Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Faster way to level? (Read 12986 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Faster way to level?
Reply #25 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jul 8th, 2015 at 3:22pm:
Having played in Thelanis for awhile made me realize there is no limit to TR trains.

Although, it's been years since I actually did a legit TR/ETR, damn otto's.

TR trains are fine.  You still aren't killing 1.7 million heroic XP and 6.6 million epic XP in 8 hours.  Even if it was 8.3 million epic XP, which earns twice as fast.

If you said 12 hours, or 14 hours, maybe.  But 8 hours is just not happening.  Like I said, you need 17k per minute.  There are a handful of heroic quests that meet that requirement on first BB run with a sov pot on.  Re-runs, no way.  And you aren't getting that kind of density from slayers either, even with the 200% pots.  Factor in down time for running to and from quests and leveling every so often and your real XP/min has to be closer to 20k.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Jul 8th, 2015 at 1:36pm:
meh been there done that got the shirt and sat bored out of my arse for 3 days waiting for tr timer to rest, not worth it ¬_¬

Come on.  If you can plow from 15-28 in a day, a reincarnation timer reset isn't a big deal.  Like that is the deal breaker.   
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2015 at 4:12pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 11:18pm:
Zerg.

Yes!

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Yes zerg for sure.

Also you should always spend a few plat on a half dozen hires that you can park at quest starts. You may never have to use them but that 20% of the time you end up calling them to you after a weird combat or trap experience will let you fill up and zerg on with a lot less time lost.

It adds up fast.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #29 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Oh on that note a pocket full of Mikayl's can be useful for non-arcanes.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #30 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 5:50am
Print Post  
I just did 20-28 in a day without otto or exp pot... Don't know exact hours, but, it is doable.

Spies EE (between 20-25 for Elite BB and first time playthrough bonus)
Spies EH (first time playthrough bonus)
Spies EN (first time playthrough bonus)

OOB EE (again bb, ftb (first time bonus))
OOB EH...
OOB EN...

Wiz King EE
Wiz King EH
Wiz King EN

Von 3 EE
Von 3 EH
Von 3 EN

max star max lvl tree challenge, both...

right there, with no exp pot, probably looking at 1.5 mill or so. probably more. Not going waste my time on the math. I know with a 50% pot, you've already cleared 1/3 of the 20-28 exp needed and can do it in maybe 2 hours.

Of course, if you do have a slayer pot, definitely hit up thunderholme slayer for another 1-2 mill, depending on exp pot...

Also kings forest grim disturbance if you have a slayer pot.

Heck, at this point, even without a pot, if you are quick and capable, just do the sagas on EE and will probably cap you.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 5:35am:
Oh on that note a pocket full of Mikayl's can be useful for non-arcanes.

Absotootly, saves so much time and hassle, definitely a must.

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:49am
Print Post  
I am not positive on the 8 hours, but with 50% pot running, a solid TR train group going from Iconic 15 to 28 in a day is very doable, quite literally the longest part of my TRing is usually the damn TR Cache or RL getting in the way.

The 15 to 20 is not my strength I usually just pike like a boss for that. But, I do 20 to 28 in less than 8 hours all the time, 3 epic slayer zones capping, a couple of either stupid fast dumb EN/EH grinds, or/and a couple of first time EE completions and you are there. Someone else mentioned Eveningstar challenges - they are fast and quick, 6 star them on level 30 and take home a huge chunk of exp in less than two hours. Its sad how rarely people LFG those, people think challenge and forget about them.

I think my fastest non-stone 20 to 28 was in less than 3 hours but I had saga awards waiting and had my slayers already set at high 4000s and the slayer zones already setup with boxes. Also red-doored a EE Through the Mirror. Awesome EXP if you can do it in less than 20 mins, which isn't hard if you know the quest. Half piked an EE Crucible. Setting up hotkeys can take time! Wish you could save more ui stuff between TRs. For a game that is all about TRing now, how clumsy and annoying the process is retarded. We need more than just /ui layout load blah.

With 1 heroic stone, 1 epic stone and guild help I did 15 to 28 in about an hour legit so I would be ready for an EE MoD on release day - they wanted me on a specific build for it. XP penalties for entering late only begin occurring after the 15 minute mark if I remember, so having other people doing high xp quests fast and running between them for nearly full xp or 80% xp, its doable.

Yes, I do use all of the exp bonuses including VIP, without 50% there, 10% here, 5% there, etc... it does take longer.

When people say this game is too easy... for end game style players, this game is TOO easy even without exploits. That gets into the relative statement however.

If you sploit... well duh its easy, what game isnt?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:51am
Print Post  
You get a lot more xp/min if a group takes turns piking for bios and such.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint