Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Alternative to DDO (Read 13665 times)
Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Alternative to DDO
Reply #25 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Bigdickrichguy wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 1:12pm:

press ctrl alt shift, then click, to deliver one card at a time.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015 at 7:22pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #26 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 2:52am:
I'm just going to throw this out there. There are a number of servers running custom NWN and NWN2 campaigns that are run just like an MMO. If you all had the drive to make a thing your own, you could go over to one of the more populated ones, load it up with your bodies, and run around with Orien-level population, all with a 3.0 ruleset that's closer to the real thing. I know of one that took some of the prestige classes from Eberron, et al. and coded them. All sorts of fun.

Player housing? I know one server that will add a guild hall map to their server for $25 and put all sorts of amenities inside it for you. Try getting Turbine to do that.

Something to consider!

If DDO doesn't do it for you, you could Chone and try selling AFLAC to hillbillies without an insurance license...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:07pm:
If DDO doesn't do it for you, you could Chone and try selling AFLAC to hillbillies without an insurance license...

Geeeoff Hannah Banana also has a kewl DDO site where LeslieWest learned how to be pro player.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #28 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:41pm
Print Post  

Yobai wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:37pm:
Geeeoff Hannah Banana also has a kewl DDO site where LeslieWest learned how to be pro player.

Smiley Smiley

One for each of ya Grin

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 2:10pm:
Needed a challenge, huh?

at 6817 seconds I would say he found it

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #30 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:48pm:
at 6817 seconds I would say he found it

that's not how you measure a year in the life.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  

Eh, I already don't play. The real entertainment is watching everyone make the sorts of contorted faces you see in French webcomics whenever Turbine acts the way they normally do. Y'aals are hilarious, though some of you need punched in the mouth Tongue

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 5:40am
Print Post  
OP doesn't play. The argo crew bullied him out, according to his own words  Cheesy

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 5:40am:
OP doesn't play. The argo crew bullied him out, according to his own words  Cheesy

That was back just before Menace. Played on Khyber for awhile thereafter.

Had a very awkward pedigree over on Argo. Couldn't stand three or four of the big guilds (hell, I remember being threatened to hand over a mysterious bauble once by the Imperial Assassins) and spent months trying to keep my own guild together when the leader quit doing raidtrains and started to join other raids, on his own, to get alchemical weapons. Came back from a couple months away and they had shattered to get away from the leader. Reasonable. Wanted to go with. Because I was the successor, they distanced themselves from me so as not to set the leader on the warpath because he had political clout. I'm also responsible for taking Maarl and teaching him how not to be a soloist, then he became an asshole.

Coming out of that sort of situation, I found Menace itself to be a fantastic breath of fresh air. Shattering the highly-exclusive and politically-dominated endgame was a good move, or so I thought coming out of the Argo bullshit. It was a new start, one that didn't have people like Halfa running the show without really doing anything to deserve it, and not having to listen to Cetus' fucking shit was nice, too.

Would I want 2009 back? Not at all - never had an account bank and the BtA seal/shard mechanics really pissed me off.

Wouldn't *you* get disgusted and try another server? I did, and I had plenty of fun until the house of cards truly came tumbling down.

P.S. Shuy deserves punched in the mouth! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2015 at 7:09am by Bobbicus »  

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 7:07am:

Had a very awkward pedigree over on Argo. Couldn't stand three or four of the big guilds (hell, I remember being threatened to hand over a mysterious bauble once by the Imperial Assassins) and spent months trying to keep my own guild together when the leader quit doing raidtrains and started to join other raids, on his own, to get alchemical weapons. Came back from a couple months away and they had shattered to get away from the leader. Reasonable. Wanted to go with. Because I was the successor, they distanced themselves from me so as not to set the leader on the warpath because he had political clout. I'm also responsible for taking Maarl and teaching him how not to be a soloist, then he became an asshole.

Coming out of that sort of situation, I found Menace itself to be a fantastic breath of fresh air. Shattering the highly-exclusive and politically-dominated endgame was a good move, or so I thought coming out of the Argo bullshit. It was a new start, one that didn't have people like Halfa running the show without really doing anything to deserve it, and not having to listen to Cetus' fucking shit was nice, too.

Would I want 2009 back? Not at all - never had an account bank and the BtA seal/shard mechanics really pissed me off.

Wouldn't *you* get disgusted and try another server? I did, and I had plenty of fun until the house of cards truly came tumbling down.

Disgusted? I honestly see nothing in your words that would make me disgusted. I play on Argo as well and sure we have jerks and assholes but they are everywhere. You couldn't stand 3 or 4 big guilds? Then don't play with them.

Now, if you want to give me and the whole Vault the details, we always appreciate drama.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #35 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:11am
Print Post  

You don't have to be a 15 year old girl to play DDO, but it helps if you have the social skills of and ability to create drama like a 15 year old girl.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:19am
Print Post  
It taught me to quit paying for online gaming is what it did. Tongue

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #37 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  

P.S. Shuy deserves punched in the mouth! Cheesy

I honestly don't think there was a single guild that didn't hate me back in Thelanis. As long as you have friends to group with, who the fuck cares?

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #38 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:19am:
It taught me to quit paying for online gaming is what it did. Tongue

LOL, well, I think you're in good company there  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
And while we're at it, can we take a minute to call the old guild level system utterly retarded? "No, we can't have more than 12 members. Also, wait 5 minutes so I can rebuff again."

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #40 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 5:40am:

Those Argonauts are a tough crowd.
G-land is much friendlier, when it is online....    Grin

We don't have too many "personalities" - other than Tesrali, who is almost completely harmless.   Wink

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 10:40pm:
Those Argonauts are a tough crowd.
G-land is much friendlier, when it is online....    Grin

We don't have too many "personalities" - other than Tesrali, who is almost completely harmless.   Wink

Nah, the systems themselves are too far gone now. DDO really isn't fun for myself anymore. That said, you can has my stuff if you're on Khyber. I've got EE versions of the heavy armor and docent from the druid chain.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #42 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 5:25am
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 11:50pm:
I've got EE versions of the heavy armor and docent from the druid chain.

Once you mentioned the gear,
I thought that's a helluva deal!
Smiley

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #43 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 5:25am:
Once you mentioned the gear,
I thought that's a helluva deal!
Smiley

Grin Grin

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #44 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 10:19am:
I honestly don't think there was a single guild that didn't hate me back in Thelanis

well im on thelanis and in a guild, dont ever recall you, but then again, and like you said, i played with very few players and not many others

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jul 2nd, 2015 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 2:57pm:
Grin Grin

I'm not following the shooting self in the head bit. What's he trying to convey? Khyber lag? It's everywhere nowadays, and let not get started about the House of Hospitality.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint