Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics? (Read 68578 times)
Pants Shitter
Korthos Resident

I Love Llamas!

Re: Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics?
Reply #150 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
I haven't messed with them much other than multiclassing but a guildy of mine rolled a first life mech and had a TF gxbow with a BDR of 130something.

I was blitzing manyshot on a pinion and he was peeling agro right off me. So yeah they're pretty good.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #151 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 1:54pm:
"justify your dickishness"?! This is The Vault, how much more justification do I need?

Honestly, I thought I was mostly staying out of it. OK, I did think the Epoch and Remi 1-2 was a clever and funny slam, and I said so, but I've also laughed at slams against me, it wasn't personal against you, which I've generally avoided.

But hey, as long as I'm being dickish, I might as well take advantage of it, right? Like the old saying, as well to be hung as sheep as hung as lambs?

So how about this - since my approving of a witty barb of which you were the target irks you so much, how about if I spend some time as cheerleader for the Anti-VagMaster crowd? Would that really stick in your craw? Because what are you going to do, go after me whenever somebody zings you? Unable to hold your own against those attacking you directly, you lash out at those who laughed at their wit? Oh, wait, like you just did  Roll Eyes

I don't see that working out so well for you, honestly. Maybe you should go show off your uber builds in The Lobster PvPing some level 4 warlocks, I bet there you'd do really well on both DPS and agro, so you wouldn't have to try to figure out the difference  Roll Eyes

So you missed the part where I caved to Rubbins demands posted an EE Breaking the Ranks solo with a slightly worse time than his warlock?

And you are still not posting one because....?

chickenshit wanker

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #152 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 4:51pm:
So you missed the part where I caved to Rubbins demands

Hey, good for you, did he at least buy you a nice dinner?

So which of my posted builds would you like me to prove how great it is? Just link to it, and I'll gladly show you how well it does in EE.

See, unlike some people, I'm generally not posting how uber my builds are, how I dominate the kill count, how other people can't play my builds, or what a great player I am. I'd generally rather just keep my eyes and ears open, and my mouth shut. But you, snowflake, just kinda rubbed me the wrong way on this one, so while I'm not rushing to post any uber builds, I'm having a little fun showing how dickish I can be.

Oh, and back to the subject of you caving to Rubbins, has he called you since?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #153 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 6:27pm:

So which of my posted builds would you like me to prove how great it is? Just link to it, and I'll gladly show you how well it does in EE.

See, unlike some people, I'm generally not posting how uber my builds are, how I dominate the kill count, how other people can't play my builds, or what a great player I am. I'd generally rather just keep my eyes and ears open, and my mouth shut. But you, snowflake, just kinda rubbed me the wrong way on this one, so while I'm not rushing to post any uber builds, I'm having a little fun showing how dickish I can be.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #154 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 6:27pm:

Come on, Sandy is not worth the calories spent to humiliate him. It's like when a kid with obvious issues tries to mock you just so he can get a spank and feel a little of attention.

Rubbins has already fucked him bloody.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #155 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:42pm:
Come on, Sandy is not worth the calories spent to humiliate him. It's like when a kid with obvious issues tries to mock you just so he can get a spank and feel a little of attention.

Rubbins has already fucked him bloody.

Aw, hell, you're right, now I just feel like a big meanie  Embarrassed

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #156 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:02am:
I liked the part about the wraith.

One of my personal favorites.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #157 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:11pm:
I feel like there should be a story behind this.

There is!

Fuck if I can remember it though.

Let us all just pretend that I wrote it specifically to put in my story of replies to Vagadick.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #158 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:45pm:
Epoch.  thanks for making this an awesome thread.

Smiley

You sir, are welcome.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #159 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:25pm:
Aw, hell, you're right, now I just feel like a big meanie  Embarrassed

Which should make you feel proud.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #160 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:51am:

Pittsburgh Black?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #161 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:36am
Print Post  
I have a stupid question:

Is there some source of guud dmg ammo for repeaters other than loot gen/AH? I mean for rogue/pally who can't imbue crap.

I'm using conjured +1 bolts cause I have 1 lvl of arti. But, I would not be surprised if I missed something obvious. Also, I know about House D +3s or whatever. But, I mean better than that.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #162 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:36am:

Is there some source of guud dmg ammo for repeaters other than loot gen/AH? I mean for rogue/pally who can't imbue crap.

I'm using conjured +1 bolts cause I have 1 lvl of arti. But, I would not be surprised if I missed something obvious. Also, I know about House D +3s or whatever. But, I mean better than that.

Cannith craft bane/greater bane bolts, or holy bolts. They all became sustainable once the "fletching" ability came out.

You wanted something non-AH, but I would also point out slaying arrows are tremendous buy with fletching and stacks of 100.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:59am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 2:06am
Print Post  
guud dmg ammo for repeaters other than loot gen/AH? I mean for rogue/pally who can't imbue crap.

You could twist lawful and good on your weapons from DC tier 3. Or the one in US, but it's tier 4 and only good.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #164 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 7:13am
Print Post  

It's not "better" but maybe more flexible than what you are using - you can UMD the Conjure Bolts scroll with a DC of 30 for all of 3 plat each. For slightly better damage you can UMD Flame Arrow for 40 plat with a 28 DC. And wands of Flame Arrow are at the House J and House P vendors. Flame Arrow now makes stacks of 500, BTW, so they don't suck as badly as they used to.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #165 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 11:34am
Print Post  

you don't have any toons with crafting levels at all?  b/c you can whip up BTA arrows and bolts of all flavors without many crafting levels.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #166 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Aug 10th, 2015 at 11:34am:
you don't have any toons with crafting levels at all?  b/c you can whip up BTA arrows and bolts of all flavors without many crafting levels.

Sad

I think my highest guy has like a 10 or something. I never got into it. I'm sure I have a metric ton of larges. I could spend some time on it, I guess. Does crude vials still work? PM on how to level quickly plox?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #167 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 10th, 2015 at 7:13am:
It's not "better" but maybe more flexible than what you are using - you can UMD the Conjure Bolts scroll with a DC of 30 for all of 3 plat each. For slightly better damage you can UMD Flame Arrow for 40 plat with a 28 DC. And wands of Flame Arrow are at the House J and House P vendors. Flame Arrow now makes stacks of 500, BTW, so they don't suck as badly as they used to.

Nice suggestions. Thanks.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #168 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Crude Vials were fixed.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #169 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 3:54am
Print Post  

I usually carry a 100 stack of Flame Arrow scrolls for DPS. That's 50,000 bolts before fletching comes into play.

If you're talking about bypassing DR/Good, then you can buy Flametouched Iron Bolts at the vendor inside Chronoscope.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #170 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 3:56am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 9:01pm:
Pally Mechs get +1 Crit Multi but also +1 Crit Threat. Pure mechs only get +1 Multi on repeaters, and +2 Multi on Great Xbows. For solo'ing where you get a lot less SA damage, the SA dice bonuses aren't as material.

The Paladin is FAR MORE durable than the 18 Mechanic, and frankly probably a much better solo character, if just slightly slower on the raw DPS.

Holy Sword GXbow is 13-20x3
Mechanical Reloader GXbow is 15-20x4

15-20x4>13-20x3

(Repeaters aren't even worth considering because they miss out on the 20 extra sneak attack dice.)
(Silver Slinger and maybe some other named ones are still situationally useful for DR breaking though.)
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:57am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #171 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:30am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 3:56am:
(Repeaters aren't even worth considering because they miss out on the 20 extra sneak attack dice.)

20? Is that a typo?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #172 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:53am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:30am:
20? Is that a typo?

No.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #173 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 8:11am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 3:56am:

why is the fot solo record using repeaters? or is that the great xbow firing speed

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #174 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Oooh... I'm interested in where the 20 extra sneak attack dice come from... please share.  All I can find are the +2 dice over repeaters from Sniper.  Please share so I can be slightly less noobish.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Send TopicPrint