Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Severlin now excutive producer in name only (Read 8115 times)
Tranquil
Ex Member

Severlin now excutive producer in name only
Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Just a update for interested parties.

As of the end of July Severlin has retreated to his office and is rarely seen leaving it, he is surviving solely on the snacks, coffee, and gossip his assistant brings him.

At this point he is waiting for WB and Tubine to decide on next talking head to get his title. In the meantime he has unilaterally handed over all daily operations to Varg, and is spending his time lobbying for a WB secondment.

While several of us here had been tipped and knew he was on his way out, it was still fortunate to get the current status Confirmed over drinks (many) by one of the very few Turbinites attending Gencon last weekend. Please forgive the gossipy tone, while it's not my style normally, I did promise that if I did share the confirmation I would to pass it on with the descriptive color intact.

Suffice it to say that Severlin did not endear himself to the mid level staff during his tenure.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:32am by »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Severlin now excutive producer in name only
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Witnesses claim he was seen retreating to his office after raping the last bit of life out of ddo.  They also claim he had an odd look of a mixture of satisfaction and shame on his face.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Tranquil
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:09am
Print Post  
You make the offices in Boston sound like a prison film Skoodge.  Canned Geek, maybe?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:15am
Print Post  
Do you have any idea why he was sent to solitary confinement?

IP Logged

Tranquil
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:49am
Print Post  
He lost the confidence of Turbines management and WB partners due to in part the title's performance in the 2nd quarter and his exceptionally poor community and personnel relations ratings that came to light in the company wide house cleaning 360 Degree sessions that came with IC's collapse.

As for the solitary confinement, that's entirely by his own choice, and to be honest it's not a great look for someone trying to move on in corporate culture.

I mean everyone needs to regroup after a set-back, dig-in, tend to bruised egos, but this level of sulking on any executive's part is very short sighted.

It's my understanding that Turbine is trying to maintain a united front and give the appearance of moving on from a truly disastrous 18 month period. It's clear that Severlin is taking full advantage of that, and has been doing so for weeks.

In like a lion, out like a lamb.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 6:39am
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:49am:
He lost the confidence of Turbines management and WB partners due to in part the title's performance in the 2nd quarter and his exceptionally poor community and personnel relations ratings that came to light in the company wide house cleaning 360 Degree sessions that came with IC's collapse.

As for the solitary confinement, that's entirely by his own choice, and to be honest it's not a great look for someone trying to move on in corporate culture.

I mean everyone needs to regroup after a set-back, dig-in, tend to bruised egos, but this level of sulking on any executive's part is very short sighted.

It's my understanding that Turbine is trying to maintain a united front and give the appearance of moving on from a truly disastrous 18 month period. It's clear that Severlin is taking full advantage of that, and has been doing so for weeks.

In like a lion, out like a lamb.    

Thanks for the info.

If the anecdotal reports from inside are to be believed, hubris was his downfall.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 7:21am
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:24am:
While several of us here had been tipped and knew he was on his way out, it was still fortunate to get the current status Confirmed over drinks (many) by one of the very few Turbinites attending Gencon last weekend.

SeverancePay's status has been pretty clear for a while.

The real news is that there were more DDO players than myself at GENCON.  I looked for you guys in Severin's but the shuffleboard table was vacant, and my warm before-bed milk was getting cool.

Next year bring a neon sign.  Or bacon.  Last year there was bacon.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Thanks for the update, Tranquil, it's much appreciated.

You spoke of "Turbine management", what's the current chain of command, and how active/micromanaging in DDO are those above SeverancePay? In the last update there were a few crumbs of sanity (dropping BB, making flawless personal, addind a search for options) and it makes me wonder how much SeverancePay's terrible decisions may have been thrust upon him, and how much of his arrogance might be bluster trying to downplay what he can't control. Not that even the most generous answer here would lessen my joy at seeing him out the door, but I'm wondering how much good his permanent (snort) successor might be free to bring about, should we be lucky enough to get a competent one.

Also, SeverancePay is taking some heat, are those above him sharing it, or have they managed to keep their teflon shells deflecting shit downhill?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:28am
Print Post  
It must be bad, he showed up in the DDO IRC chat this week.  I haven't seen him in there for over a year.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:35am
Print Post  
That's a bummer.  This game doesn't need turmoil and failures. 

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:45am:
Witnesses claim he was seen retreating to his office after raping the last bit of life out of ddo. 

I think raping ddo any time after 2013 counts as necrophilia.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:15am:
Do you have any idea why he was sent to solitary confinement?

it looked bad that he was playing NWO in the office in front of everyone.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #12 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:27pm:

I think Perfect World Entertainment would actually pay Turbine to keep Severance as producer  for ddo or, at very least, away from NWO.

Pretend you're developing a game and someone such as Sev played it. Would you like it publicized? No?

That's what I tought  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:36pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:50pm
Print Post  

Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:28am:
It must be bad, he showed up in the DDO IRC chat this week.  I haven't seen him in there for over a year.

He appeared yesterday, along with Vargouille...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
As sad as it may sound I think NWO is in worse shape than DDO is now.  Especially, factoring in how long it has been out.  I don't think even the Paiz's could make it worse.  Yes that is a challenge for them, please go try.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:40pm
Print Post  

was he really? youre kidding, right? tell me youre joking? If that's true then I....   Like, what? The game is circling the drain and he's in the office playing Neverwinter?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #17 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Mastertool wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 2:25pm:
As sad as it may sound I think NWO is in worse shape than DDO is now.  Especially, factoring in how long it has been out.  I don't think even the Paiz's could make it worse.  Yes that is a challenge for them, please go try.

Wow, that didn't take long. I guess they made it longer than Infinite Crisis, but that's a pretty low bar. So what's the metric (logins, hours played, revenue?) and your source/reference on that?

And don't underestimate the power of a Piaz, I'm not sure about K, but F could get Mad Max to quit driving over how badly he managed his gas station  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #18 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:42pm:
Wow, that didn't take long. I guess they made it longer than Infinite Crisis

My toilet got clogged a month ago, so I can honestly say I've crapped things out that made it longer than Infinite Crisis.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #19 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:42pm:
don't underestimate the power of a Piaz, I'm not sure about K, but F could get Mad Max to quit driving over how badly he managed his gas station 

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #20 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
gumba wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:24am:
As of the end of July Severlin has retreated to his office and is rarely seen leaving it, he is surviving solely on the snacks, coffee, and gossip his assistant brings him.

Turbine pays someone to get this fuckwad snacks?

- Zorro

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
How's the old saying go? "Its always darkest before the dawn"?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 6:15pm:
How's the old saying go? "Its always darkest before the dawn"?

"It's always darkest before the dawn,
so wake up and smell the grunter
Turdbine left greasing the porcelain."

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #23 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  

He actually thought he had been playing DDO the whole time and nobody had the balls to tell him.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2015 at 12:48am by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #24 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 10:09am
Print Post  
"But there are no ladders! How can they be bugged?!" Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint