Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Release Notes u26 Patch 1 (Read 10510 times)
doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Release Notes u26 Patch 1
Jun 25th, 2015 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Update 26 Patch 1 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 26 Patch 1, released on Thursday, June 25th.

News and Notes:

Combat

The penalty to Warlock Pact Dice, while using Cone or Chain shapes, can no longer be dispelled.
    When monsters save from an effect or spell that either deals half damage or special effects on save, the feedback over the monster's head now reads "Save" instead of "Evade".
    Champion chests can no longer spawn in public areas.

Enhancements

Enlightened Spirit's Shield enhancement no longer loses its magic missile ward after resting or zoning.
    Enlightened Spirit's Displacement SLA no longer says it can be cast on friends.
    Tainted Scholar's Eldritch Chain Blast sound has been adjusted. The chain's visuals have been improved.
    Tainted Scholar's Stunning Blast now has its proper saving throw.
    Tainted Scholar toggle feats now properly give .75 Spell Power. This affects Eldritch Chain, Utterdark Blast, Faltering Blast, Penetrating Blast, and Enervating Shadow.
    Rogue Mechanic's Mechanical Reloader text has been updated to reflect that non-repeating crossbows gain +40% Alacrity, not +20%. Reduced the erroneous +40 Ranged Power to its proper +10 to match text.

Feats

Fiend and Great Old One Pact feats now prevent you from being Good or Lawful, respectively, in character creation, and cannot be trained if Good or Lawful, if multi-classing into your 1st Warlock level. (Note: You may be able to use alignment changing items to get around this. We strongly recommend against this, as you still won't be able to activate your Pact or other Pact-dependent feats.)
    The Warlock - Great Old One's Create Thrall duration has been increased to 60 seconds (on a successful saving throw or not.)

Spells

It is now easier to fire off spells while using an Eldritch Blast attack.
    Burning Blood now functions correctly. The description has also been changed to reflect the spell's actual intended 10-second duration.
    Evard's Black Tentacles now properly deals damage to enemies that enter its zone after the initial cast. The spell now lists its proper duration.

Known Issues:

Known Issues are now available. Click here to read them.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-patch-1-release-notes

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Re: Release Notes u26 Patch 1
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 11:56am
Print Post  
doyourealyknow wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 11:43am:
Rogue Mechanic's ... Reduced the erroneous +40 Ranged Power to its proper +10 to match text.

It was bound to happen.  Cry

IP Logged

Myrddinman
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
SweetKitten wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 11:56am:
It was bound to happen.  Cry

Well fuckballs! I didn't even get my Mechanic to 12, in order to take advantage of this. I suppose the combination of the RP bug + hitting a MP/RP Mysterious Shrine in ToEE, and then recalling for an hour of pure GXBow bliss, was pretty fun.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Rogue Mechanic's Mechanical Reloader...Reduced the erroneous +40 Ranged Power to its proper +10 to match text.

Mother fucker!!!  Angry  Angry

Fuck you virtualgib. Asshole.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:12pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
like mechanics needed it.

and before I get flamed, all my thrower builds benefited excessively from this bug

*but for the record I had nothing  to do with them fixing it
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:13pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Doesn't sound like to much of a nerf if at all for WL however. Looks like the new shiny thing is here to stay for a while longer.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Reduced the erroneous +40 Ranged Power to its proper +10 to match text.

I don't play a build that benefits from this, but I do feel your pain.

However look on the bright side, maybe this means they are starting to figure out how to actually fix shit instead of just changing the description on shit to match their incompetence

When they made champ chests spawn where you were I can't believe I didn't think about dropping a bunch of dots on a champ and zoning out, dammit!

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tainted Scholar toggle feats now properly give .75 Spell Power. This affects Eldritch Chain, Utterdark Blast, Faltering Blast, Penetrating Blast, and Enervating Shadow.

Wait so chain shape is giving 0.75 multiplier but cone shape is giving 1.3 multiplier?  Shocked

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Doh... Mechanic is only 25 now. Was hoping to at least get to 28 before that was changed, heh.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Reduced the erroneous +40 Ranged Power to its proper +10 to match text.

They never seem to consider that it was play-tested and "balanced" the way they wanted with the bug. The text version was never tested.

Goddamn, listen to me, I think turbine GAF about play-testing. WTF is in my coffee?

Who Cares wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:13pm:
When they made champ chests spawn where you were I can't believe I didn't think about dropping a bunch of dots on a champ and zoning out, dammit!

That's my biggest hindsight d'oh!, too.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:10pm:
Mother fucker!!!  Angry  Angry

This.

Fuck you gib, you lame bitter little person.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 12:10pm:
Mother fucker!!!    

Hag Master wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 6:59pm:
This.

Fuck you gib, you lame bitter little person.

You guys are lol. You know these are the outbursts he was looking for.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #12 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:51pm:
You guys are lol. You know these are the outbursts he was looking for.

Meh.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #13 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Update 26 Patch 1 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 26 Patch 1, released on Thursday, June 25th.

News and Notes:

Combat

The penalty to Warlock Pact Dice, while using Cone or Chain shapes, can no longer be dispelled.
    When monsters save from an effect or spell that either deals half damage or special effects on save, the feedback over the monster's head now reads "Save" instead of "Evade".

Enhancements

Enlightened Spirit's Shield enhancement no longer loses its magic missile ward after resting or zoning.
    Enlightened Spirit's Displacement SLA no longer says it can be cast on friends.
    Tainted Scholar's Eldritch Chain Blast sound has been adjusted. The chain's visuals have been improved.
    Tainted Scholar's Stunning Blast now has its proper saving throw.
    Rogue Mechanic's Mechanical Reloader text has been updated to reflect that non-repeating crossbows gain +40% Alacrity, not +20%. Reduced the erroneous +40 Ranged Power to its proper +10 to match text.

Feats

Fiend and Great Old One Pact feats now prevent you from being Good or Lawful, respectively, in character creation, and cannot be trained if Good or Lawful, if multi-classing into your 1st Warlock level. (Note: You may be able to use alignment changing items to get around this. We strongly recommend against this, as you still won't be able to activate your Pact or other Pact-dependent feats.)
    The Warlock - Great Old One's Create Thrall duration has been increased to 60 seconds (on a successful saving throw or not.)

Spells

It is now easier to fire off spells while using an Eldritch Blast attack.
    Burning Blood now functions correctly. The description has also been changed to reflect the spell's actual intended 10-second duration.
    Evard's Black Tentacles now properly deals damage to enemies that enter its zone after the initial cast. The spell now lists its proper duration.

Game play: Game now crashes a lot on the character creation screen.

Known Issues:

Known Issues are now available. Click here to read them.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-patch-1-release-notes

Added a missed fix.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:09am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #14 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:32am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:08am:
Added a missed fix.

And something new:

After I select a character in the selection screen and press enter, the game shuts down without any warning.
More interesting part is that, I (with a toon from an alt account) can see that selected toon log in to the game and stand there as if I am logged in with it.
It keeps standing still until I re-login with the same account and then it disappears.

Turdbin always finding ways to surprise us.

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:32am by Sim-Sala-Bim »  

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #15 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:32am:
And something new:

After I select a character in the selection screen and press enter, the game shuts down without any warning.
More interesting part is that, I (with a toon from an alt account) can see that selected toon log in to the game and stand there as if I am logged in with it.
It keeps standing still until I re-login with the same account and then it disappears.

Getting that one too and I am annoyed to no end.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #16 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 4:13am
Print Post  

yup, hit me too. First gamecrash after some remarkable stable months.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Anyone else get the bank window randomly closing sometime within 1-30 seconds of the first time you open it?

It's been happening for me for a while, but after the Warlock drop, it started happening for any of my toons. Before that, it was only the monks. Still intermittent, and only once per toon.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #18 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:40am:
Anyone else get the bank window randomly closing sometime within 1-30 seconds of the first time you open it?

It happens seldom and random.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:40am:

It's been happening for me for a while, but after the Warlock drop, it started happening for any of my toons. Before that, it was only the monks. Still intermittent, and only once per toon.

Been that way for months... The Kobold That Jumped Ship Before Getting Fired was still DDO Producer when it appeared...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:59am:
Been that way for months... The Kobold That Jumped Ship Before Getting Fired was still DDO Producer when it appeared...

Okay, my sense of time is fucked up, then. So it's been happening to non-monk toons for all that time? Because it used to only happen to toons I'd given at least one lvl of monk.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #21 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 8:17am
Print Post  
And something new:

I don't know if it's what was happening to me frequently 3-4 weeks ago, it went away, but maybe now it's back.

If so, I can often get around it by waiting for the instance to expire and then trying again, or more quickly by logging in on another computer, and that seems to clear it up.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

Fortunately there are no game breaking bugs in this game  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #22 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:27am:
Okay, my sense of time is fucked up, then. So it's been happening to non-monk toons for all that time? Because it used to only happen to toons I'd given at least one lvl of monk.

Since Monk = Mule for me and since it happened on all my characters ( mules included ) : Rogues, Clerics, Multiclassed ones, Bard, Barbarian, Halflings, TinCans, Elves, Drows, Half-Elves, ...  yes I'm certain... It appeared when said Kobold put in the update that plugged so many holes.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #23 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 9:21am
Print Post  
I’m getting a lot of client crashes when switching characters this patch.  I think it’s Turbine’s attempt to fix the memory leak that happens when a character logs out.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #24 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 9:37am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 9:21am:
I’m getting a lot of client crashes when switching characters this patch.  I think it’s Turbine’s attempt to fix the memory leak that happens when a character logs out.

Fixed the Turdbine way ofc.   Grin

Change character = ALT+F4
Create new character = ALT+F4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint