Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fran, Stop Being Retarded (Read 27895 times)
FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Re: Fran, Stop Being Retarded
Reply #50 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Keep spewing the venom guys and girls. It only proves you don't have an actual valid argument.

As for the statement that I didn't read the description - I don't see anything on that description reading "Can be used whether TWFighting or not".
And the name of the Feat is Perfect Two Weapon Fighting!
There are other Perfect Feats too - Which actually state that they give their bonus while using the weapons they're aimed at!
Omission is not Proof!

What it means is that someone had to try this out - Had to test it to see if they were actually getting that +5% Doublestrike!

Just from reading the name and the description common sense would suggest that there was an omission in the description and that this feat only worked when wielding two weapons!
Only an Exploiter would even think to test if it worked otherwise!

Can any of you see a PnP DM worth his/her salt allowing a Feat called Perfect Two Weapon Fighting to give a bonus when wielding a Greatsword or a Rapier and nothing/an Orb in the offhand?
Because I can't!
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 12:27pm by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #51 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
If you've come here to defend yourself from this cabal, you've already lost Fran.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 12:27pm:
Keep spewing the venom guys and girls. It only proves you don't have an actual valid argument.

As for the statement that I didn't read the description - I don't see anything on that description reading "Can be used whether TWFighting or not".
There are other Perfect Feats too - Which actually state that they give their bonus while using the weapons they're aimed at!
Omission is not Proof!

What it means is that someone had to try this out - Had to test it to see if they were actually getting that +5% Doublestrike!

Just from reading the name and the description common sense would suggest that there was an omission in the description and that this feat only worked when wielding two weapons!

Can any of you see a PnP DM worth his/her salt allowing a Feat called Perfect Two Weapon Fighting to give a bonus when wielding a Greatsword or a Rapier and nothing/an Orb in the offhand?
Because I can't!

You're a fuckin' idiot. "Omission is not proof". My ass. It's fucking proof the devs had no intention of restricting this to characters with the TWF feat line. If they had intended to restrict it, then it would say "when two weapon fighting" somewhere in its description. Obviously that's not in the description because otherwise you wouldn't be here (and the motherforums) crying about how broken this feat is, even though it's not broken.

God damn fucktard, you are. Go buy a brain cell and get a fuckin' IQ higher than 2.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #53 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Keep spewing the venom guys and girls

Well since I have your permission...

I don't see anything on that description reading "Can be used whether TWFighting or not".

You can read! We're making headway

Your point?

By exploiter do mean any other non-retarded min-maxer who plays this fucking game?

Because I can't!

And your last mistake, comparing this to PnP and expecting one to measure up too the other and vice versa.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
"Can be used whether TWFighting or not".

neither does it state that for pthf.

What it means is that someone had to try this out

or they just read the description? wow, such hard, much tough.

common sense would suggest that there was an omission in the description and that this feat only worked when wielding two weapons!

lol wut? And you lack common sense, so, there goes your theory on that.

Can any of you see a PnP DM worth his/her salt

yeah, because all ddo things are allowed by pnp DMs. you are so fucking stupid. like, really, really dumb. actual dumb. not like im just saying this.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #55 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Idc about this stupid argument, but lets be honest, how many fucktards knew that p2weapon provides dstrike to other styles without others telling them?
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:26pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:21pm:
p2weapon provides dstrike without others telling them?

So, what you're saying is that you can't fucking read? Oh, ok!

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #57 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:23pm:

Forgot to add the other styles part, thought it was obvious what i wanted to say

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:27pm:
Forgot to add the other styles part, thought it was obvious what i wanted to say

« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:29pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:21pm:
Idc about this stupid argument, but lets be honest, how many fucktards knew that p2weapon provides dstrike without others telling them?

Then you're just as developmentally disabled as Francis is. I read the description. The first character I planned to use this on (and am using this on still) uses a great axe. As soon as I got done reading it, my first thought was, "Well, since I don't have an off-hand weapon, then I still get 5% doublestrike out of it. Awesome! I'll take that at level 26!"

Reading Is Fundamental! The feat isn't broken because it functions exactly as the description states and no dev has ever stated it should apply only to those characters with the TWF feat line. Having any of the TWF feats isn't even a pre-requisite for taking this feat. So, why would anyone expect it to apply only to those characters with those feats?

Normally, I don't post much. However, I just have absolutely zero tolerance or patience for stupid people, such as LeLouch and Francis. I'm so happy I don't know either of you in real life because there is no way I could ever manage to be anything that could remotely be perceived as "nice" or even "tolerant" toward either of you.

If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #60 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
I dc if they fix it as long as artificer retain essence gives the int plus lvl % to doublestrike as well!

Meh, just made that up. Ok. Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #61 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:33pm:
Then you're just as developmentally disabled as Francis is. I read the description. The first character I planned to use this on (and am using this on still) uses a great axe. As soon as I got done reading it, my first thought was, "Well, since I don't have an off-hand weapon, then I still get 5% doublestrike out of it. Awesome! I'll take that at level 26!"

Reading Is Fundamental! The feat isn't broken because it functions exactly as the description states and no dev has ever stated it should apply only to those characters with the TWF feat line. Having any of the TWF feats isn't even a pre-requisite for taking this feat. So, why would anyone expect it to apply only to those characters with those feats?

Normally, I don't post much. However, I just have absolutely zero tolerance or patience for stupid people, such as LeLouch and Francis. I'm so happy I don't know either of you in real life because there is no way I could ever manage to be anything that could remotely be perceived as "nice" or even "tolerant" toward either of you.

To long, but will put it this way, i met more players in ddo that didnt know it works as it works then those that know how it works.
I dont give a fk if its working as intended or no, been using it since day 1.
But why would you fkn argue with fran about something that is a game mechanic, he himself said he lacks skill and knowledge to play the game, and how many epic chars does he have?
its like arguing with a baby about fucking law.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:55pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:36pm:
To long, but will put it this way, i met more players in ddo that didnt know it works as it works then those that know how it works.
I dont give a fk if its working as intended or no, been using it since day 1.
But why would you fkn argue with fran about something that is a game mechanic, he himself said he lacks skill and knowledge to play the game, and how many epic chars does he have?
its like arguing with a baby about fucking law

Fair enough. I'm arguing with him because I cannot abide his level of stupidity. It makes me wish I could punch him and return him to the vegetative state that is normal for him.

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #63 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:39pm:
It makes me wish I could punch him and return him to the vegetative state that is normal for him.

People in vegetative states might find that insulting. Fran falls far below the catatonic intelligence standard.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #64 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/462698-DDO-Bonus-Days!?p=5648246&viewf...

"Why are so many of these bonus days +XP?

Can we have something for those of us who aren't in a rush to TR?

And no we don't need more Epic XP either!"

MY GOD ONLY ONE ! USED !

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #65 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
The hits keep on coming. What a fucking retard.
What do you want? Them souper douper +50% challenge rewards? Fucking scrub.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #66 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks to Fran, I can no longer look at an exclamation mark without cringing.

I could really care less about what ever else he posts - but he has somehow caused ! to lose any kind of meaning. Every goddamn line... ! It's like being yelled at by some zoo monkey, it's just gibberish at this point, and not solely based on the content of the message. Reading a Fran post is like what would happen if the static on the radio learned to scream at you.

Sorry... just needed to vent. Please continue with the topic at hand.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #67 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 5:28pm:
Thanks to Fran/Chai/HAL/Hendick/Boogre/Ironclown/Uurblackeyes/Uska/Melifat/Ape_Man_Socks/s
Qhualor/Turdh
, I can no longer look at the mobos without cringing.

I could really care less about what ever else they post - but he has somehow caused every post to lose any kind of meaning. Every goddamn line... It's like being yelled at by some zoo monkey, it's just gibberish at this point, and not solely based on the content of the message. Reading a Fran/Chai/HAL/Hendick/Boogre/Ironclown/Uurblackeyes/Uska/Melifat/Ape_Man_Socks/s
Qhualor/Turdh
post is like what would happen if the static on the radio learned to scream at you.

FTFY

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #68 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 5:34pm
Print Post  

that's what Hitler said.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 5:28pm:
Thanks to Fran, I can no longer look at an exclamation mark without cringing.

I could really care less about what ever else he posts - but he has somehow caused ! to lose any kind of meaning. Every goddamn line... ! It's like being yelled at by some zoo monkey, it's just gibberish at this point, and not solely based on the content of the message. Reading a Fran post is like what would happen if the static on the radio learned to scream at you.

Sorry... just needed to vent. Please continue with the topic at hand.

try reading his posts as if he's this kid

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #70 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 6:15pm:
try reading his posts as if he's this kid

nice.  I think of him more as a cross between Carl Pilkington and Spud on speed.

+

=

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 8:19pm by Yobai »  

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:29pm:

I think the secret message here is "I am a twf and we only get to take one feat, but you thfs well, you get our feat you bastards!!!"

And for no reason at all, I'm going to include more exclamation marks, but this time with squiggles. And brackets.

(!~!~!)

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #72 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 9:16pm
Print Post  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #73 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:33pm:
Then you're just as developmentally disabled as Francis is.

PC term used as insult. Prepare for euphemism treadmill turning.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #74 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:19am
Print Post  
I found this about excessive use of exclamation marks:

People who use excessive exclamation points are …

Quote:
We came up with this list of the anatomy of an exclamation point user:

1. Typically females without a lot of depth.

2. Those who smile a lot and nod in agreement, even though they may not even understand what’s going on.

3. The enthusiastic team player who, like Susan Powter, never shows much emotion outside of the cheerleader.

4. Someone who uses the word ‘like’ a lot (I have a little prob. with this one because I, like, totally use the word ‘like.’

5. Excessively hyper girls.

6. People who need constant reassurance. (Another problem here. There are says I’m certainly seeking out reassurance, but I’ll give ’em this one.)

7. A person who isn’t really that happy, but tries to convince others they are. Ex: MySpace pages where the “About Me” section is peppered with!!. Or those crazy letters people send at Christmas, updating family, friends & those they haven’t spoken with all year just! how! totally! great! their!! life!!!! is!!!!

And here are some tips from Time magazine to get rid of them:

You’re Using Exclamation Points Too Much! Here’s How to Stop

Quote:
For those who are tired of reading and using exclamation points all day long, here are some equally emphatic alternatives
More
How a French Dancer Rebuilt Her Career After Injury
How to Go From Evaluation to Inspiration
The Troubling Connection Between Modesty Culture and Rape Culture
S.C. Governor Signs Bill Removing Confederate Flag NBC News
Up Close and Personal With Great White Sharks NBC News
Judge Locks Up Three Kids for Refusing Lunch With Dad NBC News
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Donald Trump Deserted By Partners as Immigrant Furor Grows
Donald Trump Deserted By Partners as Immigrant Furor Grows
Emma Watson Is the Newest Member of Taylor Swift's Crew
Emma Watson Is the Newest Member of Taylor Swift's Crew
Meet Princess Charlotte's Godparents
Meet Princess Charlotte's Godparents
You Won’t Believe the Most Expensive City for Expat Employees
Promoted
You Won’t Believe the Most Expensive City for Expat Employees

Exclamation points used to be something you allowed yourself, a secret weapon unsheathed only at a rare and necessary moment, like Wolverine’s adamantium claws. To throw them around willy-nilly was a high crime to grammar-keepers. As one writerly friend wrote to me about a decade ago, “Almost all uses of exclamation points, other than in reported speech, should be punished by death, administered with broadsword.”

But my, how times have changed! There’s an exclamation in every email and text, if not a string of them!!! As we type, we glibly spray them about like candies off a parade float. It has gotten to a point, as many have noted, where it appears rude, unenthusiastic and perhaps apathetic not to include one in the simplest of messages. We sneer at the ungrateful “Thanks.” We are unsettled by the emotionless “Sure.”

This universal barrage has, in turn, muted the mark’s ability to powerfully exclaim, as a joke’s hilarity wanes when told over and over and over. “There’s been a dilution of its power through greater use,” says linguist Ben Zimmer, executive producer of Vocabulary.com.

That dilution, Zimmer notes, has come with the rise of electronic communication, where we struggle to convey all the things that our voice and face can. As E. Dudley Parsons wrote in a 1915 edition of English Journal, “We began punctuating to give the same sense to the eye that our spoken sentence gives to the ear.” But if the mark is to retain its impact, we might do well to give it a rest and find other ways to convey our sincerity and amiability through the keyboard.

Let us take this exchange as a starting point and consider what might replace all the “!”. Below it are four alternatives that may be of relief to those suffering from exclamatory fatigue:

Person #1: That thing you asked for is attached to this email.

Person #2. Thank you!!!

1) Use an emoticon.

Person #2: Thank you. Smiley

This comes with caveats, of course. One: if you’re the type of person who clings to old ways of grammar and is beside yourself with concern about this exclamation-point phenomenon, chances are you hate new-fangled emoticons. Recommending them to you as a replacement may be much like saying you can avoid a shark’s bite by getting into its belly. The other is that if you use these in workplace emails, people may find you silly and unprofessional.

2) Use intensifiers or emphatic words.

Person #2. Thank you very much. Thank you so much. Really, thank you.

Obviously if you use them all at once, the receiver of your communication may suspect that the lady doth protest too much. But used sparingly, intensifiers do just what they sound like they should. Without materially changing the meaning of a sentence, this type of adverb gives the sentiment emphasis. These include words such as very, really and so, as well as much and a lot and even four-letter words, as in, “That is f—ing unbelievable.”

3) Use less expected words.

Person #2. You are a gem and a half.

“Thanks” or “Sure” or “Yes” are responses we see so much that an exclamation point feels needed to spice them up in contexts where we want to sound grateful or amped, rather than begrudgingly agreeable or blandly affirmative. After all, we invoke “yes” for everything from forms at the doctor’s office to being asked on a date to explaining whether we’re in line for the bathroom, and each yes is different. But if you phrase something in a more specific, less rote way, you can sidestep the exclamation point. And you might even give your reader a modest jolt of entertainment to brighten up their day.

4) Use other forms of punctuation for emphasis.

Person #2. Thank you, very much. You. Are. The. Best.

Zimmer calls the latter the “emphatic period,” and notes that it is not only a good way to convey adamance but also the speech patterns of William Shatner. A well placed comma can create an emphatic pause that drives a point home without shouting it. And one might even get crazy and use the interrobang for variety’s sake, which is the Siamese twin of an exclamation mark and question mark. If we don’t do a little something to reserve the pure exclamation mark, it may soon require an army of them to express true emphasis. And that sounds exhausting, don’t you think‽

I hope these help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint