Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Geoff left! come back Geooff! there are so many (Read 12628 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

Re: Geoff left! come back Geooff! there are so many
Reply #25 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Fuck you Hag for creating so many threads. And fuck Hammer and Factor too.

I started thinking about the IP thing. If you're sitting behind a company switch/ router, you'll have just the one public IP (or one public IP per router), and several internal addresses.

I got bored with trying to navigate this fucking network of threads and comments, and the search function is just useless. Anyway.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #26 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:28am:
Fuck you Hag for creating so many threads. And fuck Hammer and Factor too.

I started thinking about the IP thing. If you're sitting behind a company switch/ router, you'll have just the one public IP (or one public IP per router), and several internal addresses.

I got bored with trying to navigate this fucking network of threads and comments, and the search function is just useless. Anyway.

What if it were more than 2 names/accounts that shared the same IP address? What if were more like 11?

What would you say then?
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:43am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:43am:
What if it were more than 2 names/accounts that shared the same IP address? What if were more like 11?

What would you say then?

If ppl share the same IP they have to be sitting behind the same router. Which would mean they're on the same internal network. Which in turn would mean they either live or work in the same building (alternatively using VPN).

Or they're using the same proxy. I guess that's a possibility as well.

Oh, another possibility would be that they're using e.g. Citrix connecting to the same server.. which would also point to them being co-workers.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:52am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #28 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:51am:
If ppl share the same IP they have to be sitting behind the same router. Which would mean they're on the same internal network. Which in turn would mean they either live or work in the same building (alternatively using VPN).

Oh, another possibility would be that they're using e.g. Citrix connecting to the same server.. which would also point to them being co-workers.

You missed my point completely. Completely.

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #29 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:53am:
You missed my point completely. Completely.

It would seem so.

If you're referring to the usage of socks, that does not really interest me. I'm more interesting in estimating the probability of Factor and Hammer being not the same person.

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:00am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #30 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:51am:

TOR is quite popular and tries to use an exit node near the destination, so if they were both using TOR there is a good chance both would show the same IP.

And you can't rule out other situations - like with all of the new interconnects Comcast, AT&T, Cox, etc. are adding ahead of Net Neutrality, some might not be configured properly, and he might be seeing the IP of the interconnect.

Modern networks are complex, and IP address is a pretty weak identifier. It's like seeing 2 letters have the same postmark so they must be by the same person, or you both live in Boston, you must know each other  Shocked

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Reply #31 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Well he didn't last as long as expected.

Actually...lies and slander; I didn't expect shit. Nor do I care.

Ah well, you've done away with one Confidential Informant, many will take his place.

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #32 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:57am:
I'm more interesting in estimating the probability of Factor and Hammer being not the same person.

Ok, what if there were 9 other people (all different forum names) who posted to the same obscure DDO-oriented fan site from the same IP address as Factor and Hammertop?

That makes 11 forum names posting to the same site from the same IP.

What would your conclusion be then?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #33 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:41am:
Ok, what if there were 9 other people (all different forum names) who posted to the same obscure DDO-oriented fan site from the same IP address as Factor and Hammertop?

Depends where the IP leads to.... if when you dig the IP you end up at some campus or some free wifi access, chances are low...
if you end up in the middle of an ISP public address pool ( DHCP ) there's good chances they are only one, two or 3 people that lives together.
( ok, you can go up to 5, grand dad, dad, wife, and two kids... )

Now since we don't have the IP in question, we can't know.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:58am
Print Post  
That would make the things that others have been saying (Tor exit node, yadayada) even more likely. 1 sock, sure. 10 socks? Don't think even Barcelot was that extreme.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:57am:
if you end up in the middle of an ISP public address pool ( DHCP ) there's good chances they are only one, two or 3 people that lives together.
( ok, you can go up to 5, grand dad, dad, wife, and two kids... )

This isn't necessarily true. When I lived in another city a few years ago, I gave access to my wifi to the neighbors living on either side of me and they paid me for that access. Saved them some money since they didn't have to pay for Internet service and, since I had about 10 other people paying to access my wifi, I actually got my whole cable bill paid by NOT ME. Sadly, I haven't lived close enough to neighbors in a while to do this, though I might now be able to.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #36 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:57am:
Now since we don't have the IP in question, we can't know.

We know Geoff has an IP so I wouldn't say "we." YOU don't have the IP so YOU don't know.

WeHaveLived wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 11:58am:
That would make the things that others have been saying (Tor exit node, yadayada) even more likely. 1 sock, sure. 10 socks? Don't think even Barcelot was that extreme.

Could be even more socks that are, as yet, undiscovered. You don't know. Neither do I.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #37 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:23pm:
This isn't necessarily true. When I lived in another city a few years ago, I gave access to my wifi to the neighbors living on either side of me and they paid me for that access. Saved them some money since they didn't have to pay for Internet service and, since I had about 10 other people paying to access my wifi, I actually got my whole cable bill paid by NOT ME. Sadly, I haven't lived close enough to neighbors in a while to do this, though I might now be able to.

Yeah but what are the chances ALL of your neighbors who access the web through your router are posting to the same obscure DDO fansite within a few hours (some possibly within minutes) of each other?
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:30pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #38 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:29pm:
Yeah but what are the chances ALL of your neighbors who access the web through your router are posting to the same obscure DDO fansite within a few hours (some possibly within minutes) of each other?

I'm beginning to think you are a woman.

Woman are often accused of not saying what they mean.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #39 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:31pm:
I'm beginning to think you are a woman.

Woman are often accused of not saying what they mean.

I'm just trying to get people to open up to the possibilities.

People are closing their minds off to what Geoff said about Factor and Hammertop because of his douchebaggery here and on his own site. If you think about it though, he could actually be telling the truth (in addition to being a douchebag) and it could also be there is more information out there than is publicly known.

Just, at least, consider it.

Oh, and nice way to NOT answer the question. I suspect you're afraid where the answer may lead you.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:41pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #40 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:39pm:
People are closing their minds off to what Geoff said about Factor and Hammertop because of his douchebaggery here and on his own site. If you think about it though, he could actually be telling the truth (in addition to being a douchebag) and it could also be there is more information out there than is publicly known.

It's believable that Factor and HammerTop used the same IP. 

It's believable that they're the same person - the scenarios put forward to explain two different people having the same IP address are all edge cases and the likelihood is extremely low that two concurrent vault accounts who are also engaging in the same discussion at Geoff's site and are NOT the same person.

It wouldn't bother me to learn that Factor held a grudge against Jerry for the crap with Meli from last year, and that Factor created Hammertop to proxy troll Jerry through Jerry's Kids.

If that's the case, fine.  The Hammertop posts were carefully crafted to be compliant with Jerry's CoC and still aggravate  Jerry's Kids.

That doesn't change that Geoff's actions are disappointing, and that he should apologize to "Hammertop" for spinning Hammertop's message with his (Geoff's) words instead of simply [Snipping] out the "offending" text.

It also doesn't change the fact that "Hammertop" was getting abused by Jerry's Kids, that Jerry's Kids infract the CoC with impunity, and that it is absurd to say Jerry is too "super duper busy" to infract his kids, yet has time to infract everyone else, and Geoff should apologize for suggesting that this is the case.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #41 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 1:22pm:
That doesn't change that Geoff's actions are disappointing, and that he should apologize to "Hammertop" for spinning Hammertop's message with his (Geoff's) words instead of simply [Snipping] out the "offending" text.

It also doesn't change the fact that "Hammertop" was getting abused by Jerry's Kids, that Jerry's Kids infract the CoC with impunity, and that it is absurd to say Jerry is too "super duper busy" to infract his kids, yet has time to infract everyone else, and Geoff should apologize for suggesting that this is the case.

I'm not disputing either point.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 1:29pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #42 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Oh, and nice way to NOT answer the question. I suspect you're afraid where the answer may lead you.

I did not answer the question, as I didn't feel like you were being any clearer. You wrote:

Quote:

I fail to see the logic in any of this, as I am not the administrator of any of these sites, I can't know for sure that what anyone says about the IP addresses is the truth. Now, if you had said "what if Geoff claims that Factor and Hammer and 9 other posters are the same"... then my answer would prolly be that either Geoff is delusional, or someone has it in for Geoff badly.

I'm just trying to get people to open up to the possibilities.

I thought that was what we were already doing? Trying to figure out the possibilities.

I never thought that Geoff and Hammer both were not telling the truth. Or their interpretation of it. What we perceive as the truth, when it comes to feelings... might not be shared by the other party.

Some of Jerry's kids might actually be intentionally trying to get newbies to cross the line and get themselves banned. More likely (in my opinion), they're pushing the boundaries on the rules.. because they are more familiar with the rules than the newbies are, and stay close enough to the line to avoid punishment.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #43 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:43am:

What would you say then?

I'd say Geoff hasn't claimed it.

Meli gets Jerry to ban Factor for something she said in a PM. Subsequent fallout reveals Factor shares an IP.

So that's out in the open. Now there are supposed to be more of them? You're just extrapolating from Geoff's McCarthy act, and figuring you might as well beat him to the punch.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #44 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
I hate wearing socks, unless they have a cool pattern or color.

Occasionally when im feeling nostalgic for highschool ill use one to jerk off.

This thread is about socks right?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #45 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 1:23pm:
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 1:22pm:

I'm not disputing either point.

My comments were not intended to imply that you were, but rather to highlight and refocus on the Douchery.  It feels like this got lost in the noise of about 30 pages of rambling.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #46 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:29pm:
I hate wearing socks

Kind of surprised.  You totally hit me as a black socks with sandals type of guy.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #47 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 2:05pm:
because they are more familiar with the rules than the newbies are, and stay close to big daddy cordo and stroke his cock so they dont get banned.

ftfy

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 6:52pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #49 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
http://gawker.com/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-is-legal-nationwide-1713867578...

good news!! now Geoff and his 'gamer girl' Jerry can get married for realz!

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint