Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics? (Read 68415 times)
Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics?
Reply #100 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:52am
Print Post  
sorry, non native speaker here

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #101 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 7:42am:
who has biggest pennis in the end?

Gringo wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:52am:
sorry, non native speaker here

No worries!

"the end" can be a euphemism for a person's rectum.

If you substitute, it becomes "Who has the biggest penis in the (or their) rectum", which would be all of us for tolerating Turbine's shameless mistreatment of DDO.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #102 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 10:25am
Print Post  
I have the biggest penis. It is on my forehead.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 10:34am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 10:19am:
No worries!

If you substitute, it becomes "Who has the biggest penis in the (or their) rectum", which would be all of us for tolerating Turbine's shameless mistreatment of DDO.

oh, damn:) thanks for linguistic lesson:) it will make my presence here quite easier:)

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 11:25am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:25pm:
Where's your EE solo attempts?

Grin Stupid asshat is boneheaded enough to ask this only minutes after finally posting a photoshoped screenie after stalling for days.  What a hypocritical little weenie, just the kind of tone deaf post that shows why he get's lots of vault aggro but does so little Vault DPS  Grin Grin

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #105 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 11:25am:
Grin Stupid asshat is boneheaded enough to ask this only minutes after finally posting a photoshoped screenie after stalling for days.  What a hypocritical little weenie, just the kind of tone deaf post that shows why he get's lots of vault aggro but does so little Vault DPS  Grin Grin

Right, you dont have one because you're a joke.

And by stalling, you mean I was at work all day yesterday. Do you have a job?
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2015 at 12:18pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
No worries!

^^
Awesome!

On topic, most repeater builds I've seen around are either Pali based or pure. There are some 18/2 running around but they seem to be the minority.

To me it looks like pally vs pure is increased survivability vs increased dps. The mechanic cores and much greater SA dice (and their scaling) pure mechanics have produce very high dps. Add ld to the equation and the two styles pull away further from each other on the dps.

I've seen the FoT record done on a pure mech, I doubt a Pali mech can get close to that. Guildies that tried both versions came to the same conclusion.

P.s.
Gonna be rolling a pure one myself.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #107 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 2:35pm
Print Post  

you just changed the way I hear this song forever.  thanks.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 2:34pm:
I've seen the FoT record done on a pure mech, I doubt a Pali mech can get close to that.

depends who is playing it. I mean, it's Goldy's record @15mins. Sestra has pally monkcher at 17mins. Im sure those guys could do it on pally mechs and not be too many minutes off that time.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #109 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 1:16am:
I looked at Yeela's and Goldy's runs again. This time watching for knockdown saves. I dont know how knockdown even works but I was suspicious after today's runs. Yeela saved with a +14(9 from dex mod. The other 5 comes in from GH+haste I assume). My dex is +8, GH 4, good luck 2, no haste = 14. Goldy saved on balance roll of +35(my balance is 47). They never got knocked down once. Fuck if I know why, but 8 total knockdowns cant all be 1's.

First I noticed that I had been getting knocked down by Mason's(FoT silent giant) boulder toss past few weeks. On my pally. With a 60 str in EH runs. Often. I wrote it off to just random 1's. A lot of 1's, anyway.

After today's attempts I think knockdown dc is broken. In Ranks, where I had died 1st try to knockdowns from boulder tosses and giant stomps(around 6 knockdowns). And my second run also resulted in 2 knockdowns. Mitigated boulder toss line of sight better second time, using the gong and positioning as concealment and kiting giants through BB more(instead of staying in and trying to Sonic Blast and Energy Burst).

People on MoBos have reported that trip dc is broken for mobs and I think trip is linked with knockdown. I checked wiki but all I got was :

Another thing I noticed is my run has the most mob spawns I have seen between Yeela, Goldy, Zoda, Sith, Neko and your's. I thought it might be scaling based on class icon, but that wouldnt make sense because Sith and Yeela both had Fvs icons.

I don't know, I have Deflect Arrows and trained the Tempest T1 ability for every 2 seconds which makes those rocks whif every time. It's awesome. I also have like 75 Balance and a 77 Reflex, so those weren't a big deal. Bigger deal was getting stunned by the Orc Red Named, that's why I killed him. Even with a 64 Fort he was dangerous if I stopped moving for a second or two or slowed down to scroll.

I don't know how the Shiradi builds seemed to get away unscathed. Either very lucky, or some other "feature". No denying their DPS is higher, but hey, if you want to sit around resetting the quest and waiting 5 Minutes until you get Joy of the queen at Orc wave for a speed run, I pity you anyway.

Overall, 27 Dodge, 125 AC, 10% Ghostly, 25-50% concealment (only 4 Clicks of Displace on this guy) and Deflect Arrows was enough that I only Cocooned maybe 5 times the whole fight. I did twist Fast Healing and activated ePL Fast Healing with a 15 second lag between them wich meant I never had to wait too long to get healed to full without doing anything. A few times I got an unlucky Tendon Slice, a failed save on a Dragon spell, and a hit or two all at once that caused an oh shit moment, but then I just popped Uncanny and LD 25% Damage reduction and went about my business.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #110 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 4:24pm:
depends who is playing it. I mean, it's Goldy's record @15mins. Sestra has pally monkcher at 17mins. Im sure those guys could do it on pally mechs and not be too many minutes off that time.

Can someone explain the pros/cons plox.

(I'm currently leveling a pally mech btw.. but I don't really know how the pure rogue would compare other than more sneak dice.)

Is it damage versus survivability?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #111 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
^^
Awesome!

On topic, most repeater builds I've seen around are either Pali based or pure. There are some 18/2 running around but they seem to be the minority.

To me it looks like pally vs pure is increased survivability vs increased dps. The mechanic cores and much greater SA dice (and their scaling) pure mechanics have produce very high dps. Add ld to the equation and the two styles pull away further from each other on the dps.

I've seen the FoT record done on a pure mech, I doubt a Pali mech can get close to that. Guildies that tried both versions came to the same conclusion.

P.s.

Pally Mechs get +1 Crit Multi but also +1 Crit Threat. Pure mechs only get +1 Multi on repeaters, and +2 Multi on Great Xbows. For solo'ing where you get a lot less SA damage, the SA dice bonuses aren't as material.

The Paladin is FAR MORE durable than the 18 Mechanic, and frankly probably a much better solo character, if just slightly slower on the raw DPS.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 8:47pm:
75 Balance and a 77 Reflex,

It doesnt do reflex save, only dex mod. But youre dex based, so no problems there anyway.

I don't know how the Shiradi builds seemed to get away unscathed. Either very lucky

Those runs were few updates ago. Im almost certain trip and knockdown are bugged for mobs currently.

a failed save on a Dragon spell,

Even with a 64 Fort he was dangerous

Yes, the dcs in there are high. You can fail rolling low 70s for both of those.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 8:50pm:
Is it damage versus survivability?

Mostly. Lay on Hands, 2 Cure Spells and higher will and fort saves(reflex should be about the same). Bit more hp, spell points, and Heavy Armor(for when you want to swap).

For the rogue, it gets you 4 rogue feats : improved evasion, slippery mind, opportunist, and defensive roll.  Hip Flask, a billion sneak attack dice, improved uncanny dodge.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #114 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 1:48am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:17pm:
Mostly. Lay on Hands, 2 Cure Spells and higher will and fort saves(reflex should be about the same). Bit more hp, spell points, and Heavy Armor(for when you want to swap).

For the rogue, it gets you 4 rogue feats : improved evasion, slippery mind, opportunist, and defensive roll.  Hip Flask, a billion sneak attack dice, improved uncanny dodge.

Nice. Btw, I was using crap loot gen repeaters leveling. It was working well. Then I ran the new Amrath quests and pulled the Xbow. It upped my damage by 50+%. The only thing outkilling me now are Warlocks and that's situational. (not that I care about kill count......)

So, that brings me to my question: Repeater or GXB for Pali Mechs. Why?

Are there specific ones I should be after? I have like a "Slaver's Hand" and a "Needle" and I assume TF eventually. Although, I'm wondering how the epic version of that new one stacks up.

Also, is it worth running a few shrouds to make a lit 2 or something?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #115 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Also does the Harper Int to dmg stack with Mech int to dmg?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 1:52am:
Also does the Harper Int to dmg stack with Mech int to dmg?

no

Meat-Head wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 1:48am:
Repeater or GXB for Pali Mechs. Why?

I dont know the math. looking at videos like the fot solo he's using repeater.

Meat-Head wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 1:48am:
shrouds to make a lit 2 or something?

no. if youre in need of heroic weapon, farm out the toee one or the new one  from amrath.

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2015 at 2:22am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #117 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 2:33am
Print Post  
^^
Awesome!

P.s.

Try a pure Blade forged, well worth the cost of a +1 LR to bridge the gap you have spotted while still maintaining top end DPS. The loss of the human damage boost is the only drawback, by 25th I didn't notice anymore. My top time runner is a BF pure with proper gear and PLs.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #118 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:12am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:01pm:
The Paladin is FAR MORE durable than the 18 Mechanic, and frankly probably a much better solo character, if just slightly slower on the raw DPS.

Just as an aside/addition to this, IIRC they have called out Holy Sword as OP but not spoken of rebalancing Rog again. (Caveat: I don't read the main forums.) So a non-Pal build might be a better long term bet for the lazy/casual reader without money to burn on possible future hearts.

It's why I haven't changed to 14Pal to a number of melee/mule alts.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:18am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:12am:
Caveat

your mom's a caveat!

Ok, I'll see my self out now.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:18am:
your mom's a caveat!

God damnit... you made me spit my 'Full Throttle' Sad

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:53am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:01pm:
Pally Mechs get +1 Crit Multi but also +1 Crit Threat. Pure mechs only get +1 Multi on repeaters, and +2 Multi on Great Xbows. For solo'ing where you get a lot less SA damage, the SA dice bonuses aren't as material.

I havn't played them yet so all I "know" is theory and what I can deduct from several videos I've seen of Gold's pure mech. That being said his sneak attack damage seems to go off nearly all the time. Stands to reason when you take into acount assassin's trick, bluff and deception items coupled with rapid fire. Pretty easy to see it, it's about 300 SA damage per bolt when blitzed and is rarely abscent of the scrolling damage lines.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 1:16am:
I looked at Yeela's and Goldy's runs again. This time watching for knockdown saves. I dont know how knockdown even works but I was suspicious after today's runs. Yeela saved with a +14(9 from dex mod. The other 5 comes in from GH+haste I assume). My dex is +8, GH 4, good luck 2, no haste = 14. Goldy saved on balance roll of +35(my balance is 47). They never got knocked down once. Fuck if I know why, but 8 total knockdowns cant all be 1's.

I watched those as well, I doubt there is a feature involved since you can see them both trying to avoid the thrown bolders and focus fire on the giant boss to take him down fast.

The balance check is made in order to get up. In order to not get knocked down you need to make a str/dex check against the same dc (which most toons will fail).

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #123 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:18am:
your mom's a caveat!

You'll have to, Mum's on the bed texting me saying her legs "donut work good".

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #124 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 9:53am
Print Post  
You can get a very decent amount of sneak uptime on a ranged char just with a single Imp Dec item/weapon, I've found.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Send TopicPrint