinding out completion ist lives.
Unfortunately, a few days of playing Warlock is likely so boring the rest stop playing them too.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 11:51am:
I do wonder how many accounts have completionist, though. It seems like pushing out crap and counting on the completionists to keep it afloat is a risky model. Didn't Super Producer Glib or whatever his name was say there were like 3 of them left? Or was that some other rare accomplishment? Whatever, there can't be many left at this point, and they aren't selling it for $500, so they are going to need broad appeal to make a ROI.

I belong to a fairly active guild on my server and I actually have a more difficult time thinking of a guildie who doesn't have completionist.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #23 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 6:04pm:
I belong to a fairly active guild on my server and I actually have a more difficult time thinking of a guildie who doesn't have completionist.

LOL, same game, such a different experience. I guess we really do settle into circles of similar individuals.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 7:58pm:
LOL, same game, such a different experience. I guess we really do settle into circles of similar individuals.

There been quite the grumbling about Warlocks too. We all now joke around about the thing that keep us playing and almost unanimously it's each other and not the game content/updates. It's only a matter to time before one of us snaps due to the many incompetent design decisions made by Turbine. Then the whole guild will come down like a house of cards. My gut tells me there are quite a few smaller guild out there that are the same.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint