Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Full bans what a coincidence thanks Jerry & Geoff (Read 54768 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Full bans what a coincidence thanks Jerry & Geoff
Reply #125 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 5:25am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 4:44am:
Please, vegemite is pretty much a natural repellent for any living, non-Australian life form.  It could even keep strippers away in 'one of those' strip clubs.  Just shows that dropbears have some taste.

Skoodge - a gentleman of exceptional wisdom and unparalleled intellect.
Smiley

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #126 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 6:48pm:
Pretty sure the reason Geoff edited Hammer's post is so his site can remain an official Turbine-approved fan site "worthy" of being listed as such on the DDO Forums.

Fan site content cannot be counter to the DDO Forum rules apparently. That's one reason, among many, why the DDO Vault will never be an approved DDO fan site.

Not sure why Geoff really cares about being an approved fan site but I suppose you can ask him.

It would seem the link/ post on the ddo forums has been pulled.

I thought my blog would have been a fansite... until I read that you have to apply for it, and applying means you bind yourself to follow some rules: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/133596-READ-BEFORE-SUBMITTING-Fansite-...

Quote:
Sites must not contain any illegal, unauthorized, offensive, or objectionable content or promote the violation of Turbine's terms of service, code of conduct or end user license agreements.

So, no thank you. If I wanted to restrict my blog to follow the forum rules, I wouldn't have any need for a blog. (It's my party and I cuss if I want to)

Edit: It would seem that Geoff is pushing the boundaries just by mentioning the vault on his site. Even worse.. linking to it.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 5:37am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #127 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 6:32am
Print Post  
I bow deeply before master's of art.

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:13pm:
Is not fabrication it's moderation.

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:15pm:
you mean annotation?

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:21pm:
Maybe, it could also be elucidation, or explication, perhaps even interpretation.

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:22pm:
or even masturbation

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:27pm:
Any masturbation involving Geoff and Cuntovan would only end in perturbation

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:33pm:
surely there must be some fornication

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:34pm:
the friction could cause conflagration

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:38pm:
giving geoff constipation?

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:39pm:
probably ending in detonation, this is not an exaggeration

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:42pm:
luckily geoff can always bend over and lift up his bustle for ventilation

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:44pm:
leading to more penetration

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:45pm:
such exhilaration

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:47pm:
fit for publication

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:47pm:
but big ole jerry doesnt fit in geoff without lubrication

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:48pm:
or some modification

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:51pm:
a four finger sensation?

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:51pm:
not without vibration

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:55pm:
rub it in circulation

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:56pm:
you leave nothing to the imagination

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:59pm:
geoff's anus needs no preparation

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:01pm:
he awaits the continuation of Cuntovan's violation

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:05pm:
Is that when jerry throws in a little asphyxiation ?

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:07pm:
only when geoff is into some exploration

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
when is he ever not into rectal exploitation

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:12pm:
after vigorous defecation

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:22pm:
he might feel differently after such anal liberation?

Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:22pm:
fuck you and this thread, i need a vacation.

And then Yobai killed the fun.
A last hurrah

CosmicCharlie wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:28pm:
His conflict of interest is gay retardation

That was fun  Grin

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #128 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:16am
Print Post  
That sentence tennis is just procrastination.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #129 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:48am:
Or is that you, seriously pulling a McCarthy? "I have here in my hand a list ..." Yeah, I'm sure you do. So is that what Cordo's been doing? Arranging committees on Un-Turbine activities? Is everyone scheduled to run around in fear of the Vault Menace until you die of alcoholism?

Oh, I knew it sounded familiar but couldn't quite place it, good call.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:16am:

Grin

and thx snu snu!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #131 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:16am:

I've come to that realization

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #132 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Thank you SNU for the itemization, i feel trepidation will soon affect the vaultie nation.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #133 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:25pm:
Is HT really forum banned, though?

I can still search for, and Rep, his posts on the Turbine's forums. His Rep just appears to be turned off - not gone, merely hidden.

I admit I baited with a post on Geoff's post, and Jerry answered. He says HT is not forum banned (which is why I bothered to look into it myself). If HT was game banned, it would also register as a forum ban... but again, it does not seem like he really is.

Somebody here is being deliberately disingenuous, Jerry or HT. I admit to not really giving a fuck who it is. But, there is more then a little befuckery present.

DropBear wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 3:48am:
Mem,
This is following the same process as Crane.

Ban the account.  Owner logs in and realises it's permabanned and just gives up.
Then Cordo unbans the account, likely removing posting privileges for safety and then claims "wut? I did nossing!".
"It wasn't me, maybe they left in shame because they're Vault socks."

That's likely how the Crane account went.
Once your account is permanently banned, why would you keep trying to log back in?  I reckon he can leave the account unbanned, but prevent it posting.  If so, this would appeal to Cordoban's sense of humour.

Cordo is manipulating the truth to suit his own ends because no-one can question the facts - but reading between the lines is still transparent.
Hope you can see it.

