Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Jeweled Goblets (Read 4905 times)
klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Jeweled Goblets
Jun 29th, 2015 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Is there a good way to farm for these?

im really bad at running cc and each time get <100 goblets each time, are there any pre-defined paths you always take to maximize your score to get more mats?

like 10min ago i just finished the whole thing with all the obejctives completed for the first time but was unimpressed with only 67 goblets

im trying to farm for blasting chime tier 3, i have the base item already but upgrading it the first tier has become a huge burden, since I did not dupe enough goblets to upgrade this item..

is duping mats still viable or did they completed get rid of it after u25?? and by fire caves do you mean time = money fire caves or fire caves in 3bc?

thanks

ps, ive also messaged epoch about the duping thing, but so far no response meh, guess its a myth after all. well.. worth a shot

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015 at 7:37pm by klajsdhd »  

IP Logged

stardate2115
Dragon Raider

..!..

Re: Jeweled Goblets
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Hi welcome

..!..       ..!..

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
The dupe requires a ladder.  GL

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
klajsdhd wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 7:36pm:
Is there a good way to farm for these?

im really bad at running cc and each time get <100 goblets each time, are there any pre-defined paths you always take to maximize your score to get more mats?

like 10min ago i just finished the whole thing with all the obejctives completed for the first time but was unimpressed with only 67 goblets

im trying to farm for blasting chime tier 3, i have the base item already but upgrading it the first tier has become a huge burden, since I did not dupe enough goblets to upgrade this item..

is duping mats still viable or did they completed get rid of it after u25?? and by fire caves do you mean time = money fire caves or fire caves in 3bc?

thanks

ps, ive also messaged epoch about the duping thing, but so far no response meh, guess its a myth after all. well.. worth a shot

PM Epoch again, and include pictures of boobs. Trust me.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Here's a very nice guide about challenges:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/429624

You haven't got this link from the vault. We have a bad reputation to keep. Tell Turdbine I say: Hi, welcome!

EDIT
What level are you running challenges btw? There's a 10% penalty on score (loot) for each level you are above the maximum level up to 50%

PS: I don't post very often but does Epoch really exist? Shouldn't DropBear confirm it within 12 hours?  Tongue
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:42pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Actually thanks thats something important that I left out.

I'm running lv 15-18 challenges on a lv 24 char, does that affect the score by more than 10%?

and also if your lv 15 running lv 15 theres no penalty right? does that mean your score scales up by 10% per level like .. if your lv 15 running lv 18 your score would be 30% higher?

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
No positive scaling...and you're an idiot for running a level 24 in a level 18 challenge.  Make an iconic arti and you can solo any heroic challenge.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I assume you like my calligraphy.

As I (already) wrote there is 10% penalty for each level above the challenge with a maximum penalty of 50%

Let's say you're running a lv 15 chall with a lv 18 toon. It gives you 30% penalty

Same kind of chall but with a lv 28 toon. The penalty won't exceed 50% (at least it should not since I always run them at level). Who knows if turdbine screwed that too

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
And if you were dumb enough to run the challenges taking that much penalty, you couldn't even complete level 18 challenges with a level 15 toon because you're either:

A) New
B) Retarded
C) Both New and Retarded
D) Both Retarded and New
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:01pm by TornadoJoe »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:37pm:
does Epoch really exist?

No

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
dont have iconic

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:37pm:
Here's a very nice guide about challenges:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/429624

Quote:
For Buying Time, my goal is to never buy time. Done right, you can consistently average around 240 parts per 5:00 running 4 levels under the challenge rating, 300 per 5:00 during bonus weekends. That's almost 50/minute normally, 60/minute on bonus weekends. Buying time is my go-to challenge, my preferred place to farm xp pots and epic tokens.

This. Convert Mephit Wings into every other mat. Convert Epic Mephit Wings into token fragments & every other mat. Convert them into epic tokens ... for some reason?

After two to three conversions, it's possible that you can run the challenge that gives the mat you want at a better mat/minute ratio. Do that instead.

Sorry about your brain.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:59pm:
Sorry about your brain.

It's ok, I play ddo  Grin

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:00pm:
I assume you like my calligraphy.

As I (already) wrote there is 10% penalty for each level above the challenge with a maximum penalty of 50%

Let's say you're running a lv 15 chall with a lv 18 toon. It gives you 30% penalty

Same kind of chall but with a lv 28 toon. The penalty won't exceed 50% (at least it should not since I always run them at level). Who knows if turdbine screwed that too

IIRC if you are 5 or more levels higher than challenge, your rewards are reduced to 10%.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #14 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Run to the bottom right corner of the map for the fixed spawn thief. Kill. Run to the boudoir. Kill the ?medusa? who is often there. If any time left run to the armory for the knight dude. If any time left check for some random other bosses. Avoid the mage with the eles, he's a time-waste.

This is all old info, I've not had to run them in years. On a OP ED Barb/Pal/Wolf/etc now I'd probably just murder everything in sight.

Oh, alternatively - run to thief, kill, afk and alt tab to wait out clock, repeat.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Oh and smash every box in sight in the first section to make sure you 80-90% of the time have all the sigils you need.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #16 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:59pm:
This. Convert Mephit Wings into every other mat. Convert Epic Mephit Wings into token fragments & every other mat. Convert them into epic tokens ... for some reason?

After two to three conversions, it's possible that you can run the challenge that gives the mat you want at a better mat/minute ratio. Do that instead.

Sorry about your brain.

Oh yes I forgot this, it's usually easier just to farm the short one and convert. Duh. Apologies.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #17 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:31am
Print Post  
http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Challenge_reward_items/Resource_trade

Heroic: Farm Extraplaner scrolls and trade them 2:1 for the goblets. Labor Shortage was made to be farmed solo. Use a hire for the center, pick up al the torches and make a line to the upper south east stairs and buy a teleporter. Get the quota and repeat. You can do that under level. Works best with an acid sorc for hast, ddoor and fast boss kills.

Epic: Like mentioned above - Farm wings.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:37am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:02am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:05am:
IIRC if you are 5 or more levels higher than challenge, your rewards are reduced to 10%.

I think you're totally right about this. I only run at level so I must have fucked up with my previous explanation

Each level above challenge gives 10% penalty
5 (or 6?) levels above gives next to no loot. Guess it's only good for favor without bothering for the 6 stars

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
thanks everyone i will look into these things,

im sorry about my brain too

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider