Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics? (Read 68435 times)
knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics?
Reply #225 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 3:38pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #226 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 12:37pm:
rapid reload doesn't work for heavy repeaters now?  fuuuuuuk.  I can't keep up with all the borken shit in this game.

Rapid Reload has always worked for both kinds of repeaters (see Mr. Cow's or Monkey Archer's comprehensive and conclusive testing) and still does to my knowledge. I have not seen ANY new testing that suggests it no longer applies to Heavy Repeaters.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #227 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 12:44pm:
Something I’m not seeing in this conversation:
Keeping blitz going (And more importantly, fully stacked.) with a great crossbow, even while soloing as a mechanic, is a pain in the ass.

That shouldn't be a problem now that blitz starts at 3 and GXBs fire faster than they used to. But if it is a problem, use IPS Smiley

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #228 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 11:06pm:
That shouldn't be a problem now that blitz starts at 3 and GXBs fire faster than they used to. But if it is a problem, use IPS Smiley

Unless they fixed the RoF in U27, it’s still a problem.  As of U26, in Servants of the Overlord, I was able to keep full blitz going with Needle while a L24 challenge great crossbow kept failing.

IP Logged

Vindicator
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #229 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Furyshot + greatxbow + ips + vorpal(19-20) = win.

I don't mess with blitz on my mech.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #230 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
I m still running w tf heavy repeater on my mechanic, to quickly build full blitz stack, then switch to great xbow - I fthe stack goes low I switch back to repeater and so on

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #231 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 12:44pm:
Something I’m not seeing in this conversation:
Keeping blitz going (And more importantly, fully stacked.) with a great crossbow, even while soloing as a mechanic, is a pain in the ass.

So what you are saying is: gxbow does too much dps for your EN run.

The only time you should have trouble keeping a blitz up on any build is if you are killing the mobs too quickly. (Then again, maybe you're doing it wrong.)

Everyone in LD should be carrying a low DPS swappable weapon for those instances where blitz stacks are low, mobs are sparse, and cooldown reset is a long way off.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2015 at 11:32pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #232 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:22am:
Is there any actually useful vorpal based effect besides the various bane damage vorpal effects, as well as a chance at insta-killing low hp targets which is not overly useful to begin with?

My rubies of endless night are overperforming.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #233 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 14th, 2015 at 11:31pm:
So what you are saying is: gxbow does too much dps for your EN run.

If I’m going to do an EN/EH run, I'm switching to Shadowdancer or Crusader.  What I’m saying is the GXB RoF wasn’t giving me a decent blitz in EE.

The only time you should have trouble keeping a blitz up on any build is if you are killing the mobs too quickly.

That definitely was not the case in the EE Servants of the Overlord I tried.

(Then again, maybe you're doing it wrong.)

Possibly.

My test was the first encounter in Servants of the Overlord.  Pop into quest.  Make sure Improved Precise Shot is on.  Start the show.  Back out of the room and shoot at the raksasha until damage registers.  Hit Blitz.  Kill.  Switch target to Drow Priestess.  Kill everything.

The Level 24 Cormeryian GXB left me with 3-4 stacks.  Needle leaves me with full stacks.  The GXB also took longer to clear the room.

I started thinking that GXB/Blitz wasn’t gonna work for me after the 3rd attempt.

Everyone in LD should be carrying a low DPS swappable weapon for those instances where blitz stacks are low, mobs are sparse, and cooldown reset is a long way off.

That’s why I went with “How many stacks does it leave at the end of a fight?”  That first fight has at least a half dozen mobs.

If you have a better test, I’m willing to check it out in a couple weeks.  (The character is a Wolf ATM.)

IP Logged

DDOgirl
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #234 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
I usually play tosser but recently tried out a few repeater builds. The dps is nice and they are easier in heroics and low epics, but no contest end game tosser wins out. Its all about the gear set and build tho. If you dont have end game ie. mortal fear/crip flames a repeater build might be the way to go especially for a new player. I tried out both dread and shiradi and both were great for dps. I am personally a shiradi girl so would pick it over blitzing as personal preference.

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #235 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
DDOgirl wrote on Aug 19th, 2015 at 2:33pm:
but no contest end game tosser wins out. 

Nah, not a chance. But it sounds like you're having fun, you should try Crusader with rotating GxB and repeater next time you have the chance. Even with crap gear the slaughter is extensive.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #236 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
DDOgirl wrote on Aug 19th, 2015 at 2:33pm:
I usually play tosser but recently tried out a few repeater builds. The dps is nice and they are easier in heroics and low epics, but no contest end game tosser wins out. Its all about the gear set and build tho. If you dont have end game ie. mortal fear/crip flames a repeater build might be the way to go especially for a new player. I tried out both dread and shiradi and both were great for dps. I am personally a shiradi girl so would pick it over blitzing as personal preference. 

If you are playing EH, you probably do kill trash in shiradi with a thrower as fast as any other ED, because Helpless and Mortal fear and low HP values. In EE, the I would be very surprised if any tosser was killing things faster in Shiradi than LD or ShadowDancer.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #237 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Having one now, yes, Mechs are strong. Not as strong as my Barb, imo, but then they can whizz around avoiding hits so...

Wow, after 9 odd years I can finally play a Rogue and not hate every second of it. First character was a Rogue too, not had to wait long!

IP Logged

GodOfWar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #238 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
14 Paladin and 5 Rogue + 1 filler (usually fighter or artificer) is obviously no brainer. Doing otherwise is just for gimps and noobs.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2015 at 12:21pm by GodOfWar »  

IP Logged

Coasterhops
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #239 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
GodOfWar wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 12:21pm:
14 Paladin and 5 Rogue + 1 filler (usually fighter or artificer) is obviously no brainer. Doing otherwise is just for gimps and noobs.

This whole post seems somewhat contradictory, so there is easy button, 14Pal, 5Rog, 1Whatever or there are more challenging builds that only Gimps or Noobs should play?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Send TopicPrint