This is Jerry's comment yesterday:
Jerry wrote:
Quote:
just to be sure, I double-checked the forum status of the person claiming to have been banned both in-game and on the forums. They are not banned on the forums at all. I can’t check on an in-game ban without a request to CS, but if they were banned in-game they’d be banned from the forums, and they aren’t banned from the forums…

If the person in question wishes to post in compliance with the Community Guidelines, there should be no impediment past or present preventing them from doing so.

This was just the same announcement he made about Crane_Mace, so I tried to post a response again and again but Geoff kept deleting it and then started calling me HT:

Factor tried to write:
Quote:
Really? then why did all his reputation disappear this morning, and why can't you send him PM's, and why can't you friend him, and why is his last activity not available to be seen where as it was prior Jerry?

And while your here isn't that almost word for word what you said about Crane_Mace before you then "reviewed" his account and banned him blaming the whole affair on the Vault?

So what should we wait a couple of hours for you to, post on the mobos or here how Hammertop is now banned because you "found" something?

How many times can you fellows run the same game and expect us all to believe it Jerry?

And how long will my post here be allowed to point out how wrong you are?

Of course it wasn't allowed to remain at all, and Jerry went on to spin more tales to Mem after that.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:44pm by »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #134 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
FredCouples wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:27pm:
If Hammer and Factor are the same person and are dumb enough to be posting from the same IP, couldn't someone here confirm that?

They sure could. YaBB records IPs from which posts are made.

Quote:
Even if they are both the same IP address, that does not mean they are the same person. They could live in the same house or in an apartment complex with included internet. Or be using the same proxy, or any number of other explanations (on same wireless carrier... etc).

If it were just two people posting from the same IP, I'd agree with you.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:03pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #135 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:48am:
Geoff, did you fall asleep and let Meli post while you were still logged in?

Or is that you, seriously pulling a McCarthy? "I have here in my hand a list ..." Yeah, I'm sure you do. So is that what Cordo's been doing? Arranging committees on Un-Turbine activities? Is everyone scheduled to run around in fear of the Vault Menace until you die of alcoholism?

Exactly, a day later and he still wasn't able to cough up anything, if he had anything he would have led with it.

And it's a day later after he got busted for bullshitting about the content he removed from Hammer's post, but he still hasn't found a excuse for why other than to spin the article.

After a couple of us posted what was actually removed along side of what Geoff "said" he removed? he was busted cold, so?... Geoff ran away.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #136 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
If you want continue playing I am sure it wouldn't be a problem to get you a good abandoned FTP account with packs n stuff. Could be funny to spread the word you got one more score in this thing?

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #137 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
DDO Gamer front page reads

"So it seems that I made three errors yesterday that resulted in everyone (and by “everyone” I mean both of you who occasionally read this site) getting splashed with a slobbery mess of rage and hate.

My apologies to those of you who had to wade through it, and my thanks for those who posted kind words while trying to navigate the frothy maelstrom.

Without getting too weepy, here is what I did wrong:

I believed that a seemingly very earnest guy named “Hammertop” was a real person (although in fact he turned out to be a sock puppet of a person who uses the DDOVault account “Factor“).

I thought his issue regarding the DDO forums was real too, and worth discussing (whereas in fact the whole thing was an elaborate and unusually long-running troll)

When the topic started to generate more-than-expected heat, I thought I would be able to address it with honesty and transparency (uselessly, as the people who are raising the drama are really only after drama: intentions and facts are irrelevant).

So again, apologies to those who may have come here yesterday for a light read and bad haiku but instead found themselves hip-deep in ugly.

Tomorrow, back to inanity and useless drivel, like usual."

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
So that is how many times he has made the claim with nothing but "his word" to back it up?

Anyone keeping track? because that number is getting bigger all the time.

Isn't it interesting that he posts this over there and not here? after spending days posting and whipping up attention for his "vault" thread here on the vault last week and then gleefully posting again and again in threads here yesterday he is now gone and decides to post this there instead, "preaching to the choir" full stop....

Oh! that's right, he got caught telling lies here on the vault, and had multiple examples of how he had lied about the comments, editing the comments, and the content of the comments. And of course when he tried to call factor/Hammer he couldn't back it up.

No wonder he posted this there where he has full control to tell whatever tales he wants with no one busting him.

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #139 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:01pm:
They sure could. YaBB records IPs from which posts are made.

If it were just two people posting from the same IP, I'd agree with you.

So, are you confirming that Hammer and Factor as well as other accounts are logged as the same IP address here?

If so, what does arin.net (or the European or Asian equivalents) have to say about that IP address? Wireless carrier? Cable? Popular Romanian proxy?
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 4:19pm by »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:56pm:
So that is how many times he has made the claim with nothing but "his word" to back it up?

Anyone keeping track? because that number is getting bigger all the time.

Isn't it interesting that he posts this over there and not here? after spending days posting and whipping up attention for his "vault" thread here on the vault last week and then gleefully posting again and again in threads here yesterday he is now gone and decides to post this there instead, "preaching to the choir" full stop....

Oh! that's right, he got caught telling lies here on the vault, and had multiple examples of how he had lied about the comments, editing the comments, and the content of the comments. And of course when he tried to call factor/Hammer he couldn't back it up.

No wonder he posted this there where he has full control to tell whatever tales he wants with no one busting him.

What could he possibly post that would be considered proof? Server log IPs?  That could be easily faked.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #141 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 3:55am:
Goddamnit RV!
Would you stop giving away our one and only weakness, or I'm going to have send my cuz around to rough you up.
Bloody Google is the bane of the modern predator.

You mean this guy? Sheesh. If I'd known he was only there to rough me up, I wouldn't have gone full GLaDOS on him.

Next time, send them equipped with hang gliders or something to steer with.

Then things will get interesting.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:43pm:
DDO Gamer front page reads

"So it seems that I made three errors yesterday that resulted in everyone (and by “everyone” I mean both of you who occasionally read this site) getting splashed with a slobbery mess of rage and hate.

My apologies to those of you who had to wade through it, and my thanks for those who posted kind words while trying to navigate the frothy maelstrom.

Without getting too weepy, here is what I did wrong:

I believed that a seemingly very earnest guy named “Hammertop” was a real person (although in fact he turned out to be a sock puppet of a person who uses the DDOVault account “Factor“).

I thought his issue regarding the DDO forums was real too, and worth discussing (whereas in fact the whole thing was an elaborate and unusually long-running troll)

When the topic started to generate more-than-expected heat, I thought I would be able to address it with honesty and transparency (uselessly, as the people who are raising the drama are really only after drama: intentions and facts are irrelevant).

So again, apologies to those who may have come here yesterday for a light read and bad haiku but instead found themselves hip-deep in ugly.

Tomorrow, back to inanity and useless drivel, like usual."

Holy, he's dishonest.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #143 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 4:44am:
Please, vegemite is pretty much a natural repellent for any living, non-Australian life form.  It could even keep strippers away in 'one of those' strip clubs.  Just shows that dropbears have some taste.

Truth. It just best illustrates the tradeoff between the ability to use something you own and the ability to keep it safe.

Yes, vegemite prevents you from being able to use your brain.

If you need that particular advice, it's better to shut off all access rather than suffer through watching your own brain used against you.

I am a denizen of the internet. That should have been warning enough. If it wasn't then yes, vegemite just might be for you!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #144 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
madman wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:07am:
True.  And there are several husband and wife, or parent and kids that play.  They would have the same IP.

So, yeah IPs aren't proof.

I think you miss the point.  The Same IP isn't proof that Hammer is Factor...but wildly different IP's make is much more likely that he is not.

And I dont think he is anyway.  Geoff is a fuckwad

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #145 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:32pm:
Thanks.  I'm entering this drama late and haven't had a chance to review all that has transpired overnight my time.

This is rules of propaganda 101 - someone at Turdbine has found a book or done a weekend marketing course.

Establish a hated identity and produce "evidence" of their appalling crimes against whatever you want.  In this case - the Vault (full of anarchist).
Get the consensus of public opinion (DDO forums) to turn against that "common" enemy.
Associate anyone you don't like with the identity. (Eg. Crane Mace, Hammer etc). By association, they're evil, vile and corrupted.
Voila - Win!

If you look big picture enough, you can see this all around us and is used to manipulate public confidences to nefarious ends.
If you find yourself disliking or hating something but aren't sure why - you just "know" they or their products are bad.  You've been whammied!  Wink

The part that Cordo is stuffing up is the "own" it part.  For it to work, you need to be confident in your resolve and own the actions you take so that people will follow you blindly.
Poor Cordo.  He's trying to deny any involvement whilst simultaneously looking like he took action to his sycophants.  Then his story starts to fall apart and he starts to recreate the facts and it all becomes murky and he calls upon his sycophants to rally to the Turdbine banner (for TP and favors, of course).  Go team DDO!
I wonder if they have t-shirts and secret handshakes for their "brotherhood"

All this does leave me wondering - Is there nothing that Turdbine can implement successfully - other than business failure?

This sounds awfully familiar from other things both recent and nearly a year old Wink  Everyone fucks up the 'own it' part or goes so batshit retarded when owning it that they become their own worst enemies.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #146 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:50am
Print Post  

AtomicMew wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 4:36pm:
What could he possibly post that would be considered proof? Server log IPs?  That could be easily faked.

At least it would be proof that he is trying to show us that his speculations are true... Making allegation without at least giving a tiny bit of proof rubs The Vault the wrong way.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #147 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 6:32am:
I bow deeply before master's of art.

:

And then Yobai killed the fun.
A last hurrah

:

That was fun  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H3Sv2zad6s

Quote:
:
Tell me, who of them will come to be?
How many of them are you and me?
Dissipation
Race relations
Consolation
Segregation
Dispensation
Isolation
Exploitation
Mutilation
Mutations
Miscreation
Confirmation
To the evils of the world
:

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #148 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:31am:

This is why you made the Vault after all!  Kiss

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #149 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 11:16pm:
I think you miss the point.  The Same IP isn't proof that Hammer is Factor...

they're probably just "roomies."

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint