Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U27 non-raid drop rates, play now. (Read 11780 times)
Forest
Ex Member

U27 non-raid drop rates, play now.
Jul 29th, 2015 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
In 6 hours of playing solo last night I picked up the named cloak, GxB, Gax, Qstaff, and the ring.

They may deny it, but the first week drop rates are as tasty as E3BC was.

Bound to change soon, so if you want em I would advise playing them to ransack in the next few days.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: U27 non-raid drop rates, play now.
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
I've not pulled a single named item in flagging 3 toons.  Sad

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:46pm
Print Post  

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I pulled the shield in my first en raid run.

I pulled the trinket and the rod of mythant on first run through of quests.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
What do we know about drop rates with respect to difficulty? I've noticed EE drop rates are much much better than EN.  Not too sure about EH yet.  Is EH the sweet spot or is EE the way to go?  (Or EN)?

Much work to do.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:13am
Print Post  
Is anything actually worth getting though? It was my understanding that the gear was just meh (not better than anything we already have).

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Drops are seriously tweaked at launch, so pick EH for the first-ever run with each toon, and splurge on re-rolling loot that first run. Chance are much much higher that you will get something named to drop that first time or in the 3 re-rolls for each toon's inaugural run.

Or if you are going to be doing any TR's run them on Heroic Hard for that first run.   

« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:22am by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

NightLord
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:26am
Print Post  
12 quests runned in ee, dropped only shuriken.
my friend in my party dropped almost every item.
loot busted is a good incentive to buy this boring pack Sad

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:25am
Print Post  
you actually bought the pack?

wow you must either have alot of time on your hands or your hopelessly fucking retarded.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:36am
Print Post  
OMG Arm of the Archons, I mean it sux dicks compared to my Titan's Fist, but you should take a look at its skin.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:36am:
OMG Arm of the Archons, I mean it sux dicks compared to my Titan's Fist, but you should take a look at its skin.

Picture please.... now

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #11 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 2:26pm:
Picture please.... now

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Figures that the best thing in an update is something you'd glammer and not actually wear...

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #13 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:22am:
Drops are seriously tweaked at launch, so pick EH for the first-ever run with each toon, and splurge on re-rolling loot that first run. Chance are much much higher that you will get something named to drop that first time or in the 3 re-rolls for each toon's inaugural run.

Or if you are going to be doing any TR's run them on Heroic Hard for that first run.   

Thanks Mr. turdbine. Spend more shards is your quality advice.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 2:01am
Print Post  
What do you mean by Mr. Turbine? because I'm sensing some animosity...!?

Oh god! wait a minute... do you buy your shards? seriously? with like... money and TPs?

What the hell is wrong with you man?

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #15 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:37am
Print Post  
The honeymoon is already over.

They moved a decimal in front of the drop rate % chance.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:59am
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:37am:
The honeymoon is already over.

They moved a decimal in front of the drop rate % chance.

Yes. It lasted two days. Raid is back to dropping 0 items per run, just like MoD, Deathwyrm and Thunder Peaks.

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #17 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Yesterday it was fine, 2-3 per run. Granted, you needed 2-3 tries per run because mabar lag is unbeatable and timing concerns make jibbers less useful in this one (even if you all get back up, if all archons/reinforcements get too high it's too late)

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 9:10am
Print Post  
I'm not a fan of non-raid named items being BTAoA.  I think named loot from the flagging quests should be BTCoE or BTAoE.

Now, I'm cool with Raid loot being BTCoA, unless it is crafting related.  Then it should be BTAoA. Like Phlogs for instance.  That would be awesome if they were BTA.   

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 9:10am:
I'm not a fan of non-raid named items being BTAoA.  I think named loot from the flagging quests should be BTCoE or BTAoE.

Now, I'm cool with Raid loot being BTCoA, unless it is crafting related.  Then it should be BTAoA. Like Phlogs for instance.  That would be awesome if they were BTA.   

Someone mentioned that making raid crafting stuff BTA it would kill said raid. The reason (according to that person) was that people who have duped 10000 phlogi would simply swap those on another toon and make a tier 3 TF without even actually running the raid.

We could argue that it actually makes sense but it's a fact that nobody runs TH raids anyway. I think it's because of both the drop chance of named items and the number of phlogistones dropped per run.

All the endgame quests are almost specifically designed to require a tier 3 TF and running 30 fucking raids (assuming every run drops a phlogi) to make a weapon that will probably turn useless on next life is a titanic pain in the butt. Plain fucking retarded IMO (I hope epic shroud will not feature any dumb craft such as TF) as it only kills raids. No wonder people duped the shit out of everything.....

Now, can anyone explain to me what is the reason to even bother coding new items if they have a drop rate that is next to 0%?

They could implement a mechanic to improve drop rates if specific actions/achievements are met in the quest. No, easier to let people repeat the quest 100 fucking times. DUMB

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 9:32am:
Someone mentioned that making raid crafting stuff BTA it would kill said raid. The reason (according to that person) was that people who have duped 10000 phlogi would simply swap those on another toon and make a tier 3 TF without even actually running the raid.

We could argue that it actually makes sense but it's a fact that nobody runs TH raids anyway. I think it's because of both the drop chance of named items and the number of phlogistones dropped per run.

All the endgame quests are almost specifically designed to require a tier 3 TF and running 30 fucking raids (assuming every run drops a phlogi) to make a weapon that will probably turn useless on next life is a titanic pain in the butt. Plain fucking retarded IMO (I hope epic shroud will not feature any dumb craft such as TF) as it only kills raids. No wonder people duped the shit out of everything.....

Now, can anyone explain to me what is the reason to even bother coding new items if they have a drop rate that is next to 0%?

They could implement a mechanic to improve drop rates if specific actions/achievements are met in the quest. No, easier to let people repeat the quest 100 fucking times. DUMB

Assuming there is a duping bug, then yes, going BTC combats that somewhat.  Assuming no duping, then BTA is better for game play.  Duping killed TF raids more than any mechanic they had.  I do agree the drop rates are crap.  Considering people might want 2 weapons, that is 60 phlogs per character.  Your end gamers normally have more than one character.    

But you have to balance that with the presence of raid timers.  Raid timers mean people can run the raid  as many times as they want.  It doesn't take 60 days to get 20 runs in anymore.  Most people stop at ransack, but some just plow through ransacked runs to get to 20.  If the drop rate is shit, why not?  You already have people with 20 completions of Defiler.

It is a tough balance.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 9:52am:
Duping killed TF raids more than any mechanic they had.

I didn't even run the mirror follies when duping was active. I sure as shit won't run it now. Shitty raid is shitty.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #22 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Correct. Add that ransack is the last of your problems since you'll never get a named item (at least not the one you want) anyway and random loot usually sucks ass unless it's that super ultra rare combination that makes you think "mkay...may have a use for this". Turbine has lowered drop rates so much that rushing to 20th completion has become normal routine.

Can't even trade named in chests (I don't remember last time I saw 2 named in one chest) anymore.....
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:52am by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #23 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:27am:
I didn't even run the mirror follies when duping was active. I sure as shit won't run it now. Shitty raid is shitty.

I don't mind the deathwyrm raid.  I like the double dragon raid.  Both are better than CITW.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 9:52am:
20 completions of Defiler.

40+ for some people that ran through it on normal. If there is a duping bug then there is a working passing bug.

TF mat drop rates are garbage. If youre doing normal you will not get 30 phlogs off 20 runs. 8 lootings before ransack might get you 4 phlogs if youre lucky. Two weeks and 20th reward might get you 20 phlogs. Probably wont get you enough Ingots either. That raid's drop rates are what killed it.

Can I play it on hard or elite? Sure. But... My server fails normal raid runs of MoD, and DoJ. People die in hard ToDW/Fire Peak. Getting people together to do elite requires a lot of effort to get enough capable people in the same place at once.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint