Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics? (Read 68394 times)
Yobai
Epic Poster

Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics?
Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
I've missed the boat on mechanics.  probably b/c there aren't any threads here about them and we're so focused on important things like sockmaster's virtpupps.  but then I always cum last at the circle jerk anyway.   Undecided

what's the deal with mechanics?  all the references on the dumbo about how mechs are MOST AWESOME RANGED DPS IN GAME???

should I dust off my mech?  is it a new feature?  or just hot air?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics?
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
lvl 18 Mechanic Core, and T5 Mechanic bonuses for Great Xbows.

You've been warned

Zillion SA dice, scaling with Ranged Power, Crit Multi increase, expanded Vorpal range, sped up firing animation

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:26pm:
lvl 18 Mechanic Core, and T5 Mechanic bonuses for Great Xbows.

You've been warned

Zillion SA dice, scaling with Ranged Power, Crit Multi increase, expanded Vorpal range, sped up firing animation

yeah yeah.  I keep reading gxbow this and gxbow that in the dumbos. 

anyone playing one of these though?  is it really significantly better than other ranged or just FOTM incrementally better?

it can't be too great if Cletus isn't whining for nerfs.  Grin

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:23pm:
I've missed the boat on mechanics.  probably b/c there aren't any threads here about them and we're so focused on important things like sockmaster's virtpupps.  but then I always cum last at the circle jerk anyway.   Undecided

what's the deal with mechanics?  all the references on the dumbo about how mechs are MOST AWESOME RANGED DPS IN GAME???

should I dust off my mech?  is it a new feature?  or just hot air?

I recall Dalsheel posted a pic of his pure xbow rogue soloing EE breaking the ranks in under 10 minutes. Pretty much every class that had a revamp turned into a uber death machine

Ahh the good old days when bards actually (tried to) buffed instead of charging forward out dpssing a pure fighter

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:44pm:
I recall Dalsheel posted a pic of his pure xbow rogue soloing EE breaking the ranks in under 10 minutes

Yes.

I like the 14 pally versions.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:03pm:
Yes.

I like the 14 pally versions.

14 paladin mechanic?  I would like to know more pls.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:40pm:
yeah yeah.  I keep reading gxbow this and gxbow that in the dumbos. 

anyone playing one of these though?  is it really significantly better than other ranged or just FOTM incrementally better?

I’d go with “Incrementally better”.  It definitely makes a mechanic into a fun character.

I personally prefer a 2 Artificer splash with repeaters and dreadnaught.  I messed around with some level 24 challenge great x-bows, and it was okay.  A better named great crossbow and a different destiny might make me change my mind.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:43pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Ran the New content on ee with a good group and a pure mech grt xbow who completely owned the kill count - to the extent that there were tells flying about asking who the fuck is this guy?
It was impressive

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Because they are friggin good.  They make my star chucker look pedestrian.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
14 paladin mechanic?  I would like to know more pls.

also this https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/460624-Bringing-a-Gun-to-a-Knife-Fight...

and if you need rogue PL https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458908-Mech-Repeater-Builds
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:13pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
merciless wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:44pm:
Ran the New content on ee with a good group and a pure mech grt xbow who completely owned the kill count - to the extent that there were tells flying about asking who the fuck is this guy?
It was impressive

This. I have seen first life players that I never heard of before playing mechs. And they can contribute very much. Trying to get guildies with alts to roll one because I like piking.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #12 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
One other thing:  You know those stacks and stacks of bolts that you pull from chests?  Mechanic actually makes them useful.  (Edit: OK, Fletching makes them useful.)
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:20pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:59pm:
Because they are friggin good.  They make my star chucker look pedestrian.

I still outkill any xbow user on Cannith on my thrower.
The only time i was once outkilled by a xbow user, the guy was capped and i wasn't.

But it's Cannith, either people don't know how to play them or i have yet to come across one so exaggeratedly OP everyone is talking about.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:43pm:
I still outkill any xbow user on Cannith on my thrower.
The only time i was once outkilled by a xbow user, the guy was capped and i wasn't.

But it's Cannith, either people don't know how to play them or i have yet to come across one so exaggeratedly OP everyone is talking about.

I also still outkill pretty much everyone with 11rog/6Ranger/3Monk thrower at end, most of the time without even trying.

this is on khyber.

Goes to show that once you have very optimized builds and equipment, player skill/twitch/positioning takes over.

I've never been outkilled by a Pure Pally, except by my guildy who eked out a couple beats on kills recently, because he is just an excellent player.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:55pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Aww, you guys and your kill counts. sooo cute.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:53pm:
I also still outkill pretty much everyone with 11rog/6Ranger/3Monk thrower at end, most of the time without even trying.

this is on khyber.

Goes to show that once you have very optimized builds and equipment, player skill/twitch/positioning takes over.

I've never been outkilled by a Pure Pally, except by my guildy who eked out a couple beats on kills recently, because he is just an excellent player.

We know, we know, jeez....

Although, I don't play the heavy Rogue version of a chucker.  Perhaps I should try that...
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:04pm by DoRayEgon »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #17 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:56pm:
Aww, you guys and your kill counts. sooo cute.

your insecurity is showing

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:02pm:
We know, we know, jeez....

Although, I don't play the heavy Rogue version of a chucker.  Perhaps I should try that...

the SA damage scaling was an enormous change for throwers. Frankly, I am shocked no one else has posted 13 or 11 Rogue thrower builds yet until I finally posted one last week.

Shows that either:
People dont play throwers
or
People don't understand throwers

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #19 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:07pm:
your insecurity is showing

Actually the guy bragging about kill count on an internet board is the one with his insecurity dangling in the wind.

Nothing reeks of "look at me" desperation more.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:08pm:
the SA damage scaling was an enormous change for throwers. Frankly, I am shocked no one else has posted 13 or 11 Rogue thrower builds yet until I finally posted one last week.

Shows that either:
or

Throwers are awesome now days.  I think the problem is that the number of OP builds has gotten so large that people can't focus on one.  Throwers, X-bow mechanics, pallys, warlocks, bards, Barbs.  FFS.  All of these builds pwn the shit of stuff for good players.  And it's  not like some of the older "top builds" suck.  Stuff like Druids and Monkchers and shiradi casters are all still very capable of owning EE content.   It's not like the old days where you had 1 or 2 FoTM builds that were head and shoulders above the rest.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:08pm:

Shows that either:
or

Okay. I'm going to settle this for you guys. But, first, here's a story. About a guy named Dave from Oregon.

Dave liked to lie so that he could feel better about himself and have people think he is 2l33t4u. Cute, but a psycho. A pathological liar who craved attention and would do and say the most outlandish shit, because he is highly socially inept. Now, Dave would say things like how no one has out killed him in 5 years. This wasnt true because, well, logic. But I carried his druid through WGU, I carried his wizard through Breaking The Ranks(didnt even let his bitchass shrine, cos Im a baws-humblebrag-).

Dave left my guild to join another guild and his reasons were to raid more with guildies(apparently his new guildies also arent fans of his fiction). Not that I blame them, because telling your guildies that their warlock build isnt end game ee focused wont endear you to anyone. Especially not when those warlocks are running around fingering left and right like it's a pussy popping contest.

Now, me and guidlies were at the time farming ToEE chests in pt2. So dave joined. After few runs he left and started his bullshit again with his new guildies. He even threw his old guildies(us) under the bus to make himself look better. Told them we only got 20-30 kills while he had 40-50. Which was mostly bullshit. And he dies. every fucking time. always. His new guildies were fed up and werent having it. So they proposed a test.

A run through toee pt2 first 2 doors to see how fast he could clear. Again, this is someone that states things like they have a 50k dps rotation. They gave him 3 attempts and recorded it.

he died every single fucking time just trying to clear the trash mobs. After blaming lag, he rage quit for the night, but only to return again in guild chat the next day and proceed to tell everyone he solo'd it. When they asked for proof he said that he couldnt post screenshots because he ddint know how (despite his claim of working for square enix). And that he didnt have to prove anything to anyone. Well, you kind of do have to. More so after running your mouth everywhere talking the talk.

His bullshit got toned down after the recording of him dying to trash every attempt went up.

What Im trying to say is go solo breaking the ranks. Post your times. good players are getting it done in 9 minutes or less. The record held by 2 shiradis is under 7 and a half minutes. You can even post your achievement on MoBos for all to see. Have fun.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:38pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #22 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:35pm:
Okay. I'm going to settle this for you guys. But, first, here's a story. About a guy named Dave from Oregon.

Dave liked to lie so that he could feel better about himself and have people think he is 2l33t4u. Cute, but a psycho. A pathological liar who craved attention and would do and say the most outlandish shit, because he is highly socially inept. Now, Dave would say things like how no one has out killed him in 5 years. This wasnt true because, well, logic. But I carried his druid through WGU, I carried his wizard through Breaking The Ranks(didnt even let his bitchass shrine, cos Im a baws-humblebrag-).

Dave left my guild to join another guild and his reasons were to raid more with guildies(apparently his new guildies also arent fans of his fiction). Not that I blame them, because telling your guildies that their warlock build isnt end game ee focused wont endear you to anyone. Especially not when those warlocks are running around fingering left and right like it's a pussy popping contest.

Now, me and guidlies were at the time farming ToEE chests in pt2. So dave joined. After few runs he left and started his bullshit again with his new guildies. He even threw his old guildies(us) under the bus to make himself look better. Told them we only got 20-30 kills while he had 40-50. Which was mostly bullshit. And he dies. every fucking time. always. His new guildies were fed up and werent having it. So they proposed a test.

A run through toee pt2 first 2 doors to see how fast he could clear. Again, this is someone that states things like they have a 50k dps rotation. They gave him 3 attempts and recorded it.

he died every single fucking time just trying to clear the trash mobs. After blaming lag, he rage quit for the night, but only to return again in guild chat the next day and proceed to tell everyone he solo'd it. When they asked for proof he said that he couldnt post screenshots because he ddint know how (despite his claim of working for square enix). And that he didnt have to prove anything to anyone. Well, you kind of do have to. More so after running your mouth everywhere talking the talk.

His bullshit got toned down after the recording of him dying to trash every attempt went up.

What Im trying to say is go solo breaking the ranks. Post your times. good players are getting it done in 9 minutes or less. The record held by 2 shiradis is under 7 and a half minutes. You can even post your achievement on MoBos for all to see. Have fun.

tldr;

except the last sentence.

I would LOVE to Twitch stream or record my games but I play on a 1 year old MacBook Pro, and in addition to the Mac client being shit, I can't seem to record without massive lag and jittering.

I have absolutely no doubt you would STFU

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #23 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:22pm:
Actually the guy bragging about kill count on an internet board is the one with his insecurity dangling in the wind.

Nothing reeks of "look at me" desperation more.

what I said was objectively true. You can ascribe whatever inaccurate psychoanalysis to that you want.

But the fact is, when I dont have highest kills in in a quest with my capped thrower, I am shocked, because it's basically never.

I have never argued that throwers have top range Boss DPS, though Rogue heavy splashes are far better than older builds with recent changes.

It is what it is.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:45pm:
I have absolutely no doubt you would STFU

Then screenshot it, you fucking faggot. Or, you can, you know, use the lelo excuse. the one where he plays on old pc but would love to. Then turns around and says he broke the records but wont post them because it was just for him.

I have no doubt you would kill yourself after trying.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 5:06pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Send TopicPrint