Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Full bans what a coincidence thanks Jerry & Geoff (Read 54703 times)
Hammertop
Ex Member

Full bans what a coincidence thanks Jerry & Geoff
Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Both my forum account and game account have been banned as of this morning, both listed as "never to be lifted".

So thanks a lot Jerry, and Geoff? thanks for passing on whatever you passed on to him and Turbine so they could axe me first thing today. 

I should be really angry, but surprisingly I'm almost relieved. I'm going to take the time and money I was willing to give the game to make it better and spend it somewhere that it will be appreciated.

I rest easy knowing I did my best and didn't give up to easily, I will also take comfort knowing that while Jerry Snook won't catch any flack for this ham-fisted action you are now exposed as the lackey you are Geoff Hannah. I do hope you are proud of yourself.

Meanwhile Jerry has blocked me successfully, there is no way I can expose him without resorting to whole distasteful Sock nonsense, and I refuse to waste any more time that way or anyway on a game who's community is being "managed" to a slow death. 

So that's it for me, the fact that a player who was willing to really invest monetarily and personally in a 9 year old game  has been reduced to signing off from  here, The Vault? well it says a lot.

To those of you sticking with the game, best of luck, it is a amazing system in so many ways (especially the core and customize ability) , I am sorry if I didn't have a chance to quest with more you, and that I won't in the future.

I would ask that if you meet some Nooby's give them what help and encouragement you can, but maybe don't tell/show them how to exploit unless they ask, it makes the new "everything is fantastic" period last longer.

So now I'm off, I guess I'm glad it's over, I'm glad I will be getting a chance to go play other newer games with a clear conscious knowing I tried my best.

Also, I'm relieved that I don't have to try to be careful with what I will post and I won't have to keep attempting and failing to follow Crane-style anymore.

And with that in mind: Jerry, Severlin, Tolero, Geoff, Uurlock, paleus, blackheartox, Bartharok, Chai, Fran, Failedlegend, Jetrule,Quahlor, Leslie W., and all the rest of you toadies and liars?

You are all a bunch of big fish in a tiny little pond killing the game and chasing off new players to service your egos, so free to go fuck yourselves.  (for the record I did like the tiny pond).
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:52am by »  

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Full bans what a coincidence thanks Jerry & Geoff
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
shitty, sorry to hear that. I was enjoying your posts on the mb. Didn't think the recent ones were too strongly worded, unless I missed some - all you were doing was providing suggestions.

What a sorry state the company has fallen to when personal grudges determine company policy.

IP Logged

Biscuit
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Are you kidding? What a piece of ridiculous crap Turbine is.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
That is pretty damn ReDickulous. Sorry to see ya go, happy trails and all. Wish they'd hear of Accountability over there at Turbine, maybe the could have given other MMO's a run for their money by weeding out the shitters instead of allowing them to fail upwards. (Shit floats) should be Turbines new motto.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Confirmed.

Quick search shows all his renown is gone, forums won't let you send PM's or friend requests, and he has no listed last activity date or time even though it shows his last post at 6:30am today.

And hey, no offense meant by the checking Hammer, we just have a history of people crying wolf about bans and then backpedaling.... it's a vault thing. Embarrassed

Seeya Hammertime, fly now, fly like a Crane you silly bastard fly!
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:12pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Wow, GAME BAN? How in the world can that be justified?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
I would guess that Fat Jerry and Sev_Pay don't like having their dirty laundry aired on what are supposed to be "pet" 3rd party sites like G.H.'s even if their minions on those sites try to rinse it for them. Even though Geoff kept deleting Hammer's comment the ongoing posts by him made it obvious how he was trying to hide the hatchet-job he did on it, almost as damaging as Hammer's original post.

Clearly someone (cough, cough.. geoff! cough) dropped a dime on Hammertop, or I don't know... maybe Jerry faps every morning to the hero-worship Geoff spews on that site and saw it himself.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:19pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Hammertop, I have 2 Heroic Otto Stones and 10 bank toons full of good starter gear for all levels waiting for you on Khyber, if you feel like starting a new account. I applaud anyone who stands up for themselves, and says fuck the consequences.

PM me if interested.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Well said HarHar (yikes, that stung to say) that's a really decent offer to make and I hope you take him up on it Hammertop.

Even though I shouldn't be, I am so surprised,  it's just despicable and heavy-handed, just really fucking despicable for this to happen.

Here is what I believe may be the smoking gun:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/462043-DDOGamer-Railing-Against-the-Fo...

So not only did the cunt Geoff rewrite what Hammer wrote, he posted a fucking link to it on the mother boards overnight! which is why he wouldn't pull the article when Hammer saw and asked for it to be pulled. The fucker really was using Hammer to drive traffic to his poxy little site. Hammer went to the trouble to go to a non-Turbine site to speak his mind and got buttfucked by Fat Jerry's biggest fan.  Nice work Geoff, are you getting lot's of hits? oh no can't back down can you Geoff? what's that? Hammer complaining? just block him and get him banned right?

You fucking cunt Geoff.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:32pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:09pm:
Confirmed.

Quick search shows all his renown is gone, forums won't let you send PM's or friend requests, and he has no listed last activity date or time even though it shows his last post at 6:30am today.

And hey, no offense meant by the checking Hammer, we just have a history of people crying wolf about bans and then backpedaling.... it's a vault thing. Embarrassed

Seeya Hammertime, fly now, fly like a Crane you silly bastard fly!

you're not dropbear, we all know only dropbear can confirm things xD

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Both my forum account and game account have been banned as of this morning, both listed as "never to be lifted".

I can't believe they banned you in game for this. Are you sure this is what really happened,as I've never heard of the likes.

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
What a mess.
Hammer, i would take some money in the hand, get a lawyer and sue (or just have him write a nice letter to) Turbine and Geoff for this bullshit.
You don't have to bring this to court, but every legal action WILL attract heavy attention.

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:47pm:
I can't believe they banned you in game for this. Are you sure this is what really happened,as I've never heard of the likes

You've also never seen the "Community Manager" try to ingratiate himself so much with certain members of the community just to alienate others will stupid bullshit such as this.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
I can't believe they banned you in game for this.

Really?

You really are naïve.

Some of personalities presently at Turbine are too fragile to be in the Community-running or Game-developing business.

The fragile ones believe their shit doesn't stink and when it's clear that it does, the capacity for denial there is mindboggling.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:00pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear it Hammer. Wish I could say I'm surprised - but I am sorry to hear.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
I can't believe they banned you in game for this. Are you sure this is what really happened,as I've never heard of the likes.

I can. He eloquently posted things that flew directly against Turbine and his ideas and thoughts were gaining a foothold and a following. They had to get rid of him and Geoff (which he'll never admit) complaining to Jerry was a convenient excuse.

People have died/assassinated in real life for that exact reason.

Hammer: Thanks for being the voice of reason. I didn't agree with everything you wrote but I admire and respect your way of putting it into words.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:09pm by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #16 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Fuck it...Ban him here too and give him his Green Jacket.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #17 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:06pm:
Sorry to hear it Hammer. Wish I could say I'm surprised - but I am sorry to hear.

Where's your "Thanks for (not) playing" picture now ?

IP Logged

archon
Korthos Resident

Hugs! Not Drugs!

Reply #18 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
A game ban?  I can't even.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #19 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:08pm:
Fuck it...Ban him here too and give him his Green Jacket.

lol@Green Jacket!

love how he bagged on the vault then turned here for refuge and sympathy.  I agree with the ban suggestion.  if for no other reason than it would be funny salt in a whiny wound.

and Geoff what a POS you are for getting the guy banned.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:20pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #20 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Wow checked out a few of his posts and really don't understand what merited a full ban. Really sad when people speak their minds and get punished for it if not politically correct or represent another viewpoint not shared by the current powers that be.

Removing his voice does not get rid of the issues he was bringing up. I don't agree with everything said but everyone is entitled to their point of view without being at risk of losing their account. The idea of someone getting punted from the game over something said in a forum is uncalled for Sad

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:19pm:
and Geoff what a POS you are for getting the guy banned, and panhandling for hits on a site you morally disagree with and openly bashed, and for turning a reply into an "article", lying to us, lying to yourself, for touching that little kid, for fapping to jerry's twitch stream, for getting your teeth dyed blue from tolero's mangina, and just generally being a passive aggressive bitch.

ftfy

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #22 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:12pm:
Where's your "Thanks for (not) playing" picture now ?
Meh.
Now that other people post it for me - I haven't posted it in 9+ months. For me it's retired, but I got the herd-mind to click in, so job done. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:36pm by Memnir »  

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #23 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
sadly nothing new...

we all know here that the protected members of the official community will do anything to get somebody on their target list banned...

anything can include ( and will not be limted to ) :
- digging out years old posts to report so that somebody gets banned
- piling on a thread written by somebody and reporting each and every post from said somebody
- trolling in threads in such a way that people will get infracted ( if they loose it )
- baiting in threads in such a way that people will get infracted ( if they loose it )
- snitching of supposed game exploit used by said somebody to get him/her game banned.

And since the Monkey Job and Sloppy Work by Memnir we know that there's several level of posters on the main forum....
Those that can get away with some terms and those that will get infracted by the same terms in the same context.

While I disagree in how you handled the geoff thingie ( you could have done it better IMHO ), I feel your pain.
Now maybe you can ask the reason of the game ban... after all nothing is related to the game as far as I know, it was all forum things.
( unless you were sitting on stacks of duped stuff that is  Roll Eyes )
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:41pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Wow, ridiculous.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint