Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Dev to Community: ToEE almost popular as Cove (Read 13899 times)
Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Dev to Community: ToEE almost popular as Cove
Jul 6th, 2015 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461633-ToEE-s-heroic-XP-is-way-too-low...

Steelstar
Quote:
By the numbers, it's being run slightly more now than it was before U26, though it's contending with Crystal Cove right now (which is being played more than anything else at the moment). Setting aside Crystal Cove and Wilderness Areas (lookin' at you, Korthos and Gianthold), TOEE Part 1 is still being played more than any other content, and Part 2 is within the top ten.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Dev to Community: ToEE almost popular as Cove
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
They’re not measuring how many people actually complete the quest.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Isn't that like a president bragging that their ratings are almost as good as Nixons?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Yuda
Dragon Raider

Show me yer bewbs!

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I must be one of the odd few that have never ran ToEE. Just have not had any interest nor ambition to even figure out where the quest is.
The shit named loot turned me off from the quest before it even started.

Bow down to the almighty YUDA!!!

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
And this is part of their problem.
Whatever metrics they are looking at, they probably consider TOEE a "success" because it is run by more people than the 6(?) yr old Cove event!  Back massages and PacMan LARP for all!

Turdbine: Setting the bar for success lower each and every day!

Or people have run all the other content to death and this is the only new thing to do?  Success by default?

« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2015 at 10:14pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 5:44pm:

yep. to fix this they will move the pyramid chest to the end.  Roll Eyes

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
1000 ToEE loading screens loaded...entered, farmed, recalled, yet no Finish Outs.

How many "finish outs" are we talking about?
Since they won't respond here I wonder if they can and/or do track that.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 7:26pm:
yep. to fix this they will move the pyramid chest to the end.  Roll Eyes

You could have loaded a video on youtube to make things even easier for them. Just farm the goddamn chest and keep the free loot  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Or they just aren't going to come out and say publicly that their newest content sucks and even the XP revamps didn't help?

And if you're not going to tell the truth, might as well ramp it up as we have no way of proving them wrong.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 9:25pm:
You could have loaded a video on youtube to make things even easier for them

yes, because this is the first time anyone ever posted this anywhere.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 5:44pm:

Couple of people posted this very thought on that thread today, but they were pulled within 15-20 mins, I saw it happen three times.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2015 at 10:03pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 9:42pm:

+1

common knowledge, you can watch a pack of toons parked in front of the portal popping out and back in every 7-11 minutes.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Yuda wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 7:13pm:
I must be one of the odd few that have never ran ToEE. Just have not had any interest nor ambition to even figure out where the quest is.
The shit named loot turned me off from the quest before it even started.

I joyfully admit I have no idea where the quest entrance is. I saw the loot, and never bothered to entertain the notion of its existence.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 2:00am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 7:22pm:
Whatever metrics they are looking at, they probably consider TOEE a "success" because it is run by more people than the 6(?) yr old Cove event!  Back massages and PacMan LARP for all!

Or people have run all the other content to death and this is the only new thing to do?  Success by default?

Well, actually, it's *nearly* as popular.  Good job Turbine.  You created an adventure based on a renowned PnP module and can't get people to play it more than a six year old event. 

Yay.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 9:42pm:

I am convinced that they may have not noticed what they did. It's not the first time (chest in servants used to farm seals?). They are stupid but don't give them too many advices for free.......

It's bad for them Tongue

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 6:12am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 7:22pm:

Actually you got it wrong DB :
The 6 year old shit called Cove is still run more than anything else when it's there... Then ToEE Part 1 is the most run thingie.
I suspect their metric is something like number of instances spawned/day or something like that, and I just see quite a few way to screw it...
( I just can't imagine that that many people complete ToEE part 1, so their metric can't be quest completion )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 6:12am:
Actually you got it wrong DB :
The 6 year old shit called Cove is still run more than anything else when it's there... Then ToEE Part 1 is the most run thingie.
I suspect their metric is something like number of instances spawned/day or something like that, and I just see quite a few way to screw it...
( I just can't imagine that that many people complete ToEE part 1, so their metric can't be quest completion )

If that was a metric that they looked at, then it wouldn't have taken them 2 years to figure out people were scripting The Crucible.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #17 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 7:01am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 6:31am:
If that was a metric that they looked at, then it wouldn't have taken them 2 years to figure out people were scripting The Crucible.

If you read one of the PC leaked threads, the one about the "one bug fix", you will see that it was brought to their attention around March of this year.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #18 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:09am
Print Post  
And sadly, this is justification both for not updating Cove loot (we don't have to, still the most popular) and for pushing out more crap like ToEE (It's mostly popular).

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:13am
Print Post  
It's weird I got sucked into grinding a bit for ToEE loot, more habit than anything else, because except for the expanded crit profiles on some of the heroic items there is not really any point. After I finally pulled the bow and a few other things I was like: "why am I still in here? my TF gear is so much better than this crap".

I call it the megaman complex, it's not really rewarding but you want to see the split screen scene anyway, so you keep at it way longer than you should, and feel like a dork when you're done.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #20 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:22am
Print Post  
I want to hate it, but I like the end fights of both parts ( well except the retarded either/or EQ ) and some rare fights.
And champion bats you just fucking can't hit.
And invisible champ stalkers and air ellies.
Seen some tomes drops too, not for me of course.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:22am:
air ellies

wouldnt be so bad if the stupid necro ring actually fucking worked. i did end up taking fot bracers for my toons long time ago solely for my hate of air elles. Just never remember to carry them.

Wipe wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:22am:
champion bats you just fucking can't hit.

reminds me. epic shav and maybe ghaeles ee champs will be there. heals for 6k, light ray for 3k, zipping around like mad. fun fun fun.

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #22 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:33am:
reminds me. epic shav and maybe ghaeles ee champs will be there. heals for 6k, light ray for 3k, zipping around like mad. fun fun fun.

You do realize that they get most of their ideas from here as there is no independent thought on the mobos ... most respectfully stfu~! Wink

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 9:11am
Print Post  
AllBorkedup wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:48am:
You do realize that they get most of their ideas from here as there is no independent thought on the mobos ... most respectfully stfu~! Wink

for practice try gop until you get a champ lich. enjoy.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:33am:

So that means i`ll prolly have to do a raid that i am going to fight a Gigantic Ghaele with my Black Warlock Testicles and flinging my fiery poop to it?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

As the number 1 in most of the Leader Board of house C challenges i don`t want to get near torches anymore.

If you gathered everything the legit way from previous CC events your will to run them again got sucked by Jack Jibber and if someone gave you a bag of goodies you dont need to run it so....

Puggers on the other hand still have fun on events like this with the LFM scene being so low especially during Euro daytime.

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint