Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Flawless Victory changing - and more. (Read 20455 times)
Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Re: Flawless Victory changing - and more.
Reply #25 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:58am
Print Post  
It is really difficult to retain new players. I hope this helps.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #26 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:58am:
It is really difficult to retain new players. I hope this helps.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

well played sir!

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:57am
Print Post  
I think dropbear is right. The time it takes to move 6 toons from dungeon to dungeon would eat up any xp bonus for group size.

Unless the bonus is very very big.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 3:49am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:57am:
I think dropbear is right. The time it takes to move 6 toons from dungeon to dungeon would eat up any xp bonus for group size.

Unless the bonus is very very big.

Could be done with software assistance, but they said it would only be a weekend bonus. So boxers would get a bonus a few times a year. WGAF?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #29 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 4:20am
Print Post  
Too little, too late... This should have been done at least 2 years ago.

It won't change the fact that anybody that spent seome time playing DDO can steamroll EH with a First Life Character and can do most of the quests on EE without breaking a sweat.

I still think that BB, DA and Dungeon Scaling should have been killed.
BB to be replaced by an XP neutral mechanism that encourage people to challenge quest difficulties.
Dungeon Alert replaced by a mechanism that puts lockouts in place dynamically if too much mob is aware of something ( so that people zerging invisible and sneaking rogues that are not seen or heard can reach the end without a fuss while idiots stomping in corridors will have to stop and clear all the avake mob from time to time ).
Dungeon Scaling whould be killed outright. Only one size fit them all : Full 4 or more people party. If they can't cope with it soloing, then they just pick up an easier quest.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #30 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 4:43am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 12:41am:
A. no one with a clue about how DDO math works gives a flying fuck about the 10% flawless bonus. 

I'm confused, then. What is the criticism, exactly? That a thing knowledgeable people don't GAF about is being removed? Or are you attempting to praise getting rid of a superfluous thing, only it's difficult because the old hate-reflexes keep kicking in?

2. the reason they say they are changing it is a fantasy.  it will not promote more LFMing.

Is anyone really thinking Turbine's reasons for doing things has some kind of intersection with the things they actually wind up doing?

III. the BB delay?  who the fuck who can play this game is going to stop elite streaking to slow down and play with rando PUGs?  ROFL.

Let's just suppose only those who can't play this game will stop elite streaking to slow down and play with rando PUGs.

Didn't that just clear out a bunch of annoying fools from your '133t raids?

FIFE.  the bonus for moar grouping?  guess we can all use those alts we made for free j-cube pets to multi-box now. 

Fuck the cube pet. The fuck is the draw to a cube pet? Who the fuck wants moar cube pets? It's NAGWARE.

the changes are good for me.  more xp is always good.  the REASON behind the changes is a fucking farce.  good players will get even more xp for NOT grouping.  LOL.

win/win.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #31 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:56am:
always trust in sloth.  can't argue with that.

but if I'm not too lazy to bring one or two of my alt accounts into quests I'm going to solo or farm then you know there are some serious nutters out there who will six box it.

hell people already are.

I used to try to 6 box alt accounts to get coin lords favor for the extra bank tabs.
Even in Korthos and Harbor, it is still annoying to move the toons.

Even with Boxer software, you need to make sure the toons are identical for movement rate and even then, slight network delays still get your team out of sync.

3-4 is workable, but 6 is too many to be practical - especially as quest space out and you come across quests with unusual requirements (eg. all toons must be at staging points to progress etc).

The other aspect is the scaling too.  Depends what difficulty you run on and what toon and how good you are, but scaling can slow things down too, making that extra XP take a lot longer.

Each to their own, but it certainly won't be easy XP.
At this stage, their only talking about that as an event - which will be a trial to see if it increases LFM's.  If it does, it will get implemented.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #32 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 7:39am
Print Post  
III. the BB delay?  who the fuck who can play this game is going to stop elite streaking to slow down and play with rando PUGs?  ROFL.

But you might slow down and group with friends, which right now can be painful. Or you might pause it to bail out a random noob asking for help. I think many of us have done that, and don't do it as much or at all with a BB Streak on.

FIFE.  the bonus for moar grouping?  guess we can all use those alts we made for free j-cube pets to multi-box now. 

Except that
a) You'd have to buy the adventure packs for those alts
b) Dungeon scaling will make bringing in live players more attractive than dual boxing alts for the less uber of the uber
c) If you have to run each alt to the dungeon entrance, you aren't any faster than waiting for 5 PUG noobs to grab buffs and get to the entrance in parallel.

Personally I think these are good changes. Probably too little too late to make a big difference, but a step in the right direction - I doubt any of my friends are coming back over these, but it might slow the bleeding.

And it gives me hope that maybe somebody gave Severance Pay a smack on the back of the head (worth a grin on it's own) and told him that ignoring his customers is why he's getting busted down a rank, and if he doesn’t want his career to fall even lower he needs to work on that. I'm sure he's too arrogant to take it to heart, but he might be devious enough to try to put on at least a show of it during his last weeks in power.

This could usher in a whole new era of devs listening to players! Sunshine! Butterflies! Wait, what the hell am I drinking here? Ooooooo pretty ....  Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #33 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 4:20am:
Dungeon Scaling whould be killed outright. Only one size fit them all : Full 4 or more people party. If they can't cope with it soloing, then they just pick up an easier quest.

I disagree with this for a lot of reasons, which I've stated almost half as many times as you've proposed this, but I have a new one now.

Dungeon Scaling can't be removed now because it's exerting pressure in favor of inviting real players over dual boxing for the XP bonus.

I doubt it's much pressure for you or for most of the big guns here, but you're a minority in the game. Most players can't carry 5 multiboxed alts through, but if you make 6 boxing as easy as soloing but 50% more XP, then that will become the new norm.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #34 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:08am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 7:34am:
I used to try to 6 box alt accounts to get coin lords favor for the extra bank tabs.
Even in Korthos and Harbor, it is still annoying to move the toons.

Even with Boxer software, you need to make sure the toons are identical for movement rate and even then, slight network delays still get your team out of sync.

3-4 is workable, but 6 is too many to be practical - especially as quest space out and you come across quests with unusual requirements (eg. all toons must be at staging points to progress etc).

The other aspect is the scaling too.  Depends what difficulty you run on and what toon and how good you are, but scaling can slow things down too, making that extra XP take a lot longer.

Each to their own, but it certainly won't be easy XP.
At this stage, their only talking about that as an event - which will be a trial to see if it increases LFM's.  If it does, it will get implemented.

Which Boxer softwares have you tried?

Did you try ISBoxer? I'm a bit curious if it's any good for DDO and if it's worth trying it.

So far I've only dual and tripple boxed, but all manually. Will try to start with 6 accounts.

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #35 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 4:20am:

I see this stated a lot.  As if the only reason players
aren't grouping is because it's easier to solo.  This
ignores:

There are fewer players

There are fewer players at BB appropriate level ranges

Some people don't want to group no matter what you
do.

It's just as likely (in fact, empirically much more likely) that
penalizing soloing would just result in fewer players full
stop.  Incentivising grouping is the right way to make a
change here - IMO of course.

For those with access to the main forums, I think Ellis'
suggestion to do away with BB and roll it into first time
completion is a far simpler and more elegant solution.
Who the fuck wants to go and talk to an NPC to suspend
their streak?
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2015 at 10:00am by Jeff_Stryker »  

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #36 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Fuck all you whiny bitches who say 'too little too late'.  Turbine is finally doing something worthy of praise and people who don't even play anymore come in to say they're gonna keep not playing.  I, for one, am thrilled by this.  Thanks for the heads up, Memnir.

- Zorro

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #37 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 10:35am
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:08am:
Which Boxer softwares have you tried?

Did you try ISBoxer? I'm a bit curious if it's any good for DDO and if it's worth trying it.

So far I've only dual and tripple boxed, but all manually. Will try to start with 6 accounts.

Yep IS Boxer a few years ago.
It works fine if you invest the time to set it up.

Triple boxing is doable without IS Boxer - depending on your setup.
The current DDO client makes Multi-boxing far easy to achieve.
The Akamai shit seems to chew up a lot of memory though, so I can only get 3 clients running on my main machine (8GB RAM) these days.

The key problem you will encounter - DOO does not have the /follow command like LOTRO.  So even with toons with exactly matching speed, you will get out of sync (just different lag between client and server and lost packets).  Stopping to resolve that takes time.  Even in public places it can be annoying to have 1 or 2 members fall off walkways, get stuck in bushes etc.

As you get to higher levels, differences in gear, enhancements, class, buffs and feats will mean different movement speeds that are hard to align.

The second is coordination.  You can actually setup a 6 man party to move, attack and work together.  Using an overlay and a hotbar, you can put common abilities in the same spot on each account.  For eg. you can put primary melee attack on slot 1 of hotbar, ranged on slot 2, self-heal on slot 3, key class ability on slot 4 etc.
You can transmit select target to each client and then have them all melee attack etc.
Ofc you can mix it up and have spellcasters cast spells instead of melee and have the healer use healing aura or group heals.
You only get 1 hotbar overlay of 8 (from memory) slots though.

I works ok for low level stuff like grinding Coin Lords favour on mule accounts.

So you can see that theoretically it can work, but it lacks nuance and tactics.
I found it hard to make work on Hard and Elite as the mobs that spawn are tougher and more numerous. It's easy to target one enemy at a time and focus damage, but this strategy doesn't always work in harder content where you're being attacked from multiple angles and different elevations.

Also, you can't realistically send your melee into melee, have your ranged hang back and have your spellcasters nuke other enemy casters.  Too sophisticated to achieve.

At some point, I reached the realisation that is was not efficient to do this, nor was it convenient to have all the skills I needed in my party.
So you get to a point of parking 5 at entrance, but then you hit quests with artificial quest milestones requiring you to move the party.
Moving the party around really is a PITA.

I eventually landed on it being more effective to just run with a main, maybe have a secondary (Bard for me) and use hirelings as required for trapping etc.  If I'm farming for something, I will run up to 3 clients just to get the extra chest pulls.

So your mileage may vary, so long as your expectations are realistic.  It felt fun to do for awhile, but you aren't going to be steamrolling Elite content.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #38 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 11:11am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 10:35am:
Yep IS Boxer a few years ago.
It works fine if you invest the time to set it up.

Triple boxing is doable without IS Boxer - depending on your setup.
The current DDO client makes Multi-boxing far easy to achieve.
The Akamai shit seems to chew up a lot of memory though, so I can only get 3 clients running on my main machine (8GB RAM) these days.

The key problem you will encounter - DOO does not have the /follow command like LOTRO.  So even with toons with exactly matching speed, you will get out of sync (just different lag between client and server and lost packets).  Stopping to resolve that takes time.  Even in public places it can be annoying to have 1 or 2 members fall off walkways, get stuck in bushes etc.

As you get to higher levels, differences in gear, enhancements, class, buffs and feats will mean different movement speeds that are hard to align.

The second is coordination.  You can actually setup a 6 man party to move, attack and work together.  Using an overlay and a hotbar, you can put common abilities in the same spot on each account.  For eg. you can put primary melee attack on slot 1 of hotbar, ranged on slot 2, self-heal on slot 3, key class ability on slot 4 etc.
You can transmit select target to each client and then have them all melee attack etc.
Ofc you can mix it up and have spellcasters cast spells instead of melee and have the healer use healing aura or group heals.
You only get 1 hotbar overlay of 8 (from memory) slots though.

I works ok for low level stuff like grinding Coin Lords favour on mule accounts.

So you can see that theoretically it can work, but it lacks nuance and tactics.
I found it hard to make work on Hard and Elite as the mobs that spawn are tougher and more numerous. It's easy to target one enemy at a time and focus damage, but this strategy doesn't always work in harder content where you're being attacked from multiple angles and different elevations.

Also, you can't realistically send your melee into melee, have your ranged hang back and have your spellcasters nuke other enemy casters.  Too sophisticated to achieve.

At some point, I reached the realisation that is was not efficient to do this, nor was it convenient to have all the skills I needed in my party.
So you get to a point of parking 5 at entrance, but then you hit quests with artificial quest milestones requiring you to move the party.
Moving the party around really is a PITA.

I eventually landed on it being more effective to just run with a main, maybe have a secondary (Bard for me) and use hirelings as required for trapping etc.  If I'm farming for something, I will run up to 3 clients just to get the extra chest pulls.

So your mileage may vary, so long as your expectations are realistic.  It felt fun to do for awhile, but you aren't going to be steamrolling Elite content.

Thanks!

Today (when tripple running) I usually put the boxers as stones in the main toon's pocket and solo the quest and that's what I plan to do when expanding to 6 ones as well. Usually it doesn't take that long inside quests to do it that way, and I can res when it's time to loot.

My main concern is wilderness areas, in case it takes a bit of time to kill of the rest of the party. I was hoping that I could run the boxer gang with invis and using IS Boxer to the quest and let the main toon clear anything. I'll see if I can try it out with the 7-day trial to see how well it can be run this way, else I'll have to do the old kill-method and run the traditional way.

In non quest areas I plan to use friends teleport. I suppose greater teleport will also be handy to move around a bit faster with the whole gang.

It would be so much more convenient with a Follow function.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #39 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:53am:
Fuck all you whiny bitches who say 'too little too late'.  Turbine is finally doing something worthy of praise and people who don't even play anymore come in to say they're gonna keep not playing.  I, for one, am thrilled by this.  Thanks for the heads up, Memnir.

hear hear, 1x internets for you sir!

P.S - all the whiny cunts in here are in fine company - the motherforums golden boys are also up in arms. You can suck each others dicks over this now  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #40 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 8:12am:
I disagree with this for a lot of reasons, which I've stated almost half as many times as you've proposed this, but I have a new one now.

Dungeon Scaling can't be removed now because it's exerting pressure in favor of inviting real players over dual boxing for the XP bonus.

I doubt it's much pressure for you or for most of the big guns here, but you're a minority in the game. Most players can't carry 5 multiboxed alts through, but if you make 6 boxing as easy as soloing but 50% more XP, then that will become the new norm.

I can prove with an independant party that I just barely started dual boxing... ( that is two weeks ago )
I can also easily prove with an independant party that I'm not doing chain TR. ( 1 Have at this time 3 second life characters, all the rest are first life toons )
I can prove without a shadow of a doubt that I suffer from a severe case of Altaholism.
I'm sure a lurking guildy will oblige to say so.

The whole point of dungeon scaling getting removed is because it scales down difficulty if there's less people in the party... So it actually force people to solo quests for the easy button. If there's no scaling, soloing quests become more challenging and people will find that they are easier if they group.

Jeff_Stryker wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:51am:
This
ignores:

There are fewer players

There are fewer players at BB appropriate level ranges

Some people don't want to group no matter what you
do.

Well in my case it doesn't ignores it, since I want to kill BB at the same time.
And for those that just want to solo, I have no problem... usually they are the most vocal that DDO is too easy... without Scaling they will have to live up to their whining.
( the flower sniffers soloers won't be bothered, since they don't care about BB and don't care about scaling... if they find the quest too tough or too much work they will do another one )

I'm not penalizing soling... there's the Solo ( well Casual nowadays ) difficulty for them... which can be scaled for Solo play. But all the other difficulties, being Party difficulties should be scaled for a party. ( and since it involves killing Retarded Streak, any whining that they can't do it on elite for Streak will be irrelevant... )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #41 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff_Stryker wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:51am:

/signed

And also, it's not just soloing, I run quests with my wife and we find plenty of challenge. If we got the big "You're not enjoying the game right, we're going to make it harder so you have to invite PUGs to be able to complete" from Turbine it would be the final straw.

Implying dungeon scaling only benefits antisocial soloers is deceptive.

And furthermore, what's the point of incentivising grouping? It's a niche, just like PvP. Some people like it, and it's great to support it, but it's stupid to cater to it to the point that it hurts other ways of enjoying the game.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #42 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 12:55pm:
I can prove with an independant party that I just barely started dual boxing... ( that is two weeks ago )
I can also easily prove with an independant party that I'm not doing chain TR. ( 1 Have at this time 3 second life characters, all the rest are first life toons )
I can prove without a shadow of a doubt that I suffer from a severe case of Altaholism.
I'm sure a lurking guildy will oblige to say so.

When I said "Now" I meant with the announced changes. I have no reason to doubt any of your claims, not do I feel any of them diminish my argument.

Flav wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 12:55pm:
The whole point of dungeon scaling getting removed is because it scales down difficulty if there's less people in the party... So it actually force people to solo quests for the easy button. If there's no scaling, soloing quests become more challenging and people will find that they are easier if they group.

OK, bull shit. If you're arguing that the dungeon scaling equations are off, that's fine, but don't try to use that as an excuse to kill the whole system. The system helps people who can't fill a group for whatever reason enjoy the game anyway, and that's a good thing.

For most quests the equations are pretty good, and I have a much easier time doing a quest with a guildie than I do solo, and it's easier still with 2 guildies. There are a few, particularly with specific classes, that are easier to solo, but they are the exception not the rule.

It may be easier to solo than to group with an idiot or 2 idiots, so in that sense I kinda see your point, but if you feel you're currently better off soloing than running with a friend, the problem might not be dungeon scaling  Undecided
EDIT: That came out a bit harsher than I intended, substitute some mild zing and a somewhat skeptical suggestion that maybe dungeon scaling doesn't work for you in quite the same way it works for the masses
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:48pm by Meursault »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #43 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:13pm:
/signed

And also, it's not just soloing, I run quests with my wife and we find plenty of challenge. If we got the big "You're not enjoying the game right, we're going to make it harder so you have to invite PUGs to be able to complete" from Turbine it would be the final straw.

Rather than drop down one difficulty level you'd quit altogether?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #44 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:53am:

pick the dried cum out of your eyes Ignatius.  it will help your reading perception.

something can be both good and too little too late.  I'll dumb it down as much as possible so you and jizz muffin can comprehend.

1 - more XP is good.

2 - this will not change LFMing.

everyone with two brain cells agrees with points 1 & 2. 

idiots like Turban, you, 5 foot, jizz muffin, and memnir agree with 1 and disagree with 2 because you are clueless (Turban), filled with childish optimism (memnir), or have a potato clock for a brain.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:05pm by Yobai »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #45 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 11:11am:
Thanks!

Today (when tripple running) I usually put the boxers as stones in the main toon's pocket and solo the quest and that's what I plan to do when expanding to 6 ones as well.

aaaand that's what some idiots don't get. 

if I get +10% more for each player in the group and don't lose flawless on my main for killing my multis I'm getting +30% xp.  all of a sudden semi hassle becomes worth it.

math.  the Shadeslayer.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #46 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:53pm:
Rather than drop down one difficulty level you'd quit altogether?

Dropping down a difficulty level wouldn't help, we're talking about dungeon scaling, so removing it would mean the lower difficulties were *more* affected. The higher difficulties already have reduced scaling.

In general, dropping to a lower difficulty is annoying, but not a killer on its own. With champions we went from a mix of HH/HE to HN/HH depending on the quest and cleaning up HE favor when we are 4-5 levels above the quest. While the extra grind for favor (in a game that has already gotten way too grindy) has definitely made the game less fun, we are still playing, though less often.

But yeah, if it got to the point that we couldn't handle HN quests at level without outside help, we'd be done. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be the only ones, either.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #47 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:42pm:
But yeah, if it got to the point that we couldn't handle HN quests at level without outside help, we'd be done. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be the only ones, either.

right there with you.  though I doubt they would make it that hard that normal is tough for anyone.  they seem to keep making the game easier not harder.

no scaling might end up with:

casual - braindead blind players can solo
normal- easy
hard - challenging
elite - like it used to be before scaling but with the added challenge of champs

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #48 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:37pm:
but if you feel you're currently better off soloing than running with a friend, the problem might not be dungeon scaling  Undecided

don't cut me to the quick bro!

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #49 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:32am:
2. Most good players who Zerg could run a whole new quest in the time it takes just to move a party to next quest.

Agreed.. I have dual boxed a lot as often I play my wife's account to keep her toon within range of mine when she does play. Find it a chore running her around. I have also started up a f2p account so often have 3 accounts active running around till the p2p accounts get to far ahead then it sits idle waiting for the next tr life.

Now if they ever implemented a follow command.. it would make things so much nicer. I will often run her up naked and let mobs kill her just to carry her stone to the end of the quest for the loot if its a decent quest or something like litany flagging where you need sigils etc.  Is there someone who might know why there is no follow command in this game? I know others like NWN had it so its not a huge undertaking.

Still do it on raids from time to time long as no one minds. Most don't care about the exp loss as some douche is bound to die anyways.

have gotten quite adept at switching between both screens to keep everyone running but occasionally a lava pit will get me or get caught on a corner. One day I will get another monitor so I can see both at same time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